Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Work? With all these distractions?

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2011, 01:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Jini smiled at the other woman's compliments, flicking a loose braid back over her shoulder in a small act of preening. She was good, she knew it, and she liked other people knowing it without having to be told. That was another problem with foreigners. They didn't know what being in the church meant, and so they just didn't give her the respect she deserved.

"That sounds quite pleasant," she nodded, satisfied with the boy's answer as well as his behaviour. "We'll have that, then." Speaking for Senka seemed completely acceptable to her; why wouldn't the woman want something homey and comforting after being away so long? She just hoped the food lived up to the hype. It was sad but entirely possible that after catering to foreigners all this time, the cook may have forgotten how to please Thanati tastes - unless their family was keeping them in check. How awful for them to be subjected to subpar food...

Looking around the room again, she managed to catch one sailor's eye and to her idle amusement he glanced away almost immediately. They were clearly still not happy with the women's presence though, and she remarked coldly, "I wonder how long they're going to keep staring at us."

Anonymous

The fact Jini ordered for her amused Senka. It just seemed to fit the subtle arrogance of the woman. Made her feel back home again. And Senka didn't mind, the food did sound good and she doubted that the boy was dumb enough to serve them something awful after that little...lesson.

"Well, probably until we leave. Beautiful, powerful women are a combination that few men can resist." Senka gave a low laugh, "I doubt they could keep their eyes off us even if they tried."

Anonymous

Glancing back around the room with a quiet growl, Jini glared at each man whose eye she caught, every one of them hurriedly pretending to be greatly interested in the walls, or the floor, or the ceiling. It was funny, and slightly sad. After all, if they'd been behaving themselves to start with they wouldn't have had anything to worry about. "I wish they'd try harder. I'm not here for their entertainment."

She shook her head and sighed, smiling faintly at Senka. "I hope not all of the mainland men act like this. I'd imagine it gets tiring after a while."

If the other woman had had to put up with such behaviour, no wonder she'd come home! It was yet one more thing lacking in foreign parts, and it all added up to make a place she really didn't want to visit. Strange weather, tasteless food, a bizarre dislike for necromancy, heathens absolutely everywhere and on top of all that, the men didn't have any respect! All in all, it made her wonder how anyone could stand to live there.

Anonymous

"Oh no. Not all of them. The seamen are a special breed. And they don't really understand subtly. They just have no concept of privacy or face!" Senka had gotten used to foreign habits, but it was much nicer being home and she found herself slipping back into the familiar, comforting way of the island life.

"Or honor. As you have been made aware. But it isn't all bad, I promise. Just very different."

Anonymous

"Hmm," Jini mused, with an expression that said she didn't quite believe Senka. "I should hope so. If everyone knew Thanatos was so much better, they'd all want to live here. I expect it would get quite crowded."

Now with the puzzling mental image of foreigners packing the streets like roaches under a rock, she sniffed haughtily. It wouldn't be allowed, of course. A blink to dismiss the thought, and she smiled back at the other woman. "Your voyage wasn't too long then, I take it?" She tilted her head discreetly toward what used to be the table next to them. "Having to put up with that rabble..."

Anonymous

"That is a point. They don't understand how to be civilized. Even the ones here seem to stupid to figure it out." She gestured to the sailors in the room with a small laugh, "The voyage wasn't bad. I actually came here on a Thanati ship. Then a met up with a very talented medium and had a bit of an adventure."

Anonymous

Jini laughed when Senka did, wholeheartedly agreeing with her opinion of the sailors. Stupid and uncivilised, those were exactly the words to describe them. She couldn't have put it better herself! At least the other woman hadn't had to actually put up with them after all. "Well, that does sound a lot more pleasant than I was thinking," she nodded, then raised a quizzical eyebrow and smiled broadly. "And an adventure? You can't just leave it at that. Anything the Church might like to be hearing about, perhaps?"

Anonymous

"Oh, it was quite the adventure." Senka laughed, "It isn't all that exciting of a tale though and I'm an awful story teller. But I wont keep if from you if you want to hear."

She paused when the boy arrived, setting down drinks and food. The food smelled spicy...ish and looked a little lackluster. Probably from cooking for so many outsiders. The wine at least was decent, which Senka took a long drink from.

"I ran into a seer, just by chance. She had been helping some lost soul. Well, I got a ride with her and she got a vision, from the Goddess herself." Senka nodded, leaning forward a little, "There was some lost soul that needed help."