Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Euphoria in the Grass [Finished/Closed]

Started by miss_sanguine, November 08, 2011, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

The feel of the cool, tall grass against his bare back left Monnayage in a state of pleasant bliss as he wormed around on the ground like a complacent cat. It really was quite pleasant, this grass, with its rich smells and soft blades. He was surrounded by a sea of soft summer smells and the low hum of insects; every nerve in his body was alive and screaming with titillation.

Due to being alone, he felt no shame in the purring sounds he was making, nor was he particularly bothered by the fact that he was dirtying himself. He would worry about that later.

From the corner of his vision he could see Maneki lying in the grass, watching him. While she looked annoyed by his behavior, he could sense otherwise. She wanted to join him. But the oh-so-sassy kitty would never admit to it, he knew, nor would she ever degrade herself to something such as this. That only made him smile wider.

His hands, which were above his head where he lay, clenched tightly around fistfuls of grass. "Come on, Makki," he said through panting breaths. His heart was racing in his chest. "Try it. You know you want to."

He could feel her regarding him with her scrutinizing gaze. <I'll pass. You look like an idiot. Or like a kitten that has just discovered a large patch of catmint, which still makes you look like an idiot.>

"Ha." So that was her excuse? It was probably true. He definitely felt euphoric. "Suit yourself."

She may not have decided to join him on it, but he sure as heck wasn't going to stop.

Clair

Dorothea shuffled her way through the tall grass, her cloak and tunic clumped up in her arms; she wore only a sleeveless linen shirt, her tights and her felt boots. The air was cool, it made her arms tingle, but pleasantly so. Inhaling deeply through her nostrils and exhaling through her mouth, Dorothea also felt the bliss of the beautiful day and it's sweet scents that were carried on the breeze.

As she moved through the grass, she heard him before she saw him. The strange rustling and odd purring sounds... obviously someone else was enjoying themselves; perhaps a bit too much?

"What... are you doing...?" Dorothea asked, finally seeing the young man in the tall blades of grass.

miss_sanguine

His eyes, which had closed as he'd continued to enjoy himself in the grass, opened slowly at the sound of the stranger's voice. How had he not heard her approaching?

Ah. Yes. Because he was rolling around and purring like an "idiotic kitten."

Maneki was snickering mentally at him.

He lifted his head to look at the newcomer. The first thing his eyes were drawn to was her startlingly intense hair: comparing it to her head being on fire wasn't too far off in his books. Not that vibrant hair colors were unusual in Serendipity, but it was in stark contrast against the verdant greens of the grassland.

His mind was still a bit hazy from the adrenaline flooding through his body; however, he was immediately interested in this person. Above all other reasons, she was a girl, and girls always caught his attention. Even if she was a bit too young for him.

"Hello," he said, flashing her one of his winning smiles that he reserved only for women. He was acutely aware of the purring sounds still coming from his throat, fading with each heavy breath he took. "I'm . . . ah . . ." A quick look over himself told him that he wasn't in the best of positions. He was covered in broken blades, smudges of green on his skin.

He breathed out a laugh at himself and lifted his arm to pull some strands of hair out of his face before gazing at the girl again. "I'm rolling around in the grass. Care to join me?"

Tinges of disapproval emanated from Maneki, but he ignored them.

Clair

Dorothea wasn't sure what to think of the strange young man; but he was handsome and appeared to have a strong, fit body. She couldn't help feel a bit of attraction to him. And she loved his spirit already. He was doing what he wanted, pleasing himself and not giving a damn what anyone else might think. That wasn't a sign of weakness.

She shrugged and let herself fall gracefully into the soft grass beside him. Her eyes close and her arms spread out, as if she were hugging in the sun. "Dorothea," she said, not opening her eyes. "And you?"

miss_sanguine

He'd expected a skeptical look, an offended reaction, or even a mild rejection. What he hadn't expected was for the girl to drop down next to him and make herself comfortable.

Well! Life was full of surprises.

Smiling all the more wider, Monnayage rolled onto his side to face Dorothea and pillowed the side of his head on his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Dorothea," he said. The purring had finally stopped, mad elation being replaced by other more mannish hormones. His heart was still racing like a rabbit. "I'm Monnayage."

With a heated growl, Maneki was suddenly up on his side. Her leap had not been gentle, either, claws extended slightly and verging on the point of breaking his sensitive skin when she'd landed. She curled up possessively, glaring at Dorothea.

"Ah," he added, holding back a wince and a laugh. "And this is Maneki."

Clair

Dorothea lay silent a moment longer, before rolling over to meet his position opposite of him. She rest her head in her hand, propped up by one elbow. "Well," she said smoothly with a smirk, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Monnayage. " She nodded towards the cat. "And Miss. Maneki. You're quite beautiful."

She winked at Monnayage. "As are you, sir." It was true; Dorothea couldn't remember ever meeting someone so gorgeous in her life. It took a lot of strength to hold back her blush- she never blushed, she made others blush. She did not "fall" for others, Dorothea made them fall over her. How much Dorothea wanted to just grab him and...

Dorothea sighed and closed her eyes, letting herself fall back into the grass. As much as she wanted to take Monnayage, she would not allow herself to come across as desperate.

miss_sanguine

He could tell Maneki was startled by Dorothea's compliment. Her claws, which had been biting against his bare skin, were suddenly retracted, and her tightened posture loosened considerably.

Even he was a bit surprised by this girl's directness. She certainly wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind. It was true that he was quite handsome—he'd been told on many occasions—but girls tended to lean toward the shy side when speaking to him because of it. At least small girls like this one. They seemed to think that being forward in their attraction would turn him off for some silly reason. This girl, however, was obviously different.

He liked it.

Maneki, on the other hand, was still a bit wary, despite the girl having fed into her vanity. Monnayage could sense it, since the feline was not going out of her way to block her feelings from him. Probably due to her shock and mild resentment. She was always like this when girls showed him the least bit of adoring attention.

Notwithstanding his completely agreeing with Dorothea on her statement about his good looks, he held back from openly saying so. Instead he said, with a bit of a sportive tinge, "You're considerably pleasing to the eyes yourself, my lady."

Clair

"I know," Dorothea said lazily, not one for 'thank you's'. She lifted one hand to her hair and pulling up a few locks of it. She held up her hair, the sun caught it brilliantly, casting a red glow over her white linen shirt; slowly, Dorothea let the hair fall back into the place on the ground, then repeated in picking it up again.

She hoped she wasn't being too bold, but Dorothea just could not bring herself to be very polite. Why should she thank someone for simply stating the truth?! Obviously, the person wasn't blind and wasn't stupid for commenting on her good looks. But that did not earn a thank you from her. Very little did.

Her head lolled to the side to face him more directly. Her eyes squinted at him, and she smirked. "Isn't it wonderful that two beautiful people happen to be here together?"

miss_sanguine

His eyebrows rose high at this latest statement, amusement escalating. Well, well! Definitely not timid. And definitely not coy. Something about her reminded him of Maneki.

He laughed, then found himself leaning closer to her as she fiddled with her dazzling hair. She smelled of magic, of exotic lands. Her natural scent, along with the various pheromones she happened to be releasing, heated his blood tremendously.

Then her eyes—more verdant than the grass on which he lay—locked onto his and he saw a much older woman staring at him. This was no fifteen year old if he had anything to say about it.

"You know," he said, breathing out slowly to dispel some of his body's heat, a smile still on his face. "You might want to be careful with all of this flattery. One would think you were hinting toward something."

Clair

Had she not had more self control than the average girl, she might have blushed deeply- Dorothea could not deny that she felt a slight burning in her cheeks- but she simply was too prideful. Dorothea chuckled, closing her eyes again and turning her face away. "Perhaps, Monnayage, you are simply hoping that I am hinting at something more?"

miss_sanguine

He laughed, one of his true laughs, head pulling back a little. Oh, he liked this girl! Not only was she playing with him, she was doing it in a way that left him the one being baited. It was working, too.

"And what if I am?" he asked, still chuckling. He moved even closer this time, the warmth of her body discernible and the pheromones nearly overwhelming. His voice lowered to a seductive murmur. "Last I checked, however, I simply asked you to join me in my fun in the grass."

Clair

Dorothea leaned away, not very far, playfully, and turned to face him. "Oh, but I have, haven't I?" she said softly. "I'm laying here in the grass beside you. So, I do believe it is you who is hinting for more." She rolled closer and smirked.

miss_sanguine

His eyes followed her as she moved away from him. It was true that she had unexpectedly flopped down with him in the grass, but there were two distinct differences from what he'd been doing earlier and what he was doing now. This was far more enticing than simply rolling around.

"Ah, but if you didn't notice, I was not only lying in the grass, I was rolling in it. I see no rolling here." He brought his free arm forward, mere centimeters away from her own, and fondled the grass there with his fingers. Not once did his eyes move away from hers. "And in order to fully enjoy rolling around in the grass, I would suggest being... shirtless." He smirked, watching her to see how she would react.

Maneki was saying something to him at this point, but he purposefully blocked her out.

Clair

Dorothea smiled and chuckled and sat up. "Ah, I see..." she said, leaning against one arm. With her free hand, she pulled at her loose linen shirt. "I guess you're right... I wouldn't want the shirt to get too stained... and it is very hot. But... I don't know if I can manage it. I'm just too weak from travel." She smirked and moved her hand to his chest, tracing his taut muscles of his chest.

miss_sanguine

Maneki struck without warning, her paw shooting out to claw at Dorothea's reaching hand. She hissed with malice.

All Monnayage could do was shout out in surprise and dismay, then sit up with such speed that his offending cat was forced to the ground.

Oh, Kia! Why did the stupid fuzzball have to do this now?

Clair

Dorothea pulled back, one eye brow raised bemused. "Well then," she said, standing. "I guess that's my cue. I've over stayed my welcome have I? Oh well, and I was so hoping to get to know you better, Monnayage."

miss_sanguine

Damned Maneki! He wanted to kick her, but of course would never bring himself to doing it. <Why would you do that?!> he raved as he looked down at his cat, who looked very pleased with herself and in no way ashamed.

At once she started to purr. <I've told you before,> she said. As if to rub in even further how much she did not care, she began to lick her paw. <Uncontrollable reflex. Can't help it.>

"Like hell it's an uncon—what?" He turned to Dorothea as she stood, terrible disappointment causing his heart to drop down into his stomach. "No!" He was shooting to his feet in an instant, pieces of grass falling from his body. "You have not overstayed your welcome."

Clair

Dorothea was secretly pleased that he immediately jumped up, but she wouldn't say anything. She placed her hands on her hips and walked around him slowly. "Why should I stay?" she said, teasingly. "I mean... Maneki is clearly a beautiful girl herself. I surly can't compete."

Anonymous

( MODS, PLEASE DELETE. SORRY FOR BEING FAILTASTIC. -KIRI )

miss_sanguine

"I ... uh .... Ah." He smirked, watching her with his eyes as she circled around him like a predatory lioness. So that was it: more fooling around. He couldn't deny that it wasn't a huge relief to realize this. For a moment he had thought that Dorothea had really been offended. He let out an inaudible sigh of relief.

<She's right,> said Maneki. <She can't compete. You should tell her that.>

But instead, he said, rather smugly, "I wouldn't go as far as to say that. She's just a cat." Maneki spat at this. "And I make it a habit to not charm cats." Oh, yes. Maneki deserved that.