Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

(M) Traveling Light (Ghanon)

Started by Anonymous, June 18, 2011, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Your world...it is gone now?" "What happened to it so that it so strongly affected this place?"

Though the nerve endings in her hand picked up on his gliding touch her mind was far from her body and their voices.  In a far removed placed of her mind she was grateful for his apparent sympathy.  However, she was in another place now and though she responded to him, it was not her, but the automated version of her that took charge when she felt herself slipping.  Her face was so far downcast that as her tears came, one by one they fell directly from her lashes to the floor.  She seemed to be fixed on their feet, but she saw nothing.  The hand he had interlocked with his own only submitted to the embrace having no rigidity of its own.  Slackened and feeling the weight of that which she avoided minute to minute every day, she let him guide her now.

Debilitated, she lifted her face enough to be understood when she spoke, but remained unable to focus on anything solid around them.  She was in another place now, an imaginary rerun behind her eyes of her final days as Queen.  A perverted smirk crossed her lips as she thought of how absurd it was to consider herself a Queen anymore...  There was no one left to rule, and no reason for an heir to her throne.  Just as her home was, she was nothingness.

"It is no more." Her voice was steady, though dehydrated, "The only trace of it is the astral dust left on my body, in my lungs...  I breathe its scent and taste its acridity always.  That is what remains of us....  Them..."

She sighed, suddenly aching for another boiling bath.  The storm outside was beginning to show its force.  The few windows in the cabin jostled in their frames against the abusive wind, and this stirred her from her trance to glimpse the chaos taking place around them.  Fleetingly she wondered if Ghanon had anything to do with the change in weather.

Canis had awakened due to the disruption of the storm.  Yawning and stretching, he moved himself to the kitchen to lay on the cool wood floor.  Their nudity was hardly noticeable to him, as gods were often shameless and superior to the silly insecurities of mortals.

Lana's heart leapt at the sound of the disturbance outside.  Though it was powerful, and she naturally felt apprehensive in the presence of such brutal force, she knew that her communion, however weakened, with its element would ensure her protection.  

"It was my born purpose, my only purpose, to place my people before myself, to always be wise and thus protect the serenity of their static existence."

She ran her fingertips along her collar bone, "I was born a deity to fulfill this function, for only they are perfect in their discretion."  The last of her words were tinted with sarcasm.

She seemed to glow brighter now, evidence of her celestial origin, her eyes suddenly fixing to his with ferocity, "So when you ask, can a god make a mistake?"  She paused, "I can."

Lion

If he looked into her eyes deep enough, he was sure that he could almost see the world she envisioned, where she had been before.  There was a familiarity too it and he saw within her own pupils a reflection of himself that he'd known only too well and seen countless times before.  He listened to her tale after some deep meditative thought.  Outwardly he had held her hand closed in his own and gave her his full attention once she got started.

She seemed so introverted as if she spirited away to that other time, that other place and abandoned him to the here and now.  But it was an expression the he knew well, one that he wore when not in the presence of another.  There was always time to waste, he had all the time in the universe and this mere moment was but a fraction of the eternity that possessed him.  She revealed all that she could to him and he didn't pressure though certain key words stuck with him.

He felt a small rise in anger at the very mention of a static existence.  That was the very thing Dragolir...Ghanon had sought to fight against, it hindered, made feeble the strong, for nothing could be gained nor lost in the narrow, straining coil of Order.  She had a purpose to keep her people in a place of static repetition, it seemed, he felt revolted inside at the very thought.  For Corroth had been no different.  But change, if given the right circumstances, would always find a way.

He met her eyes unflinchingly when she had referred back to his own question and he reached out a hand to her face, in hopes she'd take the comfort and explain further if she so felt the need.  "They all can, no matter what kind of deity they claim to be," he said.  "But power is an all-consuming thing, and nobody can make the right decision all the time.  What mistake you made, it weighs heavily upon you."  He was aware of the heightened storm outside and it seemed that what was supposed to be a light snow, had turned into a blizzard.  He felt a sudden disturbance in the air as a realization dawned on him, the exact nature of it, he couldn't bring himself to say.

Instead he remained by Lana's side and tried to comfort her, though it was one in half-understanding and half-apprehension, though he did not seem apprehensive so outwardly.  The storm was getting worse and he could feel the cold drifting on his body, though it didn't affect him like it did a mortal.  "It's getting chilly in here," he grinned, trying to lighten the mood.  "There's still time to rest if you want it.  I could stay if you want, but with your permission of course."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

The prospect of rest was so unbelievably comforting to her exhausted mind and body.  On her way to Darken Vei she had made certain to avoid drifting into the realm of dreams.  She hadn't yet become accustomed to sleeping alone, and beyond that, her mind simply would not let her sleep.  It was a more frustrating experience than a pleasant one, often leaving her more fatigued than if she had remained awake through the night.  And so, instead, she occupied herself during the night hours.  

Remembering how heavenly the warmth of his flesh against her own had been, she caved to her appetite for affection.  More than anything, she needed a loving touch.

"As far as I am concerned, this place is yours...  I wouldn't ask you to depart after you've shown me such hospitality."

His hand had remained on her cheek for a few moments, and though she was angered by all that had passed between them, how he had used her, how he had insulted her...  He was the only person she felt any amount of closeness to.  It was pitiful, but true.  And after having been so utterly alone for so long, letting him be near her was a matter of survival.

"Please." She folded her hands in front of her, "I want you here."

Lion

Every friend was an enemy and every enemy could be a friend.  The mantra he'd engraved in his very heart was not proving to be so guiding now.  For though he knew her allegiance to that which was opposite the line he usually tread, there was still a chance that she was not a threat.  And if she didn't, well, she'd certainly be a fun game to occupy his time with.

Ghanon smiled softly at her and bowed his head in comprehension.  "As you wish," and he held out a hand for her own, pulling her near and holding her close.  He kissed her forehead and tried to get her to grin, just a little.  "I don't suppose you sleep with complete strangers often do you?" he joked and gave a wry smile himself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

A deep red flushed her cheeks as he tossed out innuendos.  She was squished up against him like a child might be, being much shorter and more petite than he was.  Inwardly she felt something alarming about how close he was becoming to her, but for tonight, just tonight, she told herself, she would pretend it was safe, real.  

"You're enjoying yourself too much." She smiled back, "It would be unwise to suppose anything about me just yet."

With that she playfully pushed him away and turned, sauntering toward the kitchen where Canis lay contently sleeping.  She leant down and scratched behind his ears, his sleepy eyes parting just enough to view her, the long snout widening to release a great yawn.  He pulled himself wearily to his feet, and followed her to the nearest door where a prepared bed awaited them.

Lion

"Just trying to lighten the mood.  A little."

Ghanon raised a brow at her, clearly feigning hurt at having just been "told."  Still he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him and he sat on the settee and watched her with curious, glinting eyes, that looked over her once again.  He was watching her, as he always watched those that still seemed strange to him.  Sharing a body was not the same as sharing heart, and though he had related to her, the ripping open of old wounds had been far too much to borne.

He could not think if he was focused on his past.  So instead he focused on her and knew that perhaps she might be interested enough to discover some things about this world, if she wished it.  But that remained to be seen.

He watched them with an unassuming face as Lana led her companion to the room and he sat up and stood by the door, just curious to see what this was all about.  There were two bedrooms after all.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Canis lifted his massive front paws onto the bed and pulled himself lightly onto the soft mattress.  Lana also slipped her weary form onto the silken sheets and pressed her forehead to his.  Clearly, there was a bond between them that had not been sullied by her sordid past.  Canis understood her better than anyone had, having been her adviser and guardian since the moment of her birth.  

Beneath his fur peeked the turquoise pouch he had purchased for her.  She delicately removed it with her fingertips,  beginning to unravel the golden yarn tie.  Within was a pendant, masculine in its design and decorated with a serpent.  She caressed the metal and stone, gazing on it in fascination before she pressed it to her lips and allowed it to linger.  She then proceeded to clasp the pendant around her neck, and spied Ghanon's figure in the doorway.

"Are you cold?" she queried.

Lion

The relationship between her and that wolf it was visible even in plain sight.  It was not so very unusual to see people bonded with animals, especially one that seemed so deep as theirs.  He could tell they relied on one another.  He did not have one like that, not one he could depend on.  But that was to be expected with someone like him.  Not many beings liked associating with someone who could never truly dictate his own loyalties.

When she looked at him he offered a gentle smile, and spread an arm on the doorway.  It was a curious thing that she put around her neck.  "It is rather chilly in here, so yes.  Are you?" he asked and gazed at her deeply, staring at her chest and the pendant that hung there, but it was a fleeting glance before he met her eyes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Fleeting though it was, Lana's attentions were always particularly keen to the pendant and she noticed his glance as if he had stared for minutes on end.  Instinctively, she wrapped the pendant in her palm as it hung from her neck, as if to protect it from being seen.

"You must be." She smiled, passing her eyes over his naked form and insinuating an unspoken perverted jest, "I am warm.  The sheets are warm."

She passed her hand over the blankets as if to entice him, then leaned backward against the pillows and let a small yawn escape her mouth.  Her eyes looked heavy, but ever alert.  Canis had curled up on the floor amongst a mess of pillows and blankets she had quickly designed for him.

Lion

"Yes...they look warm," Ghanon replied, undoubtedly interested in what she seemed to be proposing.  He came over to her and sat beside her on the bed, just smiling a faint twist of his mouth.  "You look pretty chilly yourself.  I can help you with that if you like?" He flirted lightly and leaned over her.

Ghanon hovered his face close to hers, sure to ignore the pendant with his sight and pressed his mouth to her neck.  "This bed looks far too big with just you in it.  Do you mind if I join you?"  He slipped in beside her and relaxed his form, grinning before leaning in to kiss her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Lana was sure to make room for him, for the bed was vast and there was plenty of space for the two of them.  His body, his lips, hot, beautiful, majestic, his breath sweet...  She found herself being so glad that he had shifted to his natural form.  She was drawn to him in innumerable ways, but even more so to his eyes that seemed constantly to be a shifting, silvery liquid.  She allowed him to take her lips again, but was this time coy in her approach.

After giving him only a taste, she pulled the blankets to her chest, still taking care to casually veil the pendant.  

"It's your bed." She remarked, and drew a fingertip along the sculpted hills of his chest and abdomen.

"When you say Son of Dragolir....  What exactly does that mean for you?"

She was curious to know just how much he shared with the character of the god of change.

Lion

Beside her, he let her cover herself up as the kiss was short and he let her feel her hand along him in any way she pleased.  He had no secrets physically and rather enjoyed the contact.  He helped guide her hand along his still beating heart, one that had been the engine of change for a thousand worlds and still more to come.

"My  bed?  No.  Our bed."  he said with a grin.

"He made me...what I am today," he explained to her softly, so nonchalant.  "I was his protege and possess all of his rather unique talents, if I do say so myself.  Why?  Do I not satisfy?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

The truth was, Dragolir's character had been so edited throughout the years that she couldn't be sure she could rely on the version she knew.  It was ironic that the story of the god of change should be so... changed.  

Ghanon's remark was obviously a ploy to evoke a playfully sexual reply from her, or so she thought.  She never could assume innocence from him.

"You satisfy, for now." She quipped, feeling the thick beating of his heart, "I only wondered... how much of you has been melded with him.  And what your purpose is, now that you share an identity."

Her hand roamed as freely as he felt comfortable, getting lost in conversation and the velvet of his skin.  There was nothing like flesh...  Nothing so tempting and thrilling, fulfilling...  Even a brief touch brought such a feeling of completeness.  She drew her fingertip down the length of his side, and rested her hand on his hip.

Lion

If her hand was free to explore so was his own and though she remained under the sheets, his hand explored the valleys of her own hips through the thin fabric of the sheet.  He said nothing until his hand came to the crest of her breast and he caressed it gently before slipping under the sheets with her as well.

"Change, darling.  No greater purpose me than that.  But I know you'll always wonder at the truth in my answers.  But I meant it when I said before that I wished you no harm.  But know that I am me, entirely me.  And me is what you'll get if you want it enough."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

His answers were so vague, and it bothered her.  It seemed he really had no identity of his own anymore, and it was fitting that the harbinger of fluctuation  would be himself so inconsistent.  The magnitude of his frustration expressed only minutes ago made more sense now.  She could also understand his need to find some grounding in her suffering, a suffering that was similar to his own, yet perhaps more tangible.  She could only imagine that not being sure of oneself moment to moment would be a living nightmare.

His caress was still so new to her that she found herself instinctively draw in a short breath as he freely followed the roundness of her breast.  

"I don't know what I want.  In anything.  I know what I enjoy...  What I fear..." she didn't say it, but he embodied both so well.  "Whatever you are, though, from moment to moment, I will always be curious about you."

She let him explore, her hand still rested at the top of his thigh, shy to venture much further.  She believed him when he said he would bring no harm to her.

Lion

His answers were vague, but not without a sense of truth to them.  Even well-crafted lies sometimes had stems of truth.  But Ghanon neither lied nor was completely honest with his word choices.  He was himself, always himself, even when he was not.  Whether it was in the guise of a mortal or a beast, his mind was his own.  And though he could assume any identity he wished, he still clung to that vague, whisper of the memory of himself.  He was Ghanon and this was his true form.

There was no true explanation of what Ghanon was...  Was he a man?  Was he a god?  He had touched the surface of godhood, but could not fully assume that mantle and nor would he want to.  He spurned the gods and all their worth, just as they did him.  Why should it be any difference?  He was caught somewhere in a deeply grayed space that had no explanation, that needed none if one could accept him as he were.  Ghanon 's eyes contained a peculiar mixture of sorrow and amusement when she spoke, but he said nothing of what he thought.

Instead he took his resting arm and used it to brush tresses of her hair from her face, curls that were a soft golden blonde, and smooth to the touch.  He kissed her cheek and jaw lightly.  And peered at her with an easy-going expression.  "You seem like you haven't yet sated your curiosity, have you?"  Ghanon's hand removed itself from her breast and placed it atop hers and guided it down his leg and around it, along his hamstring and to his bottom.  "Sometimes you don't have to know what you want...  All you need is a little curiosity and you're free to explore away."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

It was funny to her that he continually turned the conversation to things of a more.... Carnal nature.  He must have assumed that she was an easy win.  Ghanon was partially right.  When she wanted to give in to her lusts, she would, at least with him.  She knew that she wouldn't be exploited by him, but by the same token, she wasn't willing to give him the reigns of their sexual relationship.  Or at least... She wouldn't make it easy.

She feigned disinterest and smiled, squeezing the flesh he had placed her hand over so brazenly, "I think it is you whose hunger for exploration has not be satiated.  Am I right in saying so?"

A twinkle entered her eye as she fingered the pendant unknowingly, pulling her hand away from him and biting her fingernail, "Should I exit the room and allow you to alleviate said hunger?"

Her playful side had shown through, and quickly, and she wasn't about to stop letting the flow of good humor run its course.

Lion

Ghanon was a creature of temptation.  His words might have been taken as an attempt at control, but he always gave those he encountered nothing but mere choices.  He was enjoying the attention of course, but she seemed to be toying with him in vague strands that were doing well to pull on him.  And he would meet her any which way she wanted him to.

"I'm never satisfied," he admitted with just a fleeting tease.  "I think I might have a better time alleviating it with a certain blonde goddess than I would alone.   But if you want to make leave, feel free to do so.  You seem...very shy with this kind of thing."

He grinned knowingly, though he knew he wanted to press her buttons just a little.  He put a hand on her side and chuckled with a lifted brow, gazing down at her expectantly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Shy??  Her eyes deepened to a shade of royal blue as she laughed loudly.  Of course, he was baiting her.  Fortunately, she understood this well.  He wasn't the first to try to tantalize her, and though he wasn't the first to succeed, his little temptations no matter how they originated would do him no good unless she felt in the mood to be enticed.  Her body was a prize to be won, and at times, fully impossible to win.  But she had to commend him for trying...

She leaned forward and gazed at him a while before taking his bottom lip between her own soft, moist lips and giving him a little nip.

"I think you'll do fine on your own, tonight.  You're more than capable of handling such personal matters...." she glanced downward and then smiled.

Lana then drew herself from the bed, the jewels embedded into her spine glittering in the dim light of the candles.  Canis rose from his place in his comfortable pile of blankets and pillows, a bit resentful that she would not settle in one place.  He did, however, follow her without protest as she meandered toward the door, allowing her curves full range of motion.  

She paused in the doorway, "Sleep well, if you sleep at all.  As for me, I never stay still for long.  But knowing you occupy this place will bring me a great deal more comfort."

With that, she turned, sending Canis through the door and pulled it closed behind her with one last coy glance in Ghanon's direction.

Lion

It was so interesting watching her eyes change color like that, in some similar sense to his own, but they did not fluctuate like the surface of water.  They seemed to shift based on how she felt, though he wondered if she would let him discover that part of her nature.  But he understood quickly that that was a privilege he'd have to earn, just as her body was.  He found something in him that was rather eager to do so.  But he was a patient man and would see how things played out.

He let her get up from the bed and watched her with a playful grin and let her close the door behind her before he got out of the bed and shimmered on his robes, the glinting silver bracers on his wrists that seemed of an arcane nature.  He remembered the floorboard he pried open and left for others to see.  He ought to seal that if he could.

He waited for at least a half an hour before opening the door to the darkness of the cabin without.  The fire had died low and he crouched out, stepping as lightly as his boots would let him and made his way to where he'd left the floor exposed underneath.

There was a small mirror, rounded like a locket, and held on a thin simple chain.  He thought of the pendant Lana had clutched and played with while she flirted with him.  It wasn't too soon, he thought, to give her a little gift.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn