Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Putting out fire (with gasoline) [M]

Started by Lion, June 19, 2011, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Ghanon coughed as Ba'ast pulled him off.  The Baron stumbled back and coughed as he suddenly began to turn pale.  Ghanon stood up, eyes like soul daggers that wanted to tear him apart.  He grabbed up the Baron by his neck and pinned him to one side of the crystal wall.

The Baron coughed blood from his injury and held onto Ghanon's hand.  "You can't kill me," he breathed at the man that held him up in the air.  "You're not a murderer."

"I told you I would get that shard.  You said you prepared yourself...but it wasn't enough," Ghanon laughed at him.  "I will get it out of you one way or another."  

The Baron laughed at this, which made Ghanon frown.  "You think you're strong enough to wield the shard?  Hahaha!  But I see it in your eyes.  You're no murderer.  You're weak...  Just like your brother!"

"You know nothing!'

Ghanon's eyes flew wide at the words and squeezed his neck harder with the hand that held him and, as green energy poured from his other fist, he drove it deep into the Baron's chest, causing him to scream out loud.  The energy drilled into him, tearing through to his heart and once Ghanon had his hand inside, he pulled out a shard of golden glass.  Blood seeped from the Baron's wound, the one in his back and the one in his chest, his eyes open as he died underneath Ghanon's grasp.   He let him go and watched his body slowly limp to the ground.

He held the golden shard in his hand covered in blood that slowly bubbled up and drifted off his hand.  Looking back he saw Ba'ast on the ground and knelt beside her.  He dropped the shard by her side and cradled her head in the crook of his arm without asking her or saying anything.  Ghanon placed his mouth over hers though not in a kiss and slowly a green light drifted from his into hers, pulling the effects of the poison out of her and replacing it with some of his own energy.

The light ceased and he shook her shoulders.  "Snap out of it, dammit.  C'mon."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Ba'ast watched as Ghanon proceeded to kill the Baron. Though her eyes seemed foggy, and her gaze seemed very distant. She only managed to keep her gaze on Ghanon to see him succeed in getting the shard before her eyes rolled back in her head and closed and she fell the rest of the way to the floor.

Everything went black for her, but she could tell she was still alive, even if the pain of the wounds no longer was felt. She figured death would be more interesting, but that was not the case. Behind her closed eyes she saw this sickening bright green light, and it soon felt like she had a burst of power. Though she was still weak, she was coming to.

The shake only snapped her out of her passed out state. Her eyes opened slowly and she looked up at the bright ceiling, then closed them tightly before forcing them open again and looking at Ghanon's face. Slightly confused. "Did you get it?" she mumbled out. It was pretty much the only thing she could think to say.

Lion

Ghanon grinned at her and held up the shard before her eyes.  A glinting piece of glass that shone like gold, as all gold did.  This was the shard, he knew it.  "It was in his chest.  Just like he said it was.  Now, c'mon we have to go."  Ghanon stood up and held out his hand to her to help her up.  "I'm going to need that other shard you have if you don't mind."  When she produced it, he carefully placed it side by side with the gold shard in his hand.  Instantly they were drawn together like magnets until both of them shone to be gold and soon the crystal room around them began to shatter like glass and shards of it fell to pieces all around them.  He kept close to her until they were back in the Baron's room.

Ghanon looked around him and smiled.  "It worked.  But we can't stay here for long.  We should go.  This contest has long since been over.  And the Baron," he looked down at his corpse.  "he will find more solace in death than in life."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She eyed the shard and sighed. "Good.. I don't want to pull that move again." she muttered and took his hand. Getting to her feet and holding her side as she looked around the room and back to him when he asked for the shard. She held out her hand and it appeared in the gray smoke, then she handed it to him without a second thought.

Stepping closer to him when the room collapsed and they were back in the baron's room. She withheld the urge to spit on the baron's corpse and nodded. "Yeah.. Let's get out of here. I need to be able to sit down for a while." She was so weak that it was taking her a while to heal, even with his added power.

Lion

He couldn't afford to wait for her and nor did he believe that the servants would react kindly to the body of their boss lying limp in his own room.  Ghanon looked at her with furrowed brows then proceeded to lift her up.  He threw her into his arms and kicked the door open.  Just then the mansion began falling apart around them.  Holding the shard with one hand while he cradled Ba'ast, he walked down the stairs without looking back.

It seemed as if the servants and the remaining guests didn't even have time to think as they dodged pieces of the ceiling.  The baron's dream had ended with him it seemed and the stability of the shards could no longer hold together the illusion of what he'd wanted.  The door was promptly opened, even as a slab of wall smashed the servant that tried to open it.  The walls began to crack and crumble in on themselves.  

But Ghanon walked down the stairs calmly and straight through the no longer barricaded entrance.  And kept walking until they were safely from the gates.  Somewhere in the surrounding forest, he put her down and remained beside her.  "Now...now you may sit," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She winced when she was pulled up into his arms and looked at his face, then turned her head to watch the commotion. Seeing people fleeing and dodging pieces of that elaborate mansion caused a wicked grin to form on her face. The pains of humans made the pains in her side so much more bearable.

But, it only took Ghanon what felt like seconds to get them out of the building and into the forest, and she was sat down on a fallen tree. Ba'ast adjusted her bandage, but just sighed. It wasn't good enough to cover the other wound, and her outfit was stained with her blood. But, more importantly. Ghanon had protected her. She looked up at him and pursed her lips. "By the way... why did you protect me back then?" she asked. Sure, she repaid his graces by stabbing through herself, but even after that he had saved her. "You like me. Don't you?"

Lion

Ghanon sat beside her and produced the shard.  He held it lovingly in his hand as if it were the most precious thing in the universe.  And to him it very well was.  Nothing could have been more important to him than the shard.  As he held it in his hands, the shard seemed lighter and he couldn't even see the crack that had broken the two in place.  They had become one and as a result most likely doubled in power.  He was lost in thought all the while she spoke to him.

"Huh?  Like you?"  Ghanon found himself chuckling.  "Just because I protected you...you think I like you?  You're arrogant, self-centered, incredibly beautiful, easily bored and angered.  Yes, I like you.  So what if I do?  I was protecting my investment, that's how I look at it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She eyed him when he laughed at her question, but his next words did shock her even though she knew the answer and she looked to the shard. "I knew it." she said proudly and held out her hand. "Can I have my shard back?" she asked, waiting for it to be placed on her palm and it she eyed it. Then turned to look at him.

"Hm. You know. We should date." she said firm in her words. Looking at his face. She figured dating him would be rather interesting.

Lion

Ghanon looked at her then at the shard that had combined with the Baron's.  After a few more glances he handed it back to her and knew that it was probably for the best.  "I think you'll be better off to take of it than I am," Ghanon concluded quietly.

Her next statement caught him completely off-guard.  "Excuse me?" he said.  "Date.  What makes you think we should date?  How do you know I'd be a good match for you?"  He smirked at her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She tucked the shard away and leaned in close to him. "Because you enjoy my company just as much as I enjoy yours.. And.. You want it." She stated. She didn't care how weak she was.. Nothing stopped her when she wanted something. So she pressed her lips to his ear. Letting her tongue flick over the skin before she breathed hotly on it.  

Ba'ast then moved closer to him and practically sat on his lap. Looking into his eyes intently. "Just say yes, Ghanon."

Lion

Ghanon looked at his hand.  "You're getting in the habit of making far too many good points.  I don't know about dating though.  We did just meet after all and you should know that I'm not inclined to stick around in any place far too long."  He let his breath splay on her neck, and kissed it lightly before grinning at her.  "It's all very tempting, isn't it.  And I have a feeling you're inclined to getting what you want."

"You're interesting enough that it might be worth a try.  But I hope you don't mind if we travel do you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She grinned when he kissed her neck and leaned back. Looking over his face as he asked if she would mind if they traveled. Her whole life was traveling so she was fine with that. "That's fine with me. I travel all the time." She said. Then leaned in and kissed his lips. "Plus, it'll be more interesting to have someone with."

She did pause, though and nodded her head. "And, yes.. I do get what I want."

Lion

"Greedy and vivacious.  Makes me wonder, I don't suppose anyone else has landed in my position before have they?  Exactly how do you treat your lovers?"  Ghanon smiled and gently brushed her hair out of her face.  He leaned in and kept kissing her neck, dragging his teeth along her skin before his lips lingered by her ear.

"So where to?  The moon?  Bottom of the sea?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Hm.. I have to admit that I have never had an official relationship. Just plenty of lovers." She admitted. "And, I can assure you... I would treat you like I have been." She licked her bottom lip and moved to sit on his lap and smirked. "The moon or bottom of the sea? Why not the moon? I haven't been there yet."

Ba'ast mind was preoccupied though. And now that her energy was building, her wounds were starting to close up.

Lion

Ghanon held her waist when she sat on his lap and let a loose hand gently rub her thighs, making idle circles with his fingers and looked her over like he'd just gone to a carnival and was taking home his prize.  "The moon, it is then.  Why don't we go and see what we can find there."  He chuckled and nibbled on her earlobe.

"I see you're feeling better, and that scar from before is fading.  If you're right as rain, let's go."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She wiggled on his lap a little, reaching up to brush his hair back and made sure every strand was in place. Chuckling as he nibbled on her ear and she turned her head and sucked on his ear lobe. "Yes, I am feeling better. Thanks to you. What ever you did got rid of that poison." She said.

Ba'ast leaned back and looked over her wounds. Pulling off the makeshift bandage and checking how they closed. "They'll take a while to fade."

Lion

"It was little trick I learned back when...I used to grow old.  I don't even remember what it's called but at least I remembered how to do it.  And that is what counts after all."  Ghanon looked as she pulled off the bandages.  His other hand reached up and felt along the old wounds where the skin was scarring.  "But even before they fade, at least they'll be very sexy to look at.  But I'm sure you know that."

[Continued in: "A new beginning..."]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn