Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Apple Tree

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2007, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Two figures could be seen among the trees, oddly enough, one of them was in the canopy.

A red headed, apparently normal human was making his way though the forest's ground, turning head to the sides, left and right, up and down, each mevement followed by a careful scan of the scenario, intense eyes, searching, as if anything could jump at him from any position, the impression was that he was actually expecting an attack, like a careful beast, walking thought a forbidden place. His name was Bel.

A blonde figure, on the other side, was the one that could be seen among the treetops, the shadow he showed was not a peculiar one, but in a world were anything was possible, the cross-like image he displayed wouldn't surprise many. A winged man, a Verispellis, that's what Pai was. A gliding creature, this very moment he was concentrated in a task, with his blue eyes he surveyed the area, waiting for his senses to react to the right picture, with his pair of golden wings extended, and using his lightness and gentlesness to fly above Bel.

The image could be confusing to an outsider, two creatures, completely different in appeareance, but apparently searching for the same thing, a sublime image that could have even been portrayed in one of those old chants... if it hadn't been interrupted by a lud and childish whine.

"Awwwwww Bel, I'm tired, and I can't find a stupid apple tree!" Pai descended next to Bel, sending him his saddest puppy eyes, trying to convince him that the task was a lost cause. "My wings are tired, I'm hungry and I'm dirty..." he didn't sound much like a grown up man, he sounded more like a whiny brat, a little detail that didn't please Pai much.

"Well I didn't ask you to come with me, you just clinged to my legs and begged me to let you come, so stop whining and fly up there or go back home!" that little twitch in his left eye showed that he wasn't pleased with the company, but that didn't seem to bother Pai at all, it actually just made him squeal like a rabid fangirl.

"You look so cute when you're mad at me..." Pai pinched Bel's cheek and blew him a kiss, obviously jumping back a few feet before Bel could grab his neck and cut his air supply.

"Stay away from me..." Bel's warning tone sounded like a joke to Pai, actually, Pai never noticed when Bel was using a warning tone, or perhaps he did, and just decided to ignore him in quite the olimpic way. "Either help me search or.." Bel's thoughts were interrupted by something, a strange sound, different from the usual sounds in the woods, Pai didn't seem to notice it, but he never quite noticed anything important around him, so he just tilted his head in a silly way and looked around, as Bel was doing now. The sound came from behind them... as if someone else was in the woods with them...

(Anyone?  o.o;;; )

Anonymous

Hiking through forests was not Morency's forte; in fact, hiking of any kind was something he generally failed at.  Unfortunately for him though, a rather mentally unstable goat had successfully stolen one of his beloved bird stuffed animals, and then scampered off into the safety of the forest.  What had seemed like a harmless game was quickly beginning to cause full out panic in his flustered little mind as the minutes passed without any sign of his target, or stuffed animal, amongst the trees.  Apparently, rushing thoughtlessly after Meft was not the most intelligent thing to do, and he was beginning to regret the decision more and more as he crashed through the gnarled undergrowth.  Why such terrible things always seemed to happen to him, he had no idea, but he was usually picked on by the other members of his little group and more often than not, it ended up much like this; with him lost and his persecutor rejoicing in her victory (her mainly being the aforementioned goat-girl or a certain short, but evil, human).

Morency's tall, gangly frame seemed to inevitably become tangled with everything in his path.  The edge of his battered white robes caught on a thorn bush, causing him to stumble and balk as he nearly toppled over into another prickly bush off to his left.  At the same time, he somehow managed to step on an unstable log, which resulted in a rather ungraceful fall face forward into the scattered leaves on the forest floor.  Letting out a high pitched squeak as he fell, the impact of his delicate body colliding with dirt made a resonant thump before the relative silence of the forest once again claimed its rightful place.  

With his bottom sticking awkwardly up in the air, the edge of his heavy robe still tangled on the thorn bush (which was now a few feet away), and his mottled wings flapping miserably he made quite a strange sight.  From a distance one would perhaps think some sort of oddly misshapen bird had been shot out of the sky by a hunter if it were not for the fact that said 'bird' was loudly whimpering in an oddly feminine voice which bordered dangerously on full out sobs.  Falling still for a moment, his dark red hair fell further around his face, causing his entire head to look like a mass of raspberry fuzz.  Due to the fact that his nose was buried in the leaves it was getting progressively harder to breathe and once again immersed in terror, he began to struggle for his life.  Suddenly, with a muffled cough he managed to forcefully push himself up only to find a stocky green haired imp turn a mocking cartwheel a short distance away from him.  

The girl's build was undeniably one of a manual laborer, tough and reliable.  As she nimbly turned through the air, she kept one stubby hand neatly clamped against her head to prevent a rather large and beaten hat from falling off her head.  The giant rim came bouncing merrily down as she landed, flopping across her mismatched eyes and covering all but her wide mouth from being seen, which twisted into a toothy grin.  Jangling loudly, several sets of round gold earrings hit each other and caused her furry oval sheep ears to bounce along with the hat.  "Morey-Morey, went upstairs to find his birdie, all its feathers now are gory and…aaaand…" she squealed loudly as a rather sadistic look abruptly claimed her facial expression, "little goats...EAT STUFFED BIRD STEW!"

With that said, she triumphantly held aloft the beaten and dirty toy as high as her short arm would allow, clamped it by the tail feathers between her blunt teeth, and made a successful escape using her long weapon much as a pole-vaulter uses their pole to leap above the short bushes.  That is, she would have easily fled if it weren’t for a pair of creatures on the other side of the stand of trees ahead of her.

Meft swung her arm around as she flew between the trees, sliding her long staff-like weapon back into its straps on her back. Landing in a feral crouch, with the small green bird still hanging from her mouth and a mess of leaves and twigs poking out from her poof of green hair, she hurriedly looked back over her hunched shoulders searching for Morency.  When she heard his stammering complaints behind her along with the appearance of an outstreched arm she grinned in triumph.  Reacting quickly, Meft nimbly attempted to bound away on all fours only to run straight into something’s legs.  

Finally breaking through the wall of death bushes, Morency stumbled forward in all his scratched up, dirt covered glory only to find Bel and Pai looking around and a disgruntled Meft writhing about in the dirt by Pai’s legs.  â€œB…Bel…?  Bel!â€? staring with his green eyes opened as wide as they possibly could, his cheeks rapidly became tinted with pink and he nervously started brushing at his clothing as he disintangled himself from the shrubs.  Behind him, his foot caught in the twisted branches and he fell forward onto his knees.  His sweet Bel was actually there, his savior had come!  Never mind the soon to be jealous Pai standing next to him or the fact that he had clumsily fallen again, all he needed was the red headed boy.  â€œMeft stole Penn…she just…without even asking…please, c-could you,â€? he mumbled incoherently as he became rather twitchy in his attempts to make himself presentable to the other boy and scrambled hastily to his feet.  "She says she's...she's going to eat him," he wailed miserably.

Anonymous

(I luv you~)

The origin of the sounds that made Bel sharpen his senses was finally cleared, when Meft appeared from behind a wall of bushes and collided again'st Pai's legs, well more like crashed in a rather ungraceful way, but that's not the point. The impact didn't make Pai move much, he just had to regain his balance, after all, Meft wasn't what one could call a gigantic creature that could make your feet salute the skies, and Pai wasn't one to be thrown back easily either. "Is Meft being a baaaaaaad goat?" he said, as he talked in a childish, mocking, yet seemingly reproaching tone of voice, he kneeled, so that his knees weren't actually touching the ground, but his face was at the same level as Meft's. "Baaaaaaad goat?" he repeated with a giggle and poked her face, Pai instantly recognized what Meft had now in her posession, and a devilish look made it's way to his before angleic expression, he knew that stuffed monster... and he knew what he should do with it, but Meft seemed to be doing a very good job by annoying Moron.

Morency followed, making Pai grumble slightly, he knew that if one of his stuffed birds was taken away from him, he'd be soon to follow the creature, and here he was, looking like a victim, asking for Bel's help because he was so stupid and useless that he couldn't even chase a goat~girl to get a stupid plushie back... stupid Moron...

Bel didn't pay Meft much attention, he had seen this scene before, and he was sure Morency would follow Meft, but the woods weren't a nice place for someone like Morency to wander, he should know, Bel always thought Morency was perhaps a bit too nice for his own good, and Meft seemed to enjoy torturing him to no end, and now the torture took them to the woods...

But what he saw in Morency wasn't what he had imagined, filled with dirt, his clothes ripped and a rather sad plea for help certainly wasn't what Bel had expected, and that twitch of compassion that always appeared whenever he was close to Morency took the best of him, yet again.

"You should be more careful in the woods" was all he said to Morency, after all, asking if he was alright would be a useless question, of course he wasn't alright, it was obvious by the look in his face and by the looks of his persona. Taking out some cloth he had inside his pocket, Bel approached Morency and started cleaning the dirt from his face, pretty much like a mother would do with his child, but of course, to Pai, that was a blunt slap in his face by the hands of betrayal... of course, Morency was the guilty little Flocker in the scene, he would never dare to blame anything on Bel, he was too good, not to mention sexy, to do anything wrong.

"Oh yes, I'm Moron and I'm stupid and I can't even get my own stupid stuffed animal back, so I have to run, fall in a pit and then crawl to Bel's feet for help" Pai said, mocking Morency's voice and sticking his tongue at him in a rather childish way.

"Shut up Pai." Definitely Bel wasn't a person of many words, but the little he said was worth saying. He handed Morency the cloth, so he could continue with the cleaning procedure, and he approached the still fallen Meft, with a warning look in his eyes, he extended his hand towards Meft and eyed the goat carefully "The bird" he said.