Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another newbie

Started by Anonymous, November 06, 2010, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hey I found this place at RPG-D so I checked it out and it looks interesting. I read the rules and most of the stuff on the setting. I need some help getting started though.

Anonymous

Welcome to SotE! We do get a lot of people from RPG-D I think, so it's always good to see we're still reeling people in! Yeehaw! Anyway, I'm Shizzy, Moderator here! Since you read the rules and the setting stuff, guess I don't need to point those things out woo hoo! I can help ya if you need it, don't be afraid to ask for help, we're all really friendly here!

Anonymous

Thanks, I actually have a few questions:
1) Any character limits? Am I only allowed to play as fantasy races like humans, elves, orcs, etc. No original races? Can I play a race from a canon source like a troll from WoW?
2) What's the technology limit? Late medieval?
3) Is there a main plot to this story? Like one major antagonist is trying to take over the world or something like that? Or is this RPG similar to WoW in many respects?

Anonymous

You can play whatever you want! If a character is too powerful, the admins will usually tell you if you play anything that's out of bounds. Usually it's just God characters that get the boot, or main characters ripped from canon sources, like the Doctor, Michael Weston, Etc, Etc.

It's about...well middle medieval xD There are guns, but those are limited only to Connlaoth, and they're not very awesome guns either.

Nope! No main plot to the story! It's just a big ol' world doing whatever. You can of course make your own plots if you so want and try to get people to join in, just no guarantees. Big world altering plots do need to be approved by the admins though!

Xphy

Welcome to the boards! Hope you like here.