Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where, oh where did that stupid mage go?(Open)

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2010, 09:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It always was a surprise to be in Connloath. It was clean no matter where you went, even the bar was clean. Everyone who drank, gambled, danced or loitered with their fellow magic hunters were dressed well. Maybe not silk and velvet but nicely. The only thing that didn't matter where ever you went was the volume. The sounds of laughter, cheering, and arguments roared creating an ambiance that someone who was drinking water could get drunk on.

Everything seemed normal when a large group of young men came charging in, their voices soared over all others, "CAUGHT ANOTHER ONE!!!" The bar erupted in cheers, like a unified mob. The group proceeded to the bar and bought a round of drinks for everyone, "Start with this beauty right here!" The head of the party turned and grabbed a woman sitting at the bar by herself, "What will you have love? Me maybe?" His friends laughed and jeered. The woman smiled playfully.

The woman was slender, extremely agile and toned. Her skin was pale as the moon accenting by her ink black hair that curled down to her lower shoulder blade. Her eyes were a bright, icy blue, her lips were full and pink. Her clothes hugged her curves. Her voice was deep and rich, like soft velvet, "You may be able to handle Magicians and warlocks, Love, But that doesn't mean you can handle a woman like me. I'll take a bottle of wine. And I'll drink it alone" She kissed his cheek and lifted his chin, "Thank you kindly" She winked to him and his friends.

His friends laughed and moved off, dragging him with them. The bartender brought her a bottle of their "finest" and poured her a glass. She lifted the glass and spun the wine and sniffed it. She sighed happily and lifted it to her lips. She whispered softly, "Fools. They kill because they fear, what they can't understand.."She tilted the glass to the bartender and took a sip.

Anonymous

Jade stumbled in covered in mud. She grinned as she tracked it across the hard floor, which a moment earlier had quite literally been so clean one could eat off it without much worry. People stared at the girl, who plop-plop-plopped across the floor. Good. Let them stare. She had learned a long time ago that making it obvious you don't mind drawing attention is a good way to avoid suspicion. It's a common myth that the suspicious will act suspicious, and only true of the ones who are more or less harmless anyway. It's far better, if you have something to hide, to make a spectacle of yourself. Once people get over your oddity, they discount you as harmless.

This is what she was counting on as she sat down at the bar and dropped onto it a few coins encrusted in dirt.

"What will this get me?" she asked. "Food, not booze." She affected a forlorn sigh, and mumbled just loud enough she knew the bartender could hear, "I'm so hungry..." She knew the payment wasn't enough, but thought she looked pitiful enough to get by on sympathy. She'd devised a system recently in which she wove a piece of cloth through her coin pouch in such a way that it didn't jingle when she walked, an important detail to remember when pretending to be entirely broke. Not that she was far from being broke, admittedly; she had to make her money stretch.

The bartender watched her bright green eyes light up at the roll and piece of mutton he placed in front of her, and smiled, feeling good about the kindness he'd done this poor girl. She'd had honey on bread only recently, but was craving meat, and besides, she'd made the bartender happy. Surely this counted as a good deed.

It as with this thought in her mind and a bit of roll in her mouth that she noticed the woman to her left. She couldn't help drawing a comparison to herself. Pale skin, dark hair. Around the same height and build. Those eyes, though. Were she not used to concealing her emotions, she would have immediately looked away from their intensity.

As things were, however, she gave no outward sign of being startled, and instead merely nodded and, roll still in her mouth, casually mumbled something that vaguely sounded like a, "how do you do?"

Anonymous

Alexander watched the rather strange girl trot along the floor, muddying it up and creating a mess of the once clean floor. When she further sat down at the bar and ordered, he sighed and began towards the booth, taking a seat only a few away from the strange girl. He took out a meager few coins and began to tap them lightly against it as he waited, the bartender quickly walking up to him

"And what can I get you?" He asked in the semi-happy demeanor that pretty much all bartenders used when they had to greet their customers. Alexander sat up straight and looked over his face.

"Just something to eat, cheapest you have. And no drink" the wandering mercenary said putting the stack of coins on the wooden surface for the bartender to grab. In only a minute, there was a few pieces of bread before him, upon which he took and ate quickly and gratefully.