Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lights Amoungst the Dark ((Wimse!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, July 13, 2011, 01:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

The world was winding down into the time of sunset. The world was darkening, the shadows growing longer and slowly coming together. The tips of the leaves looked as if they were on fire, the vibrant sun casting its brilliant rays throughout. As people began to retreat inside of their homes, fearing the oncoming darkness, a small glow, starting off dim, then becoming as bright as any flame appeared in the forest. A girl, dressed in a white nightgown, stood a distance away from the homes nearby. She slowly sat down, lantern in hand. Though it was hard to notice at first, she wasn't completely opaque. She brought her knees to her chest, scared. She didn't know where she was. She didn't know what she was going to do. All she knew was that something terrible was happening and nothing hurt her anymore.

As a man walked by, heading towards his house, he saw the girl and his eyes widened. As the girl was about to say something, he hurried away, horrified. The girl's face became sad. She gingerly touched the empty place where her eye once was. It wasn't her fault she looked that way. Suddenly, she heard more footsteps and said quietly, "Who's there?"

Anonymous

Leo looked around. He had walked the entire day and was a bit tired. But he was used to it, so it was with a smile on his lips, he continued walking.
He liked this time of the day - just before the sun went down and everything went dark. it was very beautiful, and Leo didn't understand why some people was scared about it. Nothing was different in the dark, except that you couldn't see everything.
But Leo liked it. It wasn't scary at all, but some people wouldn't listen to that.
He had taken the string of his dog a few hours previous and now he whistled after it. They was near a town, and then it couldn't run around without the string.
It came to him immediately it heard it own whistle. He sat the string on the dog and talked to it with a gently voice.
Then he continues walking with the dog beside him. Friendly he nod to a man, but the man just looked at him and hurried inside his house. He shrugged his shoulders.
He looked around and further on he saw a girl. She had a lantern which light wasn't that bright. It wasn't dark yet, but it helped a bit.
When he came closer, he heard her say something. First he didn't hear it, but then he realized what she have said.
"No one special, Miss. Just a tired wandering storyteller," he said, and his lips formed a friendly smile.
He stopped a short distance from her and looked at her. She looked scared.

CastlesInTheSky

Moria looked at him as well and looked a little less scared. It was a good thing that he wasn't scared of how she looked. Most people ran away when they saw her empty eye socket and the blood on her face. She tilted her head a little to the side, looking more relaxed. "Hello, sir. Would you mind telling me where I am? I'm not sure."

Anonymous

Leo had seen a lot of different people in the past years. He liked meeting new people. Some people looked different from other, but he thought it was a good thing.
He looked around. There were no other people around. It was getting darker, and in west, the sun was almost down. In a hour, you couldn't see it. So he had to find a place to sleep soon. It wasn't easy in the dark. But the girl really looked like she needed help, and Leo was always ready to help.
"Actually," he said and found a map in his backpack.
"I'm not sure either." his lips formed a little smile and he looked at her.
"But maybe my map can help us," he said and looked at it. He draw the place he had seen on the mad, so he could find it again. He looked and found the road he was going on.
"I don't know what the next town is, I haven't been there before. But it's only a few miles," he said and putted the map back in the backpack.
The dog stood beside its owner, but look with interest at the girl. it was obvious it would like to go to the girl, but it stayed beside Leo. It was raised to that.

CastlesInTheSky

Moira went over to him with some caution, but seemed to trust him a little more. She peered at the map, standing on her tip-toes. She held her lantern up some to help them see it. She smiled at the dog, and wished she could pet it, but she was a ghost and she couldn't. She said, "Thank you, sir." She looked at him curiously now. "Would you mind if I follow you? I promise to light your way so you can see."