Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anything but Silence [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 09, 2012, 02:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Keir just rolled his eyes playfully, his new friend making it quite obvious that he was doing fine, if sounding a little delirious. Pushing himself up with a groan and rubbing at his lower back, he chuckled weakly and made eye contact with the barkeep again. Glancing down at the broken stool, he cleared his throat and stepped around Ainsley to pull out another one and hold out his hand in offer to help him up. "Come on, Handsome, let's not let a little stumble get to us, hm?"

Seeing their freshly-poured drinks set at the bar, he still felt the man's eyes on him and then heard a brief mumbling about how he was going to "add that to his tab". All he could think was that he was hoping it would be his companion that got stuck with it, if at all, but he hoped the bartender would still let them have their fun all the same. Taking up one of the mugs, he eagerly took those first few gulps as he tried to avoid any awkwardness after what had just happened and belly up to the bar and take a seat.

GoblinFae

The siren groaned at being made to get up and took his merry time dragging himself up. Once he had, Ainsley pouted at not being able to cling to Keir again so brought his own stool as close to the other man's as possible. Ploping down into the seat, he rested his chin on the bar and stared at his drink despondently.

"I don't want it anymore," he decided aloud, pushing it towards his new companion. "You can have it." With a long sigh the siren closed his eyes and buried his head in his arms. The euphoria of efore was killed by the arrival of pain from before. The fact that he was no longer attached to Keir did not help matters.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Glancing over at him from the edge of his mug, Keir raised an eyebrow at his companion over the sudden change in behavior. "You...don't want it?" he exclaimed in surprise before setting his own mug down and chuckling at the idea. "Do you really want me to drink that much? Or is something wrong with it?" he pushed.

Staring at the back of his head and then his hair, Keir hesitantly reached a hand out to brush the back of his down along it. "Or is something else wrong, Handsome?" he wondered, his tone dying to something softer, sadder.

GoblinFae

"Something wrong with it? Something wrong with it! You would dare accuse me of harming The Great Mister Snuggles? My word, who would've thunk it!" Pouting even more, the siren dropped his head heavily to the bar-top with a loud crack of skull on wood. A long, pitiful whine sounded from deep within his throat as he thought of the injustice of it all.

Ainsley froze though as he felt the soothing hand brush gently at his head while the other man's voice lowered into one of concern. Cracking an eye open he peeked one bright green eye out to view his new companion.

"I hurt," he moaned childishly and sniffling. "Why don't you just enjoy the drink. I can't stomach such joyous frivolities right now. I'm done for!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Hurt? But he had said he was fine! Unless he was just trying to save face. In front of all these people, I wouldn't blame him; it was quite loud.

"To your health, then," he answered with a smirk and gesture of his drink, gladly downing just about all that remained in the mug. Keir was sure he didn't see nor smell any sort of blood, but he wouldn't put it past the floor or stools to leave a bruising worthy of it on his behind.

Withdrawing his hand from his acquaintance's hair the kelpie curled it into a loose fist before turning to face forward once more. Setting his elbow atop the bar, and trying his best not to appear awkward for everything that had just happened, Keir looked across the room to the doors. He eyed them several times as he swept the room, taking in the rest of the day's early patrons. As much as he enjoyed drinks, especially free ones, he couldn't deny that his stomach was practically gnawing on itself amongst all its whispered growls.

"If the weather clears up tonight I think I'm going to go fishing," he declared quietly as he exchanged empty mug for full.

GoblinFae

Ainsley pouted further at having his health toasted. "As if that will do anything," he muttered pitifully. "I'm already toast."

The removal of Keir's hand from his hair had his hands quickly removing themselves from under his chin. Palms slapped onto the bartop, fingers splayed out as if to grip the table for dear life. The siren's eyes widened and he allowed his forehead for a brief moment to resoundingly thud against the counter. Ainsley wanted to claw at the kelpie and return the absent appendage to where he deemed its proper place.

From the corner of his verdant eyes he glared over at Keir as if to will him to return to his proper task. His poor behavior was nearly abolished though when the veiled mention of the sea reached his ears.

"Fishing? I like fishing. May I go fishing with you? I'm a good fishermen. Real good. I'll catch whatever you need Mister Snuggles. Mark my words, I'm the best fisher you ever saw." Slowly sitting up with a tiny grunt, the siren shifted his weight to lean against the wood counter and face the kelpie better. Pride made him puff out his chest and straighten some as the prospect of redeeming himself and getting more alone time with Keir registered in his mind. "Can I? Can I, can I, can I?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Fortunately for the both of them Keir never saw Ainsley's glaring display. Steadily nursing his drink already, it wasn't until the other man began insisting to fish with him that he really paused to evaluate the situation. "You fish?" he asked skeptically, screwing his face a bit in confusion. "But don't you have a problem with water?

"Besides, I only need a fish or two. For food. I'm not making a living off of it," he explained with a chuckle, thinking, perhaps, the other man thought he was fishing for more commercial purposes. "And anyway..., my methods aren't exactly conventional. I don't really fish, I just catch them. With my hands. Not really designed well for a group effort, but I wouldn't mind the company if you'd like to come along."

GoblinFae

The siren's eyes widened, his lips forming a small circle as he looked down and to the side. "I have my ways. Sir-some people have to eat too you know. I wasn't proposing a business deal here, just a meal! No need to be getting so ahead of yourself Mister Snuggles, unless," Ainsley smirked, "you would prefer to create such an enterprise together."

He shifted nervously, hoping to draw Keir's attention away from his "water problem," in order to keep himself seeming strong and interesting to the other male. "This is of course," he continued, "if it stops raining." Ainsley sighed, looking out towards the doorway of the pub with an expression of longing.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Indeed," he sighed. "The rain could spoil it, but it would also be very quiet out there. Still, would be no fun in slipping on the rocks or anything like that." The kelpie found it interesting to watch the other man's expressions and body language. Everything said he was missing something and it was right under the surface yet just beyond his grasp. Still, Keir was drawn to him and to the fact that he couldn't yet place what it was about him.

"An enterprise together I could see," he finally replied with a smirk. "But I lack the necessary skills. It's a nice thought, though." Leaning away from the bar a bit, Keir attempted to catch a few glances to his companion's back again. "Are you sure you're really alright, though? I didn't squash your back too badly?"

GoblinFae

"Yes but it can be quiet without the rain too," Ainsley protested, nodding his head with Keir's comments on navigating about the area. The siren chewed his lip in thought, trying to think of a way to word things. He wanted to keep the other man close, having greatly enjoyed his company thus far and desiring to continue to do so.

"It is a nice thought," he finally sighed, conceeding that it was probably not a very big possibility of happening. "Although I am sure that the great Mister Snuggles has other areas of expertise that would be beneficial to such businesses." He beamed up at the other man, happily. "There is more to it than just catching fish or running the actual business. Yep, yep. It sure does."

Ainsley quickly schooled his features into those of a pained but hiding it expression in order to invoke some sympathy. " No worries my good friend. I have had far worse squashings in my thusfar short lifetime. I will survive to be squashed another day, have no fear!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"What sort of things?" the kelpie wondered curiously, completely oblivious to what it did or did not take to undertake such a thing with someone. Keir immediately started to feel bad for prying, though. He hadn't been expecting that sort of answer.

Hanging his head a bit, he eyed him cautiously as he responded with genuine concern, "I hadn't meant it like that, I'm sorry that others have squashed you. Are you alright today, though? Nothing broken? Nothing sprained? Nothing torn?"

GoblinFae

Ainsley sniffled and shook his head sadly. "Oh, no worries, friend. I am not upset by it. Really, nothing to worry immensely over. Well there is one thing broken, but I promise you it will mend," he finally stated, choosing to milk his situation for all it was worth. Any chance for more sympathy and more specifically, attention was going to be taken.

"Actually there is one way you could help me out, that is of course you are willing to do so. I would understand I suppose if," he sniffled again, "if...if you didn't want to. I could just suffer along until I mend. It is doable of course."

The siren sighed rubbing his chest where his heart would be and murmuring under his breath about the time it would take to recover. "Quite doable, I suppose."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Immensely?" he asked, alarmed and eyes slowly widening. All it told him was that there was cause for concern, but he felt helpless in understanding what it was he could do for his new friend now. "What is broken?" he insisted quietly. "How may I help? What can I do?"

Holding a hand outstretched to the other man, Keir quickly flipped it over to rest upon his shoulder as he leaned in closer to his companion. "I promise I won't make fun of you, if that's the worry," he stressed, worried now that he might not share his burdens.

GoblinFae

The siren sighed and leaned into the touch, barely resisting the urge to nuzzle his cheek against the hand resting on his shoulder. "Well you see it's not really something I believe you would make fun of me for. I know you're not like that Mister Snuggles, you're too nice for something cruel like that. No, no, I'll suffer this pain and burden you no more," he replied, hand held up in protest and voice wavering with false bravado as the other continued rub his chest.

"Forgive me for disturbing you good friend. Drink up heartily. I'll just suffer here quietly, don't mind me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was taken aback by his seeming unwillingness to share with him even though he did not fear being laughed at. It was the strangest thing, he'd never had anyone refuse to speak to him like this. "I don't want you to suffer," he insisted hurriedly, face falling into helplessness. "You've been kind to me and I want to return the favor. I'll listen. I want to know what's got such a handsome fellow down. What's broken? Are you hurt?"

GoblinFae

"I suffer either way. 'Tis better this way. I wouldn't wa-did you say handsome?" Ainsley's head popped up fast enough to make his neck crack as he whipped it around to face the man beside him. His eyes were wide in earnest surprise and admiration, having already forgotten that was the name he gave Keir to call him.

"You...really care that much?" he whispered, reaching out a hand to move a strand of hair out of the other man's eyes. "You think that about me?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

A knowing snicker escaped his lips as he watched his companion's reaction and sudden change of pace. With a proud tilt to his chin he pulled the second mug closer and took a long drink from it. "Well, I said it, didn't I? Not the first time, either."

Keir shrugged. "If you like hearing compliments so much, though, perhaps you should be at a brothel instead of a bar, eh?" he chuckled.

GoblinFae

Ainsley completely ignored the mug being moved until his eyes became transfixed upon the other man's throat in its act of swallowing the amber liquid. "But..." he could not even continue his thought as the kissable lips returned into view, leaving the Siren with his mouth hanging open in awe.

He was shocked out of his stupor though at the mention of a brothel. Sputtering and wide-eyed he floundered about on the stool before finally finding his voice again. "A broth-EL?" he squeaked, clearing his throat, then starting again. "A brothel? How could you even think such an atrocious thing? Those places don't have any kind of liquor! I need the life-giving liquid and you would have me go to a BROTHEL FOR THAT!"

The Siren sighed and let his head fall into his hand, the other resting over his heart once more. "You make my chest hurt," he moaned, his words sounding almost like a sob. "Call me handsome and then banish me to a brothel, you are most cruel."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Taken aback by his dramatic rejection of the idea, Keir watched him with a twinkle of amusement dancing in his eyes. Letting the man finish, he continued nursing his drink, only moving to rest the mug once again to chuckle at the thought of being called cruel. "Not banishment, it was merely a suggestion, good man," he tried to explain offhandedly.

"How was I to know you would be so dependent upon liquor?" he teased, chuckling as he tapped his drink. "You give it up so easily to mope. Now would you please tell me how I can be of help?"

GoblinFae

"How could I drink when I have been wounded so grievously?" Ainsley lamented, his lips puckered in a mournful puppy-faced pout. "How can there be any fun or enjoyment when blood's just gushing out of the giant whole in my chest? I'm not a masochist! This-this-THIS ARG!"

The siren let his head fall on the counter with a heavy thud, as he allowed big fat tears to roll down his cheeks. "THE PAIN, oh the paaaaaaaaaaain!" He coughed and moaned as if in his death throes, pausing only long enough to peek an eye open and check to see if it was working. Maybe the other man would give him a kiss to make him feel better.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: