Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Not a Circus! It's a Hostage Situation! [Open!]

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2009, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She'd heard about the circus coming around, a new one that promised glimpses of rare and exotic creatures. Being how she was, Sophia couldn't convince herself to keep away and now found herself staring across the bars of a cage at a one of said creatures. It was beautiful, some sort of crazily colored wolf or uniquely patterned dog -she could not tell specifics- with a pair of dark eyes staring back at her. Animals like this were what drove her business, but they were also what killed her inside.

She pitied creatures who became trapped and forced into uncomfortable situations like this one had, almost all spirit and hope gone from its eyes. For all the caring in her heart, though, she knew that they would be better off in the hands of at least someone who might give a damn about them. Turning on her heel, she walked away from the animal and circled around the main camp where people were sure to be. Passing her herd as they stayed hidden among the shadows, she smiled to herself as she silently praised them for remaining quiet for her.

Such an operation could not go on without an owner, Sophia was sure, and she took it upon herself to ask around the grounds to locate such an individual. When she finally managed to locate him, a rather normal-looking fellow with a sinister gleam in his eye, she settled a frown upon her features as she began to speak, "That animal over there...that wolf...how much would you like for it?" The man, surprised that she wanted to discuss the purchase of one of his stock, cleared his throat as he whipped his head around to find the one which the girl spoke of.

"That thing? No way you could buy something like that...you can hardly keep good clothes on your back if you really do have money. A creature like that needs proper care and attention...if you can't give those things for yourself then what makes you think I'd hand over a beautiful thing like that?" The man grinned at her, turning to walk away before Sophia grabbed his arm.

"Wait just a minute! Who are you to judge my--" She stopped, finding a short knife pointing straight in her face. Gulping at the clear warning, she turned and scrambled through the brush towards her horses. Sighing, she leaned against the belly of one of the plain, chestnut mares as she gazed through the branches at the circus grounds were numerous animals sat in their cages, awaiting their evening of work. There has to be something I can do, I can't just leave! she thought frantically.

ooc: I think I need to update her profile, I'm not sure if I ever put it in but she always keeps a small herd of horses with her for both training and sale purposes, so if that wasn't in her profile here's the note. =)

EDIT NOTE: This thread is open now to anyone who is interested! It's been sitting for...something like 7 months XD Anyway, I may bring Masika in depending on if she'll fit with the situation so...yeah.

Anonymous

Watching over the trade stall's making sure that any of the owners weren't being harassed by bothersome customers. Considering her predicament, growing tits and a train wreck of hormone's it felt good for once.

Doing an honest persons work once in awhile, kind of exiting since you got to meet new people and watch all their weird animals. Take  this girl for example. Undoubtedly older than her yet honest trough and trough. Or at least she looked the part. Like her father said often. "It ain't the buggers that look untrusting that you're supposed to look out for."

Concerned for an animal's well being so much it had taken a knife to make her back down. She was probably going to get scolded for not having dragged her off him before the knife had been necessary.

"He was right wasn't he? Supposed you brought the beast how would you picture the next day when you actually have to take care of it in addition to pitying it?" Offering her a strip of sea leaf. It was giving her breath that hint of seawater when she spoke.

"Light some dry leaf in honor of it or something. That's life and whatnot. Fucking saint, that's what you are. Go treat yourself once in awhile too. ya kno?"

Anonymous

Sophia stood there a disgruntled soul, unaware of someone approaching her until she was spoken to. Of course, what was said to her was not something she wanted to hear, that that man was right about her. Sighing and waving away the leaf the other offered her, she turned her head around to face her. "Look I...I know it doesn't look it, but I usually do so much better and I just wanted to help the thing," she said, her voice soft for the disappointment she felt. Even though she didn't want to admit it straight out, the words spoken to her really struck a chord within, reminding her of how little she ever did for herself and herself alone.

After a good bit of silence she finally smiled, turning to look to the horse she stood beside. "Maybe I can't always do everything, right?" She reached out then to stroke the shiny chestnut coat. "Perhaps another time...maybe when I've gotten everything a bit more secure..." Glancing over she then said. "I'm Sophia, by the way...what's your name? ...and where did you come from? Over there?"

Anonymous

William Arrownome and his two animals were walking around looking at the stalls.  Will resisted his urge for now and made his way to what he thought to be the center of the stall area.  He looked up at the sun's position, it was almost at the center of the sky so he started scoping out a place to start.  There were plenty of stalls some made of wood, others tent-like.

He saw a man hold a knife to some woman's face but the moment passed quickly and he dismissed it just as fast.  He didn't need to concern himself with matters like that, he had business to attend to.  He found the starting place and fished out a bag from his horse's saddle.  He placed it infront of his pig, it's meaning would be clear in a moment.  Will hopped up to stand on his horse's saddle, some people glaced at him, others didn't care.  He looked around the area and smiled as he formulated the plan.  

Will turned around and jumped off his horse's saddle, landing on the roof of a stall.  The owner glanced up at him and yelled to get down.  Will bowed in response and jumped a large gap, landing on another wooden stall roof.  People started to watch him as he danced and jumped around on the tops and stalls, and used some tent stalls as trampolines, sometimes when he jumped he would become a black silouette with the sun behind him making his performance even more dazzling.  He started to gather the attention of many people and a small sum of coins found their way into the bag infront of his pig.