Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Chance Meeting (forgerofsouls)

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2009, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Adamarcus had found his wanderings taking him towards Ketra. He figured it was as good a place as any. Mal was off to search for Ghost in other places of the world and hopefully she would be much more successful than her predecessors. At least that was one worry of his mind. He was no longer the only one searching for the woman of white. Not like him looking for her did any good anyways. Thanks to Anaisyn he wouldn't have been able to see Ghost if she was right in front of him. Stupid god of light. Why wouldn't he just give up? As soon as Ghost was found and killed he'd be destroyed anyways, so why not just give up?

He walked into town about the middle of the afternoon. It was fairly busy with people bustling here and there. Adamarcus always got stares from most of the people he passed. He was use to it and ignored it. It didn't matter what these peasants thought of him. If they wouldn't him to leave they would find him a most disagreeable person indeed, for no one but Dyscadeus could tell him what to do and live to tell about it. By this time he was hungry and a bit on the thirsty side so he found a better inn that served food and went in.

The dining area wasn't too crowded and it was fairly clean, so he took a seat at the bar. "Your hottest plate and some ale." He said to the bar keep. The barrel chested man looked suspiciously at him, but then turned to get what he wanted. Sometimes Adamarcus missed the taste of water, but it was a small thing to give up to have what he has now. The bar keep came back with a bowl of stew and a tankard of ale. Adamarcus threw the man a bit of money for it and the started to dig in. Perhaps he would find more help in the little town before he headed on.

Anonymous

No matter where one went there were places that one wouldn't want to go to.  Mostly bars that have a bad reputation for "dealings".  The inn, while clean and nice looking, was one of those places.  The few people in the bar where not common criminals, they were the type that operated in secret, perfoming profound crimes that would have them executed if the law found out.  As it turns out, the only way to be a barkeep for the inn was to actually be one of those types of criminals that dealt with information gathering.  And many times, these barkeeps would also have jobs available to mercanaries and sellswords, typically these jobs were the type that only the lowest of the low would do.  Something that would make even your typical hardened criminal not want to do.  Just so happens that this particular barkeep had actually just recently given out a job that...well...no one would want to do unless they were pure evil.  And the one that took the job?  Some one that made your typical evil person look like an angel.

She entered the bar, and at once most of the guys immediately stared at her, not glaring, instead staring lustfully at her.  She stood only five feet tall, and from how skiny she looked at most a mere 70lbs.  Even though was lithe and petit as she was, her curves fit her well.  Her blonde hair and bright blue eyes with that body of hers made most men fall head over heels at the mere sight of her.  Especially considering she wore a rather revealing tight black dress.  She hid nothing, and knew it.  It was as if she was tempting the men on purpose.

She walked up to the bar and in a seductive way sat on a stool and motioned for the barkeep to come over.  He nodded and walked over to her.  The woman placed a small rather empty looking plain brown leather bag on the bar top in front of her.  The barkeep opened it up and dumped a small silver ring into his palm.  He glanced it over garefully as if looking for something.  Nodding in satisfaction he reached in his pocket a took out a larger bag, obviously full of money or gems and handed over to her.  "Always a pleasure doing business with you Minasa.  Don't know how you do it, and truthly, I don't want to know how you do it.  But you came through again.  Unforntunately there are no new jobs available."  The barkeep told her in a low tone, not a whisper but not loud either.

Minasa smiled at him, a very seductive smile, that if it weren't for the fact that the man was completely emotionless might have made him go wild with desire.  "You know me, one rich dick and twenty guards?  My kind of game of cat and mouse.  To bad about the lack of jobs, but thats ok, Deandle and Uther got a big one with some very powerful people.  Expect a war to come from that success."  She said licking her lips, in a seductive matter, at this point it would be obvious to anyone that she did that on purpose when dealing with men.  And all the time while talking on of the men in the room that had been watching had approached her from behind.  He did nothing but wait.

Then she turned around and looked up at him.  "Move it or die shrimp, I'm not interested in you."  She said to the man.  He stood a little over six feet tall and was uglier than sin.  He was deffiently not someone that Minasa, with all her seductive training included, would want to be near.  And yet he was next to her no more than one foot away from her.  He reached down and picked her up and brought her face next to his, her face immediatly turned from seductive to cruel looking.  "Ah, come on, just one kiss doll!"  He said as he persed his lips and went in for a kiss.

"Sure thing corpse."  She said coldly, and the next second they were interlocked in a deep kiss, she wrapped her hands behind his head, pinning his lips to her.  Within seconds the man started struggling, pushing with all his might to get her away from him, but to no avail, he just wasn't strong enough to get her off him.  Then suddenly she released him, and as he fell back a strange blue vapor could be seen being sucked into Minasa's mouth, it came from the man's own mouth, and soon none came from him.  He landed with a loud thud on the floor, his eyes rolled into the back of his head, foam coming from his mouth, his chest not rising or falling.  He was dead.  The barkeep just shock his head.  "Clean up!"  He yelled into the back room.  Minasa slowly floated to the floor and once landed started to fix herself, making sure she looked better than what she felt.  "Worse breath than anyone elses so far."  Minasa mumured with her sweet delicate seductive voice.

Anonymous

Adamarcus didn't so much notice the entrance of the small attractive woman as he noticed that more than half the occupants seemed to be intrigued with something. He turned in time to notice the beautiful woman in black sit down at the bar a few seats away from him. Adamarcus wasn't a nosy man for the most part, he preferred to keep to himself and preferred others to do the same. On this occasion however he couldn't help but over hear a bit of the bar keep and the woman's conversation. 'A sword for hire.' He thought to himself and became a bit more intrigued.

He watched with pure amusement as a big boy came up wanting some of the seductive woman's attention. A huge grin crossed his face as the woman appeared to give the man what he wanted, but it quickly turned into the man's worst nightmare. Then in a show of horror the man fell with a thud onto the floor, dead. This was a most intriguing woman indeed. Where most in the room seemed a bit scared or surprised or indifferent, Adamarcus looked at this small woman with appreciation.

He wiped his mouth and laid his napkin down next to his plate. Then he started clapping his hands together and started laughing somewhat maliciously. This got the attention of most in the room, but the only person's attention he cared about was the woman in black. "Wonderful show darling. Very well played. It has been a long time indeed since I have been so amused by someone's actions other than mine. May I speak to you in private, I believe I may have a job for you." He said to her in his most charismatic voice. Adamarcus, though obviously demon in nature, was not an unattractive man. He hoped that woman would be interested in what job he had to offer.

Anonymous

Minasa wasn't normally the type to show off in front of others, but what had happened had happened.  Still, a small bit of satisfaction crept into the woman's mind when she started hearing someone clapping acompanied by laughter that had a hint of maliciousness in it.  Minasa couldn't help but glance at the obviously demonic man, not only in looks, but from what minasa could tell from his words, perhaps in thought to.  And he was even offering a job to her.

"A job you say?  Well, until Deandle and Uther call for me I have free time.  I guess if I find this job you are offering amusing I could do it."  She said with a smile.  She then turned to the barkeep.  "No one had better been in my room while I was gone, or else I will find out who they were, and than...well....you know.  And punishment will fall on you to."  She said in a somewhat cold and yet seductive voice while pointing to the corpse that was now being dragged away by one of the inn's workers into the back for...well...most likely it would be burned or something.  Turning back to Adamarcus she looked into his eyes, her eyes, though beautiful, held a cold evil cunning that only demons and devils could have.  "We can use my room if you want.  No one dares even go in there while I'm out.  For they know that a paladin of Tiliousfilanatai, the goddess of disaster, is rather...vengful...and while I'm here?  They don't go near it."  She said with a wicked smile and gleam to her eyes.

Indeed, while not many knew of Tiliousfilanatai, the goddess of disaster, they did know of Minasa's tendancies to extract revenge.  Revenge for even the slightest of intrusions into her rooms.  Even for cleaning purposes.  To many cleaners in the inns she stayed out have turned out dead, just for opening her room and making her room's bed, or dusting, or anything.  Even for disturbing her while she prayed.  And mostly...she tormented her prey even in the afterlife.  For despite her human appearances, she was 100% demon.  And she loved to cause pain and suffering.

Anonymous

"That would be fine. I would rather unworthy ears not hear what I have to say." Adamarcus replied, looking around at the other people in the room. He watched with grim amusement as the corpse was dragged outside to be food for whatever stray animal happened by him. Unless of course someone actually bothered to bury him, but he doubted that the man had many friends. Oh well, another soul for Dyscadeus to have fun with.

He stood up from his stool and downed the rest of his ale. "I will follow you m'lady." He said in a very gentleman like tone, though the demogan was anything but a gentleman. "A paladin of Tiliousfilanatai you say? Believe it or not the name is familiar though I'm not too familiar with her work mind you. Goddess of disaster, sounds like a fun goddess. You should tell me more about her sometime and I could tell you about my goddess, Dyscadeus the goddess of tyranny and war. After though we speak of business."

Adamarcus wasn't horribly familiar with the other more evil gods and goddesses of the world. Dyscadeus had spoke to him about a few of them long long ago after his transformation from a human to a dragon/demon mix. That conversation seemed liked forever ago. "So it seems like you have quite the touch with the people here. I'm guessing you are a regular?"

Anonymous

If Adamarcus had bothered to ask what the strange blue vapor was, he would have found out that it was the soul of man.  Dyscadeus would not be having that soul, instead, it was destroyed, feuling Minasa.  Minasa started to walk up the nearest set of stairs.  Looking back she gave Adamarcus a rather peculiar look, a look of questioning and seductivness.  Of course, witht he way she was, just about anything she did would come off as seductive is she even put the slightess effort into it.  "You say that you follow Dyscadeus and yet you know not her allies?  The two actually are allies in many things.  After all, you never want to have the goddess of disaster to be your enemy.  Having the goddess of disaster on your side means bad things for your enemies.  Remeber that, otherwise, you invite disaster onto yourself."  She said smiling.

Soon they stood outside a door.  A simple wooden door.  She procured a key from...somewhere.  Where she had it on her body was a mystery, for only she knew where it was.  She inserted it into the keyhole and turned it.  There was a click and the door opened.  The room itself, unlike Minasa, was rather dull to look at.  Nothing much in the room except a rather plain bed, wooden desk and chair.  Though in one corner was an armor stand.  And on the stand itself was a black colored full plate armor.  Obviously due to its size it was hers.  Unlike most full plate armor which is not designed to fit the contours of the one wearing it, he armor would show off her curves.  And next to the armor was a black claymore.  She stepped inside the room.  And turned to Adamarcus.  "Welcome to my palor..."  She said with an evil seductive smile as she beckoned him in.

"And please do shut the door behind you when you do finally get in."  She said as she went over to the armor.  On the floor not immediatly noticeable was a black backpack.  She opened it up and took out what was obviously padding for the armor, to keep it from harming her with its metal edges.  Once Adamarcus had shut the door she immedtially took off her dress, raising it over her head.  Her back was to Adamarcus, and it was obvious the she had been wearing nothing underneath the dress the whole time, or even that she cared that Adamarcus was in the room with her.  Needless to say, she had a very lovely body.  Once she put the dress down on the bed she picked up the padding and started to put it on, first the pants and than the top and finally the boot padding and glove padding.  Once she was finished she sat down on the bed.  She turned to face Adamarcus.  "There, now that I'm more comfortable, how about you tell me about this job?"  She said smiling her seductive smile.

Anonymous

"No, it would not be a good idea to be on her bad side. I like a bit of disaster every now and then, but a lot of it is too much. Dyscadeus is a bit of a jealous goddess. She doesn't really care for me to have much contact with anyone other god. Whether or not she is allies with them is irrelevant to her." He had learned this the hard way when he had first became demogan. Dyscadeus was first teaching him about which gods and goddesses was a part of her allies. He had never realized how many evil deities there were, so he thought it would be a good idea to acknowledge some of them. He was wrong. Dyscadeus severely punished him for it. He never did it again.

He followed her to her room and shut the door. Adamarcus admired the suit of armor and the claymore, they were certainly very well made. He also admired Minasa, but he was a man with a lot of will power and managed not to drool all over himself. He gave her a small wicked smile that she probably didn't see when she asked about the job. "Well, it's a very simple job. I need you to help me locate a person. I know this may seem like a very simple job not worth your time, but this person is wanted dead by Dyscadeus herself. I, unfortunately cannot see her, for she is kept hidden from me by her god, Anaisyn. So you can see where my perdicament is."

Anonymous

Minasa smiled when she heard what Adamarcus had said about not being able to be in contact with other gods.  It was true, gods and goddesses, in particular the evil ones, did not really allow their personal favorites to contact or acknowledge them.  As a paladin of Tiliousfilanatai she had been instructed in this.  So she understood where Adamarcus was coming from.  As for Tiliousfilanatai?  As long as Minasa didn't worship another god or goddess, or even pray to them in any fashion, contact was allowed only if it was business related.  And if Adamarcus was telling the truth, then even Tiliousfilanatai would be able to tolorate Minasa working for Dyscadeus.

But the name of the god, Anaisyn, struck her as something she should know.  Yes, that was it, Anaisyn was an enemy of Tiliousfilanatai.  And with the help of a few other evil dieties and their followers Anaisyn's followers were wiped out.  Or so that was what Minasa was told.  But, apperently there was still one alive.  But still, business was that, business.  There would have to be something in it for her and her god if Minasa wanted to take up this job.  If Dyscadeus wanted a woman, a follower of what should have been a dead god, dead, than there was some more to the story.  Or, atleast about this woman he was searching for.

"Interesting.  Tell me more about this person your goddess wants dead."  She asked as she stood up and turned to face Adamarcus.  "And tell me what this job pays.  For as far as I can tell, killing this woman will benefit many a diety.  Which would mean that a simple job like this isn't precisly that simple, especially if the god Anaisyn himself protects her.  For what if he detects those that you send out to search for this woman?  And he makes her invisible to them as well?  Ever thought about that?  Or how about this?  Does she have friends that might try to interfer?"  She asked and waited, her questions were very realistic question, and concerns.

Anonymous

Adamarcus smiled wickedly. This one was smart, very smart, and the fact that she worshiped a goddess that was always an enemy of Anaisyn worked in his favor. From what he had gathered from Dyscadeus herself, there was a handful of other evil gods and goddesses that were trying to wipe Anaisyn out of existence. Apparently he was one of the most powerful of the good gods and therefore one of the biggest threats. It was most advantageous that he came to this town and this tavern, probably the work of Dyscadeus herself, so he sent her a thankful prayer and gratitude.

"You ask many a good question." He stated, for indeed he had had a problem with Anaisyn finding out who his hired hands were and keeping his prey from them. "Her name is Ghost, well that's what she goes by now and is the only important name needed. She is a white woman with bright violet eyes and a very peaceful demeanor. Here's the funny thing. Many years ago, when the great slaughter of Anaisyn's people was executed, Ghost was not amongst the followers. She was on a ship out in the Tuor Ocean. I was sent there by Dyscadeus to take care of her, the last follower. However as I was about to kill her, she dove into the water. I could not follow for water is like fire to me. Something happened to her, what I don't know or care, but she has amnesia and does not remember her past life. Hell, she barely even remembers Anaisyn. Now she travels everywhere spreading his word and gathering more followers. So far she hasn't managed to convert many and most that she has I have killed. But Anaisyn has concentrated all of his power on her, though she does not realize it. She doesn't even know she is being hunted." He explained to her.

"Ghost is probably much more powerful than even she realizes, which is lucky for me. For if she discovered her untapped powers I doubt any of us would be able to kill her. Luckily she does not have any friends that I know of, she mainly travels alone. The tricky part is trying to kill her when Anaisyn is not fully concentrated on her. As for a reward. My mistress will grant you whatever your heart's desire is. She is very anxious to have this thorn eradicated from the earth and finally not have to worry about Anaisyn any longer and she realizes what a difficult job it is going to be. Hopefully Anaisyn will not realize that you are working for me, otherwise we will have to use an alternative to kill her. I do have another assassin looking for her as we speak, though she is not to kill her." He hoped that his explanation answered her questions well enough.

Anonymous

(ooc: Sorry for the long wait..)
ic:
Minasa listend closely to what Adamarcus said, taking in the words closely.  What he described something very difficult, this would not be an easy job.  If anything, while she would be able to capture Ghost, she didn't think she would be able to find her by herself, but she guessed thats where the other he mentioned came in.  After Adamarcus finished Minasa stayed quiet thinking about was said.  And his goddess would grant her her heart's desire?  She doubted that, after all, there was her own goddess to think about.  But still, since both goddesses wanted Anaisyn dead, and the way to do this was to kill this Ghost, than maybe her own goddess would reward her?  She didn't know, but figured in due course, and a prayer, she would find out.

But, still, something nagged at her mind about his story.  Than she though about it.  And the more she thought about it, the more she realized the depths that their enemy god was going to protect Ghost, or at least she figured it might be the case.  "Not to kill her but capture her, an elusive ghost that your eyes cannot see.  And yet her death would be all thats required.  Now why is that?"  Minasa asked out loud, a inquisitive look on her face as she looked at Adamarcus.  But, like all males, he was an open book to her.  She already knew the answer, he wanted her to suffer, in the most terrible way he could possibly make her suffer.

Acting as if she never asked that question she continued.  "You say she gained amnesia from diving into water?  Something tells me that she that because she had a way to make it to safty by swimming, otherwise she might not have done that for it would have been to reckless.  I wonder?  How much do you want to bet that her amnesia is actually caused by Anaisyn?"  She said smiling coldly.  "Heres my reasoning.  From how you describe her, the attack would have caused her to actually most likely have a mental breakdown, making it easier for her to be tracked down and killed.  A god that loves his followers, as Anaisyn is, would require him to protect her.  Also, if she didn't have the mental breakdown, she would have remembered the event on the boat, this could have caused her to do many other things that would have made it easier for you to find her and kill her.  So, Anaisyn hid the truth from her, to protect her from you in ways that you couldn't think possible.  By doing so, she would be able to travel around, doing what he wants her to do happily, never having to look behind her searching for the knife in the dark.  This would allow her to do two things, be happy and convert people, and to travel freely without worry ab out being caught."  She finished smiling coldly.

"But enough thinking about that, you got my interest, you got yourself a sword."  She said.  Her smile full of menace at the thought of killing a god.