Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I aint looking for trouble, I'm just looking for... {pm to join}

Started by almighyxcavus, July 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Excalith realized what was about to happen, he expelled Galith from his body and shouted: "GET BACK THE BOTH OF YO-" Excanos couldnt even finish his sentence before he was impaled with the dragon bone claws of his greatest adversary: his younger sister Kathia. "EXCANOS NO!" Galith's shadow shouted with a hand attempting to grasp him once more.

Still impaled Excanos spoke with a loud and clear voice: "JUST KEEP THEM AWAY FROM JUL-" Excanos was coughing blood onto the claw.

Galith was never one to take orders, but he knew what was coming. "Julianna stay behind me please, I understand you may not appreciate my protection, but for his sake please."

Excanos was being imapled over and over again while his sister shouted: "YOU WERE THE ONE THAT KILLED FATHER AND MOTHER!"

Celegwen

Excanos' sudden expulsion of Galith came extremely unexpectedly. If anything, Julianna would guess he'd want to use Galith's power. Once he actually told her to stay back, she got pissed: nobody told her what to do.

"Screw you," she hissed at the demon. The girl grimaced at the sight of the soul jabbing what could only have been claws from a dragon into Excanos.

Over and over and over again. No...

She turned away, not wanting to see him continuously stabbed by who had to have been his relative. No one got that enraged when attacking a stranger. "You were the one that killed father and mother." Definitely his sister.

Julianna glared up at Galith. "I'll listen to you, but you listen to me. If you know he can't take any more, and I know you need him, so you won't let him get killed. If you know he can't take any more, one of you take my hand, and I'll give you a fucking supercharge like you've never seen."

She was dead serious, and that possibly wouldn't be a metaphor if her power was tapped into. All she knew was that she couldn't watch him get hurt like that.

almighyxcavus

Galith attempted to reach out to Julianna's hand but Excanos glanced over and mentally yanked Galith's arm away. "I'm not the one telling you to stay back... he is. He doesn't want your supercharge either especially with your unstable magic." Galith tried his best to fight back against Excanos's wishes but "his will is too strong at this moment. He wants me to protect you at all costs."

Kathia screeched with maniacal laughter: "You were weak! You let those demon craft cunts rape mother and birth me right then and there! I took amazement in seeing your father perish like the little cunt he wa-"

Excanos grabbed the claw and spoke with a terrifying voice that even gave Galith chills: "You. Take. That. Back."

Kathia laughed in his petty attempt of righteousness. "Nice try brother, but that won't work with me." She brought out a soul knife and stabbed Excanos trough his cheek and his mouth. Excanos crumbled to the ground from the sheer amount of pain. Kathia walked over and easily kicked Galith away from Julianna. "Aww, pretty little girl my brother has. I wonder what would happen if she were to be," Kathia appeared behind Julianna and drove her claw into Julianna's back.

"JULIANNA NO!" Galith screamed as he attempted to get back up, but the other souls began to pull him back down preventing him from doing anything.

Excanos opened his eyes to Julianna being impaled from the claw. At that moment he didn't know whether it was the level they were in or what he had just witnessed, but thing was for sure...

"You're dead."

Excanos arose, the pain seemed to just disappear. He was covered in his own blood, perfect. "Unaki Vaus Ignitius Corpus." The blood on his skin began to boil turning a dark blue before spouting out flames. He dashed over to Kathia and spiraled kicked her in the face sending her flying. He lifted Julianna and brought her over to Galith, Excanos easily scattered the souls off of him. "Be useful for once and actually protect her, or I will destroy you." He laid her down in front, although he was a demon he knew how to tend wounds. Especially cauterizing them. "No one will lay a finger on her I promise."

"Good." Excanos turned to see himself impaled once more. "You didn't think I'd give up that easy do you?"

"Not at all." He grabbed the claw with both of his hands and forcefully took reeled them out his body. He slammed Kathia onto the ground with his boiling blood dripping all over her, and tore the claw to pieces. "Thats. Getting. Annoying."

"Oh Brother so predictable." As she slammed him into the ground from above. Excanos grabbed her by the throat and singed her. Throwing her off to the side. She came back with a heavy blow to his back, but he didn't move one bit. "You are even more predictable." Excanos vanished, three shadows appeared and grabbed Kathia at her arms and legs. "She's the real one."

"Now lets see how you like being tortured. Cunt." Excanos slit his wrist and forced Kathia to drink his boiling blood, all the while digging his scythe into her gut and ripping it out over and over again. Finally he ended the torture by clasping his sister's face with both hands and burning it. While his shadows pulled her limbs apart, spewing black blood all over.

"You were never family." Excanos returned to Galith fusing together once more, blood cooled and dripping onto Julianna. "I'm so sorry." He carried her through the portal to the 6th level. The landing wasn't pleasant for Excalith, but Julianna was safe once more as she laid on him while he was on the flaming ground not knowing of she was conscious or not.

Celegwen

She hadn't been injured to that extent in many years, probably since she first started learning how to fight. That had been interesting. Her teacher was skilled, but she was stubborn from birth; never listened to his warnings.

Snap out of it, she thought to herself. Her memories were fun to live in, but it wasn't the time or the place to live in a dream world. She gently pushed herself up and off of him, wincing slightly. "I'm fine," she said, reaching around to feel the wound. "Really. Had worse."

It was definitely deep, but Galith's initial action made sure she didn't lose too much blood. Her vision was gone. Her heart started speeding up in reaction, but she calmed when it slowly began to come back. Still, it hurt to breathe; Kathia had probably partially punctured the Seer's lung. Julianna squeezed her eyes closed, clearing her vision.

She glanced at down at Excalith. He was covered in blood. "Holy shit," she whispered, sinking gently to her knees. "What the hell were you thinking?" She asked him, not completely expecting a response. If it was painful for her to breathe, she couldn't imagine what he was feeling at the moment. "You should've let me help you." She examined as many injuries as she could as quickly as she could. The important thing was to somehow stop the bleeding, and she didn't have anything to do it with. Not to mention, she had unfortunately used up the little bit of magic the soul in her moonstone had to spare.

The flaming ground didn't bother her in the slightest as she had been there so many times before, but Excalith was in enough pain already that she really wasn't sure whether it was hurting him. Fuck, she thought, pursing her lips.

"That was a stupid move you made, expelling Galith." Julianna put her hand on his uninsured cheek, as she moved her hand over his other injuries. "I don't have my magic," she said more to herself, then turning to Excalith. "Why the hell would you do that?"

almighyxcavus

Excalith opened his eye's to see Julianna's beautiful face once more. His mouth was in a lot of pain so he couldn't speak much. It was for you, it always has and always will you have that promise from me. Excalith tried to sit up and spoke, it was light and mostly broken: "Ig-nnn-it-ous Co-rp-us" He burned all of the open wounds on his body making sure not to accidentally burn Julianna. With another chant water started to flow around him, he also made sure to keep it cool from the heat of the level by adding a frost layer on top. the injury from his mouth healed first thankfully allowing him to speak.

"You also need to stop worrying about me so much, I might've never been here, but last time I checked I've been the one doing most of the work." He said with a slight chuckle. "I should be fine within the hour. Sis really did me good this time. Unfortunately, even with as much as I dismembered her, I didn't kill her so she'll still be the guardian on the way back up."

Excalith winced a bit as he shifted around, thanks to Galith the flaming ground had no effect on him. He put a hand on her head and ruffled her hair a bit "you got to save up your energy, Galith is not going to be easy to defeat, and I'm going to need your help."

Celegwen

She sat on her heels, glaring at him slightly with a smirk. "You're only doing most of the work because someone broke my staff!"

Julianna had gotten to a point that almost nothing he did shocked her. The strange way that Excalith healed himself didn't even make her bat an eye. She wanted to help him, but he was right. The further they journeyed into Hell, the more dangerous the adversaries became. She couldn't give her all unless it was absolutely necessary.

"If you need time to heal, this is a good level to do it on," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "The souls here are more focused on escaping over attacking. Most of them probably won't even realize we're here. Thank you for not killing her. I know it was probably difficult."

Before he did the spell, she saw his eyes had a softness to them. Julianna let herself into his mind again and listened to what he was thinking. Whether he intended for her to hear or not, she did, though she wouldn't tell him. "And you can't make me stop worrying," she said. "You're reckless, stubborn, and hell, you have a damned demon tethered to you." She smiled softly and gently pressed her lips against his for just a moment. "And there's no one else I'd walk through Hell for."

almighyxcavus

Hook, line, and seer. I guess i'm not that bad with women after all.
Yes, because almost killing two beings over and over again suddenly makes you good with women.
Oh shut up you know what I mean.

Excalith was relieved he didn't have to make the first move for once. Sure it required him to nearly kill himself, but it was worth it. The wounds began closing up and Excalith leaned on his scythe once more to stand himself up. "Let's get a move on. This guardian owes me one, I think." He reached out and graciously lifted julianna off the ground.

The duo held hands as they walked through the fiery pit of hell they were in. 

Celegwen

Part of her was confused at her own actions. Julianna was never one to be open to any kind of real attachments. She enjoyed not being tied down, partially because she didn't want to feel like a burden on anyone. Something about him just made her feeling differently...

Literally walking through the levels of Hell with him was better than walking alone in the realm of the living. It just didn't make sense!

"If I don't get my staff fixed, I'm calling dibs on the scythe," she said with a grin, looking at him out of the corner of her eye. She looked him over briefly, impressed with the rate at which his wounds were healing. "Wait, how does a Hell guardian owe you a favor?"

almighyxcavus

Excalith chuckled a bit before readjusting himself once more. "Well, if you can handle Galith being a little bitch, go right ahead, it looks like I can hold my ow-"

"No you can't, little boy! If it wasn't for me and Julianna you'd be dead by now!" Galith's voice emanated from the scythe as the scythe bonked him on the head. Excalith started laughing while swinging Julianna's arm a bit.

"Finding love in quite literally the worst place this world has to offer, kind of ironic a little isn't it? Or I am just being stupid?" Excalith said with a smile.

"Probably stupid." Galith groaned.

Excalith remembered Julianna's question. "Remember how I said I studied this place? Well, if what I remember is correct the guardian should owe my family a favor if it's the same one. Cross your fingers."

Celegwen

She smirked at Galith's reaction to the two of them. Just the annoyance from the demon made Julianna want to follow through. It was just one of those little things that gave her pleasure in bothering other people. She didn't even care if it was the right thing to do. You have to take entertainment where you can find it!

"And by the way, it's definitely the same demon. Unless something happened that killed the last guardian, which it is highly unlikely that we have more of you running around Hell, the guardians don't change."

As they walked, it felt oddly natural. Even the souls desperately trying to find their own ways out didn't bother her. The height difference was a little funny, though. Excalith was a full foot taller than Julianna was, as well as their general body shapes. She had a very petite form, while he was broad and muscular. It probably wasn't exactly what people would have expected from them!

"Why Hell?" She asked finally. "Of all things to study, why Hell? It couldn't have just been Galith. And how is this your first time coming here, if you've studied it so extensively?"

almighyxcavus

Excalith let go of Julianna's hand. His expression was stricken with grief as he remembered all the reasons to Julianna's answer. It was something he had been trying to keep out of his mind for the longest time, because he knew it would rub him the wrong way. He stopped walking altogether and spoke:

"My mother was born into a sadistic family of demon crafters, after she had learned about her family's true intentions to bring malice to the world, she gathered her belongings and left... permanently. She met my father a couple years later or so, and they wound up having me. Although my mother relinquished her ties to her family, she still kept all her books. All of which covered the breeding grounds for demons: hell. She used them to help around the house, if they ever laid a hand on anything other than what she ordered, they were banished into a tortuous oblivion," Excalith started to choke up a little. Remembering the night of his parent's death was not something he took lightheartedly, "on the night of their death they were put through the most brutal forms of torture, for my mother that also included being raped, having an accelerated pregnancy, birthing said child, accelerating its growth and filling my mother and Senurai WITH FALSE MEMORIES AS THEY SLIT HER THROAT RIGHT ON FRONT OF HER, ALL THE WHILE SCREAMING 'PLEASE NOT MY BABY NO PLEASE!' My heart sank, she had forgotten about me entirely before her death. Before I summoned Galith I asked him with tears and screams 'I WANT MY MOMMY BACK PLEASE HOW DO I GET HER BACK?' he was first to call out saying 'I can help you get your parents back, you must recite this first and I'll take care of the rest I promise child' I chanted as fast as I could knowing the group was coming for me. Then Galith cut them all down within the night, but I had no one left but myself. I studied hell because I was promised my parents back, but I know that isn't going to happen."

The scythe attempted to nudge Excalith, but it was useless. Nothing Galith could say at this point would just magically get rid of Excalith's grief. "Lets keep moving."

Excalith walked past Julianna, hanging his head low.

Celegwen

Stop fucking walking away from me! She thought to herself. He was making a habit out of it, and she made up her mind to break that once they made it back.

Julianna jogged up to him, grabbing his arm. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened to you. If you recall, I watched it before we got here." She touched her moonstone, remembering when she watched his life unfold. "I know what you went through was traumatic, and I swear I'm not making light of it, but you need to put that out of your mind. I have my own demons to deal with, so it's not like I don't know. But this is definitely not the place to deal with it."

She meant it. She had a lot that he hadn't yet discovered, so it wasn't like he was alone. Hell was just full of things that fed on weakness of any kind. Julianna knew that if Excalith dwelled on the past, it would make him easy prey.

almighyxcavus

Excalith looked behind him, Julianna looked like she was genuinely concerned for him. He chuckled wiping away a tear from his cheek before turning around completely and hugging Julianna. "Thank you," he said with a crooked smile "but man are you gullible."

Excalith tripped Julianna just so that he could catch her into carrying her like a princess. "Hold on tight!" Excalith backed up on his calf before sprinting into a massive leap. Just as I thought, massive fat priest who disobeyed the church. Used to rape unsuspecting children all the time, bastard deserves to be deeper but thats none of my concern. Excalith jumped off the head of the guardian while digging his demon claw foot into it's eyes. The portal opened surprisingly, and the two were sent to the seventh level: violence.

Avoiding a pool of boiling blood, for once Excalith landed on both his feet with a smooth landing. "Attention all passengers of Half-demon airlines, we have now arrived at the seventh level of hell." Excalith said with a smile and almost bursting out with laughter.

Celegwen

"I would say 'go to hell', but I think that would be a bit pointless," Julianna said, pushing away from him. At first she found his embrace kind of sweet, but then he had to go and be a douche about it.

They moved carefully around the pool that literally made blood boil. It was a very thin pathway around the seemingly endless sea of bubbling red that was consuming every soul in sight. Forgot about this level, Julianna thought to herself, frowning slightly. These people don't really like me.

One of the souls sprang upwards, grabbing onto Julianna's satchel. If there was one thing she refused to lose there, it was her staff. She slammed her foot into the soul's face, making it disappear beneath the blood. She glanced at Excalith with a shrug. "Yeah, I'm not really popular on this level," she said with a smirk. "And what the hell did you mean I'm gullible?"

almighyxcavus

"You'll find out once we get out of this..." Excalith smirked, "hell hole." He drummed the air to mimic a ba dum tss sound. That was a horrible attempt at a pun. Still worth it. The light-hearted atmosphere between the two was quite ironic to their current location. How could these people just be joking around when they were quite literally on the third deepest level of hell? Let alone developing feelings fro each other. To everyone else the pair seemed to be absolutely insane, but to them it was just another level to get to know each other.

The atmosphere was broken soon after when one soul attempted to attack Julianna from the giant lake of boiling blood. A swift kick and the soul was sent back into the lake condemned to fight others for the rest of eternity.

Eternity... Excalith pondered the idea of death for a moment. Not in the sense of fear, but more so what actually happens. The loss of life and detachment from the physical plane seem like nothing in comparison to the emotional pain it has on the people still living in the physical world. What does it feel like to die? Even though he could clearly see that malicious souls were condemned to hell for eternity. What happens to someone more so what happens to their soul?

If anything Excalith threw the idea out of his mind. What was important was getting to Galith, kicking his ass, and then leaving. More souls attempted to jump onto Julianna, all were kicked back into the lake. Excalith shouted: "Stop trying to attack my g-... Julianna! You're only going to get the shit beaten out of you and thrown right back into the-" Excalith paused. He looked around and noticed they had been circling the lake the entire time.

Where's the guardian? Unless... oh come on! Excalith looked to Julianna and rubbed his eye. "There is no guardian on this level. We have to swim to the absolute bottom of the lake in order to get to the 8th level, and from I remember, the lake cancels out ALL magic of any kind. I think I may be the only one to go through since Galith's demon skin can protect me." Excalith turned away from Julianna and started to head towards to lake. He knelt down and put both of his hands in the blood. As expected, he needed to pull his non-demon hand immediately out of the blood.

I guess its just me from here on out. Great.

Celegwen

Scoffing at his horrible attempt at a pun, Julianna opted not to comment. Instead, she decided to observe him. He was deeper in thought than she would expect him to be given their situation. This was a level that she didn't frequent, but she but the souls knew her all too well.

She blushed slightly at the slip Excalith just avoided. His protective attitude towards her was sweet, but she was fully capable of taking care of herself. When he stopped in the middle of his sentence, Julianna knew that he had realized what she was dreading. The level itself was the guardian....

"Well, what you read isn't entirely accurate," Julianna said, lightly chewing her bottom lip. "There's a simple way to pass through though."

She reached up to the scythe's blade and sliced open the palm of her hand with a wince.

"It's simple, but not easy. Put your blood in the lake, and you'll be able to pass without a problem. You wanna pass through, you have to leave a piece of yourself in Hell." Julianna held her fist over the lake and squeezed, blood dripping into the sea of red. "Up to you."

almighyxcavus

Excalith was baffled at his own stupidity. So much so that he punched himself. "Wow, I'm an idiot... Whelp time to go for a swim!" Excalith ran his hand along the scythe blood dripping all over as he threw the droplets into the lake. He stepped in the lake, as expected she was right, the lake cooled thanks to the blood.

Excalith extended a hand out towards Julianna "Well? You gonna come in or what?"

Celegwen

She gingerly took his hand and stepped into the lake. "When we get back, I have to get a new job."

He looked away for a moment, giving her enough time to gain a bit of a backup plan. She waved her hand around the nearest soul, golden energy being absorbed into her moonstone. With her magic in the unpredictable state, she needed some kind of tie to steady magic, and no magic is as pure as that taken directly from a soul.

"And I'm kicking your ass for dragging me down here," she said, smirking at Excalith. "You know I can, too! Let's get going. I've only been to this next level once, so I don't know what's going to happen. Are you ready for this?"

almighyxcavus

Excalith chuckled: "You ask like as if I wasn't prepared for this at all!" Excalith yanked Julianna into the lake with him. Swimming as fast as he could to find the entrance. The lake seemed to go on forever, souls could be seen fighting nearby. Some tried to attack the duo but Excalith easily slapped them away.

THERE IT IS! Excalith saw it, the portal to the next level. The one to finally end this crazy life that he has brought himself into. He swam faster and faster until...

PLOP!

The two dropped down to the eight level, Excalith regained his balance before Julianna popped through. They had gotten separated at some point. Excalith easily caught her and placed her feet first on the ground, wiping some blood off her face. He smiled "How was your swim?"

Celegwen

"Fine," she said, wiping some of the blood from her arms. "That level's disgusting."

She was quite familiar with it, but the lack of magic was what sent chills up and down her spine. Despite being a talented fighter, Julianna wasn't fond of being powerless. Hence why she absorbed the soul. If things went bad, she would have some kind of power to work with.

Looking around at the area, she didn't sense any sign of the guardian. That was new...

"We need to just get through this. Lead the way."

Tags: