Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Constant Search of the Right Kind of Attention

Started by DragonSong, December 13, 2017, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

That wicked glint lit in her eyes again. She took a few steps back- then sprang forward and cannonballed into the water with a bright, happy chirping sound, swamping the sides of the pool with the waves her body made.

She surfaced, flipping her hair, and twisted to face Atiq, floating on her back with a lazy smirk.

DaGlobster

He knew her too well.

When she didn't immediately enter, he looked to her out of curiosity. He saw her retreat a few steps, and realization dawned on his features for a moment before he instinctually closed his eyes.

Warm water went splashing all over him when she impacted the water, and when things were still again, he opened his eyes to see her smirking at him. He gave her a wry smile of his own.

"Why're you always making such a mess, hm?" he teased, yet he lifted a hand to beckon her towards him.

DragonSong

"It's a talent." Her smirk widened and she floated toward him. She bumped her cheek against his outstretched hand and purred lightly. Eyes half closed and ears relaxed, she added with s softer smile, "I know you don't really mind. You'd do something about it if you did."

The warm water was making her sleepy again, with a yawn she curved herself around to settle against his side and tucked her head against his shoulder. "Catch me if I start to go under," she mumbled, another purr starting up in her throat.

DaGlobster

"My one weakness," Atiq said, smirking at her. He watched the steam curl gently upwards from the water, felt the slight shifting of Kitty against him. Her gentle breathing tickled his neck slightly, but not enough to save him from the darkness as he let his head rest back.

Before he had a chance to stop himself, he was dozing as well, although his arm remained around her as he fell still.

DragonSong

Kitty's lips curved up in a self-satisfied smirk as she dozed off, though unlike her human companion it was not a true sleep.

She was in and out of consciousness for a while, then finally decided she'd napped long enough. With an arch of her back and a little yawn she made to climb out of the bath, trying not to disturb Atiq too much.

DaGlobster

By the time she'd climbed out of the bath, Atiq had fully slipped into an alcohol-induced sleep. He snored gently, unaffected by her movements. By virtue of his positioning, he didn't sink into the water.

DragonSong

The panther rolled her eyes and knelt beside the edge of the bath, stroking her friend's hair back from his forehead. "Atiq." She poked his cheek. "Hey. Wake up. You're gonna drown," she teased, prodding his shoulder.

DaGlobster

He groaned, and shifted about. He opened his eyes blearily, and looked up at Kitty.

"I shouldn't have smoked. I was already drunk..." he said, shooting her a smile.

"How... how long was I out?"

DragonSong

"No more than an hour or two," the cat shifter assured with a quick smile. "Here's you'll be all wobbly from the hot water. Lemme help."

She held a hand out to him to help him up out of the bath.

DaGlobster

"Oh! That's not too bad, I suppose."

He was confident he didn't need the help, but he took her hands regardless, coming up a little wobbly. He was all hazy from the heat and lingering alcohol, and his grip went from her hand to her shoulder, rubbing his eyes.

He was definitely heatstroked.

"I think I'm going to go to bed," he said.

"Sleep it off. Could you help me make sure I actually get that far?"

DragonSong

Kitty chuckled softly and gripped his upper arms to brace him. Once she was fairly sure he was steady, she looped his arm around her shoulder to offer herself as a crutch.

"Course I can. Want me to just carry you and cut out the pretense?" she joked quietly.

DaGlobster

Atiq gave a curt laugh at that, but moved along with her all the same.

"I'm not that far gone, it's just..."

He trailed off as they ascended the stairs, utterly focused on making the trip. When they reached the top, he continued.

"Mixing makes me clumsy, is all. You've seen how I get."

DragonSong

"I have," the shifter laughed quietly, nudging him affectionately. "Don't worry, I won't let you do anything silly."

She guided him carefully back toward his rooms, adding playfully, "I don't know how you go on all those hunts without me, honestly. How ever do you manage?"

DaGlobster

He chuckled at that.

"Plan drunk. Hunt sober. That's my secret."

As they entered his chamber, he looked at his bed and smiled.

While his dining/trophy room had all of his most ostentatious trophies, his room contained many small things, like curios and trinkets, as well as much of the furniture having comfortable looking pelts.

The room was arranged like a den, with a personal workspace and lounging area present as well.

When he made it to his bed, he let himself flop down onto it.

"Perfection."

DragonSong

Kitty chuckled and tilted her head to the side. Honestly, sometimes Atiq was more catlike than she was, in some ways.

Shrugging to herself, she allowed her body to shift once again into feline form and jumped up onto the bed next to him, purring quietly as she turned in a tight circle and curled up, the tip of her tail twitching contentedly.

DaGlobster

(So, is there anything you had in mind for these two at home, or do you want to timeskip to the hunt/before? I'm alright with either one.)

The only activity Atiq performed after his flop was slipping out of his shirt when it got a bit hot for his tastes and stretching out more evenly. He wasn't jacked by any means, but he had the developed muscles of an outdoorsman, smoothed over by noble life.

DragonSong

[I'd be up for a time skip ^.^]

The panther didn't move much in her sleep— that attribute of the cat had always been one of her constant characteristics. Her paws and tail twitched as she ran their gah dreams, but for the most part she simply laid curled on her side of the bed, until finally she cracked an eye open and yawned.

DaGlobster

(Gotcha! It'll be soon, I just want to get a little more of a handle on their dynamics)

Atiq was still asleep when she came to, thoroughly knocked out. He'd had an arduous day before the hunt meeting, and despite his one-hour nap in the grove's baths he found himself rather comatose. He wasn't usually a heavy sleeper.

Usually.

Kitty's yawn caused him to stir a little, but then he rolled onto his side, settling once again.

DragonSong

A little surprised Atiq hadn't woken with her movement, Kitty rolled onto her side and blinked at him. Her tail twitched, ears perking forward and a playful purr rumbling in her chest-- a cat's smirk.

Carefully, she shifted around on the bed until she was less curled against Atiq than she was crouched beside him. Slowly, painfully slowly, she raised one paw, haunches shifting back and forth, eyes on his face. Steady...steady...now!

With a mock yowl, she brought her paw down lightly on his nose. An incredibly powerful strike that ended with an almost feather-light touch.

DaGlobster

Faintly hung over, Atiq groaned slightly, the yowl having stirred him. He didn't open his eyes, used to her morning antics.

"No..." he murmured, and he pulled the covers up over his face more, turning onto his back. He had a faint headache, and when he cracked his eyes open, he found the light unbearable.

"I'm still sleeping..."

Tags: