Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Moving in

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2011, 01:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Arathi was to move houses for some reason he had not been enlightened with, that his superiors had resolved, and so he had gone. He had been allowed to keep the small amount of possessions that he owned, but for the most part, he had been told to trust in the good will of his soon to be family, and rely on them for the rest. He had accepted this with his usual goodwill, or lack of reaction, whichever an observer would prefer, and had set out for this new home.

Upon arrival, he entered the grounds, nodded at the first people he saw, and hailed them. With a small bow, "excuse me, but I've been moved here from my old home, and was wondering if you might know where I should go?" He then lapses into silence, standing calmly, arms by his sides, covered by a full tunic and his classic pants, barefoot, wearing a small pack.

Anonymous

Sozu stared wide eyed at the man. He was a Maoin, but...not a native, that was for sure. He was pale skinned and dark haired. The boy gave a quick bow, "Uh, hello honored sir. I am Sozu. I'm a trainee. Allow me to take your things."

Anonymous

"Alright Sozu," he says calmly, removing his pack and offering it to the younger boy with one arm.

Anonymous

Sozu quickly took the pack and gestured for the man to follow. He was a little miffed the man hadn't offered his name. How rude! But Sozu pursed his lips and held his tongue. He wouldn't shame his Master by losing his temper.

He arrived at the room, sliding open the door and stepping to the side, allowing the other man to enter, "Is there anything else I can get you?"

Jeya would be along soon to greet the new arrival, but Sozu was to help him get settled.

Rhindeer

It took Jeya a little longer to arrive, as he had been busy arranging his long white hair into an elaborate up-do, letting just a few strands hang down to frame his face. After topping it all off with a painstakingly chosen hair ornament, one with charms that dangled and jingled pleasantly, he checked himself over in the mirror one final time.

A newcomer was joining their House and he was to extend him all the warmth and hospitality that was only proper of this House, to set a good example and make him feel welcome as one of their own.

If only Jeya actually felt that.

Inside, he was fuming, hoping this man wasn't more attractive than he was. He could steal his clients! Be more charismatic and interesting! Another Maoin meant more competition and it was only years of practice and discipline that schooled Jeya's expression into one of passivity, peace, and placidity. That final glance in the mirror showed that he looked every bit as tranquil and pleasant as he didn't actually feel.

Perfect!

Exiting the room, he breezed toward the new Maoin's quarters. Sozu should have seen him there by now.

And indeed--there he was.

Stepping inside the room, Jeya bowed shallowly. "You must be Arathi," he said, and smiled that perfect smile even while he was judging the shit out of him. Pale skin and dark hair! He wasn't even a true Thanati! How on Earth had he become a Maoin? Inside, he seethed. His competition wasn't even pure-blooded! He might be replaced by a mutt!

"It's an honor. I'm Jeya and I see you've already met my protege, Sozu. Have you found everything to your liking?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Hearing yet another voice just after they arrived at the room, Arathi turned towards it, keeping Sozu in front of him so as to not turn his back on one of his hosts, and offered a small bow in return for the one the new arrival had offered. "I have indeed found everything to my liking, Jeya. Sozu has been most helpful in that regard, in guiding me here."

Bowing again to both of them, apologetically, just barely on this side of politeness, as any more bows might have been construed as mocking or kissing up, which were things he genuinely did not feel, he smiled placidly at the two, and said "I am Arathi. Thank you for your warm greetings, especially yours Sozu, when I did not immediately offer my name upon recipt of your own."

Anonymous

Sozu gave him a brilliant smile, "Oh no, I am but a lowly trainee. You already honor me too much." He hoped the disgusting outsider didn't stay long. It was nice that he had nothing on Jeya, who was beautiful and graceful.

"Do you need help settling your things? Can I bring you any tea or food?"

Rhindeer

Jeya flicked his gaze to Sozu and hoped his protege could read his unhappiness through the smiles. Because he was really, really not pleased. True, part of him was feeling pretty optimistic that his place and popularity was secure because the newcomer did stink of foreigner--but the pessimist in him was aware that there were those that delighted in the taboo, in secret.

And what was their world if not secret?

"Sozu is one of the best I've ever had the honor to teach," Jeya said and looked to Sozu. "I think tea sounds lovely. Why don't you fetch us some and we can talk! I know I'm curious about a number of thing. Where are you from, Arathi?"

Jeya framed it so it could be taken as a jab--as calling his Thanati heritage into question--or as an innocent question of which house he'd come to them from.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa