Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sparkles in the Sand

Started by stelmarisa, February 05, 2012, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glimmeringpearl

The woman shrugged. She didn't understand Ewelani's culture but she wouldn't judge it, even if it contradicted her own. "No one knows why Illume did what she did. She is a deity and I am not." She said simply. Illume's lover was not faithful and was banished, to her this was simple. "If I had a mate who was constant and kind... I don't think I would like to share..."

stelmarisa

Ewe considered this for a moment. All her life, it had simply been a fact that people took several lovers, often at the same time, and changed between them at will, with no hard feelings on either side. But Glimmer's argument was reminding her of another person she had known, who had had difficulty with this concept of sharing lovers.

"It is the usual way things are done in Yoreiq," she said thoughtfully. "There aren't many people who have only one lover... so perhaps no one is constant, in the way that you mean." She frowned a little. "I think it has always been this way."

Glimmeringpearl

She didn't frown but returned with a smile. If that was how she wanted to live, that was completely up to her and she wouldn't judge her for it. "Thank you for giving me a catch to know you."

stelmarisa

Ewe smiled over at Glimmer. "And the same to you. I've never really thought too deeply about the conventions here... but hearing about your home is so interesting."

She held up a pearl that she had found, that had formed in a vibrant pink colour. "It's fascinating to learn that there are other ways of doing the things that I had always taken for granted."

Glimmeringpearl

"I agree," She said softly and continued to help with the pearls, quietly working beside her clumsily and dropping a few slippery pearls as she pried them from their shells.

stelmarisa

"Careful with those." Ewelani caught some of the pearls that Glimmer had dropped and set them aside, into a little 'bowl' she had made of sand. "They're slippery, and we'll never find them under the water."

She laughed and continued, stopping when she had a small pile of pearls, of all colours. She cast the remaining oysters back into the water carefully. "That way, we haven't wasted any, because they can continue living under the water," she explained.

Glimmeringpearl

The mermaid smiled widely at the gentle woman. She actually cared about the creatures down there. She could hug Ewe all over again. Glimmer then tossed the oysters back to the water carefully before turning her attention about to Ewelani with affectionate eyes, watching her intently.

stelmarisa

Ewelani was sorting through the pearls she had collected, as Glimmer released the oysters, and hadn't noticed the mermaid watching her.

"What colours do you want to use for your jewellery?" She looked up at last, having organised the beads into piles of similar colours. "Or do you want them all mixed in together? After you decide, I can put holes into the pearls for you - but I'll need to go home to fetch my tool."

Glimmeringpearl

"I like this color." She said, referring to the bleached color of white that sat pure and innocent, but few. It would be enough though. She beamed and Ewe and rested on her side. "I can wait for your return."