Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gett'n drugged up on pixie dust! (Nae, and any. Mostly Nae)

Started by Anonymous, August 26, 2006, 12:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He breathed in. He could smell the must enaminating from the dirt floor as he took another sip of his cheep wine. He had come to this bar hoping to find someone to take home with him tonight, but so far, at one in the morning, not a single maiden had come in. It wasn't that he was a player, but it seemed that everynight he was looking for someone to talk to. I guess you could say he was a lonely man, but fact was he was pretty content on the way his life was running. He asked the bothered bartender if he could bring him another meat pie. The bar tender nodded, stared at him with an odd look for a couple of minutes, and then walked off, a look of unsure upon his face. He probably didn't trust to many people in his bar after one o clock just sitting around doing nothing.

As the bartender left he finished up the last of his red cheep wine with one gulp. He sighed in relief and tieredness. Oh hell! Even if a man came in at least he would have someone to talk too! He was so bored out of his mind he almost got up and left. No, no, he should wait a little longer. You never knew who came in.

He ran his pale fingers through his black wavy hair with a long sigh. He smoothed down his black overcoat and made sure that his jeans wouldn't touch the nasty floor. His eyes, odd as ever, green and red flickered to and fro between the small empty bar. The bartender suddenly came back through a door and handed him his meat pie, making it slide down the counter and stop right in front of Uriah. Uriah. What kind of name was that? He hadn't known his parents very much. The only thing he could remember was the day his mother was crying over a picture he had drawn. "Oh, why can't you stay like this forever!" she exclaimed taking the picture from him. AFter that, it was all just a blur of fights, screams, and yelling, and lots and lots of pain.

The bartender came up and filled his wine glas one more time. "We're going to be closing up soon, so after you finish these you should hit the road..." his stone was not that of angry but somewhat stern, like when you told a child no. He only nodded, as the bartender once again left, he dug somewhat into his meatpie, took a drink, and then pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. Just wait a little longer.....

Anonymous

Rose had quite a few hours before she had to go on the ship. It was leaving around sunrise so she didn't see the point in going to sleep anyway. WIth that thought she walked down the street until a small tavern caught her eye, and with a shrug she walked in. Even if there was no one in the bar she could always acupy herself with the bar tender. She knew she was slightly evil. It was just a talent of her's.

When she walked in to see the bar tender handing a man a meat pie. Admittedly the guy was decently handsome, but she just wasn't the kind of girl to give herself up like that. Or in other words she figured it would be fun to fuck with the guys brain a bit. With that she walked over to the opposite side of the bar her pale skin accenting how dark her short black hair was. It had marroon streaks in it, and only went down to her ears. The only maintnence her hair needed was to be pushed in the opposite direction than it would usually lie giving it a semi-spiked look.

Once she sat at the bar she leaned over it to ask the bar tender for a drink causing her low v-neck black shirt to nearly let her boobs fall onto the counter top though of course no such thing would happen. Neither of the two guys in there would be that lucky tonight. She smirked at this thought sitting back down fully and seeming to fix her knee length skirt which was both ripped and patched as well as being the same marroon color as her hair. Those were her two favorite colors, black and marroon. Her dark makeup also added to her appearence making her look extra ordinarily pretty. She usually didn't bother considering..., but seeing as she wanted to go out and not draw suspition tonight she thought it would be a better idea to add the make-up and aviod the questions.

Her thoughts were soon broken by the bartender giving her a mug of ale looking at her skeptically which just made her smirk as she easily downed the whole glass. The bartender gaped at her but also went to fetch her another when she asked him to. Which was litterally seconds from when she downed the first one. It hadn't been the best ale she's ever tasted, but Rose loved to party, and therefore loved to drink. Over all she just has never and never will be a normal girl.

Anonymous

He was sitting there, thinking about his soon to be maiden voyage on the yaht he and few other people would be taking, when suddenly a young woman efinally entered the bar, chugging down ale in the process. He stared at her with his green-red eyes. His pale pink lips curved into a slight arch as she ordered the bartender to bring another ale. He knew, he knew, that if he waited long enough he would find at least somebody to talk to. And a cute girl at that! Just shows ya that if you stay up long enough......well....you'll get the girl!

His eyes, the colors starting to swirl within them, started to see deep within her mind. Almost, just like, looking through a pohto album. He picked out severl dreams of hers. Her lifes goals. Her personality. From what he could see she was a pretty fiesty one, and at thsi thought his smile only broadened. Maybe she would soften up to him? Every maiden did for he was, well, he didn't want to say perfect, but he knew that he was nice looking, or so he was told by every woman in the town.

He got up from his seat on the wooden stood, streched, smoothed down his over coat, and the exhaled a sigh. He walked up to the bartender and handed him so me money. "Theres more where that came from if you can start up some slow music..." The bartender started to protest, but then seeing the large sum of money, quickly smiled and somewhat quickened his pace to the dusty piano that sat int he cornor. Uriah had to admit, he wasn't good, but at least it was something.

He walked over to Rose, alreay finding out her name when he was searching through her mind. "Hello Rose, would you like to dance?" that would totally get her going.Him knowing her name already before hse even announced it.

OOC: MUSE DIED AND WAS BURIED AT 12:52 P.M. REST IN PEACE!

Anonymous

She almost starting laughing out loud when she noticed the man pay the bartender to play a slow song before walking over and offereing her a dance. She simply smirked and cocked an eyebrow at him before saying sarcastically, "You think that just because you can randomly pick my name out of a hat that I'd be intrigued and dance with you right? Well... your wrong."

Once that was said she looked him over, he was desently handsome, but then again he was also full of himself. He knew he was handsome, and he knew that she would swoon over him between that and his kind words. Most girls would anyway, but unfortunatly for him he ran into the one girl within a five village radius that would be absolutely cruel to him.

WIth that thought her smirk grew as she asked, "What made you pick Rose anyway?" Not only did she say this to him, but she had decided to mess with his head a bit by moving herself towards him so that when the words came out of her mouth he should be able feel her warm breath against his skin. There faces were less than half a foot apart. Her long eyelashes batting at him. Ow how she loved confusing the poor guy!

(I would just like to say a few words about Catherine's Muse. It was a good muse. Faithful and honest, always ready to work for her. But it just couldn't take the constant abuse of Catherine's addictive writting. Rest in Peace Catherine's muse, and have the break that you always deserved. *bows head respectfully.)

Anonymous

He could easily pick out her tatics and new that she was only trying to confuse him. Her cocky mouth would say one ting but her preciouse body would do something totally opposit. When she moved forward, batting her eyelashes, he only smiled and took a step back. He wouldn't be fooled with. "Because your as beautiful as a rose, and I figured I would pick you from the garden..." His face was with total sincerity. He wasn't just trying to pick her up, he really really meant what he said. She seemed like a really cool girl that he would love to be with. He looked at his gold watch upon his wrist, seeing that it was almost two. He would have to be leaving soon for that voyage. He shrugged his shoulders once more, seeing that she wasn't interested. He turned around and sat back down on his bar stool.  Pitiful. Was he really going to give up that easily? Just let this beautiful maiden go? Well.. if she really didn't want him then he would have to, but he really, at least, wanted to talk with her. I mean he had been here for about three hours with no one to talk to but the fricken bartender! That was definietly a dull conversation. But this woman didn't seem dull, on the contrary she seemed full of life and witty. Maybe just one more try wouldn't hurt...Should he? I mean.. she loked like she wasn't just a mere human, but then again looks could be decieving.

He turned toward her, his red green eyes staring into hers." Well I can see your not the elegant kind with champaine and music and dancing.. how about another glass of ale?" he asked, motioning the bartender over for something more to drink. The bartender, still smiling from his extra pay, came over from the piano he had been playing and quickly set up two glasses, filling them to the brim with some ale. He hadned both to Uriah and Uriah stood up and gave the other to Rose. "Here, it's not even a if-you-buy-me-a-drink-I'll-come-home-with-you-drink, its just a drink. A friend to a friend.."He raised his glass in a somewhat kind of a toast and then drank half of it. He was starting to get a buzz of of it and figured he should stop. What was worse? Being drunk on a rolling ship that he could fall of and plung to the bottom of the sea, or having a hangover and not even getting up tomorrow, wasting the day away on that beautiful yaht. He finished up the glass and breathed a sigh, feeling the taste seep into his tongue and make it tingel. Yeah... he probably would never see this girl again.. and he had to admit, by digging into some of her thoughts, she was some kind of person. Maybe one that you didn't want to meet.

He turned and smiled at her, flashing his white pearly teeth. Oh what a two face he was. He couldn't believe he just done that! Oh well, by tomoorrow he would totally forget about it. It wouldn't even linger on his own mind. He closed his greenish red eyes and somewhat bowed his head to her. He then stood up, swayed a moment....damn.. maybe he did have to much to drink... and then started making his way out the door. When he reached the doorway he suddenly stopped and looked over towards the girl again. He somehow had this burning desire to just stay with her.. but in all in all she didn't want him to stay.. He frowned at this thought and turned around, once again smoothing down his over coat. He would have to get a new one.. it always seemed to be riding up on him and always wrinkiling, but it kept him pretty warm on chilly nights and somehow he just couldn't see himself part with it. He was just about to walk out the door when the piano, still dusty and full of grime, caught his eye. He eyed the ivorys for a moment and then smiled. Maybe just one go wouldn't hurt. He knew how to play beautiful songs for he had taken lessons for quite some time by his diseased mother.

He pulled back his sleeves as he quickly made his way over to the seat and sat down, pulling it out with a screeching of wood upon rough dirt floor. He heard the seat protest under the limit of his weight but paid no exact attention to it. He hit a couple keys, seeing that the piano was slighty out of tune but a piano all the same. He began to play, feeling his fingers grace themsevles over each white and black ivory. His song was deep and morbid, but he was never that kind of person who played hceery music. It wasn't like he was a depressed person, but this kind of music always suited him, made him feel more one on one with the piano. IT was an odd sort of experience that only, maybe, he understood. He pushed the petal now, feeling his foot push down and making the song sounded more melancholy and morbid. Feeling the notes rise into the air and glide upon the atmosphere of the room. He was becoming lost in his music. He had done that many times before....getting lost in his own world of morbid and despair. He continue playing, starting to slow down, slowly ending the song. He inhaled, some dust particles catching themselves in his nose. He suddenly stopped playing and then sneezzed.

WHAM!

The stool had broken under his weight and collapsed right from under him. He landed hard on his butt. Boy did that hurt! God Damnit! And he was just getting into it!

Ooc: My muse has reincarnated...LOL.. Your post better be long Nae nae! LOL

Anonymous

Hearing his reply Rose smirked that was such a cheesy pick up line. She knew that he was being partially honest, but it was still cheesy and should not be used at all costs. How did he know her name anyway? Was he something other than the normal human he seemed to be? She wouldn't be that surprised if he was, there was just something odd about him and the way he played his game of cat and mouse. Even so she decided to ignore it for now saying, "Don't forget that all Roses have thorns." This seemed to discourage him seeing as he sat back down at his stool. Aw... she thought that he would have tried longer than that. But what can you do about it?

He seemed to have decided to go back on his idea to give up while offering her an ale, which she took skeptically saying, "I wouldn't consider us friends but I can't refuse free ale." With that she tilted her mug to him before chugging it all down. She was still looking at him as he checked his watch reminding her of how late it must be and how early that cruse was tomarrow. Sunrise is not a good time to make people get up! She usually wasn't even sleeping yet at sunrise, which is exactly why she had decided to stay at the bar rather than go to sleep and definatly miss the boat.

That's when her thoughts were broken by some beautiful, although admittedly morbid music. She enjoyed music better that way, not that she was a very morbid person, sarcastic, and sometimes devilishly evil, but not usually morbid. It was just that the music seemed to hold more meaning, that's also why she loved the blues, it just seemed like the music played threw there souls rather than instruments. As if they really felt what they were playing rather than just throwing a tune together. After listening for a second and deciding that he was a decent, okay a little more than decent, piano player she stood and moved towards the center of the bar towards the small dance floor near the piano throwing herself into a type of slow contemporary dance that matched the music in both it's beauty, and it's morbid feel. She had always been a good dancer, but for some reason she could never herself make the georgeous music come threw an instrument to show it to the world. She was a pretty good singer, but all in all her dancing was fonamanal.

She only stopped when the music ended, she was about to compliment him when he suddenly sneezed and the stool broke from under him causing her to laugh uncontrolably although still offering a hand to help him up. Once she finally stopped laughing and caught her breathe she said, "Nice playing, but next time try for a less painful finale." She smiled and giggled a little after saying this before sitting on the piano top glancing at the bartender as she did. He seemed to have no problem with it so she left it as it was saying in an almost dreamy voice, her eye's dazed as she stared out at nothing lost in thought, "I wish I could play like that. I wish I could make the music come alive to touch the souls of others. You are truely gifted, all musicians are." With that she looked at him sternly for a moment waiting to see what he'd say partially nervous that he'd take advantage of her opening up slightly to let some wisdom come out of her mouth. It wasn't like she wasn't smart. It was just that she usually covered her wisdom with witty sarcasm. Couldn't you tell?

Anonymous

As he was playing he hadn't really noticed that Rose had gotten up and began to dance. It was only when she started laughing that he looked over and saw where she was standing. After the pain had subsided he couldn't help but smile, and then hearing her laughing, he laughed out loud as well. Uriah had to admit, from her point of view it was rather funny. She said that she hadn't considered them friends and he was just find with that. Let her think what she wanted to think. He had no right to control her, especially if they weren't friends. "Yeah, I'll tottally have to change that ending... but don't you think a morbid song should end with a painfule ending?" he laughed, starting to get up and brush off the dirt from the floor that had so much gathered on the fabric of his jeans. She siad that she wished she could play like that and make music come alivce. She told him that he was turelly gifted. He smiled at this and then looked over at the piano. "I could teach you if you want.... all you need to know are three basic things...or maybe four... I can't remember.." For learning to play piano all you needed to know was how to place you're fingers, how to tell which key was what. And the five lines of the treble cleft, the four lines of the treble cleft. The five lines of the base cleft, and the four lines of the base cleft. That was basically all you needed to know.. and with enough practice it wouldn't be hard to learn a morbid song.

"We'll I'm glad to have met you, my names Uriah and.. , he checked his watch again, seeing... WOW! Was it already five thirty? His ship was going to leave at exactly six thirty. Good thing he had schedulaed for them to take his luggage early. He had asked the captain of the ship if they would take his luggage early because he had another plan to attend to first. The captain, thankfully, agreed and now all he had to do was bored the ship with the clothes on his back and the wallet in his pocket. It was going to be a gret voyage. They were sailing somewhat around the tropics.. soaking up the sun and just having fun! Or...that's what the brochure said...He looked back up at Rose and finally realized that he had stopped in mid scenetence and hadn't contiued. "I have to get going.. it's already five thirty and my ship leaves at six thirty, as I said before I'm glad to have met you!" he said over his shoulder as he started to walk out the door. But before he could the bartender was suddenly standing in front of him in a flash. "You still have to pay for the extra ale and the meat pie!" he exclaimed looking somewhat bothered, thinking that Uriah had wanted to walk out without paying. Uriah smiled "Very sorry good man, didn't mean anything by it!" He took his wallet out of his pocket and handed the man more than enough money so that he would get out of the way.

Once that was taken care of Uriah opened the door and slowly closed it shut behind him. The last thing he saw was Rose. God was she beautiful, but if she didn't want him, then he didn't want her. It was still very dark outside, with the moon still high and glistining in the sky. He thought it quite odd for it to still be this dark at thsi time but really thought nothing ofg it as he continued down the beaten down cobble stone street. Some lanterns were lit to light his way and he was somewhat thankful that this very cold wind hadn't blown them out. He was walking for about ten minutes, heading for the loading dock, when suddenly a stranger walked out of the shadows and in front of him. The stranger wasn't threatning, but he/she was eeiry. "Don't go on that ship.... don't go on the ship.... it will sink!" Uriah, not easily intimidated, crossed his arms and went "Who the hell are you?"he asked that question all the time but he knew he wouldn't get an answer with this strange person. He tried to use his mind control upon him but really couldn't find anything. Maybe it was the black cloak that shrouded his face. Some cloaks could do that you know! Have some kind of magical effect upon them so nothing magical or no one magical could touch them. "Don't go on the ship... it will sink!""Right.... alright I suggest you leave before I beat you're ass up!" Uriah was getting pissed that this man was keeping him from boarding. This man was just probably trying to scare him out of a good time. For what reason.. he didn't know.. but he knew one thing, that this guy was not going to get in the way of a good vacation.

The man merly bowed his head and walked back into the alleyway in which he had once came. Uriah wathed him leave. For a moment he thought about going after the man and beating his ass to a pulp, but then he thought better of it. Knowing that it would just be a useless battle and not evcen worth his time. Besides it was already five fifty five. He would probably end up early there, hang out, bum a smoke of someone, and then relax a little until boarding time. There wasn't supposed to be that many people going but from what he had heard it was supposed to be a really nice sized ship. He had to admit that the man's words had somewhat shaken him up but that wouldn't get the best of him. He smiled thinking how stupid the man's attempt was. He continued to walk, slowing down his pace just a bit. A slight, cold, brezze ruffled his hair and made him pull on his over coat a little bit more around himself. He breathed into his hands to make them nice and warm. Boy could he not wait for this tropic cruise, where he would relax on a chair, soaking up nice warm sun. It was said that they would stop every now and then to swim in the crystal blue waters. Yes.. he defenietly couldn't wait.

Little did he know was that this whole trip would be ruined, all because he didn't listen to the man's words, and that Rose was going down with him.