Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shaeran's Connlaoth Planning

Started by Anonymous, June 14, 2011, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Shaeran sat down in the tavern with his quiver on his back. Unfortunately, some people looked down on others with weapons in a tavern, so he put a cap on his quiver, so it only looks like he has a tube on his back. His pouched belt hides his dagger and other various tools. It had taken some time for him to convince the gatekeepers to let him in, but the thief was charismatic enough to gain entrance. A man walked up to him and asked, "Care for a round on me?" Shaeran smirked. "Sit down and we'll discuss it." He motioned to the open chair next to him.

The man sat down and leaned in close. "Why are you here? You know it's rather risky for you to be in town now! Especially recently when the guards are on high alert for magic. Your arrows would set off the high alarms!" Shaeran rolled his eyes. "I'm here because my best raids were here. Now, do you have a recent map of the major spots?" The man nodded and slid a thin stack of folded parchment to the thief and he accepted it. Unfolding the top one, he examined it, running a finger over it. "Very nice. Thank you very much." He puts the folded parchments in one of his pouches, excepting the city map.

The man got up and left while Shaeran examined the map intently, running a finger over the various streets to some hot spots of his. A thin smile appeared on his lips as he plotted.

Rhindeer

Ah, Reajh, her old hometown! It felt good to finally be home. Sure she loved travel--except when it was to Serendipity, because good God but that had felt like walking into a lion's den--but no matter where she went, nothing could compare to the sights, smells, and sounds of her birthplace.

And, admittedly, she was looking forward to showing Adelaide around. It had been a long time since she'd been here with anyone who hadn't been here before and she rather liked showing off all the fun little spots that only a person who'd lived there all their life would know about. Of course, there were other issues to attend to first--like resting after a hard day's travel. The girl had long since received the mark of a mage, as required by law, so that at least was out of the way, and with no other pressing issues to deal with, Beatrid lead them to a tavern.

Beatrid handed their horses (and some coin) off to a hostler and guided Adelaide inside, taking a seat up at the bar.

"You haven't had real ale since you've had the stuff they serve here," she told the girl, tossing her long, thick braid back over her shoulder. "Ain't like that piss-weak Serenian beer."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Connlaoth was nothing at all like she had expected. For a place that didn't use magic, it seemed, well, civilized. Adelaide had been expecting dirt huts and people living in dirty furs or some such. It seemed a little silly now, really thinking about it, but that had always been her mental picture of the nation.

Absently fingering the mark on her dress, still unused to it, she glanced around the bar, eyes wide. This was not quite the place she had pictured her dashing Beatrid either, but, it had some earthy charm to it! Yes! She could just imagine noble Beatrid, spending time among the common folk. It gave her that rugged charm that made her adored by all.

Stepping closer, she wrapped her arms around Beatrid's, pressing her impressive décolletage against the other woman, "I shall have to try some! I can't pass up authentic Connlaothian ale! Though, I heard there are some amazing ciders from Connlaoth. Are there any in the city?"

Anonymous

Shaeran looked up from his map to see two beautiful women walk into the tavern. He smiled and wolf-whistled. With a chuckle, he rose, taking his map with him, and went to the bar and leaned on it. "Well, hello ladies. Care to join me for a drink?" He chuckled again and bowed. "Shaeran Depian, at your service." He smiled.

(FAIL POST!)

Rhindeer

"We're famous for our cider. Apples are in season this time; I'm sure we could find some place that'll be serving it about now," Beatrid answered, trying to ignore how Adelaide's bosom felt against her arm. The girl had a tendency to do that but she was sure she meant nothing by it. "We'll have to get you s--"

That was when she heard the wolf whistle. Cutting off short, Beatrid glowered and turned to look.

Oh. Lovely.

As the man leaned against the counter near them, Beatrid let out a long-suffering sigh and fixed him with her most disgruntled expression. Even if she were interested in men she didn't think she would ever get enjoyment out of the whole spectacle some men made of themselves when confronted by the opposite sex. Sure, it was entertaining sometimes--when it wasn't directed at she and her ward.

"Nah, I think we're pretty fuckin' capable of getting sloshed all on our own," she said, and waved the barkeep over.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The whistle startled Adelaide and she blinked, confused for a moment. Then she realized he was whistling at her Beatrid! Clinging to Beatrid a little tighter, she studied the other man, "Thank you for the offer. But my companion isn't very social."

She gave a bright, brittle smile, "Doesn't like many people. I'm sure we wouldn't be very good company."

Anonymous

Shaeran chuckled. "Aw, I'm sure of that, mi'ladies." He shrugged, deciding not to push his offer. He smiled one more time before returning to his table and opening his map again, tracing various paths before drawing his dagger and marking two spots and hiding his dagger once more. Shame those girls won't join me... Though why is one of them familiar? Shaeran had seen most of the guards during his stays here, but he wasn't sure if he had seen this one. He shrugged and ordered a drink. Maybe he would remember while drunk.

Rhindeer

Beatrid shot Adelaide a look, eyebrows raised. Good God, but the girl was making her out to be some ogre! It wasn't that she didn't like many people; there were many people she liked! It was just that she didn't like stupid, obnoxious people, and stupid, obnoxious people vastly outnumbered the other sorts. It was simply a matter of ratios, was all.

"...Right," Beatrid agreed, still eying Adelaide. "I hate people. Absolutely loathe 'em." It sounded so ridiculous, she just had to say it.

But at least it got them some space--though, admittedly, there was something familiar about the man now that her brain was moving past the initial annoyance. Hrm. She wondered why that was, some niggling thought that she should know poking at her mind. But it must not have been that important if it wasn't immediately springing to memory, so she turned her attention to the approaching barkeep and ordered an ale.

"Whatcha want?" She nudged Adelaide lightly.

Anonymous

"Oh, don't be like that." Adelaide looked up at Beatrid, still happily cuddled against her, "You didn't want to talk to him either. Now, I believe you were telling me something about cider!" Turning her attention to the barkeep, Adelaide gave him a huge smile, though it faltered at the cold look she got in return.

"Oh, um, a cider please..." She wasn't used to having the mark on her chest and the reaction it received. People didn't really want mages around.

Anonymous

Shaeran sipped his drink that was delivered while he planned. Then it hit him. Oh no... Now I know why she's familiar! The man groaned inwardly. She's one of those magic-shutdown guards... I've never bothered to learn their proper name. Aw crap, this will NOT end well if she recognizes me... He looked at Beatrid warily. He sipped his drink again and absently fingered the cap of his quiver. If all else fails, maybe a Frost Arrow to freeze them in place while I make my escape...

Rhindeer

Beatrid flashed the barkeep a warning look, noticing his cold expression. "You heard her. I'm controlling the purse here so get her the damned cider." Eugh, maybe she should have warned Adelaide about how things worked here. Wouldn't matter to the common folk whether Adelaide was a diplomat or not--either way, she was still cursed, still tainted, and it was the Serenians that were backwards, allowed to run around willy-nilly and unchecked.

As he left to fetch their drinks, Beatrid turned her attention back on her. "Well, no. You're right," she said, and paused as the barkeep brought Adelaide her cider and Beatrid her ale. She grabbed her tankard and took a long gulp, savoring the flavor of rich Connlaothian beer. Then she gave Adelaide a light nudge with her elbow.

"Try your cider. See how ya like it. We have the sweetest apples up he--"

She felt eyes on her and caught the man from earlier...watching them. Okay? She gave him a look and arched an eyebrow. "You can stare all ya want, we ain't gonna start dancing."

Anonymous

Adelaide did her best to shrug off the oppressive atmosphere that seemed to follow her around now that she had the mark and instead focused on Beatrid. It was positively heroic how Beatrid had swept in to save her. It was utterly swoon worthy!

Taking a sip of her cider, Adelaide made a pleased sound, "Oh! That is good! You weren't kidding!"

She hadn't noticed the man staring and when Beatrid snapped at him, she turned, confused, "Maybe he needs something?"

Anonymous

Shaeran rolled his eyes and reached a hand behind him. If she recognized him, he would strike first. His fingers lightly wrapped around his dagger hilt as he sipped his drink and he looked down. He needed to etch a map of the tavern into this table at some point so he can plan escapes without being noticed.

(My posts have been really short recently...)