Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A break in monotony, perhaps?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2008, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Something on your mind pretty boy?"

"Wha- No. I mean..."  Lys snapped his mouth shut and looked away.  This was just irritating now.  ...He was blushing now, too.  Great.  Intensely grateful for how his hair hid most of his face, the teen jammed his hands in his pockets, hoping that Jovan would leave him be.  Of course, given how deeply he was blushing, there was little chance the rabbit wouldn't notice.

Throwing a few more items into the packs, Mara picked them both up, and left the inn quickly.  It was just in her nature to worry about Inumisha, and that worry would likely not be quieted until she'd seen the other girl again.

Spotting the duo turning down one of the smaller side streets, Mara caught up to them and nodded.  "I don't think it'll be too much longer before someone starts raising a fuss back there.  We should be fine."  Glancing at Lysael and then Jovan, she furrowed her brow in confusion.  Had something happened?

Anonymous

The rabbit nodded, grinning like the cat with the canary, "I'm sure they wont point any fingers at us."

There was a sadistic streak a mile wide in Jovan that loved to make people blush. He made sure to move a bit closer to the unicorn, sliding his arm around the boys, "Now lets find a place to mingle and blend in."

He glanced over at Mara, "Do you want some help carrying those?" He held an arm out for the bags, "Doesn't seem right making the girl carry the bags."

Anonymous

After Inumisha woke up, she decided to go look for them. But she stayed in demon dog form. Before she left, she found a stream and washed up.
'It shouldnt be too hard to find them' she thought. Sniffing the air, she quickly followed their sent. As she passed by, people mistook her for a wolf, so they ran. 'Why are they running? Im a dog for cryin' out loud.'
Inumisha ignored the comments and buckets of water being splashed onto her. She just wanted to find Mara, Lys, and Jovan.
Soon, their scent got stronger and stonger, soon she could see the bright colors of Jovans outfit ans Lys's tail.
Barking with merriment, she followed close behind them hoping they'd see her. More or less smell her. Even though she hadba bath, she did kinda smell like wet dog....

Anonymous

Those deep green eyes went wide with shock as Jovan slid his arm around him.  His tail flicked from side to side jerkily as Lysael glanced up at Jovan.  That grin.  He blushed even deeper as he looked away.  Gah...  Well.  Mara wasn't trying to intervene, so this couldn't be so bad, and there was no need to be so... embarrassed by this flirting.  Part of him thought this wasn't so bad, anyways.  ...The rest of him thought that part was retarded.

Guys weren't supposed to flirt with other guys.  But... this was a little better than girls making those faces at him, and giggling incessantly.  ...It was.  Kind of.

She quirked an eyebrow at the rabbit as he draped that arm around Lys's shoulders.  It seemed Jovan was more intent upon flirting with Lysael than her.  Mara grinned, suddenly amused with this.  That really was a lovely shade of red on the teen's cheeks.

Any other time she would have gladly let someone else tote one of the packs, but now, she was far too interested in seeing how this all would play out.   She smiled at Jovan.  "Nah, I've got them.  Most of this stuff is mine, anyways."

The sound of a dog barking caught her attention, and she looked behind her to see a rather large white dog following them.  In fact, it kinda looked like a wolf.  ...Wolves didn't dare get close to town, let alone go running through the streets in broad daylight.  And it sure wasn't acting like a wolf.  

Hoping she wasn't about to get bitten, Mara held out her hand, speaking in a soft voice.  "Hello there.  Where'd you come from?"

Anonymous

Jovan quite liked Mara as well and had been about to say something slightly naughty to her as well when he froze. He scented the dog approaching and he turned, keeping Lysael between him and the dog.

The creatures scent, mingled slightly with a faint scent of blood made him very nervous. He looked rather alarmed when Mara bent to touch it, "Mara! Careful! That is a very large wolf...dog...thing! With very large teeth!"

Anonymous

Inumisha jumped up putting her paws on Maras chest, then licked her face wildly. In thought for, which not many people can hear, she said. 'Its me!'
Inumisha wasnt sure if mara could her, so she just licked her. Narking, she looked at Lys and Jovan the barked happily.

Anonymous

Suddenly being turned loose and hidden behind, Lys blinked and glanced back at Jovan, a mildly confused look on his face.  Amusingly enough, his usually pale cheeks were still tinted red.  He backed up a few paces, watching the dog warily, and snickered when it planted its paws on Mara's chest and licked her face.

Mara wasn't amused.  She squealed and pushed the dog away, wiping at her face.  "Eww!"  She shook her head, wiped at her face again, and glared down at the dog.  "Don't do that!"  She hadn't heard the telepathic thought, and had no idea it was Inumisha.

Anonymous

"Err....here." Still standing behind Lysael, Jovan removed on hand from the males shoulder and dug around in a few of his pockets. He found a clean white handkerchief and presented it to Mara.

He couldn't understand the dog anymore then Mara could. But his nose twitched slightly. Something about it smelled familiar though he couldn't place it.

"Try backing away slowly and avoiding eye contact? Maybe it will go away?"

Anonymous

Inumisha whined after this happened.She looked down at the ground in a sorry manner. Glancing up at them, her eyes quickly changed color back to her normal eye back to her demon dog eyes.
Looking to lys and jovan she "smiled"(or at least a dog smile) 'Mabyone of them will hear my thoughts. She walked over and sat infront of lys and jovan. 'Its me. Can either of you understand me in this form?'

Anonymous

Taking the handkerchief from Jovan, Mara wiped her face again, and then held it out away from her, wrinkling her nose in disgust.  "It's friendly enough, maybe it belongs to someone around here?  But it looked like it was following us..."  She glanced down at the dog.  "Don't you have a home to go to?"  Of course she wasn't expecting an answer, but she'd talked to the dogs her father owned.  And most of them understood a few words.

It's me.  Can either of you understand me in this form?  Lysael stopped snickering immediately, froze in place and shut his eyes.  He'd only caught a few words, but that voice sounded familiar.  It was hard to hear telepathic thoughts, since losing his horn had cut him off from his magic, but...  He looked around, and finally stared straight at Inumisha.  

Whoever had spoken couldn't have been more than a few feet away, else Lys wouldn't have heard them.  He knew Mara couldn't use magic, and since that voice had a distinctly feminine quality to it, it couldn't have been Jovan either.  And there wasn't anyone else close enough.  The dog...

Lysael pointed at it suddenly.  "That's no dog.  I don't know who or what it is, but it's not a dog."

Anonymous

Inumisha barked hapilly. 'Lys! You can understand me! Its me. Inumisha!' Inumisha bagan runing in a circle. She was glad that someone heard her, but then again not many people could. She then looked back at Mara. 'Tell her its me.'

Anonymous

At Lysael's comment, the painter pressed closer to the unicorn. Not that he figured the slender boy could do much if the large wolf thing felt like attacking. But any shield was better then none.

The creature didn't seem like it meant any harm, but it still had the slight coppery scent of blood around it. And dogs just made him nervous.

"It seems excited about something. You don't think someone tracked us from the inn do you?"

Anonymous

Lysael shook his head.  "I don't think so.  I mean...  He glanced sideways at Jovan and Mara.  "I guess I'm the only one who can hear her?  ...Great.  I can't even hardly understand her.  If I was still..." He shut his mouth suddenly, not willing to say anything else.  "Look, she's talking, telepathically.  I can hear her voice, but I can't make out the words."  He sighed in annoyance.  

Really, Lys had no clue why she was following them.  "I think she knows us.  I have no idea who she is. I couldn't hear a name.  I...it's too hard to hear.  Like trying to hear someone talking from far away.  I can't hear telepathy that well anymore, it's too hard.  It hurts..."  His voice trailed off as he rubbed at the side of his head with one hand.  Why was he saying this much?

He shut his eyes again, clapping his hands over his ears (though it did no good, really) and backed away from the dog.  "Stop it...shut UP!"  Lysael yelled suddenly and swayed as if he was going to fall.  He couldn't hear enough to get a coherent message, and it hurt his head, just trying to hear her.

Silence, finally.  He blinked, feeling somewhat dizzy.  "Inumisha?"  He'd gotten the name, this time.  And now, it made sense, why he was getting such a headache from this.  Inumisha was a demon, Lys was a unicorn.  Their races weren't exactly compatible.

Mara just stared at the dog, feeling relieved and surprised at the same time.  "Inumisha?  Are you...?"  She stopped and shook her head.  "Can't you change back?"

Anonymous

Looking up at Mara, Inumisha tried to make her voice stronger for Lys to understand. 'Yes, but Id need to be taken to a secluded area...See...since im in this form.....' Inumisha looked over at Lys. ' Id have to change back into full fledged demon form, then back to my normal half-demon state.' Then she whimpered nervously. ' I would also need some new cloths. Seeing as though dogs don't need them, i lost then when i changed to this form. ' Inumisha looked back at Mara. 'That means Mara would be the only one to go with me when I change back.'

Anonymous

Jovan put on arm around the boy to steady him when he swayed, "Whoa there. Ya alright?"

His attention shifted back to the dog. That it was the strange girl from earlier didn't really make him feel much better, "What are you doing as a dog?" The rabbit gave a small awkward laugh, "Well, guess you can't really answer that. Um..."

Suddenly he frowned, looking at the boy he was steading, "How do you know that's Inumisha?"

Anonymous

As Jovan slid an arm around him, Lys threw a grateful look to the boy.  "I'll be alright.  It's just...her magic doesn't work well with me."  He shook his head, trying to chase away the lingering ache.  "I can tell it's her. She feels the same as Inumisha, the voice matches.  She's gotta change back somehow, her telepathy is giving me a headache.  Demon magic hurts... me."  He'd changed track mid-sentence, inwardly cringing at how close he was getting to the topic of what he was.

Lysael heard her loud and clear this time.  Unfortunately.  Demon's magic, like telepathy, did not do well with unicorns.  He grabbed Jovan's shoulder, trying to keep himself upright.  If the first time had been like being yelled at from far away, this time was like being screamed at by someone standing right in front of him.  Comprehension came easily, but the force of the magic was so much greater.  His head hurt, like having a bad headache.

"Inu, please stop...you're hurting me."  The last bit came out more as a whimper than anything else, and Lysael did not care, so long as she stopped and found another way to communicate.  It might have been easier if he just said he was a unicorn, and demon magic, any kind of demon magic, hurt.  But then they'd ask why he didn't have a horn.  'I killed a man with it, and it broke.' Yeah.  That'd go over well.

So Lys settled for leaning on Jovan's shoulder and waiting for the world to stop tilting and spinning.  Might help if he told Mara what Inumisha needed.  Then she'd be back to talking normally, and not giving him a headache that made him want to just lay down and sleep until his vision uncrossed.  Ugh. "Mara...She needs clothes.  And somewhere private to change."  Yes, far away from him, because Light knew, Lys never wanted to see a naked body again, no matter how long he lived.

Mara nodded.  "Alright.  I'm sure we can borrow a room when we find an inn to stop for breakfast at.  I've got a few extra dresses in my pack."  She glanced at Inumisha.  "I'm pretty sure we're about the same size."

Anonymous

Inumisha nodded. Then she took off. When she came bck she had herbs on her muzzle lightly tied down. Looking up at lys apologeticaly, she nudged his leg. Using telepethy one last time she said. "Here, this'll help ease the pain.Inumisha gave the same puppy dog smile.

Anonymous

Regardless of the reason, Jovan was always happy when attractive people clung to him. So he was more then happy to keep supporting Lysael, "Hey, it's alright. While the girls see about changing Inumisha back, why don't we get you some food?"

He gave Mara an apologetic smile, "I would say you should take him, but I don't think it's quite as proper for me to help Inumisha change back. And I know my dresses wouldn't fit her." His grin widened and he winked at her, "But I shall promise to make up for my ignoring ya with dinner. Maybe a few candles."

When the demon returned with herbs on tied to her nose, Jovan eyed them warily, "Um, what are those? How did you get them? And how did they get tied to your nose?"

Something about the girl just didn't seem to add up. And it made him uneasy. His grip tightened around Lysael and he was now regretting his suggestion to leave Mara alone with the dog.

"Maybe we should make sure Inumisha gets some privacy at the inn. I'm sure it's a bit awkward changing forms. And I'm sure Lysael would prefer Mara's company over mine..."

Anonymous

Lysael closed his slowly, grateful that he could at least get a break from the way his vision was crossing that way.  It made his balance a little worse, though, so he shifted his grip on Jovan, wrapping his arm around the other male's shoulders, hoping he wouldn't mind.  And getting breakfast sounded great.  If he could just keep his balance until they got there.  Of course, with his eyes closed, he didn't see the way Mara just grinned at the way he was clinging to Jovan.

When Inumisha came back, with a bundle of herbs, Lys shook his head, then winced and clung tighter to Jovan when she spoke.  He didn't take herbal remedies, no matter who fixed them.  For the ten years he'd had his magic, he'd relied on it so extensively that trusting anyone else to help him with recovering was extremely difficult.  Besides, he just needed to rest and he'd be fine.  "I just...need to rest somewhere quiet.  ...Just leave me be."

When Jovan made the comment about him preferring Mara's company over his, Lysael tightened his grip.  He was just fine with Jovan.  Somehow, he'd stopped minding the rabbit's company.  The flirting he was still not sure about, but he certainly didn't feel uneasy around him.

Mara sighed.  They were all getting worked up over this, herself included.  She didn't like the effect Inumisha's telepathy was having on Lysael.  "Alright, wait.  Let's just get to the inn, so Inumisha can change back.  We can ask questions and get answers then."  She walked over to the demon dog, and patted her head.  "Let's go."

Anonymous

Inumisha hung her head as she walked, causing the fresh herbs to fall to the ground. Her white tail was no longer wagging...Instead, it just hung there...She felt bad that her telepathy hurt him. This made her want to change into a human...permanently. She then wouldnt beable to hurt anyone.
As they were walking, the inn slowly came into sight. But Inumisha was still debating on what to do. She did look a hell of alot prettier in her human form....But shed lose all her powers...She could change herself human, and still beable to turn into a white dog that looked like a wolf....but that would be all...she'd have no powers. Maby shed tell Mara to see what she thought.....Yeah....Maby