Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Amongst These Fevered Steps [M] [Goblin]

Started by Juno, January 10, 2012, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He frowned at the thought of her going away to drink more, or go downstairs, or leave the room at all. With a snorting scoff at her feigned sleeping, he just watched her with a slightly amused glaze to his eyes as he fought the playful smile that so desperately wanted to bubble over. "I thought I was deciding." As she leaned close, however, his face suddenly fell into something more serious, as if she was confiding some great secret to him.

Rolling his violet eyes, a devilishly toothy grin was surfacing as he gestured a hand to the window just beyond, though it was currently draped by torn curtains. "We have the moon," he informed her, snaking an arm around her even as she laid back against the bed. Turning himself to face her, he moved closer to balance himself above Tiraris, his other hand pressed into a pillow above her head. "Why don't you do a dance here instead? Inside, where it isn't cold... with me."

GoblinFae

A deep rumbling laugh slowly bubbled up from within her throat. Tiraris wound her arms and legs around Caden. Her fingers latched into his hair and she used the strength of her body to pull herself flush up against him.

As she opened her mouth to say something more though, the room's door burst open. Groaning, Tiraris allowed herself to drop back onto the bed, although she kept one hand still wrapped close to Caden's scalp. 'We never get a break, do we?'

"What did ya do to me room? Silverd'art!" It was the bartender from earlier and he was furious. His arms flapped about and his mouth opened and closed without making a sound.

"He looks like a fish does he not, love?" Tiraris whispered into Caden's ear, trying to sooth any ruffled feathers. Glaring at the intruder she continued louder now, "Get out Ben. We will be gone by morning. The room is paid for and after tonight you will not be seeing either of us again."

"Ya canna be serious! This room is a wreck. It-"
"It needed remodeling, we took care of the hard part for you," she laughed, smirking cruelly. Her fingernails scraped against Caden's scalp as she played with his hair. "Leave us," she dismissed. She was starting to really lose what little patience she had left.

"I'll just be tellin' your mother you was here then." Tiraris tensed and her eyes widened as the man continued. "They say she'll give ya 100 suns if ya know where her daughter is. I knows where ya goin'. Ya haven' been discrete with ya sources. Everyone knows ya seek a mage. There is only one round these parts, so to him ya go." He laughed gleefully and rubbed his hands together. "Oh, I broughts this for ya." He turned and picked up a bottle from outside the room. Looking indecisively at the pair he placed back on the ground and rolled it towards the bed. "Enjoy your night," he leered moving to leave them.

Tiraris barely took notice of anything after the mention of her mother. Her body remained frozen in shock as her mind flared in fear. 'I cannot go home. Caden cannot meet her! If she finds me...Gods above what am I going to do? She must not find me! I knew coming here was a bad idea. I never should have come to Serendipity or allowed our search to come so close to hom-her. I must have been out of my mind. What if she finds out about Caden? Gods above!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He was sure he was finally getting somewhere with her, that sly grin ever-present as he lowered himself against her, not that she needed much help. A low growl escaped him for the feel of her hands against his scalp, but it quickly turned into a snarl as his head snapped to glare at the noise from the door opening. The hell...did he not learn his lesson with me the first time? Caden wasn't about to make a fool of himself again, however, and quietly checked his bubbling anger for her efforts. A disappointed groan could not be masked, however.

Glancing between them as she spoke with the man across the room, he couldn't help but notice the peculiar development arising. This man spoke of her mother and of their search. While the latter only got him a solid glare from the demon, the former tidbit of information about her and the supposed reward just had him confused.

She's never talked of her mother... And she's so tense now. What's this about money, though? That's quite a lot just to find out where your daughter is... He knew Tiraris came from a noble family, and one of respectable power and wealth at that, but he found it peculiar all the same.

As Ben left the only sound remaining in the room was the bottle rolling clumsily across the uneven floor to stop atop the rug near the bed. Turning back to face her, his light hair spilling over his shoulders as a look of confusion struck him, he lowered his head to nuzzle at her cheek. "Tiraris? You look...tense. What's wrong? Is it something he said? I'm...sorry he interrupted."

GoblinFae

Coming back to her sense, Tiraris smiled tiredly and gave him a quick kiss. Her hands moved from his hair to cup his face. "It is not your fault Caden. We just never seem to win do we? Every time we try to do something we fight or get interrupted. Come here."

She tugged on his hair gently, and began to pull him down beside her on the bed. Tucking herself into his embrace, she slipped her hand under his shirt and began tracing patterns lightly on his stomach. "I guess I am just a little nervous about tomorrow," she finally told him. "What if he is not the one? How many more do we have to see? How many more are there even in existence? Is there even a teacher who can help me? How fruitless is our quest Caden? I do not want to hurt you. Today I lost control. It is only getting worse. How much longer do I have, do we have? We just found each other," she mumbled into his chest.

"Why are things so difficult for us?" Tiraris laughed wryly. "I am sorry. I ruined another night it seems. Do you mind if we just stay like this. I do not think I am up for much else. Today was far more draining than I expected."

'Draining, is that what you call traveling, flirting, fighting, massacring, and then seducing? You need to let him go. If mother finds out you will lose him. It is better if you give him up first. If you break his heart first, he cannot break yours.'

She nuzzled against him, breathing deeply. 'It is too late for that. I love him. We will just have to cross that bridge when we get there. He is mine and I am his. I will not allow it to be any other way. Not even she can get in my way now.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He wasn't looking so sad now for her reassurances, but he still frowned all the same. Lowering himself to the bed, he brushed his hair from his face as he curled his arms around her. While it was far more than just a pleasant feeling to have her so close, Caden couldn't help but worry for the reasons she was needing to snuggle now.

Listening as she voiced her further concerns, he gave a low hum of understanding as a hand reached up to pet at her hair. "You haven't ruined anything, love, it's alright," he encouraged, ducking low to kiss her head. "I know it's stressful, and...we've been looking for a long time. There are a lot of things we just won't know until it happens." Sighing, he pressed himself closer to her and gave a gentle squeeze.

"We'll keep looking for as long as it takes, or at least I will, Tiraris. It's a process we'll just have to get through, but we will.

"But...what's this about your mother?" he asked hesitantly, unsure of how to approach the obviously sensitive subject. "Wait...you know what, don't tell me if you'd rather not. I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Let's just relax, alright?" Sighing heavily, he rubbed at her back, but he had no idea how good it might do now; he knew they'd already had a long day and that it was only the most recent example of many throughout their search.

GoblinFae

Tiraris sucked in all the love and comfort she could from Caden's embrace and words. But, with the mention of her mother she could not contain the feeling of panic that engulfed her. Her entire frame began to shake until Caden gave her the choice to not answer. 'This is why I love you so much. If you only knew how good you are to me.'

She nuzzled up closer to him, enjoying the warmth and strength he gave her. "Thank you." She hoped that short phrase could sum up all of her feelings, all the things she just could not say. 'I just hope this can last. He must not meet her, must not even know of her more than he does. She cannot find me. I will not go back to that shell of a life, not when I have you, Caden.'

Smiling up at him, Tiraris removed her hand from his stomach and moved it up to his smooth cheek. "I cannot imagine life without you." She wiggled her body up until their faces were level. Tenderly she kissed him on the lips, trying to convey her fears, her doubts, her anxieties and above all else, her deep love for him. "I love you," she whispered, once more tucking herself securely in his arms. Her eyes began to droop and her breath began to even out as sleep reached out to claim her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

As he'd thought she might, though he'd hoped he might get some small glimpse further into her past, Tiraris's decision was to lay the subject to rest. Soon enough, he felt the beginnings of his purr rumbling in his throat, the comfort of cuddling and just being close trumping the worries he'd had before for her reassurances. "Goes both ways, love," he said softly. Her hand touching at his cheek now, he gave a lazy smile, his eyes half-lidded now as he looked down upon her.

His arms loosened around her as she moved up, but he simply readjusted them and continued to hold her in that same close hug. Their kiss was bittersweet, tender but with brief moments of a further intensity. It was like a cloud hanging over them in such a gentle moment, a reminder of things to come that had yet to reveal themselves to their reality.

Those words, though whispered, still rung out in his mind as she settled herself back against him again. Watching her, he couldn't help but notice she seemed tired. I'll let it be for tonight. Things have been difficult, I don't want to add to her stress. With a pronounced yawn and shudder, Caden nuzzled himself as close as he waited for sleep to claim him.

By the time the late morning sun was spilling streaks of light through the shredded curtains the remaining traces of his demon self had receded. Fully human once more, he was bumped down a few notches on the fierceness scale, especially in sleep. His limbs were no longer tucked in neatly as one arm was being used as his pillow and leg dangled off the edge entirely. He made no sound and save for the slight movements of his chest he appeared fairly motionless, actually looking quite at peace for once.

GoblinFae

Tiraris fell asleep cocooned in the loving embrace of her soulmate. This is not exactly how she woke up though. Somehow in the night the two of them had shifted positions and sprawled out in their own fashions. Where Caden was hanging off the bed in spots, Tiraris had managed to plant herself firmly in the middle of the bed. Her legs tucked into her body, her right arm cradled her head, and her back faced Caden.

She came to a state of awareness slowly at first until she attempted to stretch and unfurl herself from her ball-like position. Unthinkingly she let out a yelp of pain as her bruised side made itself angrily known. Still caught in the sharp pain and a lack of complete alertness she flailed, she swung her left arm out and behind her as she rolled accidentally bringing it down hard across Caden's middle.

Guiltily, Tiraris peaked up at Caden, hoping she hadn't woken him or startled him too badly. "Gods above!" she cursed, still trying to get up without setting her side pain off again. She hoped that Caden would be too tired to notice what had started the whole flailing act and she could blame it on waking up. 'I could only be so lucky to get such a break.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The sharp noise that broke their long silence of sleep only stirred his mind a bit, coaxing him closer to break the surface of consciousness. Furrowing his brow a bit, his free arm slumped down to the bed beside him as if to silence it though his hand was entirely relaxed and he began to settle back into the comfort of half-sleep again. At least, he did until sensations of pain reached him.

Grunting, violet eyes snapped open to see her looking up at him, ears clearly picking up her words now. "Nn," he groaned, bringing his arm up to his side as he pushed himself up to sit. "What...was that for?" he asked over a yawn, eyes settling on her still as his vision became clearer and he drew his dangling leg back up to the bed. "You mad or something?" Caden flashed a cheeky smile even though he had no knowledge of what had just happened other than he hurt now. "Or maybe I grabbed you?"

GoblinFae

Tiraris snorted. "You wish you had grabbed me. Nice try, love. I am sorry though. I am all stiff; I must have slept funny. I was not expecting the pain and accidentally attacked," she told him winking. "But, since you are awake we can get going now."

'How am I going to get off this bed without him noticing I am hurt?'

"You do know where we are going correct? You were the one to get the directions this time. I really am not in the mood for a day of "just around the corner," Caden."

Deciding she could probably roll off the bed and then push herself up, Tirairs began the slow, painful process of maneuvering her sore body over to the bed's edge. As long as Caden did not intercept her she would be good. 'Please no grabby hands this morning. He is going to kill me after last night.' She snorted again at the thought of a sexually deprived Caden. 'I wonder if because of our relationship this is the longest he has ever gone without it. Now there is a thought!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Caden didn't really like the idea of leaving so quickly, he wanted to take his sweet, lazy time. Pushing off to sit up, he raised a brow for her complaining about how he followed, or rather didn't follow, directions. "Hey, at least we get there," he whined, pouting as he combed his hair back from his face. Watching her beginning to roll away toward the other side of the bed, however, just had the demon confused.

"Love, you said you were all stiff... C'mere." He quickly moved to crawl after her, grasping her arm gently to try and get her to stop as he knelt beside her now. "Come on, stay a while? Please? I'll give you a massage, don't you think that might help with it?" He definitely was picking up on all of her huffing snorts, but he wasn't quite sure what the reasoning behind it was, or what she was thinking about him at all.

"What's got you so irritated?" he wondered aloud, guessing at the cause of her noises.

GoblinFae

"Caden," she whined as he stopped her. 'A massage sounds so nice. If only I knew he would not find the bruise.' Tiraris began to pout as she thought about how much she wanted to just lay in bed with Caden. 'Note to self, make excuse to do this later.'

She was just about persuaded to agree when a flash of realization struck her. "You just want to put your hands on me. I see how it is," she smirked, flopping onto her back. Giving up on getting away, Tiraris groaned crossing her arms over her chest. Her eyes looked up at him pleadingly.

"Please Caden," she whined again. "Just think, the sooner we find him, the sooner I learn, the sooner we can," she wiggled her eyebrows up at him, "celebrate." Tiraris looked down, pouting again. "Unless of course you are not interested in me that way."

'As if! Mr. Grabby Hands has yet to prove himself incapable of keeping his hands to himself for more than a day. I just hope this works. I do not know how much longer Caden is going to last with this celibacy.' Tiraris had not forgotten all the stories she knew of her love's promiscuity before they meet. 'It is only a matter of time before he tires of waiting for me. I wish that were not true though.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Caden's frown deepened for her suggestions, and he slid his hand away as he leaned back to sit beside her when she rolled over. It was true he could hardly wait for the day she allowed them to be more intimate with one another, but he felt he'd been patient thus far and didn't feel like her comments were warranted. "Of course I am, Tiraris," he grumbled, crossing his own arms childishly as he looked down upon her.

"I'm not helping you look just....just for that," he complained, turning his head to the side to look toward the window instead as irritation flickered across his eyes. "And I wasn't offering because of that..., much of a perk as it is. I just wanted to help you." Huffing, he untangled his arms and ran a stiff hand through his hair as he turned to push himself off the other side of the bed.

It was then that he realized he was probably going to get her very upset as the day wore on. She already didn't seem in the best of moods to him and he really wasn't entirely sure where the mage they were looking for lived, though he still remembered the directions vaguely. Today might be a very long day after all, he thought with a heavy sigh as he finally set feet to the cold floor.

GoblinFae

'Baby!' her mind screamed. 'What is it with men and wounded pride?' Quietly and stiffly she sat up from her current position as he turned away from her. Just as he was beginning to stand she leaped onto his back. "Silly Caden. I was only teasing," she whispered against his neck.

Tirairs wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. "I love you," she told him, gently biting the juncture of neck and shoulder. "I know you want to help. But, I also know my resolve around you fades so quickly." She nuzzled her head along his jaw like a cat, giggling. "We will never make it out of bed today if I take you up on that offer. I need to stop procrastinating Caden. We need to fix this so we can move on with our lives, so we can have a life. That is not going to happen with us lying in bed all day, no matter how much I want it to be true." She squeezed him tighter. "I love you, Caden. I really do."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Feeling the sudden push at his back, Caden struggled not to topple them both over entirely. With her limbs firmly coiled around him, though, he soon resigned himself to being pulled back down to sit at the edge of the bed. At first, he just scowled and continued to pout, growling for her biting as much as he did like it. Her words softened him up, though, and rather quickly too for her admissions. Well, good, I was beginning to think you didn't want that sort of attention.

"It's not your fault we've been delayed so much," he said with a sigh, raising a hand to her arm as he turned his head to kiss her. "And I love you, too. So much. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but you know I like spending time close to you..., it's been so rare to have anything more than a few kisses or a hug. Not that I'm complaining, I do love it all. Just..." Caden sighed, furrowing his brow for a brief moment before he wiped it away in exchange for a small smile.

"I know... You're right." It did pain him to say it. As much as he didn't want to disappoint her, this was a first for Caden in his adult life. He wasn't used to being so patient, but he knew that he must for her. She was his match, his soulmate, his love for life. He wanted to do it for her.

With another sigh and nod, he leaned his head back against her shoulder to look up at her now. "I guess we should be going, then, right?"

GoblinFae

She took a deep inhale, as if drinking in his scent. "Mmm, why do you have to be so irresistable?" Tiraris gave him one more kiss before releasing and falling back onto the bed with a slight grunt. 'How did we get fated for each other? He really is too good for me. He may be the demon but, I am the monster here. He is so patient and all I do is lash out and hurt him.'

Sitting up, she began to braid her silken mane. As her fingers danced, weaving the strands together, her mind focused on a topic much further from the here and now. 'How can he love me? Why am I so cruel? Here I am lying to him and all he wants to do is love me and take care of me. Poor, poor Caden. I pity that you are forever bound to this heartless wretch.'

Tiraris let out a weighty sigh, binding the braid in place. Shuffling over to her amour and bag, she could not help glaring at it for a long minute as if doing so would solve all her problems. The contemplation of wearing it all though, did not take long. "Nope," she exclaimed, giving the breastplate a kick. "Just not going to happen."

Grumbling because her decision meant bedning down, Tiraris quickly jammed it all haphazardly intto her rucksack. Standing wobbly now, she briefly presed her hand to her burning side, before moving back over to Caden. "Ready love?" she asked taking his hand in her own and kissing his inviting lips.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Even as she fell away he kept his head leaned back enough to watch her braid her hair. He was quiet, very still, and curiously observent of the simple action. Seeing her fingers dance along, weaving in and out, he couldn't help but think about how rare moments like this were for them; just being at peace, silent, and together even if they talked of nothing. He wasn't at all sure of what she was thinking about, if anything, but the sigh that broke the moment seemed to have a voice all its own that, to him, spoke in tongues.

As she moved away and went to attend to her things, he sat up, but still watched her. I don't even know what our future holds. I know what I would like, but does she want the same? Will we still be this way every day? She says that she loves me, but will it last for her? She's given up so much to try this with me, to search for a teacher, but how long will she last like this? She gets so frustrated by it all, I know it's difficult to keep doing this...

Finally standing, he eyed the armor as she fussed with it, but something seemed amiss. She seemed...different, somehow. He didn't miss the touch to her side, but he immediately chalked it up to soreness from their travels and a pang of guilt touched his heart at the thought of it, that they might have been pushing too hard for too long. It was strange, to think that and then see her looking happier to give one more kiss, to reach out for him. "Of course," was all he said as he intertwined the fingers of one hand with hers and then reached for his own pack.

Heading out from the tavern, Caden tried to get his bearings of the road, even as they walked along the way he took them not with complete certainty. "I think it's this way," he mumbled, eyeing the hills beyond them. "Probably up there, since it's kind of close... I'd think so, at least..." He just shrugged for this; they'd been searching for so long now that he didn't feel as much urgency now as in the beginning when he saw possibility at every twist and turn.

GoblinFae

Tiraris had to bite her tongue to stop herself from barking at Caden. If she had not seen his fading enthusiasm she would have started off again about his lack of directions. 'Look at him. Look how I wear on him. Cruel, cruel fate, what do you do to us? Why do you torture him so?'

Content to just walk in silence, Tiraris leaned her head against Caden's shoulder and squeezed his hand gently. "Then this way we shall go," she stated simply. They did not make it far though before they came upon an aged woman sitting on the side of the road.

"Ye are going the wrong way," the woman called to them.
"What do you know of where we are going grandmother?" Tiraris called back as they got closer.
"What ye seek is not this way. He will be of no help to ye," was the cryptic reply.

Stopping now directly in front of the woman, Tiraris knelt down in front of the woman. "Do you know someone that can help us, help me then?"

The old woman began to laugh to herself. "Ye knows who will help ye. Thy bearer has the answers ye seeks."

What little hope she had been acquiring was quickly squashed in that moment. Her neutral mask quickly slammed back up into place as she rose to her feet. Tiraris' lip curled in disgust. "Let us depart Caden. This old crone is as senile as she is old. She speaks nothing but useless riddles in the hopes of waylaying us."

As Tiraris went on ahead, the crone latched onto Caden's arm. "Beware boy. She needs to see her carrier. Only then will she find answers. Ye will die otherwise. Mark my words," she stated, shaking her gnarled forefinger at him. "Ye will die if ye does not heed me warning." Laughing to herself the woman released Caden and wobbled to her feet, waddling off in the opposite direction.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

For him there was an odd tension in their silence, but thankfully it wasn't long before they came across another bump in their journey. He spotted the old woman before she spoke, and for a moment he wondered if she might have been hurt or needed help. But then she called out to them. The wrong way? How would she know? The woman wasn't much help, though, she only continued to tell them they were wrong. What is she even talking about?

Caden furrowed his brow and tightened his grip on Tiraris's hand to lead them away at her own urging. He glanced down to the woman as they went by, but was startled to a stop when he felt her grab him. Now, he was glaring blatantly even as she warned him.

"I won't die. You obviously have no idea who or what I am," he said coldly, snatching his hand away even as she let him go. With sharp eyes he watched her wander away, but he soon was turning to Tiraris instead as he continued to walk along.

"What... what was that?" he asked, just as puzzled as he was angry about being told he might soon die. "I... I don't like this, love. Let's just keep going, okay...?"

GoblinFae

"No worries. Lead the way," Tiraris replied, motioning with her hand to the road ahead of them. 'Come what may, Caden. I will not let you die. She is wrong. I will not be your death. I do not need to see my mother. She has nothing of use for me.'

Looking over to her love, Tiraris could see how agitated Caden was. "Do not fret about it. That old crone did not know what she was talking about. She would have said the same thing to any other couple who passed by," she told him rubbing his arm reassuringly. "You did not get rattled by her, did you?

"Did the big scary kitty get frightened by the little old mouse?" Tiraris smiled brightly, teasing Caden to try and ease the tension that grew between them with every step they took. 'How did it come to this? Things seem to go so well for us and then, we end up at the beginning all over again. Will we always be this way? Maybe this is as good as it gets. Is there even another way to be?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]