Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A break in monotony, perhaps?

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2008, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((OOC: Please do.  The more, the merrier.))

Lysael just leaned a little bit more against Jovan, not even blinking as the rabbit wrapped an arm around his shoulders.  That little story only reinforced the belief that demons were bad news, and not to be hung around.  And he'd never heard of anyone with the power to bring back the dead.  It wasn't natural.  He shuddered.

Mara was silent for a moment.  Yeah, some of that sounded pretty personal.  And then there was the whole 'I was dead' thing.  She was beginning to feel like she was in one of those crazy stories her father used to tell.  Oh boy...

Directing her attention to the owner, she smiled politely, if a little tiredly.  "Whatever's being served, sir.  I'm not picky.  Um...Lys is vegetarian, anything without meat or eggs is fine for him."  She glanced over at said teen...he really looked worn out.

Anonymous

Ryu frowned more. "I do apologyze." Then, without a word or somthing to tell Inumisha, he left the inn...
Inumisha watched Ryu leave the inn. She had a small urge to go after him, but she was afraid. Tears rolled down her face. She didn't know why she was crying like this....after all, she wanted Ryu alive for so long. Deciding to eat, Inumisha left the room. 'I'll just ome back in here to eat...Maby a warm drink of sake as well.' She thought.
Leaving the room, she stood next to Mara and waited for the person to finish taking the other orders. Inumisha didn't even attempt to glance over at them. They were probably mad at her. With good reason.

Anonymous

The owner finished the orders and vanished off into the kitchen. Joven began absently playing with the ends of Lysael's hair. He rested his head against Mara's shoulder, "Do you understand what just happened?"

The strange, rude man had left. Though he was still confused as to what in the nine hells had just happened. And he wasn't sure he really wanted to know.

When Inumisha returned and stood next to Mara, the rabbit didn't say anything at first. He wasn't sure what she was going to do and he didn't want to set her off.

Anonymous

Lysael didn't even blink as Jovan started messing with his hair.  He was far too comfortable leaning against the rabbit to object to his actions.  And, after Ryu left, Lys just let his eyes drift shut and shrugged.  He wasn't even going to try to understand what was going on. "Nope..."

At least his head wasn't aching as much.  Thank the Light for his rapid healing.  Though...he still wouldn't have minded crawling back into bed for a few hours.

Mara just shook her head, smiling faintly when Jovan leaned against her again.  "I don't understand either.  That story...it sounds like those wild tales my father used to tell in the taverns."  She brushed a lock of brown hair out of her face, and sighed.  "Maybe things will make more sense once we've eaten?"

Anonymous

Inumisha was talked to by another person, asking what she'd like. Inumisha qiuckly replied. "Tofu, habachi, white rice, and some sake please." The woman nodded and quicky took her order to be made.  Now, all Inumisha had to do was wait for her food.

Anonymous

At Inumisha's order, Jovan looked rather puzzled. He had never even heard of most of that food. But it probably went with the girl's odd style of dress.

He felt quite happy, curled up between Mara and Lysael. It was very relaxing. And Lysael had soft hair, "Today sounds like some drunkin' story from a tavern. Maybe today is one of those best spent in bed days."

Anonymous

Lysael chuckled at Jovan's drunken tale comment.  That sounded about right.  And the comment about just spending the day in bed sounded pretty good too.  All the weirdness and stress had worn him out.  And his head still ached, and he didn't feel like dealing with more people today.  "I wouldn't mind spending the rest of the day in bed.  Don't wanna deal with anything else today."

Mara rolled her eyes at the two boys.  "Well, you two can spend the rest of the bed.  I'm checking out the marketplace after I eat."  She kind of hoped Jovan would stay with Lysael.  She was a little surprised at how quickly the teen had gotten used to the rabbit, but if he was fine with Jovan's attention, then Mara hoped they'd become friends.  Lysael could certainly use another friend.

Not that she minded Jovan's flirting or anything.

Anonymous

Inumisha's order came to her, and she took it back to the room. Since Inumisha was from japan, she decided to order her favorite meal. It always seemed to calm her down.

Anonymous

Jovan grinned up at Mara, "Well, I suppose I'll just have to content myself with having dinner with you." He couldn't help it. He enjoyed flirting with both of them far to much to not.

His fingers moved from Lysael's hair to scratch the back of his neck, "So, does that mean you want to go to bed with me lovely? I normally like to at least go on one date first."

Chuckling he slid his hand up to scratch along the back of Lysael's head, "Though I'm not sure I could actually sleep after all the excitement this morning. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of painting though. As I have two rather lovely subjects with me."

Anonymous

Mara smiled and shook her head, laughing softly.  He was certainly quite the flirt.  "Well...I suppose I'll take you up on that offer."  Noticing Inumisha leaving, she sighed.  Hopefully everything would be alright with her.

Lysael was already half asleep, feeling rather relaxed with Jovan and Mara.  And the way the rabbit was scratching along his neck and head was nice.  Kinda soothing, too.  It was surprising, really, how the anti-social teen, who usually ran away screaming when men got touchy like this, was just leaning against Jovan and enjoying this attention.  Almost as if he was asleep.

But he wasn't.  And even so, it took a few seconds for Jovan's words to sink in.  The teen sat bolt upright, gracing Jovan with the most shocked look he could muster.  "Wh-WHAT?!"  And his blush had returned.  With a vengeance.  As evidenced by the fact that he was now practically glowing red.

Oddly enough, he wasn't at all scared or anything.  Just...shocked.  He'd meant going to bed and sleeping.  Not...that.

Anonymous

Jovan couldn't help laughing at the boy's response. The teen never seemed to disappoint him, "Relax. I was just teasing you." He grinned at him, "Unless you want too. Then I might be able to be talked into it."

He snuggled closer to Mara, still grinning wildly, "Is he always this fun to tease?"

Anonymous

Lysael wasn't too happy, being flirted with was one thing, but this...being teased like this just irritated him.  He slouched little, no longer leaning on Jovan. ...Wait, what?  Lys turned suddenly, glaring at the rabbit.  "I am not interested.  What do you think I am, some kind of whore?"  He growled, and scooted away from the other boy.  

Lys was good and pissed now.  Mostly at himself.  He hated it when his temper got the best of him.  He knew, really, that Jovan hadn't meant it that way, but no, he had to go and snap at the rabbit anyway.  Great.  There went his chance at actually having a good day.  And his chance at actually finding another friend.  Just great.  

Mara giggled as Jovan snuggled against her.  And if Lysael hadn't exploded at that moment, she might have joined in the teasing.  As it was, she straightened up and peered around Jovan at the teen.  She'd seen him snap like this before...and he would go stomping out, only to return hours or even days later.  But...Lys hadn't moved at all after he'd scooted away.

Rather, he was just sitting there, staring at the tabletop.  She sighed.  And the morning had just started going well again, too.

Anonymous

Jovan blinked at the boy's response, "Hey now. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He leaned forward, his expression concerned, "I didn't mean to cross a line. I apologize."

The artist just hoped that it was an easily backtrackable boundry crossing. He didn't want to teenager to stay mad at him.

"And I in no way think you're a whore, slut, tramp, trollop, ect."

Anonymous

Lysael slouched a little more as Jovan started talking.  He really felt guilty for exploding like that.  This was why he didn't let people get so close to him.  His temper flared at the worst of times, and he'd feel horribly guilty about it, sometimes even when they'd deserved it.

And Jovan didn't mean it.  Lys knew that.  Ugh.  And he wanted so badly to just scoot back over and lean against Jovan again, but now he felt so awkward and embarrassed by his own behavior.  The teen let out a sigh, and whispered quietly, "'m sorry."

Mara was kind of surprised.  Usually Lys would have left by now, but he was still sitting there.  Well...maybe everything would settle back down.

Anonymous

The rabbit reached over, hesitantly scratching at the back of Lysael's head again. The teenager seemed less angry, but Jovan didn't want to push it. He just gave him a lopsided grin, "Hey, nothing to apologize for. My fault."

The scratching got a bit faster, ruffling the back of his hair, "Forgive me?"

Anonymous

He still felt too awkward to scoot back over...it was as if his butt had frozen to the bench.  But Lys leaned into the touch, his eyes sliding shut as he relaxed some.  He just wanted to go back to leaning on Jovan, enjoying the rabbit's company, and forget this little incident.  "Yeah."  The teen's voice was so quiet, still embarrassed over the fuss, but now...he was beginning to relax.  And of course he forgave Jovan.

Anonymous

"Good!" Jovan kept scratching Lysael's hair. It was rather relaxing sitting like this. He smiled over at Mara, giving her a wink.

The owner choose that moment to return with their breakfast. It was a rather simple inn, and the food was equally simple. Oatmeal for the vegetarians and fried ham with eggs for Mara.

Despite the simple fare, Jovan was thrilled. He was starving. He moved his hand away from Lysael's hair and grabbed a spoon, "Finally!" His nose twitched in excitement, inhaling the warm scent before he dug in.

Anonymous

He'd hoped for some fruit.  But at this point, Lysael was simply happy to have some breakfast, finally.  And he also seemed to have come unstuck from the bench, as he scooted back over to Jovan before digging in.

Mara smiled as Jovan winked at her, glad that Lys had settled down.  She thanked the owner as he brought their food, and then she too, dug in.  And after this...the marketplace.  She was looking forward to poking around there, and maybe finding a little something for herself.  She just hoped Lys and Jovan continued to get along.

Anonymous

If Jovan had his way, they would continue getting along. It was rather relaxing and nice to be around Mara and Lysael. He was planning on sticking with them until they got tired of him.

Their company even made mediocre porridge appealing. In between bites he turned his attention to Mara, "What were you planning on getting at the Market?"

When Lysael moved closer, Jovan shifted his weight, his leg moving to press against Lysael's, enjoying the contact.

Anonymous

Pausing for a moment, Mara shrugged.  "I kinda just wanted to check out the marketplace.  We only got here yesterday, and this is my first time in Ketra."  She smiled at him.  "I wouldn't mind getting something pretty for myself, though."

Lysael wasn't particularly interested in the marketplace himself.  He'd been through Ketra before.  And he wasn't too keen on following Mara around for hours while she explored the market.  The teen let out a quiet yawn, blushing a little as he did so.  He wasn't that tired, really.

A quick look around the room brought something else to his attention.  Where had Inumisha crept off to?  After all the fuss, Lys hadn't really expected her to disappear.