Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Flew Over the Windmill [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He tensed when she neared, baring fangs and wild eyes.

"Your.. your arm.. its.. bleeding.." he grunted through restraint. Which was annoying. He had had 17 rare steaks that day...

But the innate desire to drink that bleed wasting away from her arm.. bubbling out freshly from within her...

"You.  You need to.. take care of it.. before I eat you.."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

She realized what was going on. The blood from the cut on her arm was beginning to ooze out, which she did not notice until now. She hastily backed up, putting the table between her and the vampire. She quickly ripped a piece of her shirt and clumsily wrapped her arm. She winced as she wrapped it, it was a much deeper cut than she was expecting. "W-what can I do to help?" She asked. She was mentally running through options in her head. She shakily took a breath. "I don't even know the first thing about vampires. If you even think you could slightly control yourself, you could just feed off my arm...If that would help. Do I need to get Opus?" Arya didn't want the vampire near her while he was in this state, but she really did not want to have to face Opus again, but if she had to, she would. Arya had decided that it's not wise to even attempt to kill Opus right now.

visualspice

It looked like Dao might spring at her... or vomit.  He turned away... shaking..

"I.. gotta go.." he stumbled towards the door, every aspect of his being screeching to go after the blood. "S.. sorry.." he had made his way to the door, pausing as he gripped it, straining against his urges. 

"We'll have to take a rain check on that date."

He gave her a wink, despite his shaking restraint, the vanished in a flash outside the door.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

She concernedly watched him leave. Her double sword and other dagger were still laying where she had dropped them earlier. By now, the tavern was beginning to fill up; there were sounds of people laughing, some were arguing, and some just were quietly eating their food. She walked to the washroom down a hallway in the back of the tavern so she could clean up her wound. A wave of dizziness suddenly overcame her. Arya had to lean against the wall so she wouldn't fall over. She hadn't eaten anything; she hadn't drank anything...the chains. What kind of chains were those! She shook her head. She's overthinking it too much. She went back to the task at hand: cleaning her wound. As she unwrapped the wound, streaks of searing pain shot up her arm. She sucked in a breath. "Holy Shit that hurts! Dang that deerhorn did a number on my arm." Gingerly she tried to clean it as best as she could; washing all of the dried blood off her arm. Ripping off more of her shirt, she attempted to wrap it up as best as she could. Her wound had stopped bleeding by now. Leaving the washroom, she walked back through the hallway into the main part of the tavern. Another wave of dizziness came over her, more severe this time. She almost fell down; but managed to make it to a seat near the front of the tavern. She put her head in her hands. "What is happening," she muttered to herself. Even though the wound was clean and not bleeding anymore, her entire arm was throbbing. She looked around the tavern. She couldn't see the vampire anywhere. The dizziness was getting worse. The room felt like it was spinning all around her. Arya really was lost this time. She decided to take a risk. She stumbled outside. She was beginning to panic, and was trying to keep her cool. She looked around, trying to find the vampire. Then she saw him. Through the dizziness, she couldn't even tell what he was doing, but she was desperate. She almost fell over trying to make her way over to him. "Hey...dizziness...the chains...I don't know what's happening...I didn't know where to go...and that's as far as she got before she fell over.

visualspice

By the time the woman had found the vampire, he had more or less.. taken care of himself. He had been returning to the tavern, so.imagine his surprise when the girl practically threw herself into him, ranting like a loon.

Or rather , threw herself onto the floor. He blinked, confused and prodding her with a foot.

"What are you going on about now?" He said, keeping his distance for although her wound was covered, he could smell that she was still healing. 

wandering_giraffe

Arya tried to sit upright. The dizziness was coming and going in waves. "What kind of enchantment was on those chains?" She grimaced and rubbed her head. "By the way, I still don't know your name," she said, glancing up at the vampire. She got one knee and then paused for a second, letting the dizziness pass. Shakily, she got to her feet. She gestured toward the tavern. "I'm going to get the rest of my weapons I left in there"—-something on the wall caught her attention. It was a scroll, and it said: "Wanted: Arya. Reward is promised for information leading to arrest. Crime: Dragon Poaching."

visualspice

Dao cocked his head to one side, watching the girl struggle before he tossed his head back in a laugh. And laughed and laughed and then moved towards her to offer out his hand.

"Dao'bachpa Barrocisto," he said, bowing curiously before taking her hand and gently kissing the back of it. Then he raises his head in a fanged smile. "But you can just call me Dao."

Funny how he answered one question and not the other. And he was completely oblivious with his back to the well.

wandering_giraffe

Arya found herself unconsciously smiling at the charming vampire. She smiled, and did her own sweeping bow. "Nice to officially meet you." The smile was slowly spreading to her eyes. "Earlier you were saying how I should show you how to land bodies on the windmill blades. I could teach you a few pointers, if you still wanted me too of course." She glanced toward the tavern. "That is, if Opus doesn't need you for anything." She mischievously grinned. "Hell, maybe I could teach him too." She laughed and looked at Dao.

visualspice

Dao raised an eyebrow, amused. 
"Shame I don't got anymore bodies for tossing," he said, but shrugged it off and studied the young woman.

"You sure you're alright?" He eyed her up, half of her clothing was torn up. And it looked like she had been fighting a fever. 

wandering_giraffe

Arya couldn't believe it. He saw through her facade that easily? Damn. "I bet we could find some unsuspecting people somewhere." And she halfheartedly laughed. Arya shook her head. The dizziness was coming back. She didn't understand why the dizziness was  attacking in waves. She smiled, but it felt hollow. "I'm fine, really." Then she groaned and clutched her head.

visualspice

Dao only smiled.
"It seems the chains had multiple enchantments," he mused. "Second line of defense," he explained. "You know.. if a captive is clever enough to escape."

wandering_giraffe

Arya shot him a glare. "I'm not captive anymore. See? No chains."
She mumbled to herself. "Of course the chain would have multiple enchantments—-how could I be so stupid?" The dizziness was turning into a dull ache in her head. She was so tempted to just make a run for it and try to get home. Maybe this was all just a weird dream. She had completely forgotten about the wound on her arm. It had stopped bleeding, luckily. Or at least that's what she thought. It was hard to tell through the homemade bandage. She hoped it wasn't infected; that opened up a whole 'nother slew of problems. She realized she had been lost in thought. She turned her attention back to Dao. "Well, how do I get this cursed damn enchantment to go away?"

visualspice

Dao simply looked at her, eyes twinkling mischievously.

"You ask Opus Dey politely."

wandering_giraffe

Arya just blinked. It was almost as if her brain stopped working.
"Just ask him politely? Oh yes as if he'd say yes to the person that literally attempted to kill him." She shook her head. "Not on your life." Then a wave of dizziness hit her again, this time almost knocking her off her feet. She swayed alittle bit, then caught herself. Thinking about the options, she sighed. "Fine. I'll go ask him." She threw her hands in the air. "It will be totally fine!" Because of the dizziness, she leaned against a post connected to the tavern. Sheepishly, she looked at Dao. "You might have to take me up to him, because I don't remember where his room is. And I also don't want him to think I'm trying to kill him."

visualspice

At her antics, he simply grinned. 
"My boss kicked you out. He pays me well enough to know better than to bring you back. "
Eyes sparkling with mischief, he finally added some more insight. 

"Opus Dey spends very good money on his magical tricks. Those side affects, assuming it came from the chains, could take anywhere from a few hours to wear off.. to a couple of days. However, Opus wouldn't likely waste that sort of magic on someone like you, so you could always just sleep it off!" He suggested cheerily.

wandering_giraffe

Arya pondered her options. Dao had suggested "politely" asking Opus; and now he was suggesting just sleeping it off! A bed actually sounded really nice. She was tired, her arm was still hurting—well now the pain had intensified to a throbbing pain. Not to mention the annoying waves of dizziness.
"Yeah I'm just going to sleep it off." She decided to just go to her home, it was on the outskirts of town. And she could grab a change of clothes while she was at it. "Dao, could you help me get home, I don't think I could make it home by myself because of the dizziness.  She gestured down the main road. "It's down there, then you turn right onto the last street and it's on the end."

visualspice

Before she could protest, he scooped her up, bridal style.

"You know.. for someone whose enemies with my boss, you sure ask his lackey for a lot of help." He laughed but continued to carry her, moving down the street. 

wandering_giraffe

She couldn't even protest. She was half-expecting him to agree to escort her down the street, but wasn't expecting him to carry her!
"Hey, watch the arm, it still hurts!  And...thank you, for helping me."
(Well now that she thought about it, she's not that suprised.)
"Also I don't have a quarrel with you, so why should I make my life any more difficult?" She laughed. The pesky dizziness was still annoying her. She inwardly hoped that it was just a result of drinking way too much alcohol. Arya pointed out her house. It was small. Not falling apart but not a mansion either. She grumbled.
"I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford. The door is unlocked. Oh! And since your boss likes weird magical artifacts so much, maybe he'll like this one I found last week."

visualspice

He continued to carry her up to the door, indifferent to what sort of house it was. He'd seen better ... And had certainly seen worse. 

But he paused at her last statement and raised a brow.

"I thought you hated Opus. Now you want to show him your toys?" That made him smirk before he asked her, gesturing at the door. 

"Is it locked?"

wandering_giraffe

Arya shook her head.
"No it isn't locked."
"I do hate Opus. I don't know what most of these artifacts that I have do, but im sure some of them are cursed." She half-heartedly laughed.
"It was worth a shot. Anyways, once I get a little bit of rest, I was going to make dinner. I have no idea what vampires eat, if anything, besides raw meat, but I'm willing to make you something if you'd like.