Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

>`Ice`<

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2006, 02:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Drejan cleared his throat at the first question. "Dunno."
Yeah, right. Like hell he didn't know.
The ice sprite chuckled a bit as Nan the squirrel took a bit of a tumble off the ice encrusted counter. "Oops."

Those glacial eyes turned back to Aoko at her worried words. "Eh, nah, I'll be fine. I'm just gonna gamble all night. Oh, no. I usually just need to drink water every so often and I'm good. Really, don't worry about it Aoko. Just get some sleep." He really didn't want Aoko to worry about him. She already had an energetic little sister to worry about.
Eesh, maybe he was glad he couldn't remember if he had a sibling...
"So anything else you need before I head out for the night?"

Anonymous

"...Are you sure? Just..." Aoko sighed and then put her hands on her hips, looking hard at Drejan as if he was Kiho.

Kiho giggled, grinning at Drejan. Haha! It was nice not being the only one. After all, mostly she was the one who got into trouble. Not having any other siblings around, and here no friends, but now that Drejan was here, for however long, Aoko's worries would be split between them. Which gave Kiho a little more, if not much, more wiggle room.

"The only thing we need is for you to promise that if you get tired or anything you'll come to our room, okay?" Aoko was frowning slightly, but she was worried. The look on her face said that if he didn't agree she wouldn't let him go easily.

Kiho stuck her tongue out at Drejan, nodding and agreeing with her sister. Then Nan ran off and so did Kiho. But Aoko couldn't back down just yet, not until he agreed. Even her ears were perked, also trying to catch sounds of just what Kiho was doing. Which was running around after Nan. And occasionally asking questions to the man behind the counter. Poor guy.

Anonymous

Drejan arched an eyebrow as Aoko placed her hands on her hips in an intimidating, purely feminine show of stubborness. Uh-oh...looks like he might envolk the wrath of a woman. Never a pleasant experience.
He shot an amused, mock-serious look at Kiho as she stuck her tongue out at him, then turned his full attention back to Aoko. He stood at attention and gave her a salute. "Ma'am yes ma'am!" He grinned then and waved her off. "Don't worry, I will if I must."
He then turned Aoko around and pushed her gently in the lower back. "Alright, now, off to bed! You too, chickadee!" He caught Kiho as she ran by, holding her easily in one arm.
"By tomorrow, we'll be considerably richer, if my skills haven't gone rusty on me. Sleep well and all that."
He placed Kiho next to her sister and shooed them off upstairs.

Eesh, he felt like a mother hen all of a sudden...

Anonymous

Aoko couldn't help but smile as he stood at attention, saluting her even. He couldn't be serious, hm? As long as he promised, it was okay, she supposed. She dropped her arms and straightened, her ears relaxing as she looked around for Kiho. Then, suddenly, she was being turned around and he pushed her. She sighed but laughed.

Kiho blinked - her arm suddenly caught. She wasn't going anywhere, apparently. She looked up at Drejan and pouted slightly but didn't resist. She smiled and stood by her sister, turning around and waving at him, smiling brightly, like she still had all the energy in the world.

"Night!" Kiho said going upstairs.

Aoko also said good night, walking upstairs and finding their room. She walked in and immediately set to work. She pushed her sister off to the bath and sat down. When he sister came out she took her turn.

Kiho immediately curled up into the bed, Nan tucked close to her. When Aoko finally came out, having stripped herself only to her inner robe. She curled up beside Kiho, who subconsciously curled up against her sister, snugging into her.

"Sleep tight, Kiho..." Aoko yawned, kissing Kiho's forehead and falling asleep.

Anonymous

"Goodnight!" He responded, waving back to Kiho with a grin. What an interesting pair they were. Cute though. Guess he couldn't have picked a better couple of people to help, eh?
Drejan walked up to the shakey man behind the desk and placed his hands firmly on the cold counter. "You had better make sure nothing happens to them while I'm gone, got it?" His blue eyes were fierce, and the man nodded a bit too quickly, his eyes wide like a scared animal.

Turning, Drejan calmly strode out of the establishment. "Alright, see ya later!" And with a wave over his shoulder, he was gone out the door.
Time for some gambling!

(Its up to you just how much time you want to pass, kay? ^_^ )

Anonymous

Kiho woke up, knowing it was close to morning. It was out of habit, actually. They had to wake up, right before dawn, where they had come from. She just felt when it was about to turn. She scooted out of the bed and looked at their clothes. Regardless of only being seven (shush, I changed her age), she knew some things. She tend to cleaning some of their clothing. She even cleaned their boots.

Doning the rest of her clothing, she quietly crept out of the room, creeping down the stairs, Nan sleeping in her arms. She was afraid Aoko would suddenly wake up and chase her. Now, where could Drejan have gone? She crept into the lobby, peering at the man behind the counter. Good. He wasn't paying attention. He was reading something or other.

Counting to herself she darted out of the inn. She was on a quest!

On the other hand, Aoko was just waking up, stretching and yawning. She sat up and looked at the empty bed and space... What? She searched everything - even under the bed. Clothes were clean, shoes, even.... Smacking her forehead hard, moaning to herself and mumbling how much an idiot she was. Great! She had been so tired she hadn't even woken up or felt Kiho leave.

She bristled. How long could it have been? The sun was glaring at her. She quickly put on her clothing and hurried out, whimpering to herself. She got out of the inn and stood their, looking around. Where... just where did Kiho go?

Anonymous

Well.

Well...

That hadn't gone as planned.

Sure, Drejan now had alot of money jingling in his purse. That part had gone fairly well. But he had forgotten rule number one when gambling with people. Never let your guard down. Boy had that one bit him in the ass. Damn.
Drejan was propped up against the wall of one of the many buildings in the city. He was actually fairly close to the inn. But he couldn't muster the strength right now to even get up, let alone make it back.
Yes, not only did he bring back a purse full of coins from his gambling, he also had a dagger in his side.

Thank god he wasn't human anymore.

Where his blood pooled on the ground, there was ice surrounding it. The crimson liquid was actually freezing the earth on which it rested. He was wary of pulling the dagger out, for that would increase the bleeding. He needed to drink some water so he could heal...
What horrible luck.
Resting his head back, Drejan closed his ice blue eyes.
"Eh, what a night..."

Anonymous

Kiho had found him after awhile. She stood there and her eyes widened. She already felt the familiar burning in her eyes that alerted her to crying. She had to get Aoko because.. because she'd start balling any minute. She turned tail and ran, stumbling slightly as Nan stayed behind, perched on Drejan's shoe.

Kiho managed to find Aoko, rather frantic, who hugged her and was going on and on about -something-. Then Kiho tugged hard on her sleeve. She pulled Aoko along, crying. She wasn't good with blood or people or animals injured or dead. Nope, not at all.

Pulling Aoko along, she pointed at Drejan. And then she burst into tears.

Aoko knelt beside Drejan, looking at the dagger. "Drejan?" Aoko said, not sure what to do. But it was good to keep calm - everything other time it was okay for her to get frazzled, when someone was missing... But when you're hurt, it's different.

"Kiho, stop crying. He'll be fine," Aoko said, a mild irritation in her voice.

Anonymous

Drejan heard the pattering of feet, and opened his eyes in time to see a sniffling Kiho turning to leave. Uh-oh. That was bad timing. He had hoped she wouldn't have to see him sitting here bleeding like this. He didn't have time to yell after her, for she was already running off, leaving Nan to watch after him.
He sighed raggidly, and kept his eyes focused on the little squirrel.
"Well, hello there Nan."

Soon, Aoko was there with him, and he grinned mildly. "Hey there. I made some money." He slowly withdrew the purse from his bloodied tunic and placed it on the ground. It was quite plump with coins now.
He took a shakey breath.
"I think I need some water."

Anonymous

"..... Kiho, go get some water," Aoko said, closing her eyes. She almost wanted to smack him.

"B-," Kiho said but was interrupted, "What did I just tell you?" Aoko asked wearily, and Kiho turned and dashed off.

"Good job on getting the money, not such a good job on getting stabbed," Aoko said, raising an eyebrow and giving a half smile.

Nan twisted up and around Aoko, peering at Drejan in a somewhat mocking way. Her tail flicked, turning as she saw Kiho soon came tupping back with two large glasses of water. She blinked, still sniffing lightly. "I didn't know how much you needed... Or... or anything," she hiccuped.

Kiho offered the glasses to Drejan, looking at him through teary eyes.

Anonymous

Drejan laughed weakly, but that only increased the blood leaking from him. "Well, very true. Good thing I'm not human, hmm? Oh well, he was a cheating scoundrel anyway. He is now sporting a frozen arm, in any case."
His icey eyes turned to Kiho as she returned, and he flashed a weak grin at her. "Very good, thanks chicky."

He took both glasses rather stiffly and proceeded to chug down both of them, one after the other. Setting the glasses down, he then reached over and pulled the dagger from his side. There was a sickening slurp, and a small spurt of blood followed, which iced the ground on which it landed.
Within moments, however, the bleeding stopped, and the wound on his tan skin began closing.
"Ahhh. That's much better." He stood up and stretched a bit. It was as if he had never been stabbed to begin with. He bent over and picked up the purse, now laden with coins.
"Any one up for some shopping?" He grinned, totally unphased.

Anonymous

Kiho's ears perked, then she clamped her hands over them at the sickening slurp. Aoko had stood up, looking away. And then he stood up, grinning. Aoko, although she appreciated him smiling and acting like he was okay, which he was now, she still couldn't help... Well, it was okay now, she didn't have to feel stressed her anything.

"... You know what?" She said and smacked his wrapped arm, although it wasn't hard, it was a good way to vent, she thought. "Be more careful. You're as bad as Kiho," Aoko told him, shaking her head.

"Shopping?" Kiho sniffed, rubbing her eyes furiously and curling against Aoko's side as Nan raced onto Kiho's head.

"...Let's go shopping," Kiho nodded her head so furiously her ears flapped up and down.

She tugged at Aoko's sleeve and Aoko laughed. Kiho peered up at Drejan, grabbing Aoko's arm and holding onto it. "How come your clothing and stuff don't freeze?" Kiho said, hanging onto Aoko's arm playfully.

Anonymous

Drejan held his arm in mock pain after Aoko smacked it, but couldn't hide his smirk. "Alright, yes mother." He teased, before raising his hands as if fearing the consequences. "But really, I will. Thanks again little Kiho." He gently ruffled the child's hair, able to tell that she was rather bothered by all that had gone on.
He really regreted her having to see him like that.
He really would be more careful next time.

"Alright then. Lets go get you some new clothes then, eh?" He blinked down at Kiho as she asked her question. Ah, most people didn't think of that one.
Drejan grinned.
"It's enchanted with special runes so it won't freeze." It was true. If one were to look at the inside of his wrappings or clothing, they would find many runes written in blue ink. That was the secret behind his clothing not freezing.
He turned and slowly started to walk off in the direction of the clothing store and tailor that he had earlier scoped out. "C'mon. I've got plenty of money now, so you guys can get some new clothing for your travels and all that." He then looked down at his own tattered tunic. Normally it was such a pain in the ass to put new runes on clothing, he just used the same ones, but these were getting a little threadbare.
"And maybe I'll get some too..."

Anonymous

After Drejan teased her, calling her 'mother', she stuck out her tongue, if only to disprove his joke. Aoko smiled though. Aoko doubted he wouldn't be more careful. At least she deeply hoped so, because she didn't want Kiho happening upon such a scene again. Kiho was sensitive enough.

Kiho smiled up at him after he ruffled her hair, then cuddling against her sister who wrapped her arm around her. Kiho sighed, tail wagging lightly. She was both happy and intrigued that it only took water to heal such a wound.

"Really?" Kiho asked excitedly. "Me see, me see!" She said, pulling away from Aoko and peering up with increasing curiousity.

Aoko smiled at Kiho. She had always been interested in magic, spells, and anything like that. It made her happy. Then again, it rarely took alot for Kiho to be happy. Which was why she was returning to normal so quickly.

Both of them followed him, Kiho moving up beside him while Aoko lagged behind. She took a few strides and caught up, clapsing her hands in front of her. New clothes? She was so used to the kind she wore. She was sure Kiho wouldn't mind - she'd love something different from the clothing back home.

Anonymous

Drejan once again opened the door in a gentlemanly fashion, and then followed the two of them into the stop. The store was lined with all sorts of different clothing items, as well as rolls of cloth for custom made clothing.
The ice sprite had not forgotten Kiho's request, either.
Without hesitation, he stripped his tunic top off and turned it inside out for Kiho's viewing. This left his entire upper torso bare, as it was not wrapped, again reinforcing the fact his skin was naturally that pale chocolate brown all over.
That, and he had some nice muscles going.

Kneeling, he pointed the runes out to Kiho. "See? This stuff written in the dark blue ink. Those are the runes that protect my clothing from being frozen." Interestingly enough, without the tunic on, Drejan's body actually caused the air around him to drop considerably in temperature. Kiho would definately notice it, being so close to him and all. "Anyway, these things make it a pain to get new clothing, because I have to write them all over again. That's why what I'm wearing is so raggid."

Anonymous

Kiho wasn't bothered by his bare chest - but Aoko was. She blushed and turned tail - which had stiffened - and covered her face with her hands. Kiho leaned close, touching the clothes, studying the runes. She was grinning estatically, but then tilted her head up at him. She frowned.

"I don't understand at all, though," Kiho was exceedingly bright for a child her age, regardless of her one-track mind.

"I can feel how cold you are from here.... But... If you're so cold, touching another person would freeze them..." She said, blinking. "How could your parents have been together?" She knew all about the "birds and the bees". "Unless because of what you are..." She said, but glanced at her sister, blinking her confusion.

"Kiho..." Aoko said nervously - but Kiho had a striving for knowledge. And Kiho was naturally curious.

Aoko would rather leave well-enough alone. If it wasn't her business, what right did she have to know? That was her logic. But Kiho viewed the world as her playground, and she saw that anything worth asking a question was worth an answer. She loved knowing things. Aoko only wondered where she stored all the information she gained. Actually, with all the information she gained, Aoko wondered if Kiho wasn't already grown up. If Kiho was just hiding it behind a childish facade.

Anonymous

Drejan arched his eyebrows, blinking a few times in surprise. He then grinned and laughed lightly. "You're a very bright kid. That would be the case, only my parents were normal humans. I used to be human, then I died young, and was reborn as I am now. Well, more or less."
He calmly took his tunic back and stood. He was still a bit sensitive about explaining the mistake that now caused him to be unable to touch anyone or anything.

"Alrighty then, lets get some clothes. Go on, start picking stuff out you two." He shooed em off, and then wandered up to the front desk, tunic still in hand. He was wondering if he couldn't just have them replicate the runes for him...
That might actually be a bad idea though. What if they messed it up? That would royally suck.
Oh well, he still needed clothing.

Anonymous

Kiho nodded. Papa always said she was too smart for her own good. Actually, so did the head maid. Which is why she was often scolded and kept close to her sister. She could always tell when her sister was more serious then usual. The repriands - usually for mannerisms - changed. She wasn't reminding her, then. There was something else in them, nervousness, further strictness, or a weariness. Or signs from her ears or tails that meant that she should listen. Otherwise, her sister was just reminding her for the thousandth time.

The more or less hinted that he wasn't telling the full story. She nodded slowly, offering an 'mmm'. Okay. She guessed she could understand that. Well, this world -was- different then Gaieartet. When they first arrived there were increasingly strange things around. Such as some of the plants. And wildlife.

"This world is really weird. I miss Gaieartet," Kiho said, blinking as Nan tried the taste of a nearby shirt.

Kiho picked up Nan, tapping the squirrel in the nose before allowing herself to be shooed off. She was immediately drawn to the breeches, picking them up and examining them curiously. She chose a looser pair of pants and then managed to find a tunic.

Aoko, on the other hand, only smiled at her sister's comment, before wandering off and sighing. The clothes were a bit weird. Well, not weird. In Gaieartet they had similiar clothes, it's just she didn't like these clothes. Aoko looked at the pants some and sighed heavily.

"...What about tails?" Kiho squeaked, peering at her sister, suddenly beside her.

"We could have then make an alteration. And I'm going to wear my sash, still," Aoko said dryly.

What about the rest of the clothes?

"Are those the clothes you want? Try them on," Aoko asked, and Kiho nodded, trotting behind a curtain. She soon came back and nodded, handing them to Aoko.

Aoko searched for clothing, lip twitching. It'd be easier to travel in pants, as well. With a soft groan she picked out some pants, similiar to her sister's, and then a tunic. She then went and tried them on before going to the front desk.

"U-uhm, could you make some alterations to the pants..? Because of our..." Aoko flicked up her tail and the person nodded, taking the pants. Aoko was relieved - she was already blushing from asking that question.

Anonymous

Drejan noticed their discomfort from the corner of the room. Hmm, homesick, eh? He couldn't remember his home, so wasn't subject to the same feelings. He did sometimes ponder it though. Just where had he lived as a human...?
The ice sprite had picked out another tunic and pants combination. They were both a rich, dark blue. While the girls had been picking out their clothing, the alterations on his had already been done. The legs were shortened to just below the knee, and the sleeves taken from the top.

At the moment, he was sitting calmly in a chair, with a bottle of ink and a pen that the manager had let him use. He was rewriting the runes onto the inside of his new clothing. It was a tedious process, but he seemed to have done it many times before, and so it went fairly quickly. He mumbled things under his breath every so often, just choice magickal words, nothing fancy.
He chuckled at Aoko's shy request. Hmm, he never thought about needing room for their tails. He wondered if that was a common problem back home. Or maybe everyone had tails so the clothing came pre-cut.
Maybe he'd ask a bit later. For now, he needed to concentrate.

Anonymous

Kiho was investigating everything the shop possibly kept in store. Even sneaking into the back to look at all the bolts and lengths of cloth. She peered out a window and touched everything she could with the tips of her fingers. Kiho was loving every second - although it was a reminder, a very large one, where they came from. But still, an adventure was an adventure!

"Nan?" Kiho said, turning slowly around the room, looking for her squirrelly companion.

Suddenly, there was a shriek. And Nan came running back at teh speed of light, jumping and clinging to Kiho's dress and scrambling all the way up to her shoulder. Kiho blinked and looked up. Not far away was a haughty woman coming closer and closer and closer.

"What the hell is that thing? Do you know you're not supposed to have those things in here?! LOOK WHAT IT DID TO MY NEW PURSE?" And the woman kept getting closer and closer.

"What? Don't you speak? Cat got your tongue? I'll make you say something you little---" The woman said, having noticed Kiho's ears and tail.

"Don't you dare touch her, ma'am," Aoko said lowly, standing beside her sister.

Aoko had immediately come to her sister's rescue, standing in front of Kiho, her tail stiff and her ears perked up. Who did this woman think she was? Just because Kiho's squirrel was a bit crazy and little to nibble and try out new 'products' didn't mean she had to get so... huffu about it all.

"Look! It's ruined!" The woman showed Aoko the bitemarks.

"It adds character," Aoko said flatly. "It's an ugly. Smells like you dumped perfume on it, too. I can smell it from here. Please excuse us. Thank you very much," Aoko bowed rigidly, and more out of the woman being stunned did she drag Kiho away.

Aoko grabbed Nan by the ruff of it's neck. "Nan, if you don't be good here and now, you'll regret it for your entire life, got me?" Aoko snapped, and Nan wriggled to get away from 'scary' Aoko and dashed back to the care of Kiho.

Then the woman came back and Aoko took the pants, examining the slots for their tails. She smiled at the woman. "Thank you very much!" She took it and handed Kiho her dark green clothing.

"Aoko... You should tend to your wrist," Kiho murmured as she shuffled into one of the back rooms.

Glancing at her wrist she winced sharply - where the thick shackle-like bangle was, there was a red mark and trickles of blood from under it. She whimpered but waited for Kiho who came running out.

"Help me! My taill!" Kiho whimpered, turning her back to Aoko who laughed and pulled the rest of her tail through the slot.

"Here... where your sash." Aoko said, managing to tie the sash around her, regardless that her wrist had affected her hand which was trembling.

Aoko then went into one of the rooms to change and Kiho scuttled around and found Drejan. She wondered if he was finished with his runes yet.