Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Flew Over the Windmill [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dao just well.. did what Dao did. He laughed.

But his employer had other thoughts on the matter as he picked himself up from the table before stopping right beside the half dressed man. He then dropped a heavy coin pouch onto Dao's groin.

"I believe this is enough for your services rendered. I'll contact you when I'll need you again." And dismissively headed towards the back staircase. As amusing as this was.. Opus had work to do.

Dao.. on the other hand.. made it very clear that vampires were still affected by.. certain mortal elements, as he was keeled over, clutching his 'pouch'.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

Ayra tried reallly hard not to laugh at the poor vampire, shirtless, keeled over in pain. But she did grab an empty bottle and throw it at the back of the tall man's head as he left the room. She finally burst out laughing and knelt down beside the poor man. "Are-are you ok?" She tried to say while laughing. She was completely relaxed now, her guard gone. She looked over to the empty bar. "You still haven't got your dinner yet."

visualspice

The bottle toppled uselessly to the floor. Strange how that was. And Opus Dey disappeared into a room upstairs.

Dao sat there a moment, shaking... trembling.. before he too, tossed his head back in a laugh.  It seemed infectious. All this man did was laugh But then he paused with his head tossed back, and looked at her upside down, and allowed his fangs to show as he grinned broader.

"Is that an invitation to your room?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

Unconsciously, she blushed, laughing, looking down at the attractive man. "Lead the way."

visualspice

He sat up a little straighter, rolling back his wet sleeves and turning to regard her as he cocked his head, much like a dog. What was left of his shirt was drenched and useless, hanging off his arms. He was clumsily slipping it off.

Then he laughed leaning in closer to the woman.
"That's scandalous of you to presume I already know where the lady's room is..." he flirted, all smiles and all charms.

wandering_giraffe

She glanced around, they were all alone. Her heart felt like it was going a million miles an hour. Ayra leaned closer. "Was my presumption right?" She asked.

visualspice

His eyes danced devilishly and before she'd know it, she'd be scooped up into his arms. He began to carry her off towards the staircase.

"Did you already forget I'm a vampire?" he flirted, carrying her up those stairs with ease. Heightened senses were one thing he did enjoy as a vampire- if he had to enjoy anything at all. ANd he leaned in real close.. then sniffed her, not unlike that of a dog. He paused at the top of the staircase and paused.. realizing... then barked out a laugh.

"You.. don't have a room here, do you?" At least.. not one she had frequented recently- he sniffed again. He looked down at her and tutted.
"Guess I'll have to take you out in this hall."
She didn't have a chance to even consider if he was joking, because that's exactly what he did- pressing her up against the wall with a sudden, passionate force, as he took one o fher hand and pinned it beneath one of his own above her head.

He bared his teeth, fangs and all.

"You're not terribly shy.. are you?"

wandering_giraffe

Ayra's heart was racing, but not from fear. She breathlessly looked up at the vampire who had her pinned against the wall. His question resounded in her head: "You're not terribly shy are you?"
"Not with you," she smiled.

visualspice

And something seemed to happen. While Dao was all laughs and grins, something stirred.. a simple memory.. a spark of happinesss...

And at her words.. he actually seemed to smile.

Something radiant and untempered filled his eyes before he breathlessly smashed his body into hers as they met in a feral kiss against the wall. His hands pinned her's to the wall tightly above them, the other supporting her frame as he growled and felt his fangs elongate, kissing her ferociously and slipping in his tongue.

How long had he felt the hot zing of a kiss? A wild embrace?

But it wasn't just that. It was the way she said it that turned something on.

"Not with you."

Those three little words broke a damn inside him he stored so deeply within. The emotions rushed out in a fury. He was practically trying to make love to her through her clothes as finger nails and claws tried to rip them off while keeping her supported.

"Not with you."

Jada.. the love of his life used to tell him that when he'd kiss her and they'd lose themselves. Each one.. a moment of heaven. A forgotten piece of devoted time.

But that was how many years ago? And she'd refuse him, had refused him now.. yet he still begged and wished to be with her without restrain.

'You're an animal!"

He huffed, hands still wildly exploring this new woman, searching.. wanting to find that thing he'd lost..

Love.

'You're a monster. Stay away from me! Don't you dare touch me!'

Each of those memories was like a slap to the face, and he fought it down, between the heat and the need-

'Jada.. I'm sorry.. I'm...' a door clicked closed in that memory. And all he could think of was... I love you.

He jerked away suddenly, as if he had just been slapped. His face had just been plastered against her body, almost all of their clothing hanging off.

And then he moved away suddenly, as if startled, frightened and alarmed.

What.. why was he thinking of Jada now.

He turned on his heel, releasing a long heated breath as he raked a hand through a tangle of his dark hair.

"S.. sorry, love. It.. we're kinda being a bit inappropriate. "  the laugh came, the one he did after almost any sentence. But something felt.. hollow.. forced of it. 

He composed himself before finally turning towards the woman he had plastered against the wall.

"I.. could see if Opus wants a bang," he suggested, affording her an embarrassed and apologetic grin.

wandering_giraffe

She tried to get her composure together. It took a minute. She looked concernedly at the once shaken vampire. Ayra gestured towards the stairs. "I-I can leave you alone if you'd like." She quietly offered. She was trying to blink back tears. She slowly took a step backwards. Her mind was confused and concerned. "Opus...? Is that the man you were with?" She was slowly starting to put the pieces together. Ayra muttered, "one of the biggest crime lords there is." Damn it, she had left her weapons downstairs. And she was up in a hallway, alone, with an unstable vampire.

visualspice

He shrugged, trying not to notice her tears.
And the fact he accidently gave away his boss's identity. Whoops.

He scratched at the back of his head, shrugging, the bubbling laughter returning, although softer.

"He's pretty good with women if you're still all pent up. He hasn't taken a whore all week. Bet he could sate you pretty good." The smile returned, he fixing his soaked t-shirt that still clung against his damp form.

wandering_giraffe

Unbeknownst to Dao, hate was filling her body. Not because of the missed opportunity—but because of the mention of that name. He was quite notorious but normally managed to keep a low profile—until now. The money she could get if she managed to capture him, or gods above—kill him! She decided to play the part he was expecting...for now. She wiped away her tears, and a malicious smile began to show. "Then take me to him," she said.

visualspice

Dao grinned wider. It was so much easier to play it off when he didn't care.

"Guess you are an ornery one." His barking laugh came again.  "Then allowed me to serve you, my lady." He turned on heel to Opus' room and knocked.

When he announced who it was, Opus grunted but said, "Come in."

Dao nodded curtly at the door.
"He rarely turns down a good  snogging." Dao winked , moving away for her to enter.

Opus only lazily had an idea of what Dao might be up to, but he had work to be done- penning off instructions with his enchanted pen which.. when paired with its magical parchment, it would send to its recipient once dried, disappearing from this parchment to reappear on the other. He honestly didn't have time to entertain the vampire. Atleast the damn fool was loyal. 

The only payment for his indefinite services was to keep Jada Rein safe. That was too easy, but it did gain him a rare resource. Despite his oddities, Dao was blindly devout. As long as Opus kept up his part of the bargain. 

wandering_giraffe

That anger in Ayra had heated up to a boil. She was desperately trying to keep cool; and was trying to play it up to nervousness in meeting Opus face-to-face. By the time she had made it to Opus's room, she was seeing red. She couldn't believe that the two men she had been talking with—-one of whom was a feared crime boss—-were so casual about everything. Sure, Opus stood out, but she didn't suspect him to be a crime boss! When Dao opened the door for her, it took all her self-control to walk calmly into that room. Her original plan had been to try to take Opus hostage, but with the vampire there, it was just too stupid to try. So then Arya decided on something else. Something probably just as stupid. But just as they say love is blind, rage blinds common sense. Even though she had no weapon, she rushed at him, eyes blazing, a feral yell coming out of her, and thunderclouds forming in the sky outside.

visualspice

He didn't have time to entertain the vampire, he certainly had no patience for the girl. So he did what any good rich man with toys would do, he commanded a magical chain to go after her. 

Like a snake, the enchanted chains came to life, curling up from where they lay in a pile on the floor,  into the air and coiling up over and around the girl before cinching closed, binding her beneath its power. 

If the chains were successful, and often times they were, they would keep the woman bound and hold her, floating just above the ground.

wandering_giraffe

Ayra screamed in rage when she suddenly found herself unable to move, and suspended in the air. She pulled on the chains, but they wouldn't budge. She struggled with the chains for a good 5 minutes. Finally she just stopped, unmoving, but hate still burning in her eyes. Thunder boomed in the distance. "You can lock me in these chains," she seethed; "But I will never stop fighting until you're dead!" The other option was just to break her spirit. Not once did she look back at Dao, her anger for now, was directed at Opus.

visualspice

Before Dao could speak , the door was slammed shut, some trick or magic from the crime Lord as he rose from his chair, towering over the floating girl. 

Hard eyes bore into hers as he studied the hate in her eyes.

"Who did I kill?" He didn't ask, he commanded; eyes hard an unyielding. They were barely a foot apart.

wandering_giraffe

Arya began to laugh. The laugh was maniacal, unhinged even. "Who did I kill?" "As if the Opus had never killed anybody. She was beginning to pull at the chains again, her eyes crazed. "It's been two years since you had my ex boyfriend killed! Two Years! But you probably don't even remember his name! So what's the point in saying his name? What's the point?" She was straining with all her might, but the chains wouldn't budge. Lightning struck a tree outside.

visualspice

The sudden storm brewing outside the window wasn't lost on him. But the anger directed at him was. He was desensitized to her plight, killing too many to name- and even more so killed in his name.

He simply stared at her, almost disinterested before he turned away. He wasn't sorry for her loss, he was well past that lie. Killing.. it was just part of the business.  If you didn't want to kill or be killed.. it was pretty simple. Stay out.

Sure on occasion innocents might die.  But it was never personal. That was the problem. They always took it personal.

Likely her former lover got in too deep or was in the wrong crowd. That was life. He likely chose his fate. The girl.. however.. she chose to be stupid.

"I don't have time for this."
And the door opened again snd this time he commanded the chains to take her outside his door - the enchantment obeying and zipping her out of the room.

"Take back your refuse"

She would smash clean into Dao as the door closed- leaving the woman in chains.. and back in the arms of the vampire.

wandering_giraffe

Despite all of her fake bravado, Arya genuinely was terrified right now. It's almost as if the past few recent occurrences had been a fever dream, and reality was sinking in. She was in chains, in the arms of a vampire, who normally she's terrified of. And that terror is starting to become real now. The fight within her is rapidly dwindling, and is being replaced with unbridled terror. She breaks down into tears, and as she does, it begins to pour down rain outside.