Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Darkest Night [DragonSong] [M]

Started by Zero, March 30, 2017, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Major trigger warnings!!! There will be enormous amounts of vulgarity and subjects of sexual violence in this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go fuck yourself." Cole spat in annoyance as he fixed his tent. His group had been working the desert for months and had learned very well how to flit from one oasis to the next. They were on the far end of a rather nice one. It was odd that there was no permanent settlement here.

The tents were being erected in a circle, some by men and others by women who did not look up from their work, did not look at the armed men, and absolutely did not glance in the direction of the group of shackled men and women kept in the center of everything. Mostly pretty young women of any color and variety you could wish for - from more than one country. Some of the girls sobbed, some cried silently, and a few were staring at nothing at all - broken, stoic, and numb. Or maybe just in shock.

"C'mon Cole, you gotta scout. You're the best at being all sneaky." It was Jarvis, trying to coax him into doing the dirty work with a bit of flattery.

"You mean you're a lazy bastard that doesn't want to do it. I've scouted every night this week. You do it." He was tired and he mostly wanted to crawl into his tent and sleep. If at all possible, but it wouldn't be. The other men would expect him to cavort and join in their nightly games and fun with the poor sods that were all tied up waiting to be sold.

Someone clapped him on the shoulder jovially and he looked up to see his father, the man in charge. "Son, just go already so we can relax. I'll nick your guard duty for two weeks." When it looked like Cole was still going to protest taking scout duty for the night he spoke up again. "Aaaaaand I'll let you have first pick of the girls tonight. Whichever you want. I won't let nobody touch one of the little cunts until you get back and choose yours."

It really wasn't a huge incentive for him, but he glanced in the direction of the weeping women with an irritated sigh. They expected him to love torturing the girls as much as they did. "Fine, fine, but seriously, I'm going to stab you if I get stuck with any sloppy seconds."

Both Kaleb and Jarvis rolled with laughter. "Deal."

It was dark and Cole blended in well with the night, nearly entirely covered from head to toe in dark blue-grey linens to protect him from the sun in the day and the plummeting temperatures at night. They also protected him from being seen.

Shockingly there was actually someone out there. Cole didn't think anyone would be out here in the middle of the desert alone. There she was though. He could tell she was a woman, easily. Although really getting a better grasp of what she looked like was impossible from his hiding place in the dark at this distance.

He crept closer until he was within striking range. One of Cole's hands came down over her mouth to silence any screams, the other pressed the blade of a knife against the delicate skin of her throat. "Shhh. No sounds now, sweetling. Just nod your head yes or no. Are you alone?"

His tone was low and dangerous, making sure that his words would be both threatening and unheard by any unseen companions nearby.

DragonSong

Zahra crouched beside the small pond and drank greedily, barely pausing to breathe between massive gulps. Stars, it felt like she'd been out here for weeks.

Who knew, it could have been that long, or longer. It was hard to keep track of time when the days all blended together.

With a small sigh, she let herself sink back onto the spiky grass that dotted the area around the pond, letting her veil fall back into place over her nose and mouth as she leaned back on her palms. Her eyes closed and she just breathed for a moment. It felt like she hadn't had a moment of peace since she'd left home...

And it seemed she wouldn't get one. Before she could so much as blink, there was a hand covering her mouth and the unmistakable, icy prick of a blade at her throat. Her eyes flew wide open and she froze- if she struggled she risked slicing her own throat.

Whoever had sneaked up on her was speaking, but it took her a moment to focus passed the blind panic and decipher the words. Was she alone?

For a moment she considered lying. Would her chances be better if she bluffed, told him she was traveling with a caravan? But she hesitated too long, and logic caught up to her. With a soft whimper, she nodded carefully, clenching her eyes shut.

Zero

Cole's eyes had been focused on darting back and forth to survey the area around him, waiting for an ambush or for someone to suddenly appear. He felt a pang of guilt when she whimpered against his hand. Gods he hated it when they made those awful sounds or when they cried. Some of the other men took a perverse delight in making the girls cry or whimper or scream, the rest hated the sounds. Although the other men hated it because they found it annoying.

They just made Cole feel bad.

He relaxed every so slightly when she nodded that she was alone. Cole believed her. If there was anyone else there he'd have known it by now.

With the threat of other people gone, he turned his eyes down on his captive. She was a pretty little thing, a wisp of a girl. Men would like her very much, delicate and feminine. There was no way he could let her go. His father would kill him if he just released such a valuable specimen.

Of course it was for her own good in part that he found her. How would a lone girl survive for very long out here in the middle of nowhere? She'd been a sitting duck. Current situation was proof enough of that. Although he figured she'd not see it that way. Not that he would blame her. Death was probably preferable to at least some of the women they had in their possession.

"Shh. Shh. None of that, sweetling. I don't want to hurt you." Cole really didn't. "But you have to be a very, very good girl and do as I say. Do you understand?"

He still had the knife to her throat, but he slowly removed his hand from her mouth so that she could speak.

DragonSong

Zahra gulped in a ragged breath when he moved his hand away, trembling so violently she almost cut herself on the knife still pressed to her neck.

She wished she were braver, that the small voice screaming in her head for her to fight back actually had any control. For a moment, her eyes actually flickered toward her bow, lying a few feet away.

But fear squashed the moment of defiance. She swallowed thickly, already fighting back tears. "Y-yes. I...understand," she whispered.

She wasn't stupid. She had a pretty good idea what was about to happen to her, but she couldn't fight back, she just couldn't. She was scared stiff, and even if she hadn't been, had somehow been able to get the jump on him, she figured her captor wasn't alone.

Zero

Cole had noticed the bow, but he knew the girl could never get to it before he could stop her. It wasn't a threat to him at the moment. Neither was she. Not a real one. Sure, she could struggle and fight him, but he doubted she would. If her trembles were anything to go by the poor thing was scared out of her wits.

"That's a good girl." He praised her when she said she understood. "Now I will put my knife away, but you have to behave or I will have to get it back out again. You won't like it if I have to do that."

Maybe he didn't want to hurt her, but he'd be damned if he wouldn't punish her if he had to.

"Put your hands behind your back." Cole commanded as he pulled the knife away from her throat and replaced it in its sheath. A piece of cord was produced so that he could bind her wrists once she complied.

DragonSong

The elf girl whimpered again but bit her lip quickly to muffle the sound, clenching her eyes shut for a moment as she struggled to breathe. Slowly, she did as he told her, moving her hands behind her back and hunching her shoulders forward slightly in an automatically defensive position.

The tiniest spark of defiance in her chest refused to die and she whispered, "I'm not your good girl. Don't treat me like a lost ch-child..."

Zero

Cole secured her wrists tight enough that she wouldn't be able to wriggle out of the bindings, but made sure they wouldn't cut off the circulation. Although if she struggled too much her wrists would probably be scraped raw within minutes. At her little show of defiance he pulled her bound wrists, twisting the cord in a way that would bite into her flesh just enough to hurt.

"You are lost. Very lost." He commented idly, keeping the cord twisted enough keep it uncomfortable on the girl. "But you're right. Not my good girl. That'll be whoever pays for you. Better hope they like 'em mouthy."

He felt bad just saying it, but it was the truth. Cole didn't see a reason to sugarcoat the situation. Surely she must have figured it out already anyway.

"Now, will you give me your name or shall I give you a new one?" He gave a tiny tug at the bindings.

DragonSong

Another soft whimper escaped her before she managed to choke it back. Head bowed, she clenched her eyes shut against the threat of tears. She choked down a sob and murmured, "Zahra. My name is Z-Zahra."

There was a beat of silence, then she whispered, "Can- can you take my bow? It was- It means a lot to me."

She wasn't sure what she expected, but she had to ask.

Zero

"Shhhh. That wasn't so hard, was it? It's a pretty name. I think I'll let you keep it." Cole stroked her hair softly, it was a lovely shade as it slid through his fingers. She was a pretty little elf. They'd ruin her in minutes. He'd only managed to tie her up and already she was on the verge of sobbing.

"Don't move." He ordered, stepping away from her and retrieving the weapon from the ground. It didn't look special to him, but Cole would have taken it regardless. Can't just go leaving weapons laying around for just anyone to find and pick up. Could he? "You know, they're never going to let you keep this. I'll be holding onto it for now."

Cole slung the bow over his shoulder so it hung across his back as he walked back towards her. He gently took her by the arm and turned her in the direction he wanted. "If you run I'll have to tackle you and it won't be fun. Well, not for you."

It was crazy how easy it was for his voice to turn menacing. Maybe disturbing was a better descriptor, but Cole brushed it off. He had to get her back to camp.

DragonSong

Zahra took advantage of him moving to get her bow to turn and actually look at him- she'd yet to really see her captor.

A drow. Her eyebrows moved up fractionally. At least, she thought he was drow; he had to be at least half, if not more. She'd never met one of her "dark cousins" as they elders had referred to his race, and under normal circumstances she would have been quite curious.

As things were, she snapped her head back around when he moved toward her again and lowered her head again. "I understand," she murmured, wincing slightly when he took her arm. She sniffled, swallowing down another wave of tears.

Gods, she was pathetic. Her sister would never have allowed herself to be taken so easily.

Zero

Gods, why did they always have to cry?

Cole lead her along as gently as he could. He wasn't really hurting her! Sure, they'd do horrible things to her when he brought her back, but that wasn't his fault. A pit of ice formed in his stomach thinking about the reaction the boys would have when he came into camp with this little flower in tow. Every one of them would be clamoring for their turn to break in the new meat.

"Don't cry, sweetling. It's not going to be that bad. I'm sure any master that bought you would treat you good as long as you were nice and behaved yourself." Telling himself that assuaged his guilt only the slightest. "Tell me about the bow. What makes it special?"

Maybe if she talked about something it would take her mind off crying.

DragonSong

Zahra had to make a concerted effort not to burst into sobs at the idea of a master, regardless of how one might treat her. She wasn't a slave, she wasn't!

"It w-was my father's," she choked out, afraid that if she didn't answer him she'd earn his wrath, or at the very least irritation. She could play along, at least long enough to free herself...

At least, that was what she'd keep telling herself.

"It...it's passed down to the oldest child in my family," she added, a little softer.

Zero

Well that sucked.

The girl, whether she realized it or not, no longer owned the bow. Hell, she didn't own the clothes on her back or even herself anymore. Cole felt bad that he was stripping her of something that was basically a family heirloom, but he didn't have much choice about it. If he didn't claim it all, one of the other guys sure as hell would.

Speaking of the other men - Jarvis burst out from the bushes with a whoop, pumping his fist in the air. They weren't nearly back to camp yet, but he figured they'd sent him out looking for him when he took too long getting back.

"Holy fuck, man. I was wondering what was taking you so damn long. Nobody can start the party without you since you're get dibs tonight." Jarvis eyed Zahra not at all subtly as he whistled. "Hot damn but look at that pretty little prize. Everyone's going to just love it when we come back with her. They might even forgive you for holding up their fun."

"Fuck off, Jarvis." Cole warned as the human man reached a hand out towards Zahra. He pulled her a little closer to him protectively.

"D'awwwww. Did Cole find himself a widdle girlfriend?" The man taunted him at the gesture, laughing a bit.

"No, but I'll be damned if I'm letting you claim any credit for finding her. My find, my claim, my reward." Whoever caught the slave got a bigger cut of the profit for that slave. Cole wasn't going to let Jarvis try to weasel in on his claim.

DragonSong

Zahra nearly shrieked when the human suddenly appeared and unconsciously flinched back into her captor's hold, before realizing that she was just as trapped in that direction and trying to hold herself perfectly still.

She hissed in a sharp breath when the new man reached for her, and for a moment her eyes flashed dangerously- but then she remembered her situation and dropped her head.

She was surprised when the drow pulled her closer though, the gesture was almost...protective?

No. Proprietory not protective, she realized as she listened to the two men talk. She was his "claim". His reward. She swallowed thickly, eyes clenched shut. "P-Please-" She snapped her mouth shut before she could fully voice the plea, eyes fixed on her feet.

Zero

Jarvis caught the little flash of defiance and grinned wickedly at her. His grin only grew when she let out that little plea. "Aww, fuck the others. Let's give her a good first lesson right now. You heard that pretty little please. She's cute, got a nice little mouth. Bet it would look better with my cock shoved in it."

Cole flashed his teeth in a minor snarl, canines slightly more pronounced than a human as he pulled Zahra closer to him once again. "Go fuck yourself, Jarvis. I'd cut your dick off before I let you touch this one. After all the bullshit you put me through, like hell I'm letting you foul her up. Nobody will want to buy her after she's had your disease riddled prick in her."

Rather than be offended, the man roared with laughter. "Suit yourself. I get it. If I caught a fine one like this I'd want to have a first turn with her too. Just hurry up! I want that pretty little blonde we nicked from Connlaoth. She's got the biggest tits I've ever seen."

He didn't even wait for a reply, just bounced back off through the night.

Cole sighed heavily and swore again. "You ain't a virgin or anything, are you? By the time they get done with you if you ain't the sorriest ass in Essyrn you'll definitely be the sorest."

So much for not freaking her out before getting her back. Fucking Jarvis.

DragonSong

Her eyes widened at the crass threat and she swallowed a small moan of terror. Surprisingly, she felt a flash of relief from the drow's words- at least at first. It seemed she was more valuable if she wasn't...used.

At least, that was her first impression. When he asked if she was a virgin, she stared back at him with wide eyes, then burst into tears. Her legs refused to hold her anymore and her knees buckled, sending her to the ground without her hands to catch herself, bound as she was.

What was she supposed to say? That of course she was a virgin- she'd been groomed to be her tribe's spiritual leader, it didn't exactly leave a lot of time for play, and then she and Shria had been on their own, and then...it was just her.

Sobbing desperately, she gasped out an endless string of, "Please please, I just want to go home, please don't, please please please!"

Zero

He was going to kill Jarvis. Strangle the bloody idiot in his sleep.

Cole watched with a confusing mix of exasperation, frustration, and guilt as the poor girl practically threw herself on the ground sobbing. He was going to take that as a yes on the virgin thing. Some girls were really particular about that whole thing. Personally he'd never understood why a person would be more or less valuable based on such a trivial thing.

This little elf waif wasn't going to last a bloody day. Hell, she wasn't going to last the night. Not carrying on the way she was.

With a sigh he knelt beside her and stroked her hair again. Cole figured it wasn't exactly a comforting gesture all things considered, but he didn't know what else to do. He'd rather not have her a sobbing mess when he brought her in. Not that the guys would mind at all, but he felt bad while she was crying like this.

"You can't go home, sweetling. You can't. I'm sorry. Even if I wanted to I couldn't let you go now, Jarvis has done seen you. If I went back empty handed they'd take it out on my hide then just hunt you down and hurt you anyway." He kept sort of petting her hair, at a loss for what else to really do.

"Listen, you have to stop that crying. These guys, they're fucking vultures. If you go around bawling your eyes out like this they're going to go out of their way to make you cry more. I've seen what they do to pretty little sweet things like you. It's...brutal. If you don't pull it together they'll break you so hard and fast. I don't want to see you broken, sweetling. I really don't. Please stop crying." None of the men would understand. It was why he hid his empathy for the poor girls so well. They'd tear him apart if they thought he was weak.

DragonSong

Zahra tried to contain her wails and ended up with a series of short, sort of choked mewling sounds as she bowed her head, biting her lip to keep from screaming. Her shoulders heaved and she could barely get a breath in, but she heard his words through it all.

"Wh-why?" she gasped out when she had enough air to do more than hiccup and sniffle. "Why d-do they want to h-hurt us? I h-haven't done anything!"

Another shuddering sob, then a sharp breath as she tried desperately to pull herself together, at least enough so that she could start thinking clearly. She looked up at the drow through the hair that had fallen in front of her face.

"Why... Why are you being....nice to me?" she demanded suspiciously. The man had kidnapped her! But here he was, stroking her hair and calling her things like "sweetling". Why?

Zero

Cole let her wail and sob. It wasn't as if he could physically stop her. Fuck but she was making a racket, though. Everyone at camp could probably hear her cries. Someone was either going to come check to see if they could help shut her up, or they were snickering and goading about just what he might be doing to the little elf to make her cause such a commotion.

They were probably goading.

"Because they can and they think it's fun." He said flatly. It was the honest answer. Cole wasn't going to lie or try to justify it. There really wasn't a valid justification.

Ah, that was the question he should have suspected was coming. He looked down at her with something close to pity as he brushed the hair from her face. "My mother is a slave. She's just a short way away, sitting in that camp of men with my father. I can't let you go. I'm not a hero and I can't save you, but I'm not going to torture you or hurt you if I don't have to."

But he was going to have to hurt her. They had been taking too long. There would have to be a good reason.

DragonSong

Her shoulders hunched forward, unconsciously straining against her bonds as she automatically tried to wrap her arms around herself. She gave a quiet yelp when the chord cut into her wrists and forced herself to relax her shoulders.

She had no reason to believe him- but she did. Zahra may not have been an accomplished fighter or mage, but she had always been good at reading people. That skill had kept her alive in recent years as much as her twin's ability with a blade. And she knew this man wasn't lying, at least not about this.

So she took a breath and tried to gather her feet under herself, forcing her legs to straighten despite the way they shook. Bottom lip clamped firmly between her teeth, she murmured, "Get this over with then."

Tags: