Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Pianist

Started by Anonymous, October 16, 2007, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alarra paced around her room humming to herself, a nervous habit of hers. She started work that night but fortunately for her not as a prostitute which had been her original intention when she arrived at Peaches n Cream. Instead she was a pianist. Apparently somehow had heard her playing the piano to Ferver and had told Peach. Then when he found out she could sing too her hired her to play in the bar.

She wasn’t going to complain, she didn’t want to be a prostitute, she just thought that was her only option. Still her father would still be angry when he found out she was working in a brothel, she smiled at that thought.

She wondered if Ferver had found Keir yet and if he had solved his problem but currently she was more worried about herself. What if he played a wrong note? What if she forgot the words? What if she was too nervous and went flat?

Telling herself she was being foolish she sat at her dresser and stared at her reflection in the mirror with her purple eyes. She didn’t really look like a whore…well maybe a high class whore… Her wavy blonde hair was pulled back in a bun with a purple hair clip and her face was only lightly made up. The dress she was wearing was long, backless and elegant and dark purple in colour. She was used to gowns like that; she was from a noble family after all so she didn’t have the usual female reaction to wearing pretty dresses.    

Alarra was broken from her musings when there was a knock at the door.

â€œYou ready yet?â€? said a female voice.

Alarra rose from the chair, “I’m coming.â€?

She glanced back for a second to check her appearance again before exiting the room. Stood outside was one of the whores called Saff who looked like one. Heavily made up and dressed in barely anything.

She whistled when she saw Alarra then said, “Come on, you’re due on now.â€?

Alarra followed Saff down the stairs and into the bar. There were only a few people there currently but she knew it would get busier as the night progressed. As well as remembering her notes and words she hoped that the men didn’t mistake her for a whore when they had had a few drinks.

She settled herself at the piano, carefully spreading her skirt around her. Then she doubled checked the music and began to play.

Anonymous

"Damn it all...Why did I get stuck being in a place like this?! I think that baka hates me...To assign me to hand about such a foul place...He KNOWS how I hate men..." Takumi snarled to herself, amethyst, almond-shaped eyes narrowed hatefully as she entered the brothel. Her untidy silver bangs hung messily about her pale face, framing it between ribbon-laced ponytails. Sweeping, slightly colourful robes slid about her as she glanced around, shooting deadly glares to some winking men.

"Say one word and I'll seal your throat shut...." She hissed to one unlucky man who happened to be closest. His eyes widened slightly and then quickly shot back to his drink.

"This place is surely hell..." The young woman mumbled, adding quite a few undoubtedly snide remarks in another language. She shifted slightly, moving her robes about her as she sat at the table the man she just threatened had recently vacated. Her eyes closed (but not all the way, lest another pervert appear), and she listened to the pianist.

That man had been a smart to move. Well...As smart as a man got.

In Takumi's opinion, there was nothing more annoying or pointless than a man. Of course, not many things had happened in her twenty years of life, but what had happened was enough to help this conclusion. The last man who had been anything to her...Well...He had really been nothing but a liar. And he had paid for it.

Yes...He had certainly paid.

Anonymous

After a couple of songs it was time for a break. So she stayed sitting at the piano and glanced around. It was just what you would expect from a bar in a brothel. Lots of drunken men with lots of nearly naked women. At least she wasn’t one of those nearly naked women.

There were a few women but that many. But one woman in particular caught Alarra’s eye. She didn’t look like the sort of person you’d find in a brothel, silver hair in pigtails and dressed in robes.

Alarra wasn’t sure why but she got up from her seat and went across to the woman’s table.

â€œExcuse me? May I sit here? I’m on a break and it’s no fund sitting alone.â€?

Anonymous

"Neh?" Takumi opened one violet eyes, surveying the second girl with a scrutinous glance. Then, one loosely-robed shoulder shrugged boredly. "...If you wish...I really don't care..."

That slight shrug had caused both layers of outerwear to slide from the young woman's pale shoulder, revealing her top underneath. It was black and strapless, lacing up the front. The movement of clothing had also shown a tattoo underneath the right side of Takumi's collar bone...A gothic-styled Lotus flower.

"You're too young to be in a place like this, girl..." She suddenly mumbled, iddaly resting her chin in one long-fingered hand. Her nails were painted black.

"...Men really are disgusting..."

Anonymous

Silently, Griever sat in the back corner of the room, trying to drink himself into his usual stupor. He had been to this brothel a few times before, as their spirits were good, and the prices cheap; the only downside was that being surrounded by perverts had a tendency to ruin his buzz. So there he sat, surrounded with spirits, but unable to drown away his sorrows. A few women attempted to approach him where he sat, but he quickly shot a piecing scowl at them, making it very clear that he had a sincere desire be left alone.

Griever looked around the room for a moment, and examined the sickness of his surroundings. It seemed that everyone here was having a good time. Drinking, partying, blissfully unaware of their own damnation; it was enough to drive any man to drink. But in the midst of this debauchery, there was one, a woman, who seemed to be as disgusted with this place as griever was, but more than likely for different reasons. She seemed to stick out like a saint in a place such as this, but whoever she was, it made no difference to him. She was just another soul, just another soul...

Griever slowly rose from his position, and turned to leave, but as he did, notes of soothing sounds began to waft into his ears. He turned his head slightly, and glared curiously at the pianist, before slowly moving back to his seat. She was not the best he had ever heard, not by a mile, but still, he felt compelled to stay and listen. He became so engrossed within her music, that he faintly noticed anything but the sweet melodious sounds that seemed to drift him into such a lax state of mind. He hadn't been this relaxed in quote some time, so naturally, Griever felt a twinge of disappointment when she went on her break.

He watched casually as she walked over to the lady he had seen before. It didn't seem that the two knew each other, but it appeared that they were carrying on a slight conversation.

Griever felt compelled to speak, lest he never hear her music again. As he rose from his seat, and made his way across the room, he made a conscious effort to gather his words quickly. He didn't want it to appear as though he was hitting on this woman, nor did he want to convey that his intention was anything other than that of a compliment, but before he could gather his thoughts, he came to the realization that he had almost reached where the two sat.

As he approached, he bowed his head slightly to both women before he spoke.

"...Your playing tonight..." Griever started as he spoke to the young woman. "....was exceptional..."

Anonymous

Alarra found it strange that the girl had called her ‘girl’ and implied she was a child. The other woman looked younger than she was.

â€œActually I’m 22,â€? Alarra commented, “Hardly a girl. But if I then certainly are.â€?

She wasn’t so sure she wanted to sit there now, this girl seemed very rude. And why had she told the sorceress that she shouldn’t be there? The girl was sat there and didn’t even seem to be enjoying herself. What was her reason for being there?

Just as Alarra was about to move away and go back to the piano, a man came to the table.

â€œYour playing tonight…was exceptional…â€?

Was this man flirting with her? It didn’t sound like it but why would he say that? Alarra knew she wasn’t that great, she had told Peach that but he said he wanted to her employ her.

â€œI’m not that great really,â€? Alarra replied.

Anonymous

"Oh, and you can call me rude to my face...I really dislike people merely looking at me with disdain but not saying anything about it...I can handle critisizm...It shows all over your face. And...I simply meant that you seemed to be a child when it came to your...Work..." A hand waved half-heartedly towards the piano.  "I do not have the authority to say that you are an ameteur but...Do you really put your soul into it?" She murmured curiously, piercing eyes latching onto Alarra just as a man approached.

Takumi resisted the urge to kill him on the spot. But that would cause too much trouble, and she would surely have the other members of Eclipse to deal with for deviating from her mission...And that was never a pleasant ordeal. No matter how much she hated her superiors, a job was a job...And a well-paying one at that.

Biting her tongue harshly, she slumped back into her seat in a rather tomboyish fashion and crossed her arms haughtily. She would just have to wait for him to go away.

Anonymous

"I will say that your craft needs work, but you managed to bring me a sense enjoyment that I haven't felt in quite some time." He turned his head, and bowed his head slightly again to the other woman befor turning his back to the two. "I'd like to hear you play again sometime..." Griever said, as he looked over his shoulder. As he began to walk away, a hushed voice spoke out to him.

"Kill her!"

Faust quickly turned to look around the room, but saw nothing. suddenly, his chest began to ache heavily. Griever tightly gripper his chest, for a moment, as he made his way back to his table, but before he could reach his seat, the voice cried out again but with a much more demanding tone.

"Kill her, kill them all!!!" The voice demanded.

'What is this!?' Griever thought as he slumped into his seat. His hand began to tremble, his head began to divulge beads of sweat. This had never happened before, it was as though he was losing control of his own body. As he hands trembled, he looked fearfully at them, and noticed that they were attempting to act out on there own. "They are trying to lease themselves." Griever whispered to himself in awe, but in time, the pain passed, and his body stopped trembling.

'...The hell was that?...' Griever thought to himself; sitting motionless in his corner.

Anonymous

"Perhaps...You are the one they sent me here after, neh...?" Takumi's voice suddenly breathed from nearby Griever. She now stood next to where he sat, having seemingly lost most of her interest in the female pianist. There was a ruthless and almost homicidal glint in those violet eyes, which were now fixed on the man from under heavy lids. "Your behavior just now...Is certainly unique enough to catch their attention..."

The speed at which she had moved was seemingly inhuman...Even people who had been seated around them now glanced about in slight confusion at the sudden vanishing of a fellow patron. A strange smirk covered her lips as she seemed to diverge into a trail of thought that most people would not be pleasant to hear.

"So...What might your name be?" She asked...No...Demanded as Griever stopped clutching his head. "If you won't tell me...You may be assured that I will use less polite means to find out...Just make it easier on yourself, for I doubt that you are worthy of me wasting my art..."

"Just hurry. Before I get impatient..."

Anonymous

As the man walked away Alarra was sure she could sense something from him. It wasn’t so different from what she had sensed from Ferver, another presence.

Then when the rude girl moved at inhuman speed to where the man was sitting, she believed she was right that there was something suspicious about the man.

Though she couldn’t hear what the girl was saying to the man from across the room, the girl’s face did not look very friendly. She might have to rescue him.

Sighing, Alarra enveloped her body in shadows, making herself invisible and prayed that no-one noticed she had suddenly vanished. Then again, it was Connlaoth so she doubted anyone would care that she was using magic. She slipped quietly across to the other table because she could still be heard even if she couldn’t be seen. Alarra then sat down the next to man, ready to defend him if need be. She just hoped that he and girl didn’t sense her there or hear her breathing.

[OOC. O.o Don't leave me behind >.<]

Anonymous

Griever glanced out of the corner of his eye as the only acknowledgment of the womans presence. "...My my, such a dark soul you posses."He stated, as he rose from his seat, he would admit, that this woman's speed was perhaps an awe-inspiring feat, but he would not be ordered. "...you want my name..." Griever spoke softly, "Show me that you deserve to hear it..."

Anonymous

"Hmph...Show you, neh? Very well then..." That eerie smirk widened slightly and in a flurry of robes, Takumi had grabbed one of the men closest to her by the collar of his shirt.

"H-hey! What the hell-?!" He protested, struggling, but to no avail.

"Shut up and stay still..." She snarled, holding out a single finger and touching the man in the center of the forehead ever so slightly. He instantly passed out. "There. This imbesile will die in exactly thirty seconds unless I revive him...In those few seconds though, all of his bodily functions are shutting down, the signals to his organs and nerves are stopping and beings sealed. I can do the same thing to you, but on thousands of points in your body instead of just one." She whispered dangerously, ignoring the terrified looks from some nearby drunks.

"Now...Your name...?"

Anonymous

This girl didn’t give a damn about anyone did she? And certainly not about the sanctity of life.

Suppressing a sign, Alarra began to manipulate all the shadows in the room. They rose up like tentacles and began lunging at the clientele. She wasn’t meaning to hurt them, just scared them off in case something bad happened. It was a good thing nobody could see her.

The shadows achieved the result she wanted and all the people in the bar ran or staggered out. Now if the girl did something really bad at least the casualties could be reduced. She couldn’t really do anything for the man the girl had just grabbed,  Alarra wasn’t an expert on the whole ‘touch of death’ type thing.

Anonymous

"I died once before, behold the result.I have nothing left to fear from you...." Griever stated, as he glared at the woman. He looked on as she held her hostage before him. Naturally, he felt no sympathy for this man, he didn't even hold disgust for his captor, but he knew that if he did have a conscience, it would detest such a heinous act. A long moment passed between the two, as seconds gradually counted down, until finally, griever spoke out.

"Griever...." He said sternly. "....And who prey-tell, are you?"

Griever Focused his attention on this woman, but he realized that there was another present. The woman he had complimented before. Were they working together, or was she a mere observer; it made no difference to him.

Anonymous

"Thank you very much. Cooperation makes things easier on everyone..." Takumi's eyes gave a final sweep of disdain at the man before she touched the back of his neck, causing him to groan drowsily. She then tossed him boredly against the wall.

"And my name is Takumi...But I doubt it really would mean much to you, but I am a representative from Eclipse. Of course that isn't really important. You wouldn't be a main target of ours anyway..." Her smirk faded mostly, once again leaving room for her unsatisfied and generally annoyed look.

"Hmmm...And it seems a certain pianist is interferring, neh?" She tilted her head slightly in the direction of the other woman's hiding spot. She had realized that Griever noticed her as well.

"How annoying...Really. Has no one taught you that eavesdropping is rude?"

Anonymous

As Alarra materialised she replied, “And has no one taught you that life is sacred?�

â€œAnd if you work for some agency wouldn’t working in secret be much more effective?â€?

She wasn’t sure what this guy had done but the girl certainly wasn’t very
subtly in catching him and seemed willing to do anything to achieve her goal, even cause harm to innocent people. Alarra hated people like that.

Anonymous

"Takumi....I'll be sure to remember that name." Griever said. "You seem strong, but your tact is sadly lacking."

Griever looked around, noticing that the brothel had been cleared out due to the sorceresses shadow  magic, leaving only the three of them. "You say you are from an organization called eclipse? And you are searching for someone? well whomever you were looking for is gone now." Griever picked up a bottle from his table and took a swig of his drink, before throwing it against a nearby wall.

"Well Takumi, you and our other friend here have run everyone out, so at least I can drink in peace, so for that...I thank you." Griever said sarcastically. "...But I'm curious about this Eclipse you spoke of...." Griever said as he grabbed another bottle. "it sounds like a good way to pass time..."

Anonymous

"Why should I value life when those who are given it waste that life somewhere like this?" Takumi retorted, glaring at the other woman distastefully, amethyst eyes narrowed. "You really have no business telling me how to live...And I'm sure YOU have a good reason to be somewhere like this?" She added snidely, obviously not caring about manners anymore.

"And no, in Eclipse, we make no real desire to be secretive...Many people know about us. But of course, with the low amount of knowledge circulating in this place, ignorance towards us does not really surprise me..." One of those thin shoulders shrugged once more. "I could really care less about tact, by the way."

"I never said I was searching for someone. What if I am searching for something? Men always jump to conclusions...So annoying...It makes me have to explain things in detail..." She arched an eyebrow, eyeing Griever now. "And, since you obviously do not know of us, I suppose I could explain some things..." She sat down with another sweep of her silk robes.

However, she made sure to sit on the opposite side of the table, as far away from the man as physically possible.

Anonymous

"Perhaps...You are the one they sent me here after..." Griever said, reminding Takumi of her previous statement. "You can understand perhaps, why I assumed you were looking for a person, but regardless of what you meant, I offer my apologies for the misunderstanding." Griever said , tilting his head slightly at what he believed to be Takumi's contradiction of her own words, but he quickly returned to his previous self, leaning back in his chair as he took another sip of his beverage. "....But I digress, please continue your explanation..." griever added, as he noticed the pianist from before, and realized the awkwardness she must have felt at the moment. He rose from his seat and found another seat from a vacated table nearby, and placed the chair at his own table to attempt to include her. He motioned with his hands for her to come, inviting her to sit, as he reset himself in his seat. He again turned his attention to Takumi.

Although many people would be insulted by this woman's rude remarks, Griever's lacking of an emotional set, permitted him to see this woman more as an amusing figure,and escape from normality rather than a nuisance. He arched an eyebrow as the woman sat across from him. Her distaste for men was horribly apparent by her actions, but this too only added to his intrigue. His usual engraved look of sorrow, slowly changed into on that reflected a small degree interest in what this woman had to say. Something that hadn't been accomplished in quite some time. This seemed to be turning out to be quite an eventful night for him.

Anonymous

Alarra laughed at Takumi’s statement, “I have no right to question how you live? Yet you comment on how others live their lives? You are quite the hypocrite aren’t you?�

As she sat down she continued, “And for me not hearing of this ‘Eclipse’ why would I have heard of an organisation of killers?â€?

She wasn’t sure what to think about the man but she knew she hated this ‘Takumi’, a snooty, rude assassin from some immoral organisation. If Alarra had been a lesser person she would have strangled her with her shadow powers by now. However she was lady (at least used to be) so she wouldn’t go that far…not yet anyway.