Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A break in monotony, perhaps?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2008, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Two wide green eyes opened lazily as Lysael yawned loudly.  Rolling over and sitting up, he stretched and leaned back, rubbing his eyes as he did so.  For a brief moment, his face was clearly visible, as was the darkened remains of his horn.  The moment passed, and Lysael's hair shifted to hang forward over his eyes again as he looked around the room furtively.

Mara was still asleep.  Good.  He'd no desire to face her, not after last night's argument.  She'd pushed him, prodded him, and finally provoked him into exploding at her.  It'd been too late to go stomping out, so he'd resorted to hurling himself into the bed and throwing the blankets over his head.  He knew he'd looked like a child throwing a tantrum, but hadn't cared at the time.

Now... Once Mara woke, he'd be subjected to those concerned looks of hers, those worried words.  Lysael didn't want to deal with it now.

And so, he washed and dressed quickly.  A pair of dark brown pants, a faded blue vest, and a pair of black boots made up today's clothing.  A few minutes later, Lys left the inn, his hair and tail still slightly damp, and paused just outside the door, blinking in the sunlight.  Why did he have the feeling that today wasn't going to be one of the better days?

...The lecture he'd get from Mara might be it.  Whatever.  He shoved his hands in his pockets, and glared at the street, letting his silvery-white hair hang over his face as usual.

Anonymous

Just wakeing up, Inumisha quickly got dressed and brushed her long, silver-whit hair. She grabbed her money and left the inn. On her way out, she accidentaly ran into Lys.
"Oh, im sorry." She said. Bowing slightly, Inumisha turned and hurried off to the market. She went to find food supplies to make breakfast for everyone at the inn. This would be her payment for her stay.

Anonymous

Just wakeing up, Inumisha quickly got dressed and brushed her long, silver-whit hair. She grabbed her money and left the inn. On her way out, she accidentaly ran into Lys.
"Oh, im sorry." She said. Bowing slightly, Inumisha turned and hurried off to the market. She went to find food supplies to make breakfast for everyone at the inn. This would be her payment for her stay.

Anonymous

Anonymous

He staggered slightly as a woman knocked into him, yanking his hands out of his pockets to help him regain his balance.  And then she bowed at him.  What the hell... "Yeah, well, watch where you're going next time."  He muttered at her.

Lysael stared after her.  Her hair was almost the same color as his.  And it was usually only the Kin, like him, who had hair that color.  She certainly didn't seem to be Unicorn Kin, though.  And it wasn't just the lack of a horn.  She felt odd.  Darker.

However, as he heard the jingle of coins in a pouch, he banished such thoughts from his mind.  The man walking alongside her had a small (yet full, by the sound of it) money pouch.  He crept up behind the man, and with a barely noticeable flash of a knife, Lys had cut the cord tying the pouch to the man's belt.  Catching and holding it so it made no sound, he waited 'til the man had turned down another street before slipping it into his pocket.

He wasn't sure if the girl had seen it, but he didn't really care.  Though he did keep pace with her and mutter, "Sorry for my earlier rudeness."  He found himself oddly curious about her.  That strange darkness made him slightly wary, but as long as she didn't intend him harm, Lys felt reasonably safe in pursuing his curiosity.

Anonymous

Her dog like ear twitched when Lys spoke. Inumisha smiled and looked back at him. "its alright." She continued walking, picking up food products and paying for them as she went. Collecting much food, she asked with a laugh. "Why are you following me?"
She gatherd more food an finished. She began to head back to the inn

Anonymous

He narrowed his eyes at her, his attention caught by the girl's ears.  Definitely not one of the Kin.  Why are you following me?  Lysael scowled and shoved his hands in his pockets.  He'd never been much good at sorting out his feelings.  "Curiousity."

As the inn came back into view, he snuck a sideways glance at the girl.  "What are you?"  He could have kicked himself.  She'd want to ask questions as well.  Stupid, stupid.

Mara woke suddenly, looking around the room.  Lysael had left without waking her?  Well, they did have that argument.  Really, she should have just left him alone, but seeing him look like that was so saddening.

She washed up and dressed, picking out a light blue dress, nothing fancy. Heading downstairs, she sat at a corner table to await Lysael's return.  Hopefully he'd return soon.  It hadn't been that bad of an argument, really.

Anonymous

"I'm half-dog demon vampyre. And Im assuming you of the unicorns?No?" She laughed. She the smiled widley. "You know, you realy shouldnt steal from people." She recalled when Lys took the money from that man. Holding her index finger up to her lips she said."Dont worry i wont tell." She still smiled as they reached the door.

Anonymous

He recoiled from her as soon she finished speaking.  Demon?  And vampire?  Even though his purity was not exactly...pure anymore, the instinct to flee was still strong.  "You..." He started, then fell silent as he shoved the door open and slipped through, glancing back at her warily.

Small wonder she'd felt so strange to him.  A creature of the darkness, of course she'd make him, one of the light, feel unnerved.  She seemed nice enough though.

Her little comment about his thievery made him stop, still standing in the doorway.  Lys rolled his eyes.  "He's still alive, he'll get over it."  He really didn't feel any guilt over the theft.  Humans, and several other races as well, put far too much emphasis on money.   Really, the only reason he kept his talent secret was because Mara would shriek and fuss over it.

Speaking of which, he'd just spotted said girl.  Oh, damn.  He turned around suddenly, staring straight at Inumisha.  "You'd better not say a thing to Mara."

Anonymous

Inumisha smiled, "Of course.I have to go prepare breakfast. Hope to see you there." Inumisha then waved good-bye then left to the kitchen."Feel free to stop in to help or somthing"She called.
" It better be good miss" the manager said. Then he left.
The first thing Inumisha noticed when she enterd the kitchen were the dirty dishes.So she quickly got to work. As she washed, all she could think about was Lys and if he'd be at breakfast.

Anonymous

Inumisha smiled, "Of course.I have to go prepare breakfast. Hope to see you there." Inumisha then waved good-bye then left to the kitchen."Feel free to stop in to help or somthing"She called.
The first thing Inumisha noticed when she enterd the kitchen were the dirty dishes.So she quickly got to work. As she washed, all she could think about was Lys and if he'd be at breakfast.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

The first thing Inumisha noticed when she enterd the kitchen were the dirty dishes. So she quickly got to work. As she washed, all she could think about was Lys and if he'd be at breakfast.

Anonymous

The first thing Inumisha noticed when she enterd the kitchen were the dirty dishes. So she quickly got to work. As she washed, all she could think about was Lys and if he'd be at breakfast.

Anonymous

Anonymous

((Careful with the double posts, Inu.  ^^;; ))

"Yeah, sure."    Of course he'd be at breakfast.  As far as helping, though... no.  He had no skill in cooking, nor would he let them put him to work scrubbing pots and pans.  He wasn't quite sure why, but his damned curiousity still hadn't been satisfied.  Bah.

"Lysael?"  He turned around to see Mara smiling at him.  "I'm glad you're back.  I was a little worried."  Lys held his silence, glancing away as his tail flicked from side to side.  The girl sighed and reached out to touch the teen's shoulder.  "I'm sorry about last night.  Now, won't you come sit down?  The owner said something about breakfast being soon."

Resisting the urge to sigh in annoyance, he followed Mara back to the table.  He glanced at her warily as she smiled at him suddenly.  "So, who's your new friend?"

"She's not my friend."  He growled.  That was at least true.  He didn't even know her name, how could they be friends?

Anonymous

Inumisha worked effortlessly at making beakfast. Thoughts of Lys filled her mind. And the aroma of different foods filled whole inn.
As Inu finished cooking, the manager came in. "Are you ready?"
"yes"She said dissapointedly.She was hoping it was Lys. She took the food out to the large table in the dinning hall, and sat next to the manager as the breakfast alarm began to sound.

Anonymous

Jovan was tired. It was far to early for him to be awake. But he hadn't slept well the night before. And it seemed a waste to keep laying it bed staring at the back of his eyelids. So the rabbit had decided to get some breakfast.

He rubbed at his dark circled eyes as he wondered out into the common room of the inn. He was a bit hard to miss in his brightly colored clothes and the large white rabbit ears that poked out from under the red bandanna he had tied around his head.

After his less then pleasant dreams, Jovan didn't feel much like being alone. And sense he didn't know anyone, that just meant making a new friend. And the cute girl with the white haired boy seemed just as good as any.

He slid onto the bench next to the girl, grinning easily at her, "Good morning. I couldn't stand eating alone this morning. Never good for the digestion that. And I can never resist the urge to sit next to a pretty girl. My name is Jovan." He turned his smile on the white haired boy, "What are your names, my new breakfast partners?"

Anonymous

"My name is Inumisha." Inumisha smiled politly. She tried to stand up to bow, but was forcfully sat back down by the manager. Whos hand was now on her UPPER thaigh. Inumisha didnt like this one bit, she knew what might happen.
Gulping, then smiling halfly, she said," Dig in everyone."