Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What's this in my woods?

Started by Anonymous, March 21, 2011, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Iollan sat curled against a massive tree, looking out over his pool. It was his favorite place in the woods, calm and beautiful and carefully crafted over the years to suit him perfectly. No human had ever touched it, his sacred spring.

He felt it as soon as it touched his land. Iollan gave a small, hissing breath, curious. He had never felt anything like this in his land before, not human, no, not human at all. Moving through the woods, the fae tracked the creature, heading steadily towards it.

When he finally caught sight of the creature, is gave him pause. Strange looking, like nothing he had seen. Almost like some nymph or river spirit, but it felt different. Very different. And who did this thing think it was, coming into his land like he owned it! Where was his gift? His requests of permission.

Stepping out of the trees, he tilted his head, giving a small hiss, "Who are you? These are my woods, yet you walk boldly through them. You insult me."

Anonymous

Castien was easily lost since he left his familiar small tribe. The world was much bigger than he had anticipated, and navigating it was proving to be a hassle. Many times Castien had wandered in his half-aluen form so he could swiftly fly up and get a look at his surroundings.

Slowly, Castien made his way through the dense forest, many times having to stop to get his wings unstuck or pull his tail feathers from twigs. It was quite annoying, and being so preoccupied with getting stuck made him oblivious to the sounds of someone following him.

Soon enough, Castien found the small pond and was relieved to find some water to help cool himself off with. Though, he quickly found he was not alone. Looking up when the deep voice rang out and over to the man--or what he thought was a man but really had this ominous feel to him.

"I never knew woods could be claimed." Castien said in a cocky tone. He had enough of being yelled at over things. People felt they could claim anything-- that land is mine, that tree is mine, that branch is mine... Ugh.. Castien felt he should claim a speck of dirt someone stood on. He was so annoyed. "I don't give my name to those who are quick to assume." Castien stated in regards to insulting him. "I only come for the water-- or is that yours too?"

Anonymous

Iollan's eyes narrowed and he let out an angry hiss, "They are claimed by me. I am God here." He gestured to the man, furious at the disrespect he showed him, "This is all my place. All that you see here is mine. This forest, this land, this water. They are all mine and you will show me respect or I will rip your wings from you."

Anonymous

Castien just let out a chuckled. "Rip my wings from me over the mere fact that I chose to stand on the very land you own?" In spite of what Iollan said, he spread his wings more and stretched them out. Mocking the 'God' of sorts. Then, he took one step over the bank and let his feet sink into the soaked ground. Water rushing over his bare and dirty skin. "If I were to submerge myself, would you take my very Aluen soul?"

Castien knew that it was very rare for someone to recognize that term and know where he came from, but he was afraid of who he was-- or who knew. He just took another step into the cool water and grinned to Iollan.

Anonymous

Iollan let out a low hiss. How dare this stupid mortal creature mock him in his land? Sharp, burning hatred shot throw him. He was a God and they thought to disrespect him? "You will pay for your insults foolish, ugly bird!"

With a short, guttural word, the lake in the pond flashboiled, the water churning as bubbles burst to the surface. Castien was just lucky he hadn't found Iollan's pond or he would have already been ripping the phoenix apart.

Anonymous

"Ugly bird? Now that's not ni-" Castien's word were cut off when the water came to a boil. Great, heat. He was not very good with hot things. He quickly jumped back out of the water and looked to Iollan. "Now that's not very nice. Just think of all the creatures you just murdered."

Adjusting to the burning sensation on his feet, Castien took a step closer to Iollan, still not about to give up with fight. He now knew that the other could deal with heat, so he was hoping his swift escape from the water didn't give away that water was his weakness. "Why are you so fond of these woods?"

Anonymous

"Get. Out." Iollan's voice was low and angry, his body language tense. He was only a few seconds away from tearing the man apart with his bare hands. He was God of these woods and he would not tolerate disrespect from this creature.

"This is my place and you will leave. Or I will nourish this forest in your blood."

((OOC: ^__^;; Um...Iollan is really about to snap and kill Castien. Maybe he should play with a different character?))

Anonymous

(( OOC: Yeah, it does look as though Castien's going to end up boiled. Well, I don't mind another character. lol Got any suggestions?

Anonymous

((OOC: Anja, Doyle, Nadia, Ra'rin, Tiyu and Zarifa are all pretty laid back/unlikely to be violently offended by Castien being rude xD))

Anonymous

((OOC: Lol Well, Castien's in a mood. I dunno when it will end. But, I'll check them out tomorrow and let you know. Then we can get something else going. lol I'll also post something of Castien leaving so he doesn't get murdered.

Anonymous

Castien could see this was really going south and fast, plus his legs were still burning and aching. So, instead of sticking around to further upset the... 'god' of these woods he swiftly phased into the blue and white phoenix, looked at the man for a moment longer, then took off into the sky.

He decided to make a mental note not to visit those woods if he was in a rather testing mood.

Anonymous

(( OOC: Anja or Doyle would be fine with me. BTW.