Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A new Beginning [M]

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2011, 08:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She smirked when his weight came to rest on her and she wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled against his chest. "You better. And you should think of something to tell Devi to explain why it's ruined." She she said softly, but looked up at him and smirked. "It's strange to hear you sat that word. But, I do know."

She said with a chuckle. Looking up to him when he touched her cheek and she made a face. "I can say the same for you. You're an arrogant prick. But that's what attracts me to you.."

Lion

"I'll tell her that you were so happy to see me, that you pushed me on the table and smashed it to the ground, and the chair too," Ghanon chuckled.  "I missed you, you know.  It feels so unusual to admit, but I did.  It was only when I was away that I realized how much I love you, all of you."  He leaned in and caught her lips with his, gently at first before deeping it and wrapping her fully in his embrace, lifting her up off the floor.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"Hah.. Well, considering she slept through our fight, I imagine that would pass." She stated bluntly. Then he admitted to missing her and she smirked. "Well then. I'm glad we shared one emotion. I missed you too. All of you. Don't you e-" He was getting fond of cutting her off. But, it was OK.

She returned the kiss, sweet at first, then it got a little heated, but she went with it anyway. Letting him lift her up.

Lion

Ghanon lifted her easily and held her with one arm, while the other parted her legs and put one of them on his hip, and switched them, to fix her other leg on his hip as well.  He bit her lip when he pulled away from the kiss, and smirked deviously at her.  "Don't what?  Don't you ever finish what you try to say?  You have very poor communication skills," he teased, before going in to bring his lips along the sensitive parts of her neck.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She shifted into his arms and hooked her arms tighter around him. Her legs hooking around him and she made a soft noise when he bit her lip. "Ever leave again." She muttered. Looking over their position and she made a face. "Oh.. I see. You take off for weeks and come back expecting me to have sex with you?"

She paused, then smirked. "In the shower? Wouldn't that be a first?"

Lion

Ghanon looked her over, then buried his face into her neck again, lingering against the smell of her flesh there, reeking of blood and sweat and it just about drove him mad.  But he kept his cool like a serpent that smiled right before it was about to bite you.  Ghanon adjusted her on his hips and felt along her butt.  His breath was all that much warmer against her skin.

"We both need to cool off a little...and to relieve some stress.  But if you don't want to...then I understand," he murmured against her ear and bit the lobe of it gently.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She tilt her head to the side a bit and closed her eyes. Thinking about his statement, and though he was giving her an option.. He was right. They did need to cool off and relieve stress.. And what better way?

"Well, you have quite the point. And I think I have to take you up on that offer." She admitted after a good moment of thinking about it.

((Psst.. I just odn't feel like playing it out. XD ))

Lion

[Haha!  Me neither! XD]

Ghanon laughed and for a moment he actually felt happy, even if it was only for a moment.  He couldn't be sure if everything worked out or what would happen in the future, but for now he was content, and felt better at having gotten those three words off his chest.  He didn't know if he could say it all the time, but at least now he did and it made all the difference.  At least she didn't kill him or kick him out.  And he'd get a chance to patch things up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

(( Good~ I'm just gonna assume they're done then.))

She nodded and smiled to him. The water had long been lacking heat, but it never felt cold until they were done with their heated make up. She shivered and slunk closer to him and let him turn the water off before she slipped from his grasp and got out. Grabbing a towel and drying off.

"How's your head?"

Lion

[Completely fine by me]

He felt cleaner now, better than he had when he first came in here.  He stepped out after scraping some of the water off of him and brushed his hair back out of his face, gently avoiding the wound on his head that was still sore.  He dried himself and waved a hand as his clothes vanished and reappeared on his person into something more suited for sleeping.

Walking past her, he sat on the edge of the bed and leaned forward a bit, parting his hair to feel around it.  "Still hurts...but it will feel better in the morning.  Let's get some sleep, surprise Devi in the morning."  He picked up the frying pan that had traces of his blood on it and laughed before throwing it to the side, then crawled to his own side and laid on his front.  "I really am sorry, Ba'ast, for everything," he said as he laid his head down to rest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She tossed the towel aside once she was done drying off and a silk night gown appeared and she followed him into the bedroom. She looked to the frying pan, then walked over to the bed on the side that Ghanon was on. Leaning over him to check the wound and make sure he wasn't bleeding. Then she silently watched him lay down.

When he apologized she smiled and leaned over him to kiss his bare shoulder blade. "Coming from someone like you... I know how much that it means." She walked over to her side of the bed and laid down. Sliding over to him and curling up at his side.

Lion

It certainly meant a lot.  And for someone like Ghanon, who never apologized for any but a few things in his life, it had been a lot harder to say.  But for Ba'ast's sake and for Devi's Ghanon was learning that there had to be some exceptions to the things he was used to doing.  He never thought he'd have a family of his own, or love another as deeply and twistedly as he loved Ba'ast.  It was not an easy thing for him to come to terms with and neither was the fact that he now had an anchor.  It was something that might hold him down if he let it, but it was something that brought him joy, a rare thing in life that went beyond his purpose of change.  Though her, she provided something for him to return to.  He didn't know if they would always share this bed together, or if the future would separate them, but whatever happened, he was prepared to face it.

Ghanon curled beside her, finding no words with which to respond to her and quickly realizing that he needed none.  He fell asleep, without thoughts of the shard, of the priestess, or of his family, and felt at peace, if only for a moment.

When morning came, Ghanon felt the back of his head.  By then the wounds she'd given him had closed or healed over significantly and he no longer looked like some beat up bum who just wandered in off the street.  There was no blood, but the back of his head was still sore to the touch.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She quickly fell asleep next to him and had held onto his arm all night as if she were afraid he would get up and try to leave again. But, come morning, he was still there.

She shifted as the light hit her face and she looked up to him as he was touching the back of his head. The remnants of their fight being checked out. So she followed suit and reached up to touch her forehead. Glad that the cut was gone and there was only some soreness left. Then she moved closer to him and glared at him. "Morning." She said with a spiteful tone, then smirked. "You should go wake up our daughter.

Lion

"Good morning, boyfriend beater," he replied sarcastically, sticking his tongue out after her.  He brushed back his hair out his face and sat up in bed.  She was right, he should to and wake up their daughter.  He grinned when he imagined the look on her face when she saw him again, to know that he'd finally returned.  But as he slipped out of bed and put on something presentable he paused.

He glanced at Ba'ast with a curious and discerning eye.  "What if she isn't happy to see me, Ba'ast?  What if she's madder than you were?  What should I do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She sat up and eyed him sleepily while she pulled up the blankets to cover her chest in case Devi were up and chose to come barging in. "Girlfriend beater." She rebutted. Then watched him get out of bed. She decided to reach up and comb her hair with her fingers idly until he turned around to look at her and asked that question. Which did make her wonder if that would be the case. What if Devi were really mad at Ghanon like she was?

She shrugged and licked her lips. "Um..I don't know. Just don't do the same that we did. Or I will kill you."

Lion

[Wasn't Ba'ast wearing a nightgown right before she went to sleep?]

Ghanon smirked at her and shook his head.  "You give such terrible advice, but thanks for the confidence boost," he remarked before heading tentatively to the door.  He turned and gazed at her sharply and motioned for her to look down next to her.  "Oh and your nightgown's on the floor in case you wanted to know.  You took it off when we had sleep-sex."

He reached for the knob and turned it slowly, still unsure about all this.  No doubt that if he didn't go and greet her, he would just be staving off the inevitable and Ba'ast would probably get mad.  And if he did and Devi was less than happy to see him.  Well, he would just have to deal with it as it came.

Ghanon ventured to Devi's room, and gently knocked on it.  "Where's my little monster?" he said softly, pushing the door open, not sure if a rock or a shoe would come flying at him as he opened it.  "It's time to wake up."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I'm already up," Devi hissed, her voice raspy, broken, peppered with disdain.

She had been put to bed the other day with a fever, and was now developing a sore throat from it as well. It didn't help that she didn't really get much sleep last night either. Or at least, she had been sleeping, until father dearest had come home, causing a riot, and rousing Devi from sleep. She was sick, of course, but she wasn't deaf. And her home did not have soundproof walls. When one starts a fight in this sort of house, one can hear it – it permeated through her walls and crawled in her ears and tormented her long after the fight had finished.

The little demon was in her bed, sheets messily sprawled over her, staring up at the ceiling, eyes wide open, despite staying up all night. Wasn't it bad enough, that sometimes, those macabre images of her dead sister would sometimes sweep silently across her eyelids, but now, she had to deal with the fight she had heard last night too? And here came the perpetrator, trespassing in her room, daring to pretend as if everything was fine and dandy? And now she'd have to sit up for this, so she did – slowly sitting up and resting her back against the headboard, coughing twice into her elbow before turning to look at her father with steely eyes.

"After all," she began, and laughed coldly. "How is anyone supposed to sleep after hearing their parents tear into each other like wild animals?" She paused, as if waiting for him to answer, but then shook her head and continued. "...It's impossible." That was all she had heard – every last word of their fight – but she hadn't heard anything else. Granted, from her wording, that might be hard to deduce.

And now that she was looking at him, all of the strife and restlessness of the days she had spent waiting for her father to come back rustled inside her. She threw the covers off, her hair wild and a mess, stepping towards her father with narrowed eyes. "Don't call me your 'little monster'. I'm not the monster here." And there were only two people here, currently. "You leave us alone – you broke your promise to me – you beat momma in the dead of the night – and then after all that...!" She had to stop to cough, into her elbow again, although maybe it'd be better to get some germs on him... "...After all that, you think it's fine to just waltz in my room like everything's okay?"

Her fingers curled into each other, forming little fists that she held clenched by her side. "No, father," she started again, not addressing him as 'daddy' for the first time. "I'm not the monster here." Her voice grew darker, or maybe that was just the side effect of her sickness. "You are."

Anonymous

(( Yeah, she was wearing a silk one, but she doesn't wanna be inappropriate if Devi were to walk in.. The silk is a bit...sex. XD ))

She looked to her night gown, then to Ghanon and smirked. "You need to settle on all the make-up sex." She stated firmly. But slipped out of bed and a blue gown appeared with a silver underbust and had lace accents. She stepped up to Ghanon and nudged him. "There's only one way to find out."

And he found out it was the latter. She heard her sick child bat back at Ghanon and she pouted. Standing behind him and listening to it all, but then she shook her head and slipped into the room to approach Devi. "Devi... there's something I need to explain to you about what happened last night. Why it might seem like we were fighting out of malice-- and well, it kind of was. Your father and I have a strained relationship built on actions like that. Me being a demon, I like that sort of stuff. And him..? Well, he's just as messed up." She stated.

Reaching out, she felt Devi's forehead. "...Still sick."

Lion

It wasn't the first time he'd been called a monster.  But it was different when it was his own daughter.  Ghannon did not have many children, and fewer still a child as smart and as special as Devi.  Her mortal blood had taken a sickness to her and made her ill, but that didn't mean that what she said in her anger was anything less than sincere.  Ghanon did not try to make excuses or say anything to interrupt her until she was finished.

When she was he sighed and again knelt in front of her to see to her eye to eye.  His gaze was truly apologetic and he took everything she had to give him.  "I don't expect you to forgive me, Devi," he began slowly, trying to find the right things to say.  "But I want you to know that I love you, and I love your mother too.  And the fight that we had last night, yeah it was bad.  And yes, it was loud.  And I'm sorry, truly sorry.  I can't promise that your mother and I won't fight in the future as well. Maybe it'll be about something else....like who broke the dining table or a chair or two.  But in the end, I'll still love your mother.  And yes I hit her, I was mad.  But she got mad right back and hit me too.

"But if it's any consolation, it hurt really bad too.  See?"  Ghanon leaned forward and  bared the back of his head to her and though it the wound had closed and was no longer bleeding, it was still sore and the discoloration was visible.  "Poke it, it still hurts."  He put his head back up and looked at her.  "And if you want to hit me too, I'll understand.  Go ahead, I won't try to stop you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Oh gods. The last thing Devi wanted to hear right now was that her mother 'liked that sort of stuff.' Devi stared at her mother for a long moment, as if she was looking at a stranger. She liked fighting? She liked... fighting. She liked fighting? ...What? Devi narrowed those blue eyes again, unsure of who she was displeased with now. She opened her mouth to say something against such an absurd and contradictory statement but ended up coughing again. The spell lasted a little longer, and Devi grew irritated as her mother placed a hand on her forehead. Still sick? Of course she was! For some reason, that oh so brilliant deduction annoyed Devi more than anything else.

"Don't blame it on being a demon, momma! Fighting is horrible – it kept me up all night! I'm a demon and I don't like fighting! Why would anyone? It hurts people – on the outside and the inside! I don't... I don't get it..."

And in a flash, there was her sister again, lying in a pool of blood.

Devi pressed her hands to her face, trying to get the image to go away. "Fighting is what made everyone sad on that day... To say that you'd like fighting..." She looked up at her mother, a storm of rage, but her voice was very, very small. "...it's like spitting on her memory..."

But then her father knelt down before her, like he had the night when Devi had demanded an explanation. She had always liked it when he did this – because when he was down here, it felt like, maybe, they were equals. It was a sign that her father could talk to her and tell her the truth. Down here, he didn't lie, he didn't cover up the truth with pretty lies, he told it like it was. And if he was down here, at her height, maybe she could forgive him. Devi's heart was not so cold – all problems, she thought, could be fixed with the truth.

He loved her – and momma. At that statement, Devi was about to interject, with something like, then why did you leave?! but he went on, and even apologized for the fight. And he couldn't say that it'd never happen again. When you looked at it logically, wasn't it natural, for people to fight? Momma had even hit him back. She supposed she could understand that – she could even understand that they might fight again. And when he explained it like that, Devi was the one who felt silly for being mad in the first place. She hadn't been the only one hurting...

When her father exposed his closed wound to her, Devi yelped a little, biting her lip. "Daddy! That wound looks horrible!" she yelped, and her eyes widened when he suggested that she poke it. "I don't wanna poke it! It might hurt you!" she exclaimed, shaking her head and waving her hands in front of her face in protest. When he put his head back up to look at her, Devi shut her eyes, her hands still clenched in little fists. "...I don't want to hurt you, daddy," she said, refusing to hit him.

"It's just... it's not fair, that you left so suddenly!" she started, wanting to forgive him, but still hurting from the sting of that broken promise. "I know you can't promise not to fight anymore. I guess fighting is a natural thing to do..." She shook her head, her eyes determined. "But can you promise never to leave anymore? Can you promise to stay here with me and momma?" No more running away? No more leaving them alone? Could he do that, at the very least?