Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I aint looking for trouble, I'm just looking for... {pm to join}

Started by almighyxcavus, July 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Excanos rubbed his cheek where the staff had hit him.
"I-Im sorry, I completely deserve that, it's just I was conflicted Alexandria was practically my second mother. She took me in at probably one of my lowest points. On top of the fact that you're really ho-" Excanos slapped himself "I'm just genuinely bad with women. I want to be the kind of man that can stand up for the things he believes in as well as the things and people he protects. Could you please forgive me?"
Excanos knelt on the ground hanging his head. He knew there was no shot with Julianna at this point and he was completely ready to accept whatever decision she had come to.

Celegwen

Julianna had no idea Excanos had knelt until she felt a sudden change when the sun hit her face. His size always seemed to place her quite literally in his shadow, so the heat from the sun was a tool she used to figure out where he was.

"I'm not deciding anything now," she said simply. "You help me get my moonstone back, then perhaps we can talk." She started walking, but stopped quickly. "If you try to deceive me again, I can guarantee you will have no assistance from my powers in getting to and from any level of Hell. It's up to you now."

Pitch purred slightly, and Julianna looked in Excanos' general direction. "And stand up. I'd imagine you look like a blubbering fool."

almighyxcavus

Excanos stood making sure to cover Julianna with his shadow.
"Thank you for your acceptance, well for the most part at least, follow me we can probably find her home within a days time or so. "
The group started to follow Excanos, after about a couple hours they stopped for a break.
He turned to Julianna, "Julianna with all due respect I didn't mean to deceive you in any way possible. It was just a hard decision to make and I didnt know how to approach it. I just didn't want you to," Excanos practically started to mumble incoherently, "like me..."

Celegwen

"If you have something to say, just say it," she spat.

After Excanos' albeit brief deception, Julianna was in no move for his or anyone else's guilt-ridden bullshit. She clenched her jaw and frowned.

"Out with it!"

almighyxcavus

Excanos was overridden with anxiety, flutter, and his heart was racing.
Thankfully Faelis wasn't near them, but just for caution Excanos grabbed Julianna by the arm and took her behind a tree that was a good distance away from where they had stopped.
Excanos looked around a little panicked. Not knowing who was watching him if anyone at all. He stood as if was at attention and spoke:
"Julianna please do not take this the wrong way, you can obliterate me whenever you want to but know this: I... am... in... l-lo..."
OH JUST FUCKING SAY IT ALREADY YOU SHEEPISH IDIOT!
"I am in love with you."
Excanos dropped his father's blade to the ground, it started to burn the grass around where it landed, but not as much heat as there was in his heart. He grabbed Julianna's forearm with his left hand and jerked her towards him. Their lips met for only just a mere couple of seconds, but it was enough for Excanos. He released her and walked a few paces away and knelt to the ground turning away from Julianna. He spoke:
"Do your worst, I deserve whatever I'm about to receive, due to my immaturity."
Excanos waited for his trip to oblivion.

Celegwen

Excanos had begun to wear down her walls, but she raised them immediately when she learned the woman who split her moonstone served as a mother figure for him. That alone could have been forgiven, but his lies to protect the Raven would take a lot longer.

Julianna's breath slowed, and she just listened. It was an emotionless silence that lasted a lot longer than Excanos probably wanted. She just stood, feeling the natural energies around her, which included Excanos' blade. She found it with her staff, then used it to flip the blade onto the rocky pathway.

"You're a fool," she said, kneeling to the ground with her palm facing the ground. Julianna felt the life of the grass and brush, then the death and emptiness where Excanos' blade had scorched the land. She muttered an inaudible spell and waved her fingers over the empty patch of land.

A small smile crossed her lips, and she felt life return as little, green buds sprouted from the charred patch. She stood, facing the direction Excanos had been. "You broke my trust, Excanos," she said. "There is nothing you can do to erase that." Pitch flew above, guiding her back to the path. She walked onto the path and slowed, cocking her head back over her shoulder with the slightly smirk. "Life always has the opportunity to rise from death. It just takes the right touch."

almighyxcavus

Wow, I really am the biggest fool in this land, holy dragon shite.
After noticing that he hadn't been completely blasted into oblivion. He stood, hanging his head. He pulled the hood from his mother's robe completely over his head so that his eyes couldn't be seen at all anymore and grabbed his father's blade.
He walked completely past Julianna, and spoke with a very low and depressed voice:
"Follow me, we should reach her home within a day if we don't stop."
One of his hands rested of the blade's hilt while the other sat in one of his pockets. Excanos developed a hunch to his walk.
I would've rather been blown into oblivion instead of trying to understand a metaphor that basically says fuck off. Great job me, you blew it completely.
Excanos was practically a ghost guiding the path for Julianna to act revenge, and there was no way he was going to stop her at this point, he just needs to accept what will come.

Celegwen

They walked along the path, the only noises being those of nature. Excanos clearly had nothing more to say to Julianna, so Julianna had nothing to say to him. Pitch circled above, gliding on the gentle air currents.

As they walked, the girl felt a strongly negative energy radiating from Excanos, but she ignored it. The task she was undertaking would likely take much, if not all of her skills. If the Raven was able to shield herself from the sleeping Seer, she would have to be powerful. And after discovering Excanos' history with her, there was no way she'd let him go in her place.

As the daylight started fading and they drew closer to the destination, Julianna stopped. "To be completely frank," she said, "I don't much care for your attitude. It's weak and pathetic. I need to know this because, if I don't like the answer, you will not be coming with me any further. When we get there, considering your history with the Raven, are you going to be strong enough to resist her?"

almighyxcavus

Excanos stopped and turned towards Julianna. The hood on his robe covered his eyes within a shadow. His heart wasn't moving he had no pulse, the only thing keeping his body functioning was the curse mark. He had an essence about him that was on par to that of the deepest level of hell itself. He straightened up a bit and spoke in a low and surprisingly calm voice:
"Resist? What is there to resist when there is nothing left. You don't have the power to win against her, you're too naive. You're intense focus on your moonstone will only get you killed. I'll approach her as I am, she and everyone else mean nothing to me."
Excanos continued for a bit before he unsheathed his blade and rested the sharp end on his shoulder.
"I'll bring her head if I have to."
Excanos had become what he feared the most: a demon.
He continued down the beaten path not knowing or caring for Julianna's response anymore. He knew at this point from what he had heard of his other mother-like figure, there would be no reason for her live.
His curse grew a bit, almost covering his entire calf and forearm now. The runes looked to be fading at a faster rate than ever before.
Excanos's mission was clear: return the moonstone, bring the Raven's head to Julianna, and get to hell so that he may at least serve his purpose.

Celegwen

Julianna continued on, following Excanos. The sudden change in him was frightening, and Julianna realized it could definitely spell trouble for her. She couldn't tell what had just happened, but there was no way she was going to ask. The sudden darkness that grew in him was enough to make her shudder.

That being said, Julianna had an issue with her curiosity. She had to know what just happened.

She stepped closer to him and lightly touched his arm, so gently that it could have been a breeze. Then, she touched her moonstone. Pressing the stone to her forehead, she closed her eyes. "Somnum," she whispered, then collapsed on the path in a sudden and deep sleep. Pitch screeched nervously, and Excanos stopped.

Flashes of red, black, and grey flooded her mind. Symbols all over... Runes? Yeah...that's it. The runes that he carved into himself. Darkness. Heat...fire? No...Hell. The runes... They're disappearing? Where? A face... A face of a demon.

She awoke with a start, gasping for air and shaking violently.

almighyxcavus

Excanos stopped and turned towards Julianna. He started to mumble a chant which sounded nothing like anything he would usually say.
"Vessos pernu sagos"
He placed his cursed hand just above Julianna's breasts and under her neck. A small mixed pulse of heat and cold circulated through Julianna, her shaking began to slow and came to a complete stop after about 20 seconds or so.
Excanos turned about face and began on the path again.
She's special... Excanos's voice mixed with Galith's echoed inside his mind.
The group continued down the past until they arrived at the home.
"Stand back..."
Excanos stood still. After the longest 5 minutes in anyone's life, Excanos's right arm shook violently. A hand made of his black flames sprung from his arm and tore every single rune from Excanos's body, leaving a cauterized claw mark in its wake. The arm placed the runes around Excanos in a pentagon formation. They began to glow violently, each one sprouting a different element. Fire, Earth, Water, Air, and Light. After 10 minutes everything stopped, Excanos was motionless for just a brief moment. The cauterized claw marks began to spout demon-like hardened black metal. Then skin on the right side of his body turned a dark crimson. His shoulder was completely covered in the metal along with his fingertips. His father'a blade floated before him, it snapped perfectly in half, except for the orb that rested in the guard, it grew to the size of Excanos's palm. The blade turned into a giant scythe, the orb situated itself just where the curve to the blade stared. The black flame turned into a flaming eye within the orb. The scythe looked to be something made from and for a demon.
The only thing that wasnt touched was his lips, Julianna had saved that aspect for him. His right eye turned into a demon's eye, dark crimson with a black slit. The top portion of his mother's robes were completely torn to shreads.
He took the scythe in his right hand, he raised it high and with one swipe he opened a rift, it spouted Alexandria otherwise known as the Raven onto the ground in front of Excanos, he positioned the scythe's blade just behind her neck as she was getting up and spoke with his and Galith's booming voice mixed:
"Give the moonstone back, now, or I will decapitate you."
Excanos voice at that moment could've shaken even the most courageos of warriors.

Celegwen

Julianna hadn't had such a heavy blow in years. And now she was supposed to face the Raven? This is going to be bad, she thought to herself.

Alexandria laughed maniacally. "I don't have it!" The Raven screeched. She sat on the ground in front of the boy she had practically raised, the boy who now threatened her life.

Her raven feathered cloak and beautiful red gown were slowly getting dirtier each time she tried to move. She looked straight at Excanos with a mad look in her eye, then pressed her neck into the scythe. Alexandria's silver eyes flitted back and forth between serpentine and human pupils every time she blinked.

Harder, further... She pressed into the blade of his scythe until her head was literally being held on by only skin. "You can't kill me, child," she spat, suddenly vanishing. "Because she wasn't real." The voice came from behind him.

Alexandria smiled ear to ear with the same devious glint in her eye she always had. "Come now, my son," she said in a motherly tone, drawing the other half of the moonstone amulet from the squared neckline of her gown. "A mere illusion. I thought I taught you better than that."

almighyxcavus

"I am no one's son, my name is Excalith, and you did."
Excalith took the ilusion's head and threw it in front of him. He began to twirl the scythe violently but with precision and beauty nonetheless. Opening rift after rift exposing all of the Raven's illusions in every possible timeline.
Excalith with one swipe killed them all until the real Raven was left cowering as to what her "son" had become.
He raised his left hand and lit a black flame without even chanting, he grabbed the Raven by her calf, burning it severly, then by her head. Making sure she was looking him right in his demon eye.
This is the real one.
Whilst burning her hood, and then hair, Excalith yanked the true moonstone out of her evil grasp and handed it to Julianna.
"That, is real."
He walked back over to the Raven who had severe burns on her legs and back of her skull. He placed the scythe's blade against her neck again.
"You are nothing."

Celegwen

The Raven laughed once again, running her finger along the blade of the scythe. "You gave in to your dark side," she said, looking at him. "I'm so proud." She glanced at Julianna, then back at Excalith. "There's still much you need to learn, though. For one, never touch the blood of a woman skilled in primal magic."

Without warning, she sliced open his wrist with her claw-like nails and drew blood. Then, disappeared in a cloud of smoke, only the echo of her cackle remaining.

In one of her numerous huts, she cared for her wounds, then dug out a magical orb. It was similar to a crystal ball, but used more for speaking to someone. She took his dried blood from beneath her nail and mixed it with a potion, then dropped the orb into the mixture. Alexandria took the orb out and it held a faint red glow, showing Excalith's image. "Mother is so proud of you," she whispered into it, knowing Excalith could hear her voice as though she were next to him without any way to track where it was coming from.

Meanwhile, on the path, Julianna held the other half of the moonstone with a shaky grasp. "I've waited to have the complete moonstone for so long," she said, running her thumb over the second half. She quickly wiped a tear away before it got a chance to fall and laughed breathily. "I almost don't even know what to do. We should make camp. I have to do a fusing spell, which will take a little over an hour."

She settled in a nearby field, while Pitch perched on a low branch. She felt incredibly uneasy around Excalith. There was a darkness that she couldn't recognize, but more importantly it was a darkness that she wasn't sure she could trust.

Sitting on a log and placing her staff next to her, she took off the other half of the moonstone and removed both from their frames. Julianna placed the flat sides of the stone together and closed her eyes. "Simul," she whispered. "Simul in perpetuum." She repeated that twelve more times and placed the moonstone back in her amulet around her neck. The spell wasn't completed yet, but the time remaining was simply waiting for the moonstone to heal itself.

"Thank you," she said, her hand reaching around her to find Excalith.

almighyxcavus

Excalith licked the blood from his wrist, the wound instantly sealed up. Minor wounds such as that had no effect on him anymore. The Raven's little comment on blood had no effect on Excalith. He shrugged it off just as he did with the wrist wound.

Excalith turned to Julianna and grabbed her with his left hand. His human voice spoke:
"No, Thank You, because I just found out who really killed my parents. The bastard in Connlaoth was a lie setup by her, she even managed to convince Galith." The scythe shook "That is not true. I just like fucking with your head." Galith's voice clearly emanated from the scythe for all to hear. "Regardless as a token of my appreciation..." Excalith brought himself to Julianna again, their lips meeting, but this time it was different. There a slight heat within the kiss. One not of sheepish-ness, or anxiety. To him it felt... natural. Although the kiss was again short lived, Excalith felt a little more at ease with himself.

"You are not my playtoy, I merely was showing my gratitude in the only human way I know."
Excalith sat on a nearby log, the Raven's voice did not phase his mind even in the slightest. In fact...

You, are really bad at hiding the truth, you old hag.

He looked over to Julianna who seemed to be in a state of slight shock. "So, now that you got your moonstone back, anything else you need to do?"

Celegwen

Julianna had never before been in a situation where she had to act like she was completely fine with everything that was happening. She had never before been in a situation where she was practically forced to travel with someone who chilled her to the bone. There was not a doubt in her mind that he could kill her if he wanted to.

She rolled the finally complete amulet around in her hands. "Please don't do that again," she whispered with what seemed like hesitancy. The girl wasn't normally shy in front of people who knew her, but Excalith seemed like a completely separate person from Excanos. "I don't need anything else. Just a few more minutes."

The moonstone completed its joining, and Julianna realized she might have an idea. "It's ready," she said.

almighyxcavus

Excalith stood from the log he was sitting on. Normally Excanos would've fainted at the opportunity to kiss Julianna again. But after his conversion with Galith, he wasn't entirely sure what to feel. The only thing he remembered before the transformation... was her.

He noticed her voice was tensing up, she was completely terrified of him. Neither Excanos or Ecalith would've wanted this. He spoke, his voice was as soft, welcoming, and goofy as it was before:
"Julianna, I meant what I said before this whole transformation. I don't want you to be scared of me, if anything... you're the last person I would ever let Galith take. And for that reason..."

Excalith twirled his scythe. He threw it up into the air and caught it between his feet, with a swift slice in the air. He tore open the portal to hell that he always needed. "I'm not letting you come to hell with me.
"You helped me find so much about myself through this journey, I found my own screwed attempt at love, I found the real person that killed my parents, and although I look different, I feel a lot better about myself than I ever would've without you." Before he stepped into the portal, he turned and approached Julianna one more time.

"You said not to do 'that' again, so I won't, instead..." He knelt to Julianna and gave her the most comforting hug he could ever give, even with his seemingly torn body. He pulled away: "Thank you."
Excalith stepped into the portal with the scythe resting on his shoulders.
I'll be back to see you again, and maybe when I return, you'll be able to see me.
The portal closed.

Celegwen

When the portal closed, Julianna jumped up. "You bloody fool!" She shouted, grabbing her staff. Pitch flew down and landed on her shoulder. She winced slightly, not having any protection from his talons. "I can't take you with me, buddy. Time moves different in Hell. Four months here is forty years there. That stupid bastard wouldn't know."

Her eyes started to emit a white glow, and Pitch flew away from her. She touched a few of the runes on her staff, each one turning red upon her touch. With each touch, she repeated, "aperiam in porta." At the last rune, she spun her staff rapidly and slammed it on the ground.

Once again, the fiery red circle appeared and started to grow. The strength from the portal was stronger than it was last time, and she knew it was because it felt she was stronger with her full moonstone. One thing she left out when she first showed Excanos her ability...

Not only can she now open and close the portal to Hell at will, but she can also open one to Paradise (what some call Heaven), and she can take people, dead or alive, to and from the destinations. It just depended if the spirits wanted to go with her.

She stepped through the portal, whistling a soft goodbye to Pitch, who chirped nervously at the portal from a very safe distance. Inside, she touched the runes in the opposite order. "Claude ostium," she whispered, a small tear falling from her eye when the portal shut.

Julianna kissed her moonstone. "Invenient," she said. The moonstone began to glow and give her an energetic pull toward the one she was looking for.

almighyxcavus

After floating through the portal for what seemed forever. Excalith finally passed through a glimpse of light. He landed gracefully out of the portal onto a seemingly endless plane of black. He stepped in a nearby puddle of black water, nothing like the river styx, just like the water he was able to conjure up. Lifeless husks of bodies walking by in the hopes of seeing paradise.

Excalith freed everyone he saw with his scythe.
"Limbo, the level for those who are unbaptized and whatever else. Presumably the easiest level, but sure as hell the creepiest by far."

After walking for which seemed like forever, Excalith didn't realize he had stepped off a cliff...
Instead of panicking, Excalith just went with the flow, nothing seemed to scare him anymore, Galith, death, girls. Nothing phased him.

After about an hour of falling, Excalith finally hit something he could at least call land. When he looked up, he saw a path to Colosseum-like structure that had deathly screams coming from it. Following the path, the screams only got louder and louder until...

"Number 6billion, 452 million, 378 thousand, 5 hundred, and 2 please show yourself." A lifeless groan came from what appeared to be an audience, the figure raised its hand. Soon after a giant demon with the top part of it's head looking like the outside of the Colosseum rose from the ground. It's large death ridden hand snatched the soul who quickly realized what was going to happen and started screaming and pleading for mercy. "No mercy with the house of pain." The giant responded. The demon slammed the soul onto a spire that was attached to a wheel like mechanism, it spun violently sending the soul's limbs flying off in every direction. The demon laughed: "HA HA HAA, that never gets old, next!"

Demon of pain, pretty much a pushover from the stories that I heard of from mother. But his sadism would and could terrify any normal mortal. He's blind so playing that to my advantage should help. Excalith closed his eyes for a moment pondering more possibilities as he kept on the path.

Celegwen

Julianna rolled her eyes at the sight of the hellish Colosseum. Hell was an interesting place, but she preferred to venture into Paradise; not nearly as many creeps in Paradise. She tied her hair back in a tight ponytail, then continued on, letting her moonstone direct her.

The Colosseum was a familiar sight, if dreaded and uncomfortable for her. She wasn't overly fond of the practices that went on inside those walls. Not that she objected to Hell itself, but rather the repetitiveness and unchanging punishments of the Colosseum.

She heard the annoyingly confident inner voice of Excalith. Julianna sighed, watching Excalith walk along the path. She girl silently crept over and spun her staff in the air. She caught it and slammed it into his back. The staff hit Excalith with a considerable amount of force, making him whip around, ready for a fight.

Julianna smirked with slight arrogance, waving her fingers at him. "Nobody walks away from me, Excalith."

Tags: