Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fairie Catching

Started by Winters-Feather, September 22, 2010, 01:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

If one was looking at the right moment and had paid close attention, they would have seen her. The rain's mist  by the brook was almost nearly lifted,  but it provided enough cover for the small cloud to navigate swiftly through the tress, though it slowed down as it reached the water. It came to a stop as it began to rock a little bit, something giggling as a woman's figure emerged from the surface, stretching out her arms with a soft sigh.

Wisp quickly stood up, extended out her wings, and plopped back down on her cloud, her legs dangling as she observed her surroundings, her eyes wide with wonder and her lips curled into a smile. In her arms was a golden ring, though it was large enough for her to put on over her shoulder, like a sash. She had been in this forest for a few days, and there still was a lot to learn. The Cloud Daughter giggled delightfully as she recalled a moment that had happen that morning, playing with her trinket. She had stolen it from a traveller in the mist, and had escaped with him shouting after her. It delighted the fairy, all of it being a game to her.

She turned the metal ring in the light; it sparkled, and made pretty reflections in the water. Wisp flew up and tried to play with it, but it turned out it wasn't much fun, so she threw it by a near by  rock, and instantly forgot all about it.

Her attention turned to the water's surface. Slowly, she fluttered down until her feet were on the surface. She wasn't bothered by the cold; the sky was colder, higher up.
She kicked her feet a little, causing water to splash.
Wisp continued to amuse herself in this fashion, flying from water to the shore to observing the rocks around the brook as the sun broke through the mist. It was a lot easier, now, to see the fairy, her white figure against the blues and greens and browns of the water and earth.  One could hear her, too, as her laughter echoed, that ever so gentle tinkling sound, one would have thought they had imagined it...

Anonymous

Mikhail really disliked the woods. The wilderness was in no way his forte. He was a city boy at heart, but lately it seemed all his leads were sending him out into deserts and forests. Mountains were probably next, he was sure.

Brushing his hair back from his face with a sigh, Mikhail glanced around, frowning slightly. There was supposed to be some immortal unicorn like beast that lived in this stretch of woods. And Mikhail was hoping to get some blood from it. But he was having zero luck finding the creature. Probably needed to be pure virgin female or some nonsense.

The soft sound of splashing and fae laughter caught his attention and Mikhail smiled. Fae creatures were always a useful sample to have. He wasn't far from the sound and in moments he was watching some pale sprite dance along the water.

Mikhail studied her a moment, not recognizing her type. That was even better! New species! Moving out of the trees, Mikhail put on a smile, "Well hello lovely lady. You seem to be having fun."

The problem with fae though, was it was hard to know how to speak to them. They were all so...fickle.

Winters-Feather

OOC: I realize I did a lot of touching/ tugging in this post. Since you didn't have a P.L , I took the liberity, but if you want me to edit something then please tell me:O

Wisp gave a small gasp as she turned around to face a figure that was approaching.
She stood there, on the water, rigid, though she gave a bold grin at his comment. She shamelessly loved and welcomed his words; she  was beautiful, and she liked being called Lady, like those important human people. It made her feel important and even more beautiful.

Wisp had a funny feeling about this guy; he looked odd, had this feeling of power about, and he was a total stranger. Still, naive as she was, Wisp saw his smile and took it as a sign of kindness, and eagerly flew up to  his face, so that he could see her tiny figure in detail, immediantly beginning an examination.

"Ooooh," she exclaimed, "Who are you?!"
First , she flew around him several times, examining trinkets on his person, but not pulling at anything. Then she shot up so that she could look into his good eye, tilting her head side ways as she gave a tiny cry of curiosity, pulling at his eye patch.  She quickly let go, shuddering, a little frightened at what she saw.
"Your eye's weird," she stated, matter of factly.
Then his hair distracted her, and she forgot about the eye patch, and she flew into it, laughing as she tugged here and there. Finding it comfortable, she settle down on it, then bowing her head and attempting to  quickly kiss him on the forehead, as a sign of greeting.

Her Cloud, which was originally by the water, floated slowly and steadily towards the two, until it was a few feet in front of the man. Wisp looked up and gave a wide smile.
"My Cloud!" she exclaimed, proudly.

Anonymous

(I do, but I guess there is a bug going on with the board. I asked Rhi about it and she's trying to fix it. But, pretty much, I don't care about much xD)

Ah. The joys of the fae. They were so easily distracted. It also made them intensely annoying to work with, but in many cases it could work to his advantage. Mikhail studied the girl as she flew up close. He wasn't sure what kind of faerie she way....some kind of pixie maybe? She was very small, but he wasn't sure.

She was a new one though. One he hadn't tried before, so he would have to try and get some of that lovely blood. Small creatures were hard, as they would often die from the amount of blood he needed to take.

"Your cloud pretty lady? You control it?" He tried to rack his brain for mention of a faerie with a cloud and he couldn't think of any specific details. The fact she was rolling around in his hair didn't seem to bother the skinny man any, "What can I call you? I am Mikhail. It is an honor to meet you m'lady."

Winters-Feather

Wisp pondered, a little bored, on his question about her cloud, rolling over on her back on his hair, observing leaves on a nearby tree. She did not know how to reply.
"Control?" she asked, solemnly. The concept was vague to the Cloud Daughter. She had been asked this before, but she didn't quite understand how her relationship with her Cloud was...She just knew that it  existied and did things such as merging with her, and she was fond of it.

So, she shrugged, listening politely as he gave her his name.
"Mekhail, Meek Hail, Merek Hale," she teased, gleefully, not fulling understanding what she said, though she found it funny.
As he asked her what her name was, she stood up and flew towards her Cloud, to stand upright on it. If it wasn't for the light reflecting off of her wings, her bright eyes, and the touch of color on her body and hair, it would have been near impossible to distinquish the Cloud from the fairie, as they seemed to camiflouge together.
"Wisp," she said, simply, giving a small bow.

She observed the thin stranger who flattered her ever so nicely.
"Where are you going?" she arubtly blurted out; she had an interested in travelling, and loved to accompany strangers for as long as they allowed and as long as she pleased. There was something also alluring about this man, but she didn't know what- he felt unsafe, though she didn't understand that, either. It fascinated her.

Anonymous

(I am /so/ sorry this took so long. School and work and life in general have just been really hectic. I am made of fail D8)

"Wisp, that is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." It was hard to not start poking around the cloud right then. But he didn't know what the little fae could do, and with fae, size was no indication of power. So he would just have to wait and see.

"I am heading to the village on the other side of the woods for now. Eventually I plan on going to Essyrn. What about you? Do you live here?"

Winters-Feather

OOC: I honestly try to make it a habit of replyin asap but last week was spirit week and im in the band = lots of playing to be done. plus hw and projects so..Yeah, I'm sorry if my posts have been comin late.

Wisp burst into giggles of delight as he complimented her yet again, flying in a loop in the air. She observed the stranger closely. He looked like he was pondering about something. He kind of looked like she did when she was coming up with a new trick to play, and she knew because she liked to make faces in the water.

Wisp listened to the man very carefully, trying to imagine what the villiage on the other side of the river was like. She had never been in that direction, before. She had seen it from far up in the sky, now that she thought about it, but it had been irrelevent, then. A vague detail.  Life to Wisp was a game, an adventure; almost everything stood as a surprise until it became relevent, until she was within touching distance from it.
"Ess-lee-rin,"  she said slowly, misprouncing it, "Essyrn.."
She blinked at the concept of home, glaring back at him blankly.
"I live with my Cloud," she replied, matter-of-factly.

People have spoken of home to her before, but she didn't really get it. Sometimes she shapeshifted into a cat and was let in by people and stayed as company for a night or two before running off again.  Wisp had her Cloud- she merged with it to sleep and sometimes to travel, it was her companion, and it was..Well a part of her. Or hers. Wisp didn't really get it but she knew that her Cloud was important.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Wisp gave a broad grin, as she spread her arms wide.
"So it's settled, then," she declaired,  though there was nothing to settle, before, "We shall go with you!"

Anonymous

"Ah." Mikhail studied the cloud absently while the little fae pranced around. There was an obvious, deep connection between the girl and the cloud, though that wasn't all that surprising. Maybe like a dryad and her tree?

All in all, it was interesting and he would have to be careful about getting her blood. If he didn't have to kill her, he would rather not. But she seemed to want to come along with him. That was perfect.

Mikhail smiled, flashing a bit of fang, "That sounds lovely m'lady. I would be glad to have your company. I am searching for a creature in this forest, would you like to help me look for it?"

Winters-Feather

Gleeful about the positive reaction, Wisp settled into her Cloud, observing the man, in an eerie silent sort of way as she kicked her feet back and forth.
He had fangs, though she didn't really find that significant. Lots of things had fangs. Animals did, and some of her teeth were somewhat pointy as well.

She didn't trust this guy, but nor did she mistrust him.  No, the fairy found the man alluring, flattering, and , for the moment, quite interesting. So, the naive thing that she was, when he accepted her offer and proposed a new question, Wisp nodded and gave a whoop of delight, not bothering to think why or what they were going to do once they found it.
"Oooooh!" she exclaimed, "A game! What type of creature? I know all sorts!"
Games were to be played and tricks to be composed. Mist loved seldom, but out of those rare and few things, she loved these the most: her Cloud, herself, adventure, and mischief.

Anonymous

"Yes, a game!" Mikhail continued to smile brightly at the little fae. So easy to manipulate, though one had to be careful. The fae were often hard to keep entertained and that could lead to problems. But for now she would be useful to have around.

"I am looking for a golden creature, with two silver horns. Horse like. It is related to a unicorn. Have you seen something like that? If you help me find it, I will give you a present."

Winters-Feather

((OOC: wait, he's headed towards a village, but hes looking for a creature? or is that just a part of his trap?))

Wisp listened in awe as the man described the creature they were to search for. She rolled around in her Cloud, thinking.
"No, I never, never have!," she exclaimed, stretching out her arms, enjoying the feeling of the Cloud against her naked  body.

She laughed in delight, as she had never heard of such a creature before, and it sounded both weird and wonderful. The concept of such a creature was beyond her. Horses she knew. She had only seen several in her short life time, but they were big and strong and could be spooked easily. Wisp found that funny about them, and loved to play games with them. Was this creature spooked easily, too?

Also, the concept of a present excited her. She never had received any gifts, as far as her memory served. However, her memory was poor. The fairy actually did receive some gifts; her name, for one, if that could be counted, and several trinkets that she had soon thrown away out of boredom and the inconvenience of carrying around stuff. It was a little contradictory; the fariy loved to receive stuff, but rarely did she ever keep anything, for she was a practical being and only kept what she needed. Namely, herself and her Cloud. However, the mystery of a gift is what excited her the most.
Never mind that he had asked her to go look for it. She wanted to know what her prize was.
"OOooh, what type of present?" she chimed, "What is it, what is it?"

Anonymous

((OOC: He's kinnda doing both xD He's on his way to Essyrn, but he's hoping to find the creature in this forest on his way))

"Ah, that is too bad. Well, hopefully together we can find it." Oh course, that would be to simple to have the fairy just know where it was. Well, at least she would be another set of eyes and her innocence might attract the creature.

He smiled again, starting to walk deeper into the woods, figuring the sprite would follow, "Well, that depends. But I can get you something sweet to eat or something shiny to wear?"

Winters-Feather

OOC: Gotcha.

The Cloud began to follow the man, keeping up with his pace. Wisp sat on it, a wide grin consuming her face as Mikhail proposed present gifts. They both sounded delightful, though both would have been wasted efforts; Wisp's appetite was small, and she was comfortable with being nude. Still,  they both sounded appeasing, and Wisp  didn't give a thought to the practicality of it all.
"Okay!" she said, agreeing to nothing in particular.

Without further warning, she took a leap and shot straight towards the sky, causing some tree branches to rustle and several squirrels and birds to run and caw in excitement. Her Cloud swayed in place, floating nearer to Mikhail. It was needed here, for now.

"Gold, gold, gold," Wisp sang, her keen eyes observing the wood below.
She was looking for a golden horse....
There!
Not  a half mile away from the strange man was a small meadow, though the trees and bushes around it hid the area from view. It was only for a brief moment, but a flashing light and a brown-ish body moved into a near by thicket, vanishing completely.
Giving a whoop of delight that could be heard from where Mikhail was, she dove straight towards the valley, where the mysterious creature was. It could have been a deer or even a bear, but Wisp was overcome with excitement at finding something.  

As if to respond, Wisp's Cloud shuddered, and sleepily began to drift towards the valley where the fairy was.

Anonymous

The faerie's sudden leaping into the air startled Mikhail, his one eye following the creatures path until her pale form blended into the sky. Her cloud was still with him, so he didn't think she had left him. Though the could was floating off now and Mikhail followed after it with a small shrug. It was better than nothing.

It took a little bit of a hike to discover where the sprite had gone. She seemed to have located...a deer. A deer that was rapidly fleeing from Mikhail's presence. Not very useful to his needs. Still, he smiled, "Ah, Wisp. Thank you. Though that isn't the creature I was looking for. Let's keep moving, shall we?"

Winters-Feather

Wisp frowned, disappointed as she  observed that the creature she had spotted was just a deer. So she had lost the opprotunity to gain the prize...It was a bit of a blow to the fairie. However, once the man had thanked her and offered that they moved on, she nodded eagerly, putting the incident behind her.
It was an old and worn out game, anyway.

"Yes, lets!" she  vocally agreed, crossing her arms.
"Hmm," she muttered.
They were relatively close to the village; she'd need a disguise when they approached.
Actually, it probably wasn't necessary, but she wanted to do it, anyway.
So, without further ado, she flew straight towards the ground, and transformed into a small, white cat, playfully nipping at his feet.

Anonymous

It looks like the creature was a bust. He might try one more time to find it, see if the locals in the next village had anything to say. He had such hopes for this. He was sure a pure immortal creature was the key. Unicorns had worked well, but weren't quite right. He needed something close, he was so sure.

When the small fae turned into a cat, Mikhail gave a small laugh, "You look adorable like that." He dropped down into a crouch, holding his hand out, "Here kitty kitty kitty."

Winters-Feather

Wisp purred at his compliment, rubbing her body against his hand and foot. She very much liked having this attention and being petted. It felt good, and it always amused her how people treated her a little  bit differently in this form. Sometimes, she realized, they will trust a kitten instead of a fae. But that only made it easier for her to perform tricks, and it delighted her.

So she enjoyed her self like this for several moments before growing bored. She than stretched, taking in a few whiffs of air. She gave a yowl; something didn't smell quite right about this man, though she didn't know what. Instead of pondering on it, however, she promptly gave a mew and started to stroll towards the village.

Anonymous

The yowl startled Mikhail, unsure what had prompted it, glancing around with his one eye. The fact it might have been him didn't occur to the man. As the kitten headed off, Mikhail straightened, following after her. She could change shape...interesting to know. Would her blood be the same in each shape...he would have to see. He could get more from larger shapes.

The village was small, simple and unused to visitors. Ones that looked like Mikhail, regal and with a touch of something unwholesome, were treated with respect tinged with fear and most people did their best to avoid Mikhail.

"Well kitty. What do you think? Shall we see where we can stay here? Or camp under the stars?"

Winters-Feather

Wisp had barely spent much time on this Earth; a new village was a new spectacle, with its own charms and wonders. As she walked causally into the village, her feline noise picked up all sorts of scents; hay, horses, iron, hot crossed buns.  She gave a mew at this scent; it smelled delightful. Her Cloud was no where to be seen; in fact, it was in the forest near the village, hovering in the trees, patiently.

Wisp purred as the villagers gawked at her pure, white fur; not many cats were this natural color, if any. She knew this only because a traveler from before had said so. It appealed to her vanity; they were paying attention to her! She was a queen of the streets.  However, she noticed something else; they also were staring at her companion, and were avoiding him. She mewed curiously at this ; why were they avoiding him? He smelled funny and had a queer look about him. She concluded that this was probably the reason why, though she didn't deduct anything sinister.

She flicked her tail and mewed, bored at his question. She didn't care either way; what was a bed or a sleeping bag to her?

Anonymous

"Well, let's stay here then." Mikhail got a perverse pleasure out of making people uncomfortable and now was no exception. And the cat thing could go run around as it pleased. At least it couldn't chatter in this form. He needed to get that blood soon. Maybe bribe it?

Striding over to one of the men, Mikhail eventually got himself a place to stay in the mans kitchen, as the town lacked an inn. With that taken care of, Mikhail watched the cat, waiting to see what it would do.