Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Trust the Woman Sleeping Next to You

Started by miss_sanguine, December 18, 2011, 06:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

Like a kitten desperate for attention, Monnayage followed Korbane to her room, oblivious to those he passed. The walk was short, but time no longer existed; when they got to the room, he couldn't even remember having walked there.

The place was small, decent. Warm. It smelled of her, her perfume taking up the whole space like a thick blanket. He took a few deep breaths, soaking it in as she walked back over to the door. What interested him the most was the bed, big and comfortable-looking. The desire to curl up on it and roll around on the soft bedding perked its head.

He was making his way for it, ready to do just that, when Korbane slipped in front of him.

Ah! Her. He'd almost forgotten her at the sight of the bed, mind easily catching on to one thing and dumping everything else.

"Pet?" He glanced around, looking for the pet to which she referred, then realized she meant Maneki. At the same time he realized this, Maneki started to growl, low and deep in her throat, body suddenly ready to spring. Her claws dug deep into his skin, tail wrapping possessively around his neck. While he knew it should have hurt to have those barbed claws sinking into him, he strangely felt nothing at all, maybe a few pinches.

An odd territorial feeling overcame him then, and he found himself backing up, growling as well without knowing why. "Maneki's not a pet," he said.

Haze

She took a step back, eyeing the animal with contempt. This stupid cat was making this job so much more difficult than it needed to be. Then she softened her eyes, till they were like molten gold. "Oh, Monnayage. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Of course she's not just a pet. She's your friend." Glancing around the room, she let her eyes fall to the bed, and then back to his face.

"Come," she cooed, stretching out a hand to him, "I was merely suggesting that she might... get in the way... with what I plan to do with you. Why don't we -" Stuff her in the draw. Let her suffocate. "-pop her outside for a moment. I can go and get some food for her. She'll be perfectly safe."

miss_sanguine

As he put his hand up to Maneki to hold her paw, his eyes, too, traveled to the bed. Again it looked so nice.

"More than a friend, really," he said absent-mindedly, focus now solely on the bed. "And you didn't offend me. You offended her."

For some strange reason he couldn't get a hold of his own thoughts. Why had he acted out so vehemently? Korbane had shown no reason to want to harm Maneki, there being no reason for his companion to be hooking to his skin.

All he wanted was to lie down in the bed with this beautiful woman, and if that meant kicking the cat out of the room for some privacy, then he would do it. It wasn't like it would be the first time he'd had to do such a thing.

The only problem was the fact that the feline was now attached to him, quite literally, and while he still couldn't feel any pain, tearing her off of him didn't seem pleasant to him.

"Any ideas on how we get her off of me?" he asked, laughing. The question sounded funny to him.

Haze

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the thought that the cat was more than just a pet, let along more than a friend, and it rose even higher as he said she'd offended her.

Seriously? It's a fucking animal. Get rid of it already. I want to kill you!

"Not a clue," Korbane said with a tight smile, "But I'm sure such a delightful creature couldn't resist a pat." She took a step closer, and reached her hand out, taking his hand in hers, and stroking the back of it lightly with her thumb. "Surely she would relax with something like this, hmm?"

miss_sanguine

There was her hand again, soft and gentle, sending tingles up and down his arm with its touch. Any and all tension he'd been feeling before was gone, replaced by absolute bliss.

"Mmm." He put his other hand on her stroking one, almost wanting her to stop so that he could try and get a hold of his senses, which seemed to have been left back outside. "She probably wouldn't. But I definitely would."

Again Maneki was saying something, or at least trying to. Her voice, which usually rang so clearly in his mind, came off as a distant hum, as if she were beating against a thickset door. Then the cat leapt at Korbane, hissing and spitting, and all he could do was blink in surprise.

Haze

She gave a knowing smile for the small amount of progress. She knew it would only be a matter of getting him rid of the cat before she could have her way with him, send him spiraling out of control. And when he was blissfully unaware of her, floating off in his own ocean of pleasure, she'd stab him through the heart, and be done with it all.

She gave a startled cry as the cat leaped at her, quickly grabbing the thing around it's middle, and holding it's wriggling self away from her. Her eyes turned dark as its claws sank into the flesh on her arms, but she wasn't about to let a few stings stop her from her job.

"Alright then, darling," she said sweetly, turning and heading to the door. "Out you go." For Monnyage's sake, she kept her tone mellow, as if she was not seething on the inside that this ball of fur could ruin all her plans for the night. Clutching Maneki with one hand, she quickly opened the door, and hiffed her out. She slammed the door shut again before the animal could sneak back inside.

Rubbing her arms ruefully, Korbane sauntered back over to her mark, swaying her hips, and staring at him coyly. "About this bed..."

miss_sanguine

Everything happened too fast for Monnayage to get a grasp of what was going on. Korbane seemed to act out with lightning reflexes, catching Maneki mid-leap and bearing through with what scratches the mad cat achieved.

He knew he should do something--his gut intuition told him so, but what?

Before he could decide, however, Maneki was tossed from the room, and there were furious hisses and yowls and sounds scratching outside of the door. He got the feeling that Maneki was calling him, but again he couldn't quite tell.

It was . . . it was too hard. Too much effort. He put his hand to his temple, bemused. "I . . . ah . . . What? The bed?"

Yes. The bed. It had looked comfortable enough. Maybe he'd feel better once he'd curled up in it. "Right. The bed." He brought his hand down and smiled at her. "After you."

Haze

"After me? Aren't you the gentleman," Korbane smirked. Time to get your whore on, she thought. You know what, by the look of him, I might not even have to.

She brought her hand up to his chin, and stroked her thumb along his bottom lip, and then rose her eyebrow invitingly. Oh, tease him she would.  She sauntered to the bed, crawling up on her hands and knees, flashing enough of her thighs, and even her backside for it to be unseemly, and then sprawled herself out on her back in the center, arms flung above her head.

"Mmm..." she hummed before lifting her head, "Aren't you going to come and join me?"

miss_sanguine

Once Korbane lay on the bed, Monnayage wasted no time in joining her. An emotion of stimulation coursed through him, making his blood sing with desire and warmth. He curled up on the bed with Korbane, taking in how very soft the bedding was--just as he'd imagined it would be.

Caught up in his comfort, he wormed his way closer to Korbane's body, her natural perfume heating his nose. Like a cat, he began to twist his body to fit the contours of hers, enabling him to have as much contact as he could. He started to purr as he nuzzled his head against her neck, lost in his cat-like feelings.

"Mm," he said through his purring, speaking into her neck. "You smell nice."

Haze

Korbane giggled as he curled himself around her, and even tilted her chin a little to allow him more neck to nuzzle against. Bringing her arm down around his shoulders, she traced lazy patterns along the top of his back.

"Do I smell good?" She asked lightly, with just a hint of a saucy smile, and she shifted herself around to face him, pressing her forehead to his. This part she knew well enough. Tease him, lure him in with the contact. A little flutter of movements, making herself accessible to him.

As she brushed her nose against his lightly, she peered into his eyes, batting her eyelashes innocently. Her lips were so very close, she could feel his cool breath against them, but she held steady. "Have you ever kissed a woman before, Monnayage?"

miss_sanguine

All of these pleasing smells and the comfort of the bed left Monnayage suddenly sleepy. His words of praise and mindless affection turned into low mutterings of nonsense, soon to be replaced by nothing but purrs and murrs.

When Korbane spoke, he opened his eyes--which he hadn't even realized he'd closed--and gave a tiny, tittering laugh. "'Course," he murmured. "My lips," and here he gave another laugh, "aren't celibate." Faces of women, too many women, blinked into his consciousness. Women whose lips had all graced him at one point or another.

But then his lids grew heavy again and he sighed contentedly as he closed them.

Haze

"Dammit." She'd missed her window, by the looks, and Korbane wasn't terribly pleased with the outcome. Or, she was, but it just wasn't what she'd been prepared for. Why the hell'd he pass out so quickly? Eh, fuck it. Just get the job over and done with.

She got herself up off the bed, stretching her neck to each side, and heard the satisfying pop of vertebra. Her hands clenched themselves once in anticipation, and she went for the  dagger hidden deep in the inside pocket of her jacket. She grinned with the feel of it, bouncing the blade in her palm, casting an eye to the door, where the hissing and scratching had ceased.

Korbane ran a hand through her tick mane, and crawled back atop the bed, settling herself to straddle Monnayage. She raised the dagger high above her head, with the blade pointed down towards his heart.

miss_sanguine

Monnayage had not fallen asleep, but his eyes were so heavy, like lead. Even his thoughts seemed laden down by something heavy yet soft. He couldn't grasp anything at all: sounds, smells, sights, thoughts. It all whirled about him in one big mass. So, when he opened his eyes to a sound that actually stood out and saw Korbane hovering over him with a knife, he didn't quite know what he was seeing.

Still smiling, he blinked a few times, eyes flickering from the weapon to the woman. "What're you doing?" he managed. If this was some kind of kinky game, he was afraid he didn't know how to play. Not that he could really move. "Come lie back down with me." He already missed the feel of her warm body pressed against his.

Haze

She wasn't going to stop now that she'd started. She couldn't. Who cared that he saw her face as she killed him? He wasn't going to tell anyone. With his feeble words, she just hissed. "We're playing a game, Monnayage," she sneered, "it's called - 'doing my job.'" Not hesitating a moment longer, she brought the blade down in a fast jabbing motion.

But then there was a pounding at the door, and as she swung her head to glare at it, the knife dragged across his torso, certainly doing enough to maim, but not near enough damage to kill. Cursing like a sailor, Korbane's face was a picture of absolute fury. Fuck! Dammitalltohell! Why can't I just get one fucking moment to do my fucking job!

"Hello!?" A man's voice called between the banging, "Hello? Anyone in there!? Ouch! Stop scratching!" Korbane rolled her eyes, and flew off the bed, but not without pressing the dagger to Monnayage's throat. "Stay," she commanded her eyes like molten gold, blazing with the fires of hell, if there was such a place. She was fuming.

Stalking across the room, she opened the door a crack. "What do you want?" She scowled, "I am busy. I have a client..."

"Well, it's just that this here cat," the gentleman sounded nervous, simply from the murderous look on Korbane's face, "she was yowlin' to come up. And I figured she was yours, since she came up here and all-"

"Whatever you do," the assassin interjected, not wanting to hear, and certainly not wanting Maneki to come back in, "do not let go of that-" It was too late though. The cat was out of his arms, and a flash.

miss_sanguine

A whisper of derision, a flash of silver, then a knock at the door. Monnayage was all too aware of the cold that swept across his middle as Korbane turned to look at the door, followed by a rush of fire that flooded down his side and onto the bedding.

Bewildered, he put a hand to the spot. It felt warm, wet, and when he brought his hand back up to his face to look at it, it was covered in a dripping red liquid.

Monnayage had bled many times before, Maneki making sure to show her wrath to him with her claws on a constant basis, but never had he seen so much of it. The thick life's nectar covered the front of his hand like a shining glove, trickling down onto his face. The smell hung so strongly in the air that he could taste it—bitter-sweet, metallic. All he could do was stare, fascinated by what he saw. Then he lifted his head up off the bed to gaze at the gaping gash on his torso, the ragged tear hidden beneath the blood that continued to pool forth.

He took little notice of the blade to his throat, in too much shock to think of anything other than the fact that he was bleeding.

How? Why?? And why couldn't he feel anything? There was no pain when there should have been.

Voices spoke as if from far away. As he looked to the door, a cream-colored streak shot toward him. Soon something soft and warm was nuzzling his face, his shoulders, his side. Someone was saying his name over and over again, relief and concern coloring its words.

"Maneki?" He blinked. The cat moved to the wound almost at once, licking at it rapidly, though unable to stem the steady flow.

Pressure. He needed to put pressure on it. That tidbit of information clashed to the forefront of his mind and he looked around for something he could use. The effort exhausted him, his sluggishness threatening to pull him down into the soft black void of sleep he'd been about to fall into before the ordeal had occurred. Only his adrenaline kept him awake.

The only material available to him at the moment was the bedding, and that's what he grabbed, pulling the soft fabric toward him and pressing it down on the wound. Maneki promptly adjusted herself to sit on it, providing what weight she could, but she was not heavy enough. She looked to him with her bright blue eyes filled with concern and meowed.

He smiled, then lay his head back. "So tired . . . Maneki."

Haze

Korbane blinked at the man in the doorway. Althought 'man' was an understatement. He was gangly, awkward looking teenager. If the assassin hadn't been preoccupied with how she was going to get out of this particularly botched job, she would have laughed at his huge ears. The boy peered around her,

"Wh-what happened?"

"Oh, thank goodness you're here," Korbane exclaimed, deciding to go with a story of distress. "I just came up here to my room, and he was laying there. Bleeding all over my bed!" Her eyes went wide and she stepped around him. "You go over and help him. I'll go-" Run far far away. "-get a doctor. Thanks!" She didn't wait any longer. She was off down the hallway, disappearing into the seedy light of the brothel. And she wasn't about to come back any time soon.

Etharon looked stunned for a moment, casting big, worried eyes to the man and his cat. He fairly tripped over himself getting over the the wounded man, but plopped himself gracelessly beside him, and nudged his hands under the cat, hoping to be able to put a decent amount of pressure on the bleeding. "Man - you're bleedin' worse than a stuck pig! What did you do, anyway, to get all hurt like this?"

miss_sanguine

It should have concerned him that he was bleeding so much, but at this point in time, Monnayage found that he didn't care. After all, there was no pain to speak of, no feeling at all, really. His whole body felt made of stone, heavy, slowly sinking into the bedding until he was sure he'd fall through the floor below. If there even was a floor. Maybe he was sinking down into an ethereal oblivion.

That wouldn't be so bad.

From far away, as he felt himself falling into sleep, he heard himself answer the new voice. "Women." He laughed. Then he embraced the blackness that came like an old friend.

- - -

Maneki didn't know what to do. Panic threatened to overwhelm her. She couldn't feel Monnayage's mind like she usually could--had been able to since she had been a small kitten. Any bit of it she did manage to grasp was clouded, fading, muddling her own mind until she had to pull out.

This new person, the man she had finally been able to force to follow her, was not one she would have chosen first had she a choice, but he'd been the nearest human and she'd been in a hurry. As he approached Monnayage's bleeding form, she growled at him, ears pulling back and fur rising, but did nothing more.

She was tempted to strike him out of instinct when he reached under her. He was not the enemy, though. He wasn't that woman. He was all she had for help as her companion lay bleeding beneath her.  

Help him! she meowed. Why wasn't he getting help? Why wasn't he doing something other than talking, when Monnayage was clearly in no state to be talking?

She was aware of her companion blacking out, the separation from his mind more defined. This made her mewl softly, very unhappy with the feeling.

Haze

"Women?" Etharon repeated, looking decidedly worried. "I never knew women could make you bleed." He was quite confused at this little piece of information. "Hey ... hey mister?" Etharon gulped at the limpness of the other. He reached a hand out to shake Monnayage, trying to bring him out of his stupor.

"He's dead." Etharon went pale, and looked down to his hand, covered in blood, even through the sheet balled up against the wound. "He's dead. Oh gods. I need to get someone else. I don't know what to do!" His breathing started to come out quite erratically, and he very nearly picked up the cat, wanting to shake her and ask "WHAT DO I DO!!?"

He didn't though. Right, boy-o. This is what you've always wanted. A chance to be a hero. That chick isn't coming back. I bet she was the one who did it. I should get a doctor. Right. Doctor.

"Still taking his time to get away, he felt the sharp sting of claws grazing over the back of his hand, and he yelped away. He glowered at the cat. "Alright, alright. I'm going.

"Here, kitty," he called in a shaky voice, "come sit on here again. I'll go and get someone. Someone who can help. Don't let him die, okay? Am I talking to a cat? Idiot. Shut up. Why are you talking? Ugh! Doctor! Go!" He pulled himself up, and took off tearing downstairs and into the streets, looking for anyone who might help.

---

It was early morning by the time the doctor had been found, tended to Monnyage, and left again, leaving an exhausted young boy slumped into a chair. The doctor, who had also happened to have been a magically gifted healer, had ceased the bleeding and closed up the gaping gash and had given Etharon strict instructions to not let the patient go anywhere for a few days. He'd be sore, and more than a little woozy after losing so much blood.

So Etharon had no choice but to sit at the wounded's side, and wait for him to wake up so that he could relay this message.

miss_sanguine

The first thing Monnayage became aware of when he ebbed back into consciousness was the light, breathing object on his chest. Whatever it was, the warmth it gave comforted him, and the noise it made upon his waking reassured him with its rumbling. Before he even knew that it was Maneki, he felt a sense of relief from the presence.

For some reason his eyes did not want to open, nor did the signals his body sent him make much sense. For one, the smells--besides Maneki's cat-like one--were all wrong. His house did not smell of almonds and desert heat. It almost overwhelmed him it was so strong.

In fact, everything came off stronger. Sounds especially. While Maneki's purr soothed him, it was still loud. The sound of his own breathing, his own heart, even, pounded in his ears and caused a stabbing pain in his head to start.

But wait. It wasn't just his own breathing. Someone else was there. And, as he focused a little more, he could detect something like the smell of . . . blood?

<Yes,> Maneki said, answering his thoughts. While she'd said it as softly as possible, the sudden intrusion of words felt like a shout, a horn that clanged around against the walls of his head, and he groaned.

<Wha--why can't I move? Where am I?> he asked feebly as he tried to stem off the pain in his head. <Who else is here?>

Instead of answering with words, for which Monnayage was grateful, Maneki shared with him what she saw. The cat's vision was slightly distorted, her perception of color and light being different than his own, but he could see that she lay atop him. He was under the covers of an unfamiliar bed. Whatever room he was in, it was small, though decently furnished.

And there, beside the bed, sat a man. Or a boy. Monnayage couldn't tell which, he looked so . . . scrawny.

Maneki turned her head so that he could see the linen on the floor. Through her eyes, the red staining it seemed to glow. It could be nothing but the blood he smelled, and there was a lot of it.

At first he felt worried that it might be Maneki's, or even the lad that sat beside him, but that didn't make much sense. His cat seemed fine, as did the boy's. So then whose. . . . ?

But of course it was his. How could he not have recognized that right away? It smelled like him.

That woke him up a little. His eyes, though so heavy he wouldn't be surprised to find they'd been turned to stone in the night, opened. Vision blurry, he couldn't make out much, though he recognized many of the blurry things from what Maneki had shown him.

"What--nnk!" As he'd tried to move to face the stranger next to him, a bruising pain made itself known on his torso. "Gods!" he said through clenched teeth. What in the seven hells of some unknown religion had happened last night?!

Haze

He was supposed to be watching. But a fitful sort of dozing had captured him, and he rested with his chin on his chest. It wasn't until some inarticulate sounds came from the stranger in the bed that he prised his eyes open. "Huhwhat?" He lifted his head, and wiped at the sleepy drool leaking from the corner of his mouth. "Oh hi! You're awake!" He instantly perked up, and began to grin like a right ninny.

"Doc said you're not allowed to move. So you just sit right there. That was some cut you got. Man, you were bleeding like a waterfall!" He ran a hand through his dishevelled hair, and carried on. "You have a clever kitty, that's for sure. She - it is a she, right? - came to get some help for you. That other woman up here was useless!" He shook his head and sighed. "You alright?"

Tags: