Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awoken ((Blade))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, June 24, 2011, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Only a day ago, she had been breathing her first breath for a thousand years. Now, she was wandering cautiously about the land that was once her home. She had quickly realized they weren't kidding when they said she would awake long in the future. The land itself had shifted, eroded. She could no longer navigate her way along the pathways she once knew, and worst of all, she couldn't even remember her own name. But what was a name, anyway? Nobody knew it in this new world. After all, if you were speaking to no one, what was a name's purpose anyway, besides a reminder of one's identity? She knew who she was without such a marker. A soldier of a cause that had moved on.

As the sun became dimmer, she sat down on a flat rock, ready to make camp. She had filled her empty water-skin, and wasn't hungry. Neither was she sleepy. However, she had slept so long that it seemed as if she no longer needed sleep. She stared into the fire she made, sighing to herself.

Anonymous

Draetrialis "swam" through the aether of the Astral Plane. He wasn't sure where to go. He wondered if he should mess with some nobles, but then he paused and pushed his consiousness into the physical world. A lone woman rested on a rock. Curious, he probed her mind and realised she had no idea where she was. He materialised behind her and laid down, curling up enough so the tip of his tail and his head were visible to her. Hello there. He sent. It was a pain sometimes... In dragon form, he could only speak with telepathy. The dragon looked at the girl with one soft eye. Until he knew what he wanted, he would play the gracious host.

CastlesInTheSky

Being deep in thought, the woman took a moment to realize that she wasn't alone. Suddenly a message popped up in her head. The thought felt...foreign, and she knew it wasn't hers from the moment it appeared. Having never used telepathy before, she was more than a bit confused. Something caught her eye, and she looked behind her, jumping up immediately and backing away slowly. She stared at the dragon, and said out loud, "Who are you? What do you want?"

Anonymous

I am Draetrialis. As for what I want... Well, I'll be honest. I don't know. But, I do know what you want. You want to know where you are. He replied. The dragon wasn't overly surprised at the soldier's reaction and he chose not to respond. Draetrialis popped his neck with a tightening of his muscles and relaxed, some of his white scales sparkling in the firelight while his black ones seemingly absorbing all of the light that touched them.

(FAIL POST)

CastlesInTheSky

The woman didn't relax much, just continued to stare at the creature before her. A dragon. He seemed to be taking in all the light around them. She wondered what he was doing here, even after what he said. Why would a dragon, of all creatures, appear and have a talk with her? She wasn't important in this world. She was but a ghost. How did he even know about her? Then again, she didn't really care. She said, "I don't really care where I am, as long as I eventually get where I'm going." She crossed her arms. "So. You don't know what you want, but you came to talk to me. What did you want to say? 'How's the weather'?"

Anonymous

Draetrialis rolled his eyes. You can't deny that you want to know where you are. Besides, usually... If you know where you are, you know where you'll be going. Though, you are correct... You are merely a ghost of the past. Much like myself. He curled up a little more, effectively trapping the soldier. His wings rose straight up before folding carefully.

CastlesInTheSky

She wondered if all dragons were like this. Popping up out of nowhere and discussing random topics. If so, she didn't want to meet more. At least he wasn't stomping around and breathing fire. That would be inconvenient to say the least. "Depends on what I meant by getting where I'm going. Some places you reach no matter what direction you head off in." She quickly looked around herself, not liking that she probably couldn't flee from him if she had to easily. Her mouth formed into a discontent frown for a moment, then relaxed into a neutral expression, and she sat on the grass near to him, but a cautious distance away. "Alright then. What now? What would a dragon want with me, really?"

Anonymous

Draetrialis smirks. There are a number of things a dragon would want with you. But I'm above what most dragons would want to do with you. He chuckled as he thought of what his body wanted, but he deliberately chose not to act upon it. I've lived for a long time. Most of the time has been in a form of hibernation. We are both relics of a time long since past. The dragon chuckled again.

CastlesInTheSky

She watched the dragon's mouth contort into something that she supposed was a smirk, because she could almost feel his amusement through their telepathy connection. She sat, arms crossed, expectant. So that meant he wasn't out to eat her, or to steal her away into a cave, or something stupid and stereotypical like that. She listened carefully to what he had to say. "So, you say we are similar? I admit it is interesting that we are similar in that aspect. But, I am a human and you're a dragon. We couldn't possibly be any more similar than that."

Anonymous

Perhaps. He raised his head and started examining the girl's mind in more detail. There seemed to be a wall keeping her furthest memories from the surface. Curious, he tried to breach the wall and failed. When he spoke, his voice seemed to be coming from deeper in her mind. There's a wall or barrier here keeping your memories from you. I can't pierce it, despite being a dragon. It is certainly strange.

CastlesInTheSky

She felt him probing into her mind and shifted a little, uncomfortable with the idea of another being within her head. She frowned a little. Though he was probably just curious, she wondered if he had any other motives in examining the contents of her mind. She came back to the conversation and decided to stop questioning his motives. There was no point to resist it if he had already been within her mind. She said, "Probably from the magic that kept me asleep for so long. Don't bother trying to correct it. I know enough about myself, and I remember enough to be content." She sighed and looked at him. "Anything else you want to talk about? I, in all honestly, don't have much better to do."

Anonymous

Drae retreated from her mind. I could probably direct you to the nearest town, if you'd like... Though you will need a name to go by. He shrugs and rises, some of his joints popping repeatedly. He paused. Or you could travel with me. It would be difficult for you, I suppose, considering my usual mode of transport... but I can adjust to just existing in the physical world. It would be nice to have a companion for once.

CastlesInTheSky

It was somewhat satisfying to have her mind to herself again. She shrugged at his comment. She watched him getting up, rather impressed by how tall he was. Though he was a dragon, it was hard not to be impressed. She'd never really seen many of his kind before, perhaps only once. She looked up at him. "We can travel together if you wouldn't mind. Name me what you'd like. I honestly don't care as long as it isn't stupid."

Anonymous

Drae lowered his neck. There was a spot in between the spines large enough for someone to sit. Get on then and we'll get started. He considered names. He never was good at coming up with names for people. Events and objects were easy, but people was another story.

CastlesInTheSky

She stared incredulously at him. Ride on his back? What? That was crazy! What if he did a flip and she flew off into the heavens? What if she fell off? She barely knew this dragon and he said to get on his back. It seemed like suicide, but then she realized she really didn't have anything to lose. She climbed on carefully, settling. "Just don't kill me or fling me off. Now, what do I call you? Fluffy?" A hint of a smirk crossed her lips.

Anonymous

Drae growled. Draetrialis or Drae is fine. With that, he rose and flared his wings, flapping three times to get off of the ground before actually taking off into the sky. And if I have to do anything that would cause you to fall, I'll warn you to hold on tight. He muttered. The dragon then drifted off, in a sense. He still reacted to changes in thermals and so forth, but his mind was off somewhere else.

CastlesInTheSky

Her smirk faded, but she was still amused. She held on tightly at first, somewhat frightened at the thought of being so far from the ground, but got used to it after a little while. Used to enough at least. The wind in her face was rather nice. She glanced at her new traveling companion so to say. "You fly everywhere?"

Anonymous

I don't usually fly. I usually move using a different plane. He gave a mental shrug and adjusted his wings to fly higher. Hope you've got warm clothing. I'd rather not get shot at by some hyperactive crackshot archer. The dragon finally settled on an altitude and began swaying slightly, his wings adjusting constantly to avoid falling. Once again, his mind drifted.

CastlesInTheSky

She had no idea what he meant by moving to a different plane, but she didn't ask. It probably was something magical that didn't concern her. She scowled. Magic. It ruined everything. And here she was, riding on top of a magical creature. The thought put her in a disagreeable mood. She said, "My clothes are plenty warm, don't worry."