Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Making Port!

Started by Anonymous, September 19, 2011, 05:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

OOC: feel free to fill up the time space i put there lol

IC:

Narron stood in silence as Rajko comforted and explained  things to the girl. There was no need to add on to Rajko's comments; he had said everything that needed to be said. Besides, not all  the sailors were as rude as that one had been- maybe he was having a bad day?  The man thoughtfully looked over at his remaining basket.
"Perhaps a better mannered cook from another ship will buy that lot," he proclaimed, optimistically. He was rather looking forwards to the poi lessons and the upcoming feast.

Narron gave a sly grin.
"So you were saying, Rajko?" he asked, referring to the stories he had wanted to hear to pass the time until the next basket could be emptied.
It turned out that it didn't need to take that long of a time. No more than fifteen minutes did pass when another sailor from a different ship, The Sea Dragon. This time the man was of dark skin, bald, and of a sturdy built.  With him were two of his helpers with baskets in their arms, which Narron approved of.  The man looked fierce, but he spoke  surprisingly passing Yoreiq. They conducted speedy business, Narron was paid a little over the amount the previous cook had given him.

The man looked at the money with confusion.
"I really don't know what I'm going to do with all of this," he admitted, " I don't even know why other countries bother. Our system is much more simple and efficient, I think."
He put those coins away and motioned for the others to get off the rug for him to be able to roll it up.
"Kaori, will you be staying with us for a while , then?  You're not needed anywhere else?" he asked to be sure. He knew how mischievous the children of the island could get.

Anonymous

Kaori gave a quick glance at the shadows to tell what time it was, then shook her head in response to Narron's question. "I need to help Mama gather food tonight. I should head back soon." She looked over the shiny coins in her palm, then grinned and held up the kite for Narron. "Here! You gave me shiny things, so you can have this kite in exchange. That is <buy,> yes?"