Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A night at the tavern (Juno)

Started by shinigamikitsune, April 19, 2009, 11:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinigamikitsune

It was evening in the city as Cyma came out from his little camp on the outskirts of town. His dark tinted glasses in place to help his vision until night officially fell. He would have liked to stayed at his encampment a little longer, but he had needed to stock up on some supplies before the market stalls had closed for the evening. He'd had time to take those supplies back, and now returned to the city.

Cyma needed to eat, and since this was one of those rare times that he was near a city, he was more then happy to pay for all his meals while in town. To him, money wasn't a nessecity of life. He was able to get along just fine on his own. Though over his many years of life, he'd amassed a very nice amount, that he kept hidden away. It would come in handy once he'd actually found his Destined Mate or Mates, and settled down. But that was the furthest thing from his mind right now.

The furball had scampered off somewhere, though he knew the perverted old fox would turn up at some point in the night.

Once he found a tavern that didn't look to grungey or too high class, he slipped inside. He had to stop a moment in order to allow his sense of smell adjust to the odour that was wafted at him. At least it wasn't as bad as some places. He looked around for an empty table, finding one tucked away in a corner. That would work for now, plus he'd be able to put his back to the wall and observe.

Anonymous

It had been a long day. A fruitful day, but a long one nonetheless. His success of the day gave him a sense of pride and a mind to treat himself, whether it be a meal or just a drink he had not decided yet but he knew at least he would be well-received by the tavern he'd become a regular at lately. Sadly, he'd had to leave his weaponry with the rest of his belongings, if only for the sake of not getting into a fight. Still, he felt a bit uneasy with not even his dagger on his person as he stepped through the front door.

The lighting was nice, he thought, not too dim, and he strode in feeling content. Tonight he'd chosen to wear his usual garb, a pair of loose pants, a sleeveless shirt and of course his boots. Glancing around for a brief moment as he searched for a table, he unfortunately saw none empty and decided instead to go straight to the bar. He took a seat at the very end, in a corner against the wall, and he looked around the strangely silent room; he had never seen such a place so quiet with so many people in it, but most looked fairly occupied with either their meal or low speech with other patrons. He turned and set his elbows on the bar, though, heaving a sigh as he waited for the waitress that was going around to come over.

shinigamikitsune

Cyma still had his hood pulled up, after all it seemed that purple hair and white skin seemed to attract a little more attention then he was wanting at this point. Perhaps once the rest of the patrons were well on their way to being drunk would he pull it down.

He glanced up when the new comer came in. He didn't look all that amazing, though he did notice that the man's movments were different in a subtle way. That was deffinately interesting. Perhaps he'd keep an eye on this one for now.

His attention was distracted when the barmaid came over. He orders raw vegetables and meat, not really caring about the look the woman gives him. He was not going to put up with eating cooked, possibley burnt, meat and end up getting sick later on. It still baffled him how the Surface Worlder's evolved to be able to handle cooked foods over raw ones. To go with this, he also ordered red wine. It was too early in the night to even think about enduring the bitterness of beer.

Anonymous

He took his time in looking about the room to see who might be there. A few faces he recognized but there were quite a lot more that he did not. Sighing, bored of waiting, he slipped his hands into his pockets and stared down at the floor as if it might speak to him if he looked at it long enough. Until the young woman came around to him he stayed like this and even once his order had been placed he reverted back to it with a bored, yet somehow occupied look. That is, until his drink arrived. Dominik was glad for this one glass, a special wine that only a select few patrons were granted the privilege of drinking.

He was content with knowing nobody else might have it, for neither he nor his connections with the tavern knew quite what was in the wine but he had managed to happen on the initial shipment by chance and, thus, gaining first right in its consumption. It was a treat he was more than happy to indulge in whenever he got the chance to come into town. Taking a sip left him with no disappointment and a small smile appeared on his lips, thankful that he would be spared of having one of the business's normal drinks, not to say they were all that bad but he just did not have a taste for them.

After a few moments he began to relax a little, the wine taking the effect he intended it to by letting him forget about most everything around him, until his dinner came, of course. The plate before him was filled with meats of the finest of sorts you could get outside of being nobility. All of the cuts were well-prepared which pleased him greatly; he expected no less from this place in particular and he was sure he would not leave with a regret tonight. He dug in, showing little reserve other than common manners in the way he ate his food due to his nearly desperate hunger for, despite being a skilled hunter, he relied on others greatly to prepare foods since all he knew to get while in the wilds were vegetation. After a little while he set down his utensils, satisfied with what he had eaten from the still heavily burdened plate, Dominik took up his glass again as he turned to look about the room once more.

Since he had arrived the place had steadily become more...drunk, or full of drunks at least. The one thing he did not like was sitting among a room full of occupied people with nobody around to talk to unless he felt like talking with staff. Sighing, he turned to face forward again as he took another sip of wine in a sort of surrender to the contentment associated with being alone in this place.

shinigamikitsune

It wasn't long before his meal arrived, and to his pleasure, nobody had tried to cook the meat. Most likely they thought he was probably some barbarian that was going to cause trouble later on once he became all liquored up. That wouldn't happen though. He might have a very questionable past, but that never reflected on his behavoir in 'civalized' company.

Cyma was a little surprised that the furball hadn't shown up yet, since it wasn't like him to miss a meal. The perverted little fox had probably found a nice pair of boobs to snuggle into for the night. Ah well, it meant more for him and the potential to draw in pleasent company for the night. His meal wasn't eaten with any great hurry, taking the time to enjoy the flavours.

As the other patrons of the bar slipped into the deeper end of drunkeness, Cyma reached up to pull his hood back. He pulled his long purple hair free from the cloak, and allowed it to fall back over his shoulders. His eyes hadn't quite adjusted yet, so the dark tinted glasses stayed in place. Taking a moment, he glanced over the other people around. A frown came to his cream colored lips when most of them appeared to be drunk, or wreaked of something.

It wasn't that he was picky, it was that he had high standards. If you had a heightened sense of smell would you want to spend time around somebody who was filthy, or stunk of some wretched cologne... hello no! Plus being raised the way he was within an elven community, he'd grown to taste for pretty things.

His white eyes finally landed on Dominik once again. The young human didn't seem to be nearly as innibrihated as some of the other people here. Plus it looked as though he might be searching for company as well.

When the barmaid came to collect his plate, he pulled out a small pounch of coin to pay her. There more then enough for the meal and whatever else he should drink tonight, a more then fair tip... plus enough to cover paying for the next round of whatever Dominik was drinking.

Anonymous

He sat in relative peace for a long while, taking up his drink when he saw fit and biding his time in a place that was so familiar to him. After he was finished with his meal he found his plate quickly taken away, what he had expected, but then he had not expected to see another glass of that favorite wine of his to take its place. The serving-lady smiled, winked and then gestured behind him. He turned to see what she was pointing at and immediately he spotted the man with the purple hair that stood out so well from the rest of the drunken occupants. "Nice man there, Dom," she whispered. "Bought you your drink here...you know how expensive it is even for you, hm?" She seemed rather pleased with herself as she walked away again, and Dominik turned around again to look at the glass.

Setting down his nearly empty first and swapping the new one for it in his hand, he took a sip and, sure enough, the wine was exactly what the woman had told him. Pleased, though extremely surprised at the random gesture, he stood, glass in hand, and walked through the room to the table where the man was sitting near the wall. "Excuse me," he called over the too-loud voices of drunken men. "Did you...buy this for me?"

He found himself staring at the man, having never seen someone with hair the color of his, though he thought it was more interesting than anything. He wondered why the man had such dark glasses on but he felt it would be rude to ask. Instead, he just stood there, that expectant half-smile on his lips and his eyes surely dancing in amusement for nobody had ever bought him a drink in all his life.

shinigamikitsune

A smile came to his lips as he watched the younger man interact with the barmaid. Though to be truthful, everybody within this tavern was far younger then him; after all, humans led such short lives. His attention drawn back when the man started making his way through the crowd over to him.

Cyma offers a warm smile when Dominik arrives at his table. He could understand why the other man raised his voice in order to be heard, it wasn't nessicary. Though he wasn't going to let the other know about that just yet. There wasn't any point in giving away all his secrets to everybody he met.

He rose his voice just loud enough for Dominik to hear him. "Why yes I did. Do forgive me if I was being too forward. It's just that in places like this, it's hard to catch a person's attention without doing something so bold."

Now with Dominik so close to him, he took the chance to properly look him over, even if his dark glasses hid his eyes for the moment. "Would you care to keep me company this evening?"

Anonymous

Dominik's generally friendly nature often caught him up and now was one of those times. He shook his head animatedly for the man's initial comments, his smile remaining as he answered, "Ah, no no! I thank you for it, I really appreciate things like that..." He glanced down at the chair he was standing next to and then made motions towards it before finally sitting down across from Cyma and uttering a quick, "No, I don't mind," to his request.

Setting his glass down, Dominik made a quick and hopefully unnoticeable swipe at his back for his feathers were beginning to bother him as his fidgeting set in. His other hand danced along the edge of the table, seeming to hover between spots it might come to rest upon, but he caught himself and snatched his hands away, stuffing them in his pockets. Giving a sheepish smile, he looked up the other man after a moment. "So, what brings you here? I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite like yourself around here...then again I'm rarely in town so if you were I wouldn't have much chance to take notice..." In all honestly, he admired the unique color of Cyma's hair and he figured that it was not something done through the hands of magic or else why pick a color that would stand out so much? Nevertheless, Dominik wanted to be polite with just about everyone he met, unless of course they earned whatever attitude he might give, and he especially deserved his time and consideration for Dom was not one to take gifts, favors, or acts of kindness lightly whether the intentions were good or not.

shinigamikitsune

Cyma took note of the actions and how Dominik moved, mostly because it was second nature to him by now to notice such things, even if he said nothing about them. Everybody had their own secrets, and most of the time it was usually best not to pry into them. That's how people found themselves in trouble way over their heads.

His smile didn't fade as Dominik finally settled down, though a soft chuckle escaped him. "No, I haven't been in town for very long. In fact I only arrived late last night. I tend to travel around a lot, so I rarely stop into a city all that often, only when I'm in need of some supplies that I can't find elsewhere." He paused to take a sip of his own wine, thinking things over as he did so.

"I doubt that you'll see anybody else quite like me for a very long time, or even in this lifetime really. While I am a halfbreed, the bloodline that dominates my appearence the most tends to be from a race that rarely ever comes to the Surface anymore." He looked directly at Dom before taking off his tinted glasses to reveal his eyes of solid white pupils, and thin black slivers for pupils at the moment.

Anonymous

He found himself staring at the man while he spoke to explain his presence, meaning nothing ill by it, rather he was a bit fascinated that someone was so open with him so soon after meeting him. Dominik had been pondering the meanings of halfbreed and Surface when Cyma removed his glasses,  his thoughts drawing a giant blank as he was sucked into the sight of such unique eyes. He caught himself quickly, tearing such a rude gaze away as he reached  a hand out, taking his glass up and drinking a few rushed, nervous sips before setting it down again. Glancing up quickly to the man, he offered a small, gentle smile. Questions raced in his mind but once he was able to think clearly he realized that he had uniqueness in common with this person. This in mind, Dominik was able to relax a bit and look his table partner in the eye with confidence.

Pretty eyes... "I see what you mean there, but I'll have you know it's a treat to meet someone with such rare traits." Raising his glass a bit as he tipped his head, Dom took yet another sip from his glass while his eyes roamed the length of Cyma's hair. Pretty hair too... "I'm Dominik, by the way," he said, quickly bringing his gaze back to the eyes of the man he was speaking with, as if he hadn't been looking him over at all. "Ahh...may I ask your name?"

shinigamikitsune

So the other thought it was a treat to meet a person with such rare traits. That could mean a couple different things. The darker end of it being that this person either was, or worked for, a person whom collected rare traited beings, for either to keep him himself or sell off as slaves to the highest bidder. Though taking a look at the man once again, he highly doubted he was like that. Nope, this Dominik seemed more the kind whom was more interested in unique individuals for a more curious reason, or something close to it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Dominik." He offered the younger male a charming smile. "I am called Cyma." He took a sip of his wine before setting the glass down once again. "Tell me, dear Dominik, do you come to this place all that often?"

Anonymous

He could not help but give a little grin himself when Cyma smiled at him. The man seemed so calm in contrast to his own nervous antics. He had to quit doing that, it got him into too much trouble in most situations. Thankfully, though, Cyma did not seem to notice or if he did he probably thought little of it all.  

Dominik watched as the other took a sip of wine and noted that he was fluid in his motions, that they betrayed no nerves as his own often did. "Ah...yes, actually. I come here every so often to treat myself," he explained while his gaze was aimed down at the table. As if he were inspecting the grain, Dom kept his eyes lowered for a long moment. Then, slowly, he raised his head and looked Cyma in the eye. He had a timid, yet curious look about him as he wondered what he had meant by his question. "So...what did you mean by Surface? Does your race live underwater?" he asked out of pure curiosity to clarify what Cyma had said before, though really he was trying to avoid the previous question.

shinigamikitsune

Cyma had no reason to be nervous. When one lives for as long as he has, and lived the type of life he did, the room for nervousness dissappeared a long time ago. Nervousness usually translated into a person holding themselves back or hesitating. Those were two things that could possibley get him killed. Besides, the boy seemed nervous enough for them both.

At the question the younger male posed to him, Cyma couldn't help but laugh. Underwater indeed. This one was certainly amusing. "While it could be said that my race lives under the water, they don't actually live within the water. The truth is, they live deep within the Planet, further down then the races of the Under Dark, such as the Drow." He leaned back in chair, considering what all he should tell this young one.

Anonymous

Dominik sat there listening, his full attention on Cyma as he explained. Nodding, a grin creeping up to his lips though he felt a bit foolish for assuming things about this man, he leaned forward a bit to rest his cheek in his palm while diverting his eyes to the wine that was left in his glass. He swirled the liquid around for a moment as he contemplated what to say next. He felt there was nothing to redeem his jumping to conclusions, which he guessed made him look a bit foolish and naive, so he just looked back up and pretended he had not said anything silly at all.

"I see," he answered finally, his eyes going to the man's hair again. It was pretty, he thought. Certainly unique but very pretty as well. He wished he could feel the same about his wings. "Is there something you came for specifically? I could probably help you find it," he offered. "Unless you just came for a drink," he said with a glance to Cyma's glass.

shinigamikitsune

Cyma noticed that the younger male kept looking to his hair. After all the years that he'd been alive, it was something that he had grown use to. People would tend to stare at his hair, and his eyes. Though with his eyes, it wasn't so much staring at them, but trying not to look at them. Many people found them a little creepy, which didn't bother Cyma all that much.

He smiled at Dominik's questions, knowing that the other was rather curious. Perhaps this young one could be coaxed into warming his bed for a while. "I'm really just passing through the city. I needed to restock my supplies before I headed back off on my travels. Though I plan on being around for at least a week before heading back out."

Anonymous

Dominik was sure his curiosity would kill him someday, it was such a bad habit ingrained from both liking to be around others and yet hiding himself from the world most of the time. Hearing what Cyma had to say just made things worse for him, as it had been a long while since he'd had a conversation with anyone reasonable; it was making him giddy just to be in the company of the other.

Nodding, trying not to show his eagerness to talk more with him, Dominik asked, "Ah, and where are you traveling to? What are you trying to reach in the end?" Of course, he now felt that he had said too much, asked too much of him. Blushing a little out of embarrassment, he offered another of his sheepish grins. "Pardon me, that was probably a little too much there."

ooc: *hugs* D: Sorry for taking so long, Shini!

shinigamikitsune

He chuckled softly as Dominik asked his questions. He didn't mind the younger male asking him such things. After all, the boy was simply adorable... and thoughts of whether somebody else had taken a taste of Dominik yet or not flowed through his mind.

"I'm traveling wherever the planet takes me," he said with bit if a shrug. "At this point in my life, I travel because it's my nature. I haven't found my reason to settle down just yet. Perhaps once I find a suitable mate that I can claim as my destined mate." He said in passing, not really caring how the other took it. He knew there would be a mate for him someday... the real question was whether this person existed yet or not.

Anonymous

His words seemed strange for one so....well, young, as Dominik saw him. Taking in what was being shared with him, he watched the other still, hoping he was not being a bother by it; he just found Cyma so eye-catching. "I can understand that, I think," he agreed. "Why stop seeing such a beautiful place? The forests are...peaceful, I think. And when you're far enough from the cities the air is so crisp and clear and perfect for fl-walking."

He hoped his slip wouldn't be noticed, he'd had enough trouble in the past with the rather unusual additions to his anatomy. Beginning to wonder what Cyma meant by "destined mate", as he knew no more about the other man's inhuman half than what had been told to him already, he chalked it up to being another way of saying "wife". Looking around the rest of the dining hall, it became clear to Dominik that he and his companion were among the few with a handle on themselves. Sighing and smiling briefly as he brought his attention back to Cyma, Dominik wondered if the other man shared his opinions about the woods, about nature.

shinigamikitsune

He caught the little slip that Dominik made, and tilted his head slightly, though he said nothing about it. Instead he smiled and nodded, "Ah yes this world has so much beauty within it. It's a shame that more people don't take the time more often to appreciate it. Then again, if they did, then I might end up coming across far more people during my travels into the wild."

Cyma paused to take a sip of his drink before he continued. "It's also interesting to see all the changes that take place over the years, even the ones that take a long time to flourish."

Anonymous

He was grinning again, that big, goofy grin that made him look like such a puppy. It made him happy to know that someone else appreciated nature as he did, though he was almost sure that their likes were not geared toward the same aspects. "Yes, I'm thankful for how sparse people become the deeper the wood...it makes life a bit easier."

"I haven't stayed in any one spot for too long, though. Maybe someday I'll notice changes like what you're talking about." Of course, Dominik had no way of knowing just how much older Cyma was than he, despite his appearance. Taking another sip from his glass, the precious wine almost gone again, Dominik savored the taste as he swirled the remains in the glass, momentarily fixated upon the motion of the fluid.