Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Putting out fire (with gasoline) [M]

Started by Lion, June 19, 2011, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He had to make sure, something in his mind told him, that what he sought was not turned into the prize.  And there was nothing like a little investigating that could turn his thoughts around.  Rest was the furthest thing from his mind right now.  There was still so much to do, and so few opportunities to do it in.  But at least now, this task was accomplished and now pushed the threat of competition to the least of his worries list.  Now that she was effectively going to work with him, he could keep a much closer eye on her.

He would not let on just all that he was capable of.  If he didn't favor a challenge once in a while, he would just go in and steal the prize, whatever it was, and that would be the end of it.  Of course, that was the first method he tried, as teleportation and clairvoyance certainly had their uses.  Yet, try as he might, he could not locate neither the shard he sought, nor the prize.  Never one to deny the possibility of anything, Ghanon considered that the objects might not even be here at all.  But that was blowing smoke up his own ass.  He did not know what sort of enchantments the Baron had set up to protect his "investments," but whatever they were, they were obviously powerful enough to repel him and evade his attempts at locating them.  So the game, in a sense, was the last resort.

Ghanon smiled when she accepted the deal and flashed his eyes a shade of gold before they reverted back to their normal green-rimmed silver ones.  He said nothing when she came as close as she could without merging through his body as he was wont to do.  It was always a fun trick to show off, and sometimes convenient to get away from undesired contact.  He did not make himself ethereal, now, and simply let her touch him as she pleased.  It wasn't like any harm could come to him if he didn't.

"I will hide nothing from you that is vital our mutual victory," he promised with a smirk.  It was an easy thing to get around, and he had no loyalties to anyone save himself.  Even if this, in a sense, was a lie, it was not a direct one, for there was much that he kept from her, such as what he was looking for, that did not in any way infringe on whether or not they won.

"There is so much still left to be done," he said.  He reached underneath his clothes and grabbed her hand, pulling it out gently.  "First, I need a body, if you understand my meaning.  After all, Ophelia has just passed away, quietly, in her room."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Ba'ast felt that him telling her what was necessary was good enough for now. As long as she had that and he wasn't going to be fucking her over at some point, she would be fine. It was more the fact of winning that she was after, many trinkets she didn't care for. Many prizes she would promptly toss out. But, the fact that Ghanon was looking for a prize that the Baron had, and was going through all this trouble to find it, told her that there was something she at least wanted to see. How she reacted to said item in the end was for just that. Her to find out in the end.

But, at this moment, she was quite content with testing this man. Seeing just how much of a man he really was. And when he pulled her hand out of his shirt she chuckled. Not many people were able to resist her 'testing.' Then again, most men (and women) were quick to jump at their chance the second she started her strange 'testing.' Then she would rob them blind. But that's beside the point.

When Ghanon mentioned he needed a new body and that Ophelia had died away in her room, Ba'ast nodded. "Well, finding you a body is easy. You need one that you are going to take the form of, or someone to mold into her look and kill to leave in Ophelia's room? Oh.. and from the game or someone from outside?" Once she got her answer, she snapped her fingers and a swarm of sand swept over her bed and ten vanished. Leaving behind the body of a sleeping person for Ghanon to do what he needed. Ba'ast was was always sure to leave traces of sand on everyone. Then she could track them, and even teleport to them-- even bring them to her.

She looked up to Ghanon's face and stepped back. Crossing her arms over her chest. "Well. There you go."

Lion

Her touch had all been very enticing to be sure.  And if this were any other moment, he might have actually seriously considered staying here with her.  He figured, the servants would remember who they had taken to each room as each servant was assigned to one guest or pair of guests.  He imagined that one of them would be surprised to find a strange guest in bed with another they were sure had gone in there alone.  Well, it couldn't possibly seem that far-fetched, the doors were left unlocked anyway.

"A body for Ophelia.  Someone from the inside should be perfectly suitable.  I expect you to be prompt," he added before he watched her suddenly turn into a small, room-sized sandstorm.  In that instant, Ghanon made his body intangible, like the air itself as the sand swirled around the room and then she vanished.  That was a little unexpected, but he smiled nonetheless.  It was a nice surprise.

When she returned, Ghanon could be found sitting in a corner of the room, one leg crossed on the other with one heel resting on the other's knee.  But no seat was underneath him, like the air held him suspended while he waiting.  "What a magnificent entrance you made there," he commented casually before standing up from his seated position.

He walked over to the woman she had brought him, her sleeping form  seemingly undisturbed as she resided on the bed.  He'd avoided the sand with his ghostly form, though as it dissipated, a small grain had lodged itself into a fold along his sleeve as he returned to a physical form.  "She's perfect," he whispered as he carefully sat beside the sleeping guest.  She didn't seem to notice she was anywhere else and appeared beautiful in her slumbering youth.  It was a shame really, but it had to be done.  Ghanon leaned over her, not quite touching her face as he caressed his hand along her cheeks.  His face came close enough to feel her breath, and a green light soon flowed from his mouth to hers.  A she kept breathing, the energy flowed into her and soon, her breathing slowed and eventually ceased as she struggled to maintain it, choking until she struggled no more.

Ghanon looked at her with solemn eyes, but his face showed no regret.  And soon, her form shimmered like water as well as her body turned into what had been Ophelia's, powder white skin and still in her evening gown.  Ghanon lifted her up into his arms cradling her like a lost part of himself and took her to the mirror, before passing through it without trouble.  He appeared like a reflection in the mirror and passed through the door.  When the body was place safely in his room, he returned through the mirror that rippled like a puddle of water.  "Now that is complete, it shall do," he stated plainly with a grin.  "Thank you, love.  You're as useful as you are beautiful."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

When Ba'ast returned to the room with the woman, she looked over to Ghanon and took note of how he sat on the air like it was solidified under him. She set the body down on her bed and watched the man come over and take care of things. She almost had a twinge of anger with how he seemed almost remorseful to taking the woman's life, but watching that green light get breathed in and the woman slowly succumbed to a slow death, she smirked. That was an interesting power, and she was glad that she would be mostly immune to that. It would probably take her breath away, but she wouldn't be killed by it.

Ba'ast shifted her weight on her feet as Ghanon changed the body to look like Ophelia, then picked her up and went through the mirror again. Ba'ast just turned and sat on her bed. Waiting. But, it was when he left that she realized she managed to get some sand on him. He was able to avoid her ways of tracking for a while, but he must not have noticed there was still some sand in the room when he let his body become tangible again. With that, she was able to tell what room he was in without using her clairvoyance. She looked up when he came back into the room and nodded. "Good." She then stood up and walked over to him. "So, now you're calling me 'love?'" She was kind of curious as to what his little change was. Calling her 'love' and 'beautiful.' It seemed a little different. She Walked over to him and leaned in close. Looking into his eyes. "Why are you so good at ignoring your... 'needs?'" She asked. Getting quite frustrated. Ghanon was quickly becoming someone she wanted to stay around.

Lion

Murder was easy, it always was.  He did no care to know the nature of the woman whose life he'd just taken, but only that her death had been an easy one and did not pain her more than he cared to deliver.  He always faced murder with mixed feelings, and necessity that he did only when there was no other way around it.  Ophelia's corpse would have to be real and though he could have just died at the dinner table, a quiet, unseen death, was simpler to construct.  And nobody was around to ask any questions.

He didn't notice the small grain of sand that managed to hide on his clothes.  For the greater part of his person, however, he was clean from the sand that she had thrown about.  If a part of him was suspicious about it, he didn't show it.  But his face was clever in that aspect and his eyes looked around at the mess. She traveled by sand, it was a part of her.  And then he understood, anywhere that the sand was at...there was a good chance that she would be too.

He laughed in amusement at the fact that he'd decided to be a little more friendly than he had started with.  He met her gaze without flinching and kept his smile.  "I'm sorry, was it uncalled for?  Who doesn't enjoy their ego being stroked once in a while?  But if it was unsuitable, consider it retracted."  But he doubted she would fall for that, but it was the truth.  However the truth was what one made of it.  

"I wouldn't call that ignoring them.  Controlling them, more like.  Why all this concern over my 'needs' if I may ask?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"It wasn't uncalled for-- more like... unexpected." She admitted to his calling her 'love.' She really didn't mind it, it was just that she had his pegged for someone who wouldn't use such words too easily so it caught her by surprise.

Ba'ast interested herself with her skirt for a moment. Playing with the beading that laid down by her hips. She never even looked up when he addressed her again and shrugged. "Well, most men are quick to jump at someone like me. I'm not used to being around someone who's able to control it." She finally looked over to him. "I suppose I should commend you on your abilities. And it does take you off the human list. There's a lust factor with my race. But, I suppose you are far from human."

She thought about her actions for a moment, then laughed. "Aa. Well, who cares? We're playing a game. Actions like that should be for after." Ba'ast grinned and walked over to him. "By the way. That's a nifty trick you got there with that green light. A very respectable way to kill."

Lion

She was right, he understood.  But while he was only being casual and friendly in his own way, he could have stabbed himself with the carelessness of words.  Some were taken more seriously than others.  Ghanon nodded and grinned crookedly.

"You do yourself a dishonor if you think that just because I'm not human, nor have ever been, that I wouldn't enjoy someone like you.  As I heard a very wise man once tell me, 'Anything is possible.'"  He stepped closer to her and let a hand follow where hers fiddled with the beading of her skirt, fingering one bead at a time until his hand reached her hip.  "Perhaps you're more deserving of a compliment.  I've never seen anyone capable of travel by sand before.  Most unique as well as useful.  I can travel far and wide myself.  Perhaps when this is over, I can show you just how."

She commented on his trick and he feigned a perfect blush, but laughed it off.  "I only did what a person in my position ought to do.  There was no need to cause her more pain than necessary and no need for there to be signs of a struggle.  I merely transferred the effects of the poison that I drank to her own body.  A little trick of sorcery that I find more than useful.  Nobody needs to be asking any questions."  Ghanon took a seat upon the air again, crossing his legs once more.  He pulled something out of his coat pocket and pulled out a small amulet.  It was a silver chained chained object with a small triangular, glass mirror-like pendant in the middle of it, clear and glinting in the lamp light.  There were three pearls that hung on either side of the small glass shard, to make the necklace more decorative.

"Here try this on, dear.  See if it becomes you.  And if it does not, you may change the coloration of the metal as I've seen you do."  Ghanon grinned at her and handed her the necklace.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She made a face at his 'dishonor' comment. Well, human or not, he wasn't taking to her advances. And Ba'ast was far too used to getting what she wanted. Being in the position where the guy was just not following along was killing her. Though, her eyes followed him as he walked over to her. And she soon felt a new tug on her skirt. She looked down and to his hand. Watching his fingers trace over the beads before resting on her hip.

She looked back up to his face, the closeness that he initiated seemed a bit different to her. It was interesting how if she initiated it she was comfortable, but when he did, it made her wonder what he was up to. "Well. I would like to see how you travel. My traveling is limited. Only places where sand is present can I go. I can plant sand as well-- it just takes one grain. On a person, a thing. Which ever. I can track them that way too." She smirked. Wondering if he would realize she had him as well.

But, then he sat down on the air again. Ba'ast couldn't help but bend over and run her hand under his bottom through the air, like she would find something there. But, nothing. She straightened up and watched him pull out the necklace. It was not anything she would expect him to find. And, she was more so surprised when he handed it to her. She looked over the triangular pendant, then to the pearls. She knew there might be more to this necklace, but she slipped it around her neck and fastened it into place. Walking over to the mirror she looked over how it worked with her outfit. She didn't mind the pearl color at the moment, so she decided to keep it. Walking back over to him and grinning. "Well, thank you." She decided not to question the mirror-like pendant. She just figured it would be a way for him to get to her easily. Like when he came into her room through her mirror.

Lion

He watched her take the necklace with a pleasured expression.  Because she made quite a use for her brains, Ghanon figured he probably wouldn't have to tell her exactly how the mirror worked.  She saw how he could travel through mirrors.  While the pendant was no different, it was more of a way of communication than a means of travel.  The glass was tempered and stronger than most and would be resistant to damage of most kinds.

"I'm sure you know how it works.  You're intelligent.  But in case you were wondering, you may speak to me at any moment through it, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.  Travel through it is not impossible, though difficult due to the mirror's size, but I'm sure you understand the point.  And don't think I didn't feel your hand by my ass.  If you wanted a touch or wondered how I did that little trick, all you had to do was ask."  Ghanon chuckled and stood up again.  His hands reached forward to adjust the pendant to how he saw fit, a green light shifted delicately from his fingertips into the mirror.  "There, now that's better."

"It suits you.  Very well indeed."  He looked at it, satisfied.  Suddenly there was a ruckus outside, a series of shouting and cries that caught his attention and made him stare in the direction of the door.  Ghanon strode over to it and opened it, peering through the dim hallway.  One way, nothing.  But the other, he watched as a man still in his evening dress came running out of his room as he shouted something to the nearby servant, one that evidently tried to calm him down.

"No!  No!" he said in a fit.  "I will not.  My wife has gone missing!  She was laying down, resting one moment, and I turned back from the wash room and she was just gone!  GONE!  Don't you even give a damn?  Where is she!?  I need to find her!  Where is the Baron!?"

"Sir, please, calm down.  I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding.  Please.  I will alert the matter to the Baron right away, but we cannot disturb the other guests."

"To hell with the other guests!  I need to find my wife!  Now!"

"Sir, please!"

The man swung at him angrily, fearfully, but missed as the servant ducked just in time.  Two more came running down the hall and restrained him just as he tried to get another hit in.  Other guests came out of their rooms and murmured to themselves, watching the man as they restrained him and brought him to the ground.  The first servant stood and told them to go back to their rooms, that all was under control.  They did so reluctantly after staring for several minutes at the man that had tear streaming down his face.  The servants dragged him down the hall and returned him to his room, calling for one of their own to get the Baron.

Ghanon closed the door and clicked it shut.  "Showtime," he said and turned back to Ba'ast.  "We ought to see this.  Take my hand, please.  I guess now is as good a time as any to show one method of travel.  Come with me."  Once she did as he asked, he walked toward her mirror and passed through it.  As long as she was with him, she would be able to pass through the reflection like nothing.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I figured there was a reason you were giving me the pendant. Though, I suppose it makes sense to be able to communicate with you when needed. Though, I think my methods are a little less flashy.." Though, she did think of a way that she could communicate with him in sort of the same fashion. If he were to remove his robes, she wouldn't be able to follow him any more. Or get to him. So, it would be logical for her to do the same thing. She held her hand out in front of her with her palm up. Reaching down to her gown she plucked one of the precious stone beads from her dress and placed it on her palm. Soon it was surrounded by a small sandstorm and when the sand vanished there was a silver ring with the bead in the middle. Sand had moved into the bead hole and created what looked like a galaxy in the middle of the stone and the stone no longer looked like a bead. She then handed it to him. "Here. Likewise with the communicating and what not. If you have sand with you I can hear your thoughts and even teleport to you. Plus.. If you were to remove you robes, I would lose contact with you at this point. So, this will make it easier. "

She grinned and shook her head. "Well, I was curious how you were sitting on the air. If I want to touch your ass I will. No need to ask for permission either." She watched him stand and approach her. Looking to his fingers as he fiddled with the necklace and she saw that light. She looked back up to his face, then smirked at the sound of something interesting going on in the hallway. "Opps~ Guess he found out." She had no remorse for humans, really. She let Ghanon go investigate for her, then grinned when he came back in her room. "Oh? Well, I wouldn't want to miss it."

She eyed his hand for a moment, then shrugged and took a hold of it. Following him towards the mirror. She had to admit she was a bit skeptical about going through it. All she knew was that she'd get stuck halfway between rooms. But, in a flash it seemed she was in another room. "Well.. That is neat."

Lion

Ghanon had fingered the newly fashioned ring in his hand, inspecting it closely before slipping it on his middle finger.  At that point he considered what she said about her gifts with sand.  She could track anyone or anything with it if so much as a grain found its way onto them.  If that was all that was necessary then he had reason to believe that a grain of sand was somewhere upon him at this very moment.  He would have a chance to inspect his robes later.  Until then, he knew the ring would have to suffice.

At first the ring seemed to be a little too big, as if it was slightly over estimated than it should have been.  But the ring mysteriously self-adjusted, shrunk to make the perfect fit.  He tugged at it slightly to ensure that it wouldn't accidentally slip off.  It wouldn't be long before he passed through the mirror along with her, entering a reflective dimension that people so often neglected to realize.

Behind the panes of glass, was a plane unseen by most, a hall of mirrors standing side by side.  He heard voices coming through the mirrors, ones of the guests that spoke in a cacophony that made sense to no one.  He let go of her hand and kept a steady pace as he walked along a paned floor, glassy, and showing visions of him and her walking in all different directions, disappearing at a mirror's edge and coming back to view in a different pane.  Ghanon was not confused and knew exactly where he was going.  As long as Ba'ast kept up, she wouldn't get lost.  Should one unknowingly step through an unknown pane, they were likely to wander into a place where they could never return to where they knew before.

Ghanon listened to the voices of the man and the servants that wrestled him to the ground.  The glass was here.  He stopped at what appeared to be the end of the hallway.  The long glass mirror that was in front of him showed his own image.  He blew his breath at it and the glass shimmered like rippling water, and soon the image of himself faded away to the image of the inside of the guest's room where his wife had gone missing.  The room's mirror was tucked away into a corner of the room.

"This is it," he said and gestured for her to watch.

He watched the man carefully be untied as the door to the room was opened slowly and the Baron stepped through.  Behind him were two other servants, still dressed in their evening regalia but with weapons at their hips.  His initial assumption that they doubled as both servants and guards had been correct.  The guest rubbed his raw wrists and looked up when Von Arenim gazed at him peculiarly.  The Baron tugged at his mustache and beard and stood before him.

"Where has she gone?" the guest asked him.

"She?  I'm sorry?"

"My wife!  She's missing!  I can't find her.  We were in this room the entire time.  She was on the bed here and I came back from the washroom here and then she was gone.  Almost in a blink of an eye!  She can't just have vanished like that!  Please, tell me where she is!"

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm sorry this has happened," the Baron said.  If one looked at his face, they could tell that he truly was sincere in what he said, though he didn't seem at all surprised.  "We will do all in our power to find her, my friend.  She will found you, I guarantee.  Do not worry and please remain calm.  Here, take this."  The baron produced a small object that looked like a tea packet.  "Sergio, please prepare, Mr. Engrin, here the brew," he said to the servant at his side.  Sergio nodded and vanished to retrieve the objects required.

"Mr. Engrin," the Baron continued.  "We will search every square inch of the estate.  She must be here somewhere.  Like you said, she couldn't have up and vanished."

Within minutes, the servant called Sergio returned with a tray of silverware, tea set and set it on the bedside table.  He produced a cup and took the packet from Engrin, and prepared the tea.  When that was done, he handed it back to the guest.  Engrin was suspicious at first and looked at Von Arenim with puffy, miserable eyes and soon sipped the tea without question.  He looked woozy at first and before he knew it, he slumped backwards on the bed, the cup saved from spilling all over him by a quick motion of Sergio. Engrin snored lightly and was set to lay back on the bed in a relaxed formation.

Von Arenim looked at Sergio.  "This should not have happened," he said dangerously.  "But as unexpected as it is, we will do as I have said we will.  Lock all the doors.  Make sure all the guests are in their rooms.  Nobody leaves until Mrs. Engrin is found.  Should anyone have any objections, do your best to preserve peace.  Should they continue resistance, I give you all the authority to lock them in by force.  If there are any missing guests, find them and bring them to me!  I will not tolerate another incident like this."  With that, the Baron turned on his heel and exited the room.

Ghanon stepped back and glanced at Ba'ast.  "I don't suppose that invitation to stay in your room is still available is it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She followed him through the hallway of mirrors, not caring that he let go of her hand until she realized that this could be a dangerous place to be in. So she hurried up to his side and stayed very close to him. When he stopped to look in the mirror she turned and looked as well, watching him breathe on it and then how the image came. Her eyes widened at this trick, watching the man get brought in to talk to the baron-- the same man who's wife she had took. She placed a hand on her hip and watched the whole scene. Angered at the fact that they were going to come to her room. She wasn't going to get much privacy tonight. Though, she didn't mind Ghanon.

She looked to him when he asked if that invite was still open and nodded. "Yes it is. And it's not like you can go back to Ophelia's room. She's dead." Ba'ast looked around again. "How do you not get lost here?" She asked, her gaze returning to him. "Spend a lot of time getting lost to know where you were going?"

Lion

Ghanon might have cared more about the sheer lack of consideration for the other guests had he been one himself instead of just an otherworldly party crasher.  This was one of the many he'd been to before, but never had the host been quite as maniacal and self-centered as the Baron.  And the servants, as all servants should, obeyed his every command without so much as a question of ethics or dignity.  After all, neither did Ghanon.  In that reflection, he saw some part of himself in the Baron.  The Astralwalker could have cared less about any need for privacy and one what.  As long as he looked the part, nobody asked any questions.  No one except one.  And she didn't very well seem to give a damn anyway.

Her question and points amused him and he couldn't help but laugh.  He didn't bother keeping his voice down in the hall of mirrors, for nobody but them could hear what there was to be said.  "Yes, she is. And yes I did.  Experience is the nastiest of all teachers, but I'm sure you know that already.  We ought to head back before the inspection begins.  I'm sure they're there already."  He wandered back through the hallway, navigating as if he'd done so thousands of times over.  And soon found the reflection of the room that belonged to Ba'ast.

He stepped through it like nothing, waiting for her to come through as well.  "I wouldn't try doing that again without my presence, Ba'ast.  You might damage that pretty face of yours and we wouldn't want that now would we."  Ghanon stepped away from the mirror and dusted off his clothing as it were a dirtier venture than necessary.  Now that it was settled that he should stay, what else was there to do.  Soon, the guards would find his old body, and he'd would be staying here with a beautiful woman.  He could not find any downside to the situation.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She nodded. "Sure, I do know that. But I learned from bad experiences hundred of years ago. Now I'm a pro." She smirked, watching him walk past her and she turned to follow. "Yes.. let's get back there. I'm sure they don't remember that I went to my room alone." She watched him walk through the mirror and paused.. But then stepped through as well and turned to look back at the mirror. Reaching out to touch it and find that it was impassible again. She then looked at him and nodded. "OK. I'll keep that in mind." She took one last look at the mirror, then watched him dust off. She wondered if he was trying to get rid of any sand she got on him. But, it didn't work.

She looked around the room and then noticed it was getting late. So, she decided pjs were in store. She walked over to her bed and glanced to him a moment. But, with out a care, she pulled off the silver pieces and beading. As well as the extra laces. Leaving herself in a pair of panties and a comfortable black bra that barely covered anything. She reached up and pulled her hair out of the bun and proceeded to braid it. Then turned sat down. The silver pieces seeming to turn to sand and blow away. "So.. Ghanon. What now?"

Lion

Ghanon did not need to look at a clock to know the time.  By the now the moon was already high and though the night was still young, all the guests were surely either talking to each other with concern and excitement, or turning in for the evening.  Now that he thought about it, he didn't really remember the last time he slept.  Not merely pretended with soft breath and eyes closed, but truly slept and dreamt of a place now lost to the ages and stars.  He pushed the thought from his mind and nonchalantly removed the overcoat of his robes and placed it on a chair, showing the remains of his lower robe and tunic underneath.

Though he prided himself in his temperance, Ghanon couldn't help but pause in the middle of his changing as he watched her undress.  There were few things as sensual as a woman undressing, he reminded himself.  He held his breath and kept his eyes on her, though until she planted herself on the bed, and made it no secret of his wandering gaze.  He did not grin but he did finally breathe again, even if he didn't need it to survive.

He continued to undress himself, though sleeping in his clothes would have been just as acceptable under usual circumstances.  First the outer robe, slipping the sleeves from beneath the bracers and then to the sleeveless tunic underneath it, pulling it up over his head and rest both articles on the chair.  He sat and took off his boots, and left them there along with his trousers.  His form was physically fit, body tight and springy.  He looked at her as he adjusted his undergarments, and strode toward the other side of the bed, taking a seat.  "What now?  Rest.  Unless you had something else in mind."  He looked at her with raised brows.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She had caught his gaze on her, but it didn't bother her. She barely wore clothes to begin with so, stripping down to just panties and a bra in front of him was no big deal in her eyes. Then again, he seemed to enjoy it with how his breathing had stopped for that whole time that she was undressing and only resumed once her eyes were on him.

But now it was her turn to return the favor. She watched him strip down of his clothes, looking over his fit chest and smirking. Well, that was no surprise to her, but it was a nice image to see. Her eyes following him as he came over to the bed and sat down behind her. So, she turned and looked at him again. "Something else in mind?" She questioned. Looking at the bed, then back up to his face. "Hm.. I always have 'something else' in mind. Though, it seems as though that's not something you allow yourself often." She shifted and brought her legs onto the bed and crawled over to him. Sitting indian-style in front of him. "But, I can tell from how your breathing stopped earlier... you don't need certain things to survive. Not air-- and probably not sleep. Same for me. Though I do enjoy it." She smirked. Having brought herself closer to him to see if he would make any advances. It was a little game of hers, but he was definitely the toughest one to crack.

Lion

Not that it was any secret before, and certainly no secret now, Ghanon knew that she knew that he found her attractive.  There was nothing to hide in the first place, especially now since both were nearly fully exposed at the moment.  It was rare to be in the presence of another as comfortable in her own skin as he was.  Although he was capable of changing that appearance, what never changed was the fact that he had no anxieties about being like this.

Allow himself often?  Ghanon smirked and gave a slight chuckle at the prospect and eyed her piercingly as she crawled closer to him.  "You've guessed many things unguessed," he said.  "I see there are many things you enjoy."  He leaned in a little closer and reached for the straps of her top, slipping one off her shoulder.  For a moment he seemed content with just touching her, getting used to the feel of her skin underneath his fingertips as he caressed her shoulder and arm.  He scooted in closer and proceeded to kiss her neck.

At that moment, the doorknob twisted open and a servant opened the door widely.  At first he paused until he noticed what was going on then immediately closed part of it, his head looking away from their direction.  "I do apologize, miss!  And sir!  However, I must inform you that the Baron has just instructed that guests are not to leave their rooms and doors will remain locked until further notice.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.  But we thank you for remaining calm.  A thousand apologize again for the interruption.  Now if you'll excuse me."  The door was promptly closed and the door the tumblers were activated as it locked.

Ghanon had only momentarily paused in his motion and looked back at Ba'ast, laughing.  "At least there'll be no more interruptions."  And pressed his lips to her skin softly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I suppose I'm very good at reading people." She said in a confident voice and looked over his face. "And, I do enjoy many things... and I'm sure you've figured some out." Her eyes didn't leave his face as he reached out and pushed a strap of her bra off her shoulder and started to lean in. He eyes closed when his lips pressed to her skin and it almost sent shivers down her spine. There was one thing she was used to-- and that was flat out, take off the clothes, and get right to it sex. None of this kissing the neck thing. But she had to admit she liked it.

And when the door came open she nearly killed the man. Her eyes snapped open and she looked to the door. Even though the worker hadn't been looking anymore she shot him a death glare as he spoke. When he finally left, she looked at Ghanon and chuckled. "Well then." She said with a grin.

Letting him lean back in, she reached up and let her fingers slide up his bare back. Her nails brushing over his skin softly. This was certainly turning out to be an interesting night. She may just have to keep this pendant around so she can get a hold of him easier. For these kisses? Hell. She could almost just follow him. A powerful, handsome man. Yep. Everything she wanted.

Lion

If all she wanted was a quick night, he had no problem with that.  But if he had his way, he saw no reason that the night shouldn't be passionate, even if it all was in the end, just sex.  Plain and simple.  Sometimes leading up to the experience could be just as exciting as the experience itself.  It wasn't uncommon for two strangers to find each other like this in a party, even if the party was seemingly cut short by the first competition ending so abruptly, the untimely death of a guest, and another one that was "missing."  Ghanon grinned internally at the last thought.  He had a feeling that the party was far from over though.

He kept pressing his mouth to her neck, as she stroked his bareback.  It helped that she was reacting to him and he did his best to suppress a shiver, to no small avail.  He trailed the kisses up to her jaw and then to her mouth, coaxing her persistently to respond.  He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.  He concentrated on kissing her and pulled her in between his legs, leaning back.  But just then another knock resounded on the door and he stopped to look up as the doorknob turned and jiggled to ensure that it was locked.

Resting on his elbows he glared at the door.  "Is this room occupied?" a different serving man asked.

"Yes!" he said, annoyed.  A series of footsteps showed that the door was vacated.  Glancing back at Ba'ast, he sighed it off and smiled at her.  "Where were we?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She couldn't help but let her lips part in a silent gasp at the feel of the lips on her neck. Her fingers digging into his skin a little, then one moved up to his neck, holding him close. And then closer again as his lips trailed up her jaw and to her mouth, and she eagerly returned the kiss.  Shifting easily as his arm came around her and pulled her between his legs. Letting herself be brought in close and opened her eyes when he pulled back.

Then, another knock, followed by her glare towards the door. She was very ready to get out of bed and go break someone's neck at all these distractions. But his voice bellowed out an answer and she settled down. Her eyes returned to his face and she grinned. Not even giving him an answer as she leaned up and pressed her lips to his again in a rather passionate kiss. Her hand having moved to the back of his head, ruffling his hair between her fingers. Her body rose off the bed and pressed against his even though the position made it difficult for anyone who wasn't flexible and strong. And she was definitely both.

Her hand that was still on his back moved up to his shoulder for a moment, then slowly slid back down to his hip slowly. Her fingers coming to dip behind the waistband of his undergarments. Brushing over that soft skin there. Teasingly, but not too much. She was enjoying this foreplay.