Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Flew Over the Windmill [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dao looked towards the nearby window, muttering, "Weather is as temperamental as this girl."

But he had a weakness for crying girls and found himself sighing. She was still in chains... was Opus just gonna leave her this way?

"You know.. killing that man is a silly idea."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

Noticing he wasn't going to hurt her for the time being, she calmed down slightly. "I know that now." She scoffed. "But it didn't hurt to try." She sighed. "So what happens now you get me out of these chains and we both go our merry ways?" She desperately wanted to dry her eyes but she couldn't. "You know, someone needs to take down Opus." She had a strange glint in her eye, unreadable. She groaned. "Damn these chains are really tight. Could you at least loosen them?"

visualspice

He walked with her as they talked, before he approached a room down the way. She was now over his back like a sack of potatoes. The door clicked open.

"Can't loosen them. They're bound by magic. " he chuckled a little. "I personally know they suck."  Stepping into the room, he shifted back to holding her bridal style.

"Now I gotta figure out what to do with ya." And before she could protest, he dropped her onto the bed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

Arya grumbled and shot him a glare. "You mean there's no way to get these chains off?" She uncomfortably shifted around. "Well what am I supposed to do?! Surely there's got to be a way to convince Opus to take the chains off." She sat in silence for a few minutes, thinking. She sighed. "This is a long shot, but you could pretend you wanted to...you know" she got flustered and averted her glance. She hastily finished her sentence. "Not for real just to fool him into taking the chains off." Arya looked at the vampire, hopeful. "All I know is if you're going to kill me make it quick." But her bravado faltered at that.

visualspice

Dao cocked his head, staring. Then he tossed his head back and laughed and laughed. 

"I could ask the infamous Opus Dey to release the bonds of his wannabe killer.. or..  " he went on, snapping as he paced beside the bed. He paused, "or I could just sit here and watch you struggle. You know.. until the magics run out."

He turned to her and gave another ridiculous laugh.

wandering_giraffe

Ayra sighed. Then she remembered the silver and jade necklace she was wearing. She didn't know if it was magical, but it wouldn't hurt to try it! Her eyes sparkled with mischievousness. She used all her body weight to shift on her side. The necklace was touching the chains...nothing. She muttered to herself. She decided to try breaking through the chains one more time. This time, the chains started to loosen. Internally she was praying the vampire wasn't paying attention.

visualspice

He wasn't paying attention, the vampire wasn't paying attention in the least as he fussed over his fingernails- rambling about (and even laughing alittle at the audacity) that a vampire could get a hangnail.

wandering_giraffe

Arya smirked to herself. She strained with everything in her. the chains seemed to grow tighter, almost as if they were alive, then they broke. The enchantment was gone. While the vampire was studying his hangnail, she grabbed a broken chain. Emitting a guttural yell, she tackled the vampire, pressing the chain against his neck. The sudden exertion had her breathing hard. Through rage-filled eyes, she glared at him. She laughed, a full, care-free laugh. "Now how to get your boss..? This is going to be fun."

visualspice

Dao lay there, casually grinning. 
"Well, this is a kinky way to flirt. "

wandering_giraffe

Ayra only pressed the chain harder. "I'm not joking." Then an idea popped into her head. Suddenly, she bolted out the door. Leaving the vampire behind. She ran down the stairs, taking them two at a time. She had to find her double sword that was downstairs.

visualspice

Dao lay there a moment, blinking. 

"What .. did she just.."

Then he realized what she was up to.
So by the time she'd get to the end of the stairs, Dao was standing there, grinning.

"You know.. it's not fair to race against a vampire," he drawled.

wandering_giraffe

Her eyes widened, as if she was seeing a ghost. "W-what? How did...but you..." she trailed off, absolutely dumbfounded. She looked at the vampire, then at the stairs, then back at the vampire. She sighed. "Alright, you've won. But I broke out of the chains." She decided to just try kinda walk by the vampire, and down the stairs. She was terrified.

visualspice

He grinned, showing fangs.
"Do you did. " he eyed her. She was pretty flustered. Maybe he shouldn't have refused her against the wall...

But well.. maybe she shouldn't have refused Opus.

"What business do you have to want to kill Opus Dey?" He asked, genuinely interested, but in that casually eccentric way of.his.

wandering_giraffe

She stopped at that question and turned and looked at him. "Two years ago, He killed my former boyfriend, who had just proposed to me a month earlier." She took a deep breath, trying to hold it together. "We were going to travel, see the world. Settle down in a cabin in the mountains. Occasionally hunt a dragon, if word got out that said dragon was terrorizing villages." Tears were filling her eyes. She sighed. "He genuinely wanted to make the world a better place. I scoffed when he first told me that. How could one person change the whole world. I told him it was pointless. But he never gave up on me. It just really hurts that he's not here with me to take on Opus. Killing Opus would bring closure to my failure of a life. I would...finally be happy." She was full on sobbing now, and she didn't even understand why she had just told the vampire all of that.

visualspice

If he tried to be more perceptive, he could have guessed that- or even listened in to what she confessed to his boss. But he was, at times, a gentleman, though strange as he was. He figured privacy would be appreciated.

Death though.. that was nothing new for Opus. He knew Opus didn't kill wastefully.. yet, as he considered her story his smile slowly faded and he nodded , as if in condolences. He was leaning against the wall now, arms folded across his chest.

"So your boy made the wrong choice. Or was in the wrong place at the wrong time," he surmised, thoughtfully. 

He saw she was crying and frowned before walking over and kneeling beside her, offering over a silk kerchief. 

"Girls shouldn't be allowed to cry."

wandering_giraffe

She took the silk kerchief and wiped her eyes. "Thank you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you all that." She leaned against the wall. "So, what now?" She looked at him. She wiped her eyes again with the handkerchief. She slightly laughed, more in her eyes than anything. "They're serving dinner downstairs if you'd like. You haven't eaten all day? I haven't either, I'm starved."

visualspice

Dao shrugged at her apology. But then as she went on about food... he perked up.

He looked up at the ceiling, thoughtfully. 
"Let's see.. today I've only eaten seven- No-" He shook his head. "Seventeen rare steaks." He rubbed his chin contemplatively. "I suppose I could eat some more bloodied meat. " he flashed a fanged grin. "Better than the alternative." He winked.

wandering_giraffe

Arya smiled. She shyly took Dao's hand and pulled him downstairs. "I'll make it for you!" Her smile faltered a bit. "That is, if you trust me..." she pulled out a chair and gestured to it. "Sit. I'll be right back!" Then she ran outside, grabbing one of her daggers from the ground as she ran. Dao must have been confused and alittle concerned. Or he just laughed and lounged in the chair, shaking his head at the weird girl. Not 10 minutes later, she came back in, struggling with half of a skinned deer. She chucked it on the table, where it landed, and almost broke the table in half. "Hopefully that's enough, I...I have more if you need it." She was awkwardly cradling her right arm, half covering half squeezing it. "I...I may have cut myself. Not a huge cut! But if it bothers you, I can leave." She said, awkwardly standing rather far from the table. She shyly glanced at the vampire. "I...I might need a bandage though."

visualspice

Dao just grinned as she dragged him along. It was charming in its own way. She was moody, then excited- like a firework, or child. He couldn't say he fully understood her.  One second she hated and the next.. he nearly had her against the wall. 

It was.. interesting. And Dao liked interesting.

And apparently she was also surprising because the last thing he expected was a deer carcus on the table. He beamed, laughing, deeply..  thoroughly until.. the fresh blood of a human caught his nose and suddenly he reared back away from her like a hissing cat, stumbling from the table and cowering beside a wall.

She.. he felt his teeth grow and the feral hunger grip his body... she was bleeding.

wandering_giraffe

Her eyes widened when she saw him stumble. "Are you ok?" She asked, and stepped closer, passing the table. "Do I need to try to get your boss?" She really was foolish. She turned and took a small chunk of deer meat from the table. Arya seemed to forget about the cut on her arm, she was worried about the vampire. She walked over to the vampire and offered the meat. "Maybe this would help."