Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered Reflections [M]

Started by MorningStar, January 01, 2024, 04:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningStar

Lowen's eyes fluttered open for a moment, his gaze searching frantically for any sign of Ipsen, but the space around him remained empty. With a heavy sigh, he allowed his head to slump back against the ground, a surge of pain shooting through his body with every movement. Exhaustion weighed heavily upon him, each labored breath a struggle as he grappled with the overwhelming sensations coursing through his battered form. Confusion clouded his thoughts as he tried to make sense of what had just transpired, his mind reeling with unanswered questions and growing frustration. Unable to muster the strength to rise, he lay there, feeling utterly defeated and helpless in the face of the unknown.

"Arya," he managed breathlessly. "Can you.. can you move your legs?"

Because he could not.

wandering_giraffe

Upon trying, she found that she could.
"Yeah...I just...hurt a lot...are you ok otherwise?" She cautiously touched his thigh.
"Can you feel that?"
Ooooh she was pissed at Ipsen...but why did he let him die only to do whatever the fuck he had just done?

She slowly got up, wincing in pain, and made her way over to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of water.
She half walked, half limped back to Lowen.
"Let me help you sit up," she said, setting the glasses of water down.
She gently dragged him over to the couch, and gently let him rest on that. It was, at least, softer than the ground.
She brought him a glass of water.
"You should drink this," she gently urged, holding it out to him.

MorningStar

As Lowen accepted the glass of water from Arya's outstretched hand, his fingers quivered with exhaustion. The cool liquid offered a momentary respite, but the relentless pounding in his head persisted, a constant reminder of the recent ordeal. "He's really gone," Lowen muttered, the words heavy with disbelief as he struggled to process the events that had transpired. "I can't feel him anymore."

Arya's presence beside him provided a sense of solace, her unwavering support a source of strength in the face of uncertainty. Turning to her, Lowen sought reassurance in her gaze. "What do you think he'll do?" he asked, his voice tinged with apprehension.

wandering_giraffe

"I-I honestly don't know...he wouldn't tell me much..."
She was worried.
"We have to stop him. Who knows what he will do!"
She thoughtfully looked at Lowen.
"We might have to go to the guild and see if they've heard anything."

MorningStar

Lowen's brow furrowed as Arya voiced her concern. "Should we?" he challenged softly, uncertainty lacing his tone. He shifted uncomfortably, his gaze drifting to the intricate carving etched into his palm. Ipsen's words echoed in his mind, a constant reminder of the bond they shared, whether he liked it or not.

"I've been stuck with Ipsen for a long time" he admitted reluctantly, his voice tinged with resignation. "Maybe this is our chance for a fresh start, but..." His words trailed off as doubt gnawed at him, uncertainty clouding his thoughts. He wasn't sure if he believed it himself, but the fear of the unknown glued his feet to the ground.

"We should be cautious," he finally said, his voice tinged with determination. "But we can't let him get away with whatever he's planning. Let's go to the guild and see if they've heard anything. Together, we'll figure this out."

wandering_giraffe

"Yes. But let's do it tomorrow. I'm in a lot of pain, and we're both tired. It's not like he's coming back," Arya scoffed. As she said that though, the mark Ipsen had carved into her hand throbbed with a sharp burning pain.
She turned towards Lowen. "I am so glad you're ok. When I saw the platform drop...I thought you died. I was ready to give up. I just," and her voice broke, tears threatening to spill.
"I'm so glad you're here."