Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

By The Light Of Day (Yeti!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, August 24, 2018, 06:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"No-no-no!" Tsijiari said, eyes bright. "That's not what I meant-said!" With some effort he pushed himself upright, giving the beastwoman a determined look. "I want you to leave-come with me! If we work together, we can end-stop the Sun's tyranny for good!"

With this the child clenched his fist in the air, grinning. It would be so nice to have a friend- somebody he could really talk to about all of this...

Yeti

And that was the last straw.

Hearing the kid preach and prattle on about the prophecy combined with the growing migraine in her brain gave Gasira a sudden boost of energy. Just enough to steady herself lopsided on both arms, raise her head and spit a spark of green embers at Tsijiari. Ok, maybe not a full blast of fire at all, but she spat a couple glowing chunks on the ground and that was enough to present her opinion on all this.

"Enough!" Her voice reverberated throughout the small cave. It did not help the ringing in her temple and she winced, "I am not going with you ok? You hit me with a bunch of darts, stepped into my cave, and got your grubby hands all over my belongings. Do you really think I'd be wanting to go on a fool's quest with you too? Really?"

She grumbled, a plume of smoke curling from the corner of her lip. "Just leave. I want to sleep."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari flinched, jumping back as the embers landed where his feet had been. He could almost feel the flames licking at toes, threatening to burn him. He looked at the dragon in a panic...

And then, he closed his eyes. "It's like the wise-elder said after all, isn't it?" he thought, a hollow feeling spreading through his chest. "I really do need to do this lone-hearted..."

With immense effort, the boy pushed himself up. "Okay." he said, eyes watering. "Sorry for pest-bothering..." With that, the boy would limp towards the exit, climbing the vines as quickly as he injury would allow him.

He couldn't let her see him cry. Heroes never cried.

Yeti

She watched him, eyeing him the whole time, her face cold. She continued to observe as he climbed up the side of the wall carefully, recoiling slightly when she caught the sound of the quietest sniffle up above. He was probably expending a lot of energy just to make his way out after all the injury she'd caused him.

Which yeah, it'd been a sucky thing to do, causing that. Gasira swallowed, the guilt nestling in the pit of her stomach and making itself comfortable. He was a kid. Despite what he'd managed to do to her, she'd been cruel. Gone overboard sending him out so fast.

Human or not, it took a special kind of jerk to kick out a child.

Gasira leaned down, feeling like dirt. There was nothing she could do now. Tsijiari had left and she couldn't exactly catch up with him. It was another reminder that her nature just didn't allow room for good deeds or little kindnesses. Nobody would want to give something like this a chance.

Except someone had just tried and what had she done in response?

Gasira laid down, closed her eyes and sighed. Why had she batted his hand away? She could have gone with the plan and then dropped him at the village. It would have ensured his safety at least. But her temper had just risen up again and what for?

Her breaths steadied as she drifted off into a rest of troubled dreams. All this for a crystal... Foolish...

ooc: Thread end. Awesome writing with you!