Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A break in monotony, perhaps?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2008, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

'Korath! I know you're there.' Darkness shouted. 'If you aren't here by the count of three, I'll start using my other voice!'

'One, two!-'

A curse came from outside the door and the skeleton ran in. He looked at Inumisha then turned all his attention to Kenji, obviously ignoring the Image of Darkness. 'You rang, Sir?' asked Korath.

Darkness just grinned then turned back to Inumisha. 'He did. It didn't stop me from being a little apprehensive though,' he said in a softer tone.

Anonymous

Inumisha smiled. "I understand." Her words were soft. "When you lent me your powers..." She trailled off abit, before she spoke again. "The darkness that consumed my heart..." She looked up at him. "the power that I had, I felt like it was going to consume me. I actually wanted all that power." Tears began to form in her eyes, and it was apparent. "That power was more that I could handle. I wanted to use it to seek me revenge, not just eliminate Nimari for good." It was apparent that she wasnt afraid of the power, but yet, herself. "If that dragon hadnt have dissapeared, me demon form would've taken over."
Kenji in the meantime talked to Korath. "Could I get something to drink? Water or orange juice or somthin?"

Anonymous

'That wasn't just power you were controlling, that was who I am,' he said, then he saw her starting to cry. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and let her head rest on his bare chest, just over his heart. 'Shhh, it's over now. I won't let it control you, you were strong to be able to use it, to not go insane and to let go. There are others that cannot say that.'

Korath bowed and grumbled about being in the same room as the dark child. 'Shut up Korath!' snapped Darkness. He hated being called the dark child, it was just so derogatory. Korath jumped and scuttled out of the room.

'You'll have to excuse him. I played some pranks on him and he turned out a bit loopy,' explained Darkness. 'He's one of the ones that weren't strong.'

Anonymous

Kenji nodded at looked at inumisha. He gestured to Darkness asking if she was alright.
Inumisha thought about what darknesss had said. This was true... She had heard of people from the future who were unable to withstand the darkness. "Darkness..." She said softly. "If it hadnt been for Kenji I would probably be terrified of you...." Inumisha felt like she had to say what she was going to say. Otherwise she would've felt like she was lying. "Kenji is a creature raised by your kind...He learned things he shouldnt know." More tears flowed from her eyes.

Anonymous

'My kind,' Darkness murmured to himself. Aloud he said, 'you're fine Inumisha, that's all that matters. You're safe where they can't find you again.' He kept one hand over her head and used the other to stroke her long hair down her back. He glanced at Kenji, not sure what to do. At least that annoying Korath was gone. Inumisha did not need to see Darkness in a fury.

Anonymous

Kenji looked back at the two, and smiled.
Inumisha on the other hand was feeling guilty. "Before I died, I left him in the care of a couple who i thought were normal..." She looked at Kenji through the corner of her eye. "And they raised him.." There were exactly like you." She laughed a little, then raised her head and kissed Darkness on his cheek. "I didnt think a half demon could learn things like that..."

Anonymous

Darkness felt a little let down. He had hoped that there were others like him but it seemed not. 'I'm sorry , Princess. They must not have been my kind if they could appear normal. I don't know what they taught you. It is very likely they are something much different, lots of creatures have dark natures around here.'

Anonymous

"Are you sure?" Inumisha said. "Then..." She nodded off for a second. "Never mind.." Inumisha was felling tired again. She wanted to sleep, but coiuldnt.
Kenji looked at the door. He heard a noise, and his immediat thought was an intuder. He was forgetting where he was.

Anonymous

'If you need to sleep, please do. I'm not going anywhere,' he said. He looked at Kenji when he glanced at the door, then glanced there also. 'Is something the matter?'

He turned back to Inumisha, she was so light in his arms. The poor thing had used too much of her energy in the fight. He bent over slightly and kissed the top of her head.

Anonymous

Kenji nodded, "There is someone at the door..." He looked back at Darkness, and looked at Inumisha, whome was slowly falling asleep. Kenji didnt want his mother to get hurt. regardless of her living that long or not.

Anonymous

Darkness got off the bed and sighed. It probably wasn't appropriate to show so much affection to some asleep when their child was in front of you. 'Don't worry, you'd know if you had a half-dark half-sibling and I'm not the type to abuse women,' he explained. Dave was a different matter altogether though. If the skeleton thought he could have a new "friend" out of it, there was very little he wouldn't do.

'Come in,' he called eventually.

Anonymous

As the door opened, Kenji looked over to Inumisha. "You know...its not easy... having a mother who is half dead.... its kind of sad really...." There was a solmn look in his eyes. "She died when I was still a child. And my father was the one who looked after us... My sister and I..." Inumisha shifted her positioning, and groaned as if she were having a bad dream.
(sorry if this was a crappy post, and for my long abssence.)