Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Noble girls don't fall in love (Closed)

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2007, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alarra stared up at the sign for the Peaches n Cream Brothel, the rain thundering around her and wondered how she had gotten herself in the mess she was in. Truth be told she didn’t really wonder why, she knew. She had, in her father’s eyes anyway, committed the sin of love. Noble girls did not fall in love; they were to marry someone who would be beneficial for the family financial and power wise. And you certainly did not fall in love with the son of a rival family.

For that she had been disowned and through her clothes were now ragged from all the travelling she had done it was not exactly unnoticeable that she was of noble birth and because of that no-one would employ her fearing she was a fugitive or would be spoilt and lazy. Alarra sighed; she had been left with only one real option, the profession that didn’t care where you came from.

On the bright side it would anger her father greatly if he discovered his only daughter had become a prostitute. That certainly would not do any good for the family’s reputation. Alarra smiled bitterly at that thought, she knew she shouldn’t want revenge on her father she was a lady after all but she couldn’t help but hate him. He had disowned and her and planned on telling everyone that her lover, Guise had raped her and the shock had caused her to join a convent. Who knew what would happen to Guise.

Alarra looked again at the sign, she had been staring at it for about half an hour already and at the same time racking her brains for any other solution, even though she knew there wasn’t one. Well except maybe becoming a bounty hunter. She didn’t want to kill though and being female she knew she wouldn’t be taken seriously anyway.

She was broken from her musings when an old woman passed muttering something about how the whores should be in the building not loitering outside in this weather. Alarra laughed internally, someone thought she was a whore already.

She got up from the ground, her mind now made up. She would no longer be Lady Alarra of the noble Caerace family; she would be Alarra, whore…or Alarra, deceased…

She went across the street the rain drenching her more than she already was and knocked on the door.

Anonymous

That 5'8 figure of a man weakly made his way towards the tavern, his eye sight had already began to fade, the rain just made his vision worse. Almost running right into Alarra as he saw a sigh. "So... damn hungry, where the hell can a man buy some food!" That mutter of the old lady towards Alarra, caused him to growl lightly.

"I am not a whore" He grunted quietly, retrieving a rock from the ground and swiftly throwing the thing, aiming to graze her nose with it. The rock practically whistled through the air. That hunger had made his aim slightly off. Causing him to hit a bum behind her instead. He suddenly noted Alarra, the fact she by the door as well allowed him to actually see her despite the weather. A light frown tugged his lips at her attire, "Lady you'll get sick out in this mess like that"

He removed his black coat, a crimson t-shirt now visable, holding the coat out to her. He nodded lightly for her to take it. "Name's Ferver, you here to eat this world famous peaches people keep telling me about... they better come with a drink" He rubbed his head lightly, hungry wasn't the word for him. He hadn't ate in over a week in his little hunt, and he was severely dehydrated. He began to knock on that door himself. "I've never had to knock on a produce store's door before, this is one weird place" Well he was obviously clueless that this was a brothel, but he was always clueless in the first place.

Anonymous

Alarra looked at man as if he was crazy, which he noted he probably was or at least very dense. Didn’t he realise this was a brothel. When he offered her his coat she shook her head, she hoped to be inside in a minute so she wouldn’t need it. She knew her attire was not the best travelling attire and certainly didn’t keep her very warm but it was all she had. ‘Ferver’ knocked on the door as well louder than her fortunately but considering the weather it was barely audible.

Alarra glanced across at the man again and realised that now she looked properly he didn’t look that great; he looked half starved and dehydrated.

Softening a little she cleared her throat and said, “I’m Alarra…�

Anonymous

"Pleased to meet you miss Alarra," He nodded lightly to her, glaring at the door for a moment before pushing it open himself, walking inside enough to hold it open for her. He noticed the glance, and a light frown graced his face. He honestly had money for food and water, "Look I know I look like some half-starved beggar, I've actually been trying to find .. well an old freind of mine"

"Meh, but enough about my stupid excuses miss Alarra, I'm sure you could use a bowl of peaches too right?" Those eyes began to wander towards the inside of the building. The light smile that had began to form on his lips vanished. "Oh... , well now I can" He coughed lightly, "See why it's world famous," That face flushed a cherry red.

"I didn't know you... uh" He pointed towards her then inside the building. "Were uh... well y'know with other... and stuff", he already had began to stammer and avoid eye contact, he still was going in there. He might be able to get directions to a tavern at least. "M' sorry I bothered you miss Alarra"

Anonymous

“You don’t need to call me miss,� Alarra commented but Ferver was too busy feeling embarrassed at what he had seen inside and Alarra had to comment that barging in had been a tad rude. She couldn’t help feeling that way, she was of noble birth after all and some habits died hard.

Alarra had to suppress her giggles when she assumed the man had finally twigged as to what kind of institution ‘Peaches n Cream’ was.

Then when he pointed to her then to inside the building she simply said, “I’m not a client and I’m not a prostitute…well not yet anyway.�

Alarra was quite surprised when Ferver still went inside and not wanting to stay out in the rain she followed and was able to properly see what had made the man so embarrassed. She had been expecting it however and didn’t really make much of fuss out the near naked men and women.

Anonymous

"So mi... Err Alarra, what in Rhy... uh I mean Hades made you want to go and choose a profession like that, if you don't mind me asking." He quickly avoided the name of his homeland, after all stories about falling from the sky into an entirely different world tend to make people think you are a looney. He still had a rather flushed face, but was getting over the initial shock of finding out the real motive of the building.

"No offense to the trade, but y'know.. some less tolerant people look down upon it," He shrugged lightly at the comment, he didn't really think anything was bad about brothels. "I mean, I'm... well I used to be a mercenary of sorts, and people looked down on me for that... well I suppose there are people even more ignorant than I am"

"Do you know if they have drinks in this place," He commented to her, rather embarassed to admit he was thirsty, he hated to ask for much of anything.

Anonymous

Alarra sighed, “Well no-one else will employ me. I don’t really have any other option.�

It didn’t really surprise Alarra that the man used to be a mercenary, there was just something about him. Now he had said that she began to notice something a bit unusual about his aura. Though she was of nobility she was still a magic user and as a result she could sense people’s auras and there was something quite dark about his. He seemed nice enough though so she decided to trust him for now.

Alarra went across to one of the slightly less shady looking women and said to her, “Is the owner in? I’m looking for work.�

The women looked Alarra up and down then looked past her at Ferver and said, “And him,�

“No idea why’s he’s here,� Alarra lied, there was no point relaying the man’s embarrassing mistake, “but he could do with a glass of water, he’s nearly dropping from dehydration.�

Anonymous

He scoffed lightly at the first statement, "There is always another option, may not be as easy to find as the first, but it's there," A thankfull nod was issued as she didn't reveal his own foolish mistake.

Those eyes now locked on to another woman that worked in the brothel. Thinking it was the one that Alarra had been talking to. "Yeah, I've been tracking someone down, and haven't really drank in a while if it's not any trouble. Despite my appearance I'm not a bum" The dehydration was obviously getting to him. The stranger moving to retrieve him a water, those digits of his digging in to a pocket to retrieve a gold coin, with rather bizarre looking engravings. "Hopefully that'll work"

She came back with a pitcher of cold water, and he began to down it. "Say... Alarra, you haven't seen a lady about" He held his hand to shoulder level on himself. "With blue hair have you, y'know... ranting and carrying on about burning villages down?" He finished off that water in an amazing amount of time. His body reacting rather quickly to it.

Anonymous

Alarra narrowed her purple eyes at Ferver’s statement about her having another option. He could never really understand her position. Then he further embarrassed himself when he began randomly talking to another of the workers at the brothel.

As for the women he was looking for she couldn’t remember seeing her and she was sure she would have noticed someone like that.

“No, I haven’t seen her.�

Realising that the owner may take a while to come, Alarra settled herself gracefully onto one of the sofas, with all the elegance of lady (again some habits die hard). She watched with amusement as Ferver downed the pitcher of water in record time and was relieved when he seemed to perk up a little after it as well, he didn’t look as deranged anyway.

Alarra was curious as to why Ferver was looking for such a strange sounding woman but it seemed rude to intrude so she did ask. But then again he was quite strange himself

Anonymous

A sad nod was issued as she stated she hadn't seen the blue haired woman. "The sad thing is I don't even have a clue who she was" He nodded lightly, a brow erking as she sat down so gracefully on the sofa.

"So if you don't mind me asking, ... who exactly are you running away from?" Those eyes narrowed rather quickly at her form. He had taken a guess as to why exactly she was so deperate for a job. Normally royal runaways fetched a good amount of gold for their safe return. That pitcher of water had given that poor brain of his a nice cooldown from his little search.

"Either that or you just worked for one of those pompous asses that run things and managed to piss them off" He nodded lightly, those eyes flickering green just for a moment, he had a thing against the more cocky members of royalty. He had a thing against anyone that was more cocky than he was.

Suddenly that serious streak in him ended, "Err, sorry... I try to read people way too much," He scratched the back of his head lightly. That darker half of him still tugging beneath the surface of his being, begging to be let loose on this new world.

Anonymous

Alarra couldn’t help but notice the man’s sudden change in attitude and the way his eyes flashed green. She had been right, there was something…dark about him. However she decided to indulge him.

“I’m not really running…I was thrown out of my family and basically left to fend for myself…� he sighed, “I disobeyed my father a few times too many…�

There was a darkness to the man, she knew but the him she had seen so far seemed pleasant enough and it was kind of nice to have someone to talk to for a change, other than herself. The same also seemed to be true of him. Alarra couldn’t help noticing something he had said though, that he didn’t really know who the one he was chasing after was, that was rather strange.

Anonymous

"Well, no offense but he sounds like a jerk to me... blood is blood after all", he nodded lightly. Keeping that dark side at bay for the time being, not showing the slightest sign of struggling with it.

"At least you know who he was and why he threw you out though, that's some form of closure" That final memory of the blue-haired woman flashed in his mind again. For some reason that memory made his heart feel like someone was squeezing it.

"Y'know you could always hire me to convince the old man to change his mind." He toyed with the idea lightly himself, he didn't kill anymore; But he could still be extremely intimidating. The guards were his only real concern, due to his new anti-death policy on life. "Then again... you are free to make your own choices now right?, I'd take freedom over changing myself any day"

Anonymous

Alarra sighed and muttered to herself, “It’s not me I’m concerned about…�

Then to Ferver said, “It’s okay, really.�

The truth was she was glad to see the back of her father but she hoped it would be under better circumstances, like when she eventually got married but that wasn’t to be. Alarra had been a bit alarmed at Ferver’s suggestion to kill him though, that was a bit extreme.

Ferver was very strange she thought, many things he said had sounded odd, like when he said that at least Alarra knew why she had been thrown out. She guessed that the statement had something to do with the blue haired woman he was searching for.

Anonymous

"I mean scare him into letting you back, I don't kill people anymore" Obviously he had detected that alarm from her. Something caused a chill to run down his spine, but he couldn't quiet place his finger on what it was. "This place isn't haunted or anything is it?"

Those blue eyes peered over the room, careful to avoid locking eyes with anymore strangers. After not seeing anything too out of the ordinary, he issued a light shrug. "So I guess this job'll get two birds with one stone, you'll have money, and I'm sure you've thought of how much your dad'll be pissed to find out about it." He chuckled lightly.

"Best be carefull, I know I seem like a nutcase, but I'm sure worse than me wander into these places, and not for the same sort of peach I was after"

Anonymous

“I know the risks,� Alarra assured him, “but like I said I can’t get any other job, most people can tell I am…well was nobility…It will be nice to think I’ll annoy my father though, me working here won’t do anything for our family’s reputation after all,� she smiled.

Then she added, “And this place is haunted by the way.�

She wasn’t sure if that was what had made Ferver anxious but she knew the place had a ghost, her magical abilities allowed her to sense the spirit. It didn’t seem to be threatening though, more like a trickster, probably a poltergeist. She knew, like Ferver had said that some shady people came to such places as Peaches n Cream but she couldn’t be picky.

Anonymous

"Well his reputation deserved to be ruined for being suck a strict jerk," He huffed lightly, it was amazing how he took sides without even knowing the slightest bit about her father. "If I were you I'd start handing out advertisements outside the castle just to rub it in"

A light gulp graced his form at the mention of there actually being a ghost, obviously he wasn't very fond of ghosts. "Those sort of things common in these lands?, oh you're just trying to scare me." Those eyes still looked about yet again. Making sure nothing was floating, and no painting was staring at him.

"Well let me know if they get too rough around here, I may be a has been, but I still have some whupass left in me when someone ever needs it"

Anonymous

Alarra laughed at both Ferver’s use of the word ‘whupass’ because it was something most nobility would consider vulgar and also his nervousness at the fact there might be ghost around.

She smiled evilly, “Well you can always call me if you get too scared of the ghost.�

[OOC Sorry, it's short, it just seemed to fit O.o]

Anonymous

A brow erked at that laughter, followed by a light huff. "Well, even if a was scared of a ghost I think I can handle it by myself... not like sneaky, evil, undead things" He issued a light little shiver. "Bother me, ..... you were kidding about it though right?"

He sounded a bit hopeful that time. "It's cold in here y'know" He rubbed his arms lightly trying to play off that shiver from earlier, but he wasn't exactly good at lying. "You really want to work around a ghost?, I mean, they float around and make noises and stuff... creepy"

"Oh... I guess I'm treating it like a stereotypical ghost, y'know.. better try to stay on it's good side, I'll probably end up being one sooner or later...must be creepy doing... well you know it in here.... that perverted ghost is probably watching most of the time... shame on it."

(ooc: It's ok lol, it happens to the best of us n.n;)

Anonymous

It was quite amusing watching him get to flustered, Alarra thought. Strange that a grown man could be scared of something like that but she guessed everyone had their weaknesses.

“No, I wasn’t kidding about the ghost but it doesn’t really bother me, the house I used to live in was full of them. I’m pretty use it isn’t threatening though, just a prankster.�

Poltergeists generally were just pranksters, few were actually evil. It wass because they liked to play tricks on people in life that made them become a poltergeist when they died anyway. As for the not so innocent ghosts, well they weren’t solid so couldn’t really harm you.

Anonymous

"... oh, well then... probably just terrified of my mighty... er greatness" He nodded lightly to himself, "I have got to come up with some better slogans" He scoffed lightly at himself offering a light grin to her. Well at least it seemed the mention of it not being threatening seemed to relax him.

"It's pretty crazy how the things that creep in the night, manage to scare m... I mean err most people" He coughed lightly to himself, offering a light bit of laughter afterwards. "As if I'd be afraid of something that's already dead... or something"