Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time to Kill (Open)

Started by Xphy, July 05, 2011, 11:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xphy

Lilith was in a particularly good mood as she made her way down through the streets of Zantaric. She also seemed to garner fair amount of attention from the locals as she did, though that was quite normal for her. There were very few places on Earth that Lilith wouldn't stand out in a crowd after all, and the mountain village was no different.

Even without the lustful stares that her kind tended to draw the long black and gold dress her feathers formed over her body was more than enough to separate her from most of the locals in appearance. Then there was the fact that unlike most of the locals she was not actually walking. Instead she rode atop what appeared to be large pitch black sphere, one that levitated a few inches off of the ground.

The sphere, or rather its contents, was the reason behind her particularly cheery mood this day for inside rested her latest acquisition, a dark elf, in peaceful slumber. Normally she wouldn't have bothered with such a foolish race, but this one in particular had sparked her interests so she had decided to indulge herself. The priestess had possessed potential that she didn't see in most, and it would have been a shame to let it go to waste.

She had had to make her one of hers, and that she had done.

Needless to say Lilith had plans for dark elf turned succubus when she recovered her senses in a day or so, but in the meantime the fallen angel some free time on her hands. It was only a matter of figuring out how to fill it.

Dreamwolf

Luna was trotting through a random village, she hadn't bothered to learn the name yet, when she spotted something she'd never seen before. A beautiful woman clad in feathers riding on a black sphere that contained something humanoid. Curious as always she used her Spirit magic to pop into existance in front of the strange woman. Hanging upside down and floating in her own gravitational space she looked the woman over.

"Yer a pretty one ain't'cha? Are you an Angel? You kinda look one one, but you feel more like a demon. Are you somethin' like both? I'm Luna by the way Fen say's it's bad amnners to ask questions without introducing yourself and he's the only who can tell me what to do so don't even try!" Straight to the point...sort of...Luna was as always so full of energy she was all over the place. Physically and mentally.

Xphy

The sphere Lilith rode came to an abrupt stop as she turned her gaze toward the strange being that appeared in front of her. Its essence was the first thing that she had noticed about it. It had strange taste to it; one that reminded her more of some kind of beast than that of an actual human. She could only assume that the girl was some kind of fae or nature spirit which was interesting.

You didn't see too many of those in this particular village.

"While I will admit that you do seem to have good... taste," she began with a suggestive purr, fairly certain that the double entendre would go over the girl's head. The amount of her essence she'd sampled was almost negligible after all; far too small for most to notice. "What I am and am not is of little concern of yours."

As she spoke the angel sat up, crossing her legs in the process before leaning forward. "But perhaps I will indulge that curiosity of yours. That is if you will tell me what exactly you are.

"I will even do as this Fen of yours says and tell you my name. It is Lilith."

Dreamwolf

Luna was fairly certain she's missed something, but, in the face of her eternal curiosity it meant nothing.

"Luna is a Forest Spirit, but Mother says I should learn about the world before I take over a forest of my own. So right now Luna juts wanders around learning things and collecting shinies." Luna produce a handful gems and jewels which were obviously stolen. "Luna likes Shinies. Does Lilith like Shinies?"

The young Wolf Girl twirled about in the air, her own personal space changing its gravity so she was right-side-up. From one of her infinite pockets produced with her magic a small wiggly brown shape came tumbling out. Catching it in her teeth by its neck scuff, Luna looked apologetically at Lilith.

"Luna is sorry," She said as soon as she held the animal in her hands." this little one was hurt by a fire breathing lizard-thing with wings. Luna is Treating its hurts." The small form was in fact a tiny wolf pup that had the tell tale marks of having been lifted into the air by a taloned predator then burned. "Luna had to punish the Fire Breathing Lizard that that used to be able to fly." The dark glint in the Wolf girls eye made if evident that whatever she had done, it was not very pleasant.

Xphy

(OoC: Sorry about the delay.)

Once more Lilith examine the being in front of her, still trying to decide what to make her. She had said that she was a forest spirit and that would explain why her essence tasted the way it did, but still there was something curious about her. The way she spoke seemed to suggest that she was either young or had very little experience with the common language of this world. She also seemed to have an obsession with the 'precious' stones of this world, though somehow she doubted it was because of their economic value.

"Such trinkets are of little interest to me," the fallen angel replied, flicking a few stray locks of her hair over her shoulder before returning her attention back to the girl. "And if you must know yes I am an angel, one of the oldest of my kind." Part of her tempted to give the girl a demonstration, but she decided against it. There was simply no need to do.

"I am curious about your magic though," she continued, continuing to watch the spirit with genuine interest. The fact that her story seemed to imply that she had injured a dragon hadn't really impressed her. In her years she had seen smaller beings perform far greater feats. Her magic on the other hand appeared to be linked to space manipulation, an area she specialized in. it was that that Lilith was curious about.

"It is rare that I encounter someone with such gifts."

Dreamwolf

Luna tilted her head to one side. "Mother said Luna's gifts are strong, but Mother could do the Same as Luna. Luna can Heal the hurts and make water clean and sometimes Luna can float. but only if she tries really hard."

The wolf girl giggled as the wolf pup she held licked her chin. "Stop little one, that tickles and makes Luna laugh." The wolf pup stopped and whined. "Ah Little one is hungry."

The wolf girl pulled a piece of soft meat from seemingly nowhere and fed it to the young wolf pup, which gobbled it down as if half starved, a common thing with young wolves.

Xphy

"Is that so?" Lilith replied, continuing to examine the girl. She was an interesting spirit she had to admit, though not quite what she was looking for in terms of a follower. She simply lacked several of the traits that she was looking for. Perhaps when she was older or had matured further she might, but not quite at the moment.

Still she was oddly intrigued.

As she continued to watch the girl and her pup she felt a slight kick come from within the sphere. It seemed her newest servant was beginning to get a bit restless, and while Lilith could sympathize she couldn't let her just yet. The dark elf's transformation still wasn't quite done yet, and allowing her out now would only put her at risk. So instead Lilith simply reached down creating a small portal connected to the inside of the sphere, one just large enough to fit her hand, and reached in to comfort the girl.

She then turned back to the girl in front of her and spoke.

"Tell me more."

Dreamwolf

Luna thought for a moment. "Luna knows Fen. Fen is strong and kind, but he can be scary too. Luna fought in battle alongside Fen and Fen was killing without looking. Fen can make his body change and become like a dragons or a wolf or anything. Fen canheal any hurts except things that are cut off. He can reattach an arm but only if the arm is intact. He can't make things grow back. Fen says Luna is not strong enough to be his mate but Luna will not give up!." She said this last bit with a smug, prideful look on her face. The wolfgirl would not give on Fen, even if it took a thousand years to get him. Although in truth, she only knew the basics of becoming a mate. She knew only that mates had pups and protected the pack together, beyond that she was pure as could be, and naive as well.

Xphy

Lilith tilted her head slightly as the wolf girl went on about this Fen person. It was as though she were an open book. There had been no need for force, or even manipulation or doublespeak. She had willingly volunteered each tidbit of information without seemingly any thought. It was definitely a sign of her age, and the fallen angel had made a mental note not to tell her anything remotely important about herself or her holdings.

"I see..." she replied, removing her hand from the sphere and placing it down atop of it. "And you want to be this Fen's 'mate,' why?

Wan

Adonai was ambivalant to the cold air of the Zantaric mountains or the festering stink of the village itself.  But ambivelent was not quite the same as uncaring.  He liked what they caused and what they represented and, most importantly, what they provided, but he still found them unpleasent.  Then again the same could be said about most things Adonai had ever seen in life.

Wrapped head to toe in black and dark greys, the only parts of Adonai's body that were visible were his eyes, and even they were hard to see because his back and head were bent as he walked, his dark hood draping over them.  A thin oak branch almost as tall as he was tapped the ground with each of his steps.  He clutched it in one hand and leaned some of his weight on it as he walked.  He hated being old. Aging was a good thing up to a certain point, but then it became a hinderance.

I need a new slave. he thought.  Slaves were ideal for doing the trivial things in life. Such as shopping.  Adonai was only out of his small cottage because he needed to get more supplies.  What he got at that moment, however, was a surprise.

He had only casually glanced at the feather covered woman sitting atop a black sphere when she passed by his path, but as he followed her- it was on his way to the store, he had little interest in her at the moment- he saw another, smaller, woman appear out of nowhere in front of her.  He had seen such things before, and normally whenever something like that occurred there was something profitable to be had.

Drawing closer to the two but blending into a group of other passers-by, he was able to overhear them give their names as Lilith and Luna.  Luna produced a handful of gems, which interested Adonai greatly.  In fact, Luna was the most interesting one of the pair; pulling various items from nowhere, coddling a baby wolf, rotating through the air.  And more than that; she was controllable.  She had a desire, a dream.  Something which the right mind, like Adonai, could grab hold of and bend her to his will. 

Lilith asked a rather pointed question, which Adonai wanted to know the answer to as well.  As soon as he learned all he could from Luna, he would find this Fen and learn all he could about him.  Then Luna would slowly but certainly be his.

Dreamwolf

"Fen is strong. Strong enough to kill demons and gods if he had to. Fen also saved Luna from slavers who wanted her for her magic. Luna was scared but because they stabbed Fen in the heart. But he didn't die. Fen is can't die." She nodded to herself, Fen was the strongest person she knew. And she knew a lot of people. She was the sort who could become friends with most anyone, her innocence often winning them over with little to no trouble.

"Fen says he is a monster, but Luna thinks Fen is a God, but Luna thinks he is a different kind of God, more like a God who is now human or a human who will become a God."

Xphy

Lilith rolled her eyes, visibly unimpressed by the girl's comments about this 'Fen' person. She had long since learned that the people of this world knew little of what strength and power truly were. Still regardless of whether or not this man was actually as strong as the wolf girl claimed him to be she had decided that he was of no interest to her. He sounded like the 'righteous' type, the kind of person who had yet to see life for what it truly was.

She had no use from someone like that...

"This Fen will become what he is meant to be," the fallen angel said straightforwardly. What exactly that was only time knew, and she had no interest in. "But simply being strong is no reason to want to be someone's mate."

Dreamwolf

Luna detected a trace of scorn, or perhaps uncaring, she was not good at reading the expressions of other people.

"Fen helped kill many bad people, but Fen has also killed innocent people, when the darkness clouds his mind he becomes something scary like a dragon or a demon, one time he grew two heads and turned into a giant snake."