Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unwanted (Rina-Lady!)

Started by shinigamikitsune, March 10, 2010, 05:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Sheets? What?" Doyle was confused, having somewhat assumed StarFire would be sleeping downstairs, in the kitchen. Doyle himself hardly slept much, only a few hours each night, and that meant he just got to use the bed when Ruben wasn't.

Then his brain caught up and Doyle flushed, shaking his head, "Ruben! Don't be disgustin'! It ain't like that! What kind of person do ya think I am? Takin' advantage of someone in need of help." It hurt a little that Ruben thought so little of him.

Tally

Ruben maintained his suspicions, but Doyle's indignation was so great, it struck him immediately as honest.  Which didn't save it from being ill targeted.  Ruben was not going to stand there and let Doyle put him in the wrong for this.  He'd made a reasonable assumption!

"He's not wearing pants.  I don't think it was such a preposterous inference to make.  How was I to know he was here for help?"

Ruben turned once more to take another look at StarFire.  He sure looked like a whore.  "What's wrong with him anyway?"

shinigamikitsune

And they were talking about him as though he wasn't there... not that he should have expected anything more then that. It was a foolish dream to think that he could actually finally have his freedom... he'd been seduced by Doyle's pretty words.

He also really didn't like the way that Ruben was looking at him, it made him feel dirty and vile... something he hadn't thought about in a very long time, so he wasn't sure why it was effecting him like this now. Perhaps the taste of near freedom had allowed his hopes to rise within his chest more then they had been in centuries.

Anonymous

Doyle gave Ruben a dark look, "Yer mind didn't have ta go right to there. I seem to recall not havin' a shirt when I came to yer aid. Don't make it...dirty." He sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "Look, it don't really matter none. StarFire is a guest. And yer scarin' the poor kid."

He crouched down, holding out a hand to StarFire, "Come on out, yeah? There ain't nothin' here to be scared of."

Tally

Ruben mimicked Doyle's action without meaning too, rubbing the bridge of his nose in an effort to compose himself and not snap at Doyle.  Who was being an idiot right now and making a big issue out of a very small thing.  "You were still wearing pants.  If you hadn't been, I would have had some theories on what activities you where engaged in as well."

Never mind it.  Doyle was letting the matter go so he would as well.  "I'm scaring him?" he muttered, heading toward the kitchen.  He'd just woken up and was starving.  "I can't possibly be terrifying."

shinigamikitsune

When Doyle came close to him, he couldn't even look up at him. His presence was already causing this man trouble, and he had been so nice to him. StarFire didn't think that he could handle it, if he'd brought this man any sort of trouble, not after what he had done for him so far.

"M-mm maybe you sh-should... just t-ttake me ba-ack to town... and... and l-leave me... there..." he murmured softly.

Anonymous

"No no. Don't ya say that." Doyle reached out, stroking the boy's hair. There was no way he was going to kick out some poor kid who had no money and no clothes and no where to go.

He turned to look at Ruben, raising an eyebrow, "I donno. Ya look pretty scary now. Like that woman with the snake hair." Ruben was probably hungry too. He tended to be extra grumpy when he hadn't eaten, "Ya want me ta make ya breakfast?"

Tally

Ruben found StarFire's blubbering instantly grating on the nerves. That and the way Doyle was petting him.  Like he was a frightened animal in need of calming.  It was just undignified for Doyle to fawn over him like that. And even if it weren't, Ruben still did not want to see Doyle cooing over some boy!

"No, I'll do it. You see to your..." Friend? Pet? Guest? "You see to him."

And see to shutting him up, he added to himself, reaching into the egg basket for his "breakfast". It was evening, but it was breakfast for him.

shinigamikitsune

"Medusa the gorgon..." he murmured softly when Doyle mentioned the lady with snake hair. Though it was hard to say if the man heard him or not. He flinched a little when Doyle patted him on the head, more from being use to others handling him roughly, and being hit a lot.

"I... I d-ddon't want to b-b-bbe a bu-bur-den...." it was his explination for why the other could just leave him somewhere. It wouldn't have been the first time others had abandoned him.

Anonymous

"Stop that. I told ya already, yer stayin' here until yer ready ta leave. Don't listen ta Ruben, he's just a grumpy pants when he wakes up."

He kept stroking StarFire's hair, "Just relax and everythin' be okay. Yer not gonna get hurt here none, okay? Come on out, alright?"

shinigamikitsune

"Ruben..." he murmured softly, thinking something over in his mind. "Is... isn't that a s-s-sandwich... of s-s-some sort?" It was really the first thing that had some to his mind.

The way that Doyle was petting his hair made him relax some. Though he looked like a big rough man, the guy was able to handle him so gently. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad just staying here to maybe be his servant.

Tally

Ruben couldn't help catching view of StarFire and Doyle out of the corner of his eye as he hunted for a pan to fry the eggs in.  Doyle was still petting him.  Still.  Why didn't he just pull him into his lap and rock him like a baby?

Ruben clanked the pan down upon the counter top rather more loudly than he'd intended.  He turned a desert-dry look upon StarFire and used the exaggerated voice one spoke to very small children with. "Nooo, this is an egg, not a sandwich."  He held up one of the eggs to drive home the point.  "Can you say egg?"

Anonymous

Doyle had no idea what had gotten into Ruben. He was acting like a jerk to the poor, scared kid. And the petting seemed to be calming him down a little, so Doyle kept it up, still trying to coax him out.

He gave Ruben a flat, unimpressed look, "He ain't stupid. He's had a rough day. Try and be nice."

shinigamikitsune

The sound of the frying pan on the counter caused him to flinch, but the fact that Doyle was between him and the cranky man caused him to not try and hide again.

StarFire absolutely hated it when people talked down to him, especially when he knew that he was probably more well educated then any of them could hope to be in their short little lives.

He turned to look at Ruben as though the other was equally dimwitted, and matched the tone that had been used on him. "I was reffering to your name... it's two slices of sourdough bread, buttered on the outside and grilled with corned beef, pickled cabbage, and a thin slice of goat cheese."

With that he did crawl into Doyle's lap to snuggle with him a bit, and stuck his tongue out at Ruben.

Tally

It took an effort to unclench his teeth.  "I think your little friend is a might touched in the head," he said to Doyle.  "He's asking questions he already knows the answer to."

The boy was either simple-minded or willfully aggravating.  Or both.  Probably both.  How long would he be staying here?  He better not wake Ruben up in the middle of the day with...with whatever it was he was going to be doing around here.  Apparently most of his time would be spent sitting on Doyle's lap demanding an embarrassing amount of attention.  And he still wasn't wearing any pants.

No way was Ruben going to sit in here and watch them fawn over each other while he ate.  As soon as the eggs were done he was disappearing upstairs.

Anonymous

Having the kid in his lap was a little startling, he wasn't really expecting that. But he didn't really mind. StarFire really was like a child, an abused, hurt child, but still a child. And Ruben was behaving like one. He didn't know why he disliked the elf so much, but apparently he did.

"Now now. Come on. Let's all be nice, both of ya. I can make us some tea and we can all have a chat. Get ta know each other." He nudged StarFire, wanting to stand up but not wanting to just dump the boy out of his lap.

shinigamikitsune

StarFire just glared at Ruben. This man was rather rude and condescending. He never liked people who acted like they were so much better then most people, and Ruben seemed exactly like one of those people.

When Doyle nudged him, he moved out of his lap and stood up, making sure to smooth out the rather long shirt so that everything was still covered. "Tea would be wonderful," he said softly. "Is there anything that I can do to help?"

Tally

"I have work to do," he said by way of excuse.  He wasn't about to take tea with this little leech when he could be doing something useful.  It wasn't as though they'd have anything to talk about, anyway.  Nothing of interest to Ruben at least.  Starfire couldn't possibly be expected to hold a conversation on his level and he had no intention of listening to the boy's bleating.

Ruben grabbed a slice of bread and tried to block the both of them out. He poured a dollop of some spread onto it and took a bite.

Almost instantly he gagged and nearly choked on it.  His mouth lit up in pain like he'd swallowed a live coal. He gasped air into his mouth and frantically looked around for water.

Anonymous

Doyle looked up just in time to see Ruben spread something onto his toast, "Wai-!" It was too late and Doyle scrambled to his feet, "Careful! That stuffs real spicy!" It was a spread he made with a lot of crushed peppers in it and a small amount was enough for most people.

Grabbing a mug, Doyle quickly poured a glass of milk and shoved it into Ruben's hand, stroking his back, "Quick, drink this!"

shinigamikitsune

When he realized what had happened, and that Doyle was already moving in to help Ruben with the initial burn, StarFire moved into action as well. He cut a thick piece of bread and spread a generous amount of honey on it and moved to hold it out to Ruben once he was finished with the milk.

"Once you've drank that, eat this. the bread will help to soak up the oils from the peppers that are spreading in your mouth, and the sweetness of the honey will help to soothe the burning that still lingers." It was one of the many things that he'd been taught when he was still in his home village, before he'd been stolen away.