Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Water Wings [Goblin]

Started by Juno, May 31, 2012, 09:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

His horse squealed fussily as a rabbit darted between its legs. It startled him and he realized then he'd been drifting to sleep in his saddle.

Lifting his head to look up at the moon above as he patted the mare's neck, Idris wondered if he should start relegating these tedious and time-consuming trips to his brother. After all, if he expected to still live there he needed to start contributing more. He also pondered the idea of simply hiring someone to do it for him, but then he was reminded of the sad truth of his assets being mostly...the land. And he wasn't sure if he was quite ready to give up any of it either, but the thought of just selling most of it off and being free of the burden of it...was delicious and oh so enticing.

Leaving his mount in the stable Idris all but ran for the house. He kicked off his boots at the door and hurried down the hall to his room. Going in immediately he made a beeline for the wardrobe in the corner so he could undress and finally get out of his travel clothes. He didn't notice nor expect anything to be amiss, but if he'd so much as glanced about the room he would have noticed that there were things that didn't belong, including the stranger in his bed.

GoblinFae

The Selkie startled awake with a soft squeak as the strange man entered the room and began rummaging around in the tall structure filled with clothes. Her dark seal eyes watched him wide-eyed in the dark, seeing him as clearly as she would in the daylight.

While familiar, it was not Stephen, that much she knew. Who this man was, was unknown to her. One of them did not belong and she felt in this moment that it was him. Her Stephen had brought her here not him. This was her nest, he could go find another one.

Keeping as still and quiet as possible, Vanora kept a wary eye on the man as he went about whatever it was he was doing. If it was possible her eyes would have widened further as he began to disrobe, but not really understanding the need to feel shame, she continued to watch unabashed, prepared to cry out for help should she need it.

'Perhaps he will go away. He just needs his coat like I need mine. That's all it is,' she tried desperately to console herself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

His weary eyes never once lifted from his task until it was finished and he was changed into softer things for sleeping. Even though he was tired from his day, though, he plucked a small notebook from an inside pocket of his riding coat and held it in his teeth as he walked over to his bed and fumbled for a few moments to light a candle to read by. As soon as the dull light flooded his bedside, though, he yanked back the covers.

He was halfway to jumping right into the middle of his bed when he finally realized someone else had already beat him to it. Furiously blinking as he stared at this woman in disbelief, Idris's jaw slowly went slack and his book went tumbling to land with a gentle thud on the bed he hovered over.

In silence he wondered if she was a ghost..., but no she was probably an assassin, or a thief, or just some beggar woman that managed to wander into his home. "Who are you? What are you doing here? How did you get in?" he demanded, snatching up his book as if it alone could be some mighty weapon if she became violent.

GoblinFae

Vanora's eyes widened comically as she scooted as far away on the bed from the man as she could get. The warm covers were clutched tightly to her chest not out of a desire to hide her nakedness but as one to shield herself from any possible attack. She could not understand the words spoken but every line of the man's body spoke of tension. If that was not enough for her, his voice too sounded strained and loud.

The Selkie was frightened by him. She did not knew he was and the more she observed him the more she came to the conclusion that she was not expected to be there. 'Maybe he's a thief,' she thought nervously, knowing of those things for they existed as much under the sea as above it. 'He doesn't belong here. I need to get help. My Stephen needs to know.'

Eyes darting about nervously, she took a deep breath before crying out as loudly as she could. At first it sounded more like the barking cry of a seal until gaining, a handle on her fear she began to scream out the only common word she knew, "Stephen!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Idris stumbled back from the bed, startled by the unusual sound of this woman's cries. He furrowed his brow in irritation. If anything, he should be the one getting upset! As her scream changed, however, he picked up on his older brother's name instantly. "Stephen?! You know Stephen?!" he wondered, purely puzzled by this mystery woman. Turning to the door, Idris set down the book just as he heard footsteps thundering down the hall.

Stephen burst into the bedroom and stared at Vanora curled up in bed and screaming. Startled to see his brother there, he paled and stood frozen for a moment before rushing to her side and wrapping his arms around her. "I'm sorry, Vanora! Don't be afraid! I'm sorry, I made a huge mistake, I thought he wouldn't be home!" he pleaded apologetically, both to her and to his brother standing staring at them.

"What's the meaning of this!?" Idris demanded.
"Nothing! I just thought you wouldn't be home so... I found her on the beach, she needed a place to stay for the night! And I wanted her to have her own room!" he whined.
"You could have told me! Left me a note, something! Geez! I just come in here and there's a woman in my bed!" he complained, rubbing at his face in irritation.
"Just! Quit shouting!" Stephen pleaded, rubbing at Vanora's back. "Sleep somewhere else, we can sort this out in the morning, please?" And then he was ignoring his brother, focusing on Vanora. "Are you alright? I'm sorry he frightened you, we weren't expecting him home yet. He'll go away now. Don't worry!"

Idris frowned, disappointed that he was being forced out of his own room in his own home. He stared at the woman as Stephen attempted to comfort her, unsure what kind of situation there really was or how long she'd been staying without his permission, unless his brother was telling the truth. He didn't even think it was his fault that he'd frightened her. He had been just as scared! Finding a stranger in his bed was not something he'd ever anticipated. "Don't you think I'm owed an apology from him, too?" he asked her, a pout on his lips and his voice considerably calmed as he sat upon the edge of the bed, refusing to leave yet.

GoblinFae

With wide green eyes, Vanora's gaze bounced from man to man in rapid movements as she tried to follow the conversation that her ears could not understand. Her Stephen seemed to be handling the situation though as he barked angrily towards the other male, forcing him to back down just like the boys always did back home in the face of a full-grown male.

Comforting arms reached to soothe her and the Selkie woman allowed herself to melt into the gentle caresses as they calmed her frazzled nerves. Her screaming had stopped soon with the arrival of her stranger's commanding presence. Vanora's head rested against his shoulder, her hands relaxing their fierce grip on the blankets while she kept her perceptive gaze on the newest stranger.

She squeaked in surprise and fright when he came to sit on the bed and look to her while talking. Hurriedly, she scuttled backwards on the bed, pressing flat against the headboard of the bed and attempting to crawl behind Stephen.

"Stephen!" she squeaked out again uncertainly. While the other male certainly looked a bit like an ignored pup that did not mean she trusted him yet. She had seen many a sea creature become over-confident in the face of a wounded prey and suffer fatal wounds for it. Vanora was not going to allow herself to be swept away by this creature's charm and she would have told him as much if she only had the words to express herself. Instead she glared from over Stephen's shoulder with a look of contempt and discomfort. It simply was not fair that her sleep was disturbed by this nuisance of a man, not fair at all.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"It's okay! It's okay, I promise," he pleaded, hugging her once more and having no idea how she glared at his younger brother. Idris raised a brow, wondering why she wouldn't answer him.
"Is that all she knows?" he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Your name?"
"No! She's said... Well..." Stephen couldn't exactly describe what Vanora had said to him. All he knew of her was her name and the fact that she didn't seem to speak a word of Common. "Well, she's told me her name. It's Vanora."
"Vanora, hm? That's all she's told you? She hasn't said anything else the whole day? That's highly suspicious, Stephen, are you sure she isn't a thief?" he admonished.
"Yes! I mean, she isn't!" he floundered, giving Vanora an apologetic look. "She just seemed so...lost. It's hard to explain.
"Well, you'll have to in the morning, but I'm sleeping here tonight," he replied firmly. Stephen paled and gritted his teeth.
"She must sleep here, I've told her she could, Idris!" he complained.

It was then that Idris looked Vanora in the eye, staring back at her with curious, if tired, eyes. "Then you offer her your own bed instead of I'll put a pillow between us if she's so stubborn. I'm not being kicked out of my room when I just returned home from such a lengthy trip.

Stephen sighed and put Vanora at arm's length, putting himself between her and his brother. "Do you want to stay? Or would you like to move to my room? He's being selfish," he tried to explain, unsure what she might understand of it.
"Don't lie to her!" Idris growled tiredly. Stephen rolled his eyes.
"Okay, I'm being selfish in wanting to give you your own room for the night, as a lady. But what would you like to do? I can try to make him leave..."

GoblinFae

Vanora continued to glare from over Stephen's shoulder even has he held her close and comfortingly. While she could not understand the stranger's words she recognized the tone of hatred and felt a similar rising of disgust within her own breast. His condescending tone was universal in any language and the Selkie woman had have a mind to give him a stern talking to for that alone.

Instead of responding though to the obvious statements about her person, she sneered moments before crossing her arms over her chest and letting her gaze turn to the wall and away from the men. How dare this stranger talk to her so and distress her Stephen on top of it!

Her indifferent attitude could not last though. Vanora was not that kind of girl and the moment the newcomer sitting at the bottom of the bed growled out angrily she was flinching and pressing close against Stephen's chest again. Her arms clung tightly to his shirt as her face buried into his shoulder.

"Stephen," she started softly in a shaky voice, "le do thoil a dhéanamh dó dul ar shiúl." Her words were tinged with her weariness and homesickness. It had been a long day and with the coming of night and new challenges, Vanora found she missed her home and her skin more than anything right now. For the moment the excitement of meetings humans and interacting with them had worn off. All she wanted to do was go home.

"Déan dó dul ar shiúl."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

At a loss of what to say to her alien words, Stephen smiled sadly and selfishly tried to assure her, "You'll be alright, Vanora. He's usually quite friendly, I promise that nothing will happen to you, alright? He won't hurt you, he won't even put his hands on you. You have my word."

Idris rolled his eyes and shook his head, knowing full well his elder brother was going to stick him with this woman or force him to be the bad guy by forcing her out because he was unwilling to give up anything for her comfort in this situation. "Yes, yes, not a hand on the lady," he sighed, stubbornly crawling up the bed. "Now get out, Stephen, I need rest." Yanking down his side of the covers, he was grumbling already at the realization that she was practically in the center of the bed. He made do with what he had, though, and pulled down a pillow to stuff between them so they wouldn't even come close to touching. "There," he announced, turning to lie on his back and try to relax his aching body.

Satisfied, Stephen hugged Vanora once more and placed a quick, unthinking kiss to her forehead before he pulled away and stepped down to the floor. "Don't worry. I'll see you in the morning," he promised her, turning and heading out though he didn't even notice the neatly folded and placed items of clothing by the door.

"Just don't be angry at me," Idris said with a sigh once his brother was gone. "This is my bed, but my brother is far too selfish to truly share with a guest of this house. So I'll be the better man."

GoblinFae

The Selkie squeaked and curled up tighter as the stranger joined her on the bed. Accusing green eyes glared out from behind chocolate waves of curls. How dare this man come in here and steal her nest. It had been given to her, she should be able to keep it then.

She clung tightly to her Stephen, wishing that the other man who looked him would just go away. It simply was not fair. Vanora did not want to be left alone with this stranger and she wished that they understood her tell them so. But it was no use.

Stephen left even as she gave a pitiful whimper of his name, forsaking her to company of this other human. With a deep breath she steeled herself into looking him over only to find he had stuffed one of the soft pillows in between them. Tilting her head curiously to observe it, Vanora made the conclusion that she had been doing it all wrong to begin with. Tentatively, she reached out and dragged her own pillow to sit next to his between them.

A nod of her head showcased her pride in remedying the situation. If only it meant this one would leave too. Perhaps talking to him would help though. It certainly had when she had first talked to Stephen. He had been kind enough to take her in and now this man too it seemed. Maybe that was why he had left them both alone. He trusted them together. That had to mean she had to too. At the very least she needed to try.

Vanora nervously poked the stranger in the shoulder while watching him with frightened doe-eyes. Hair was brushed behind an ear and teeth chewed her bottom lip. "Vanora," she quietly intoned, pointing at her heart while hoping he would understand. "Vanora."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Stephen felt only a twinge of guilt for leaving her "alone" for the night. He didn't think his brother would harm her, but he didn't want to force her into vulnerability either. And, surely, their mother would have both of their heads for "arranging it" or how she would call it at least. Once the door was shut behind him he walked on, back to the comfort and silence of his own, solitary bedroom.

Idris, however, was fitful despite his exhaustion from his trip. He fell silent and just stared at the ceiling as she moved about and adjusted something out of his view between them. Shifting as close to the edge of the bed as possible, he gradually allowed his eyes to rest. It was only a moment, though, before he felt her presence there and he flinched instinctively for her poking. Jumping only slightly, though, his eyes shot open and he lifted his head to stare at her there in the darkness.

Watching what movement he could see, Idris leaned to sit up slightly, propping himself up by his elbow and ready to leave if she demanded it of him, as he expected she might do. Instead, though, she was saying a word. More specifically, it was the name Stephen claimed was her own. Seeing how she pointed at herself, he tiredly lifted a hand to point at her as well, though he had no idea how her eyesight was in such darkness. "So you are Vanora?" he said.

For a moment he just stared, wondering if she really knew anything else in Common, though he didn't doubt she knew the language he'd heard her speak as it seemed nothing like anything he had ever heard before. "Vanora," he repeated, the word coming slowly and heavily from his lips. Slowly, as to not alarm her, he twisted his lazy, limp wrist on himself to touch at his breast. "Idris," he told her. "My name is Idris. Would you like me...Idris, to leave, Vanora?"

GoblinFae

She nodded her head at hearing her name, repeating it softly to confirm that she was indeed Vanora. Stephen had not been making that fact up. "Idris?" was her repeated question as she pointed at him in turn. The name sounded funny on her tongue and so she repeated it a few more times, trying to make it sound right.

"Idris Vanora?" came her confused repetition. Unable to understand the rest of the phrase and only recognizing the two names, Vanora just shrugged her shoulders. She feared committing to something that she did not understand or in turn insulting the man currently sharing her nest.

A tired sigh escaped her without her care as her thin bare shoulders slumped in defeat. "Codlah?" her soft question was voiced as she brought her hands up in a prayer fashion to rest against her cheek in a symbol of resting one's head to rest.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Just Idris," he insisted, unsure how to take her joining of their names. Her odd language was just as foreign to him as it had been initially, unfortunately. At first he just shrugged, frustrated and unsure how he was supposed to communicate with her as she seemed to understand names well enough.

Once he saw how she was holding her hands, though, he gave a light snort and chuckle of understanding as he recognized it as something his mother had used when he was a child. "Sleep," he said after a moment, nodding. "You're tired. Well, so am I." Lying back down and getting comfortable, Idris pulled the covers over his chest and closed his eyes.

"Goodnight, Vanora."

GoblinFae

More and more Vanora wished that she understood this foreign tongue that the humans all seemed to converse in. If she only knew what they wanted from her, if she could only ask them where her coat was, all would be so much better. With the coat, the Selkie could once more return the loving embrace of the sea which she called home.

Caught ashore without her coat she was left feeling more naked than physically. She did not understand what was happening around her and could do nothing but helplessly watch on as the so-named Idris laid down on his back.

Slowly, she slid down in the bed, resting her head upon her arm as a pillow to watch him from on her side. Breathing softly and slowly, Vanora waited, not knowing what to expect, if anything. It had not even registered to her that the blankets had fallen to her waist and left her exposed from the waist up until she began to shiver with gooseflesh.

Bundling the blankets up close, she tried to curl up against the wall of pillows between them to seek warmth. Her top arm and leg both came to curl around the wall as if she were embracing another body for warmth. 'My skin. My skin. If only I had it, I would not be so cold. I just want to go home. It's so cold and frightening here. Why did I ever leave? I am such a fool!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Thoroughly exhausted from his day and travels and unaware of the way he was being watched, the young man slept peacefully through the night. By the time he awoke he'd forgotten that the woman was in the room with him and sleepily rolled onto his side to face her.

Tousled hair splayed across his pillow as his lips moved silently in half-dreams. Unintelligible whispered words eventually began to emerge, but they were silenced again just as quickly when he began opening his eyes. Something felt different about the bed, but he wasn't quite remembering Vanora yet as he pushed through the haze of morning.

"Mmm," he groaned, slowly turning onto his stomach and then pushing his face against the bed to hide from the sun assaulting him from the window.

GoblinFae

Feeling the shifting about coming from the other end of the bed, Vanora mewled softly and snuggled further around her pillow wall. In the night it had been flattened a great deal beneath her so that now she laid mostly on top of it rather than beside it. The morning sun warmed her bare back where the covers had slipped down in the night.

She stretched and yawned softly before nuzzling into the pillows for more sleep. Her hand though came to rest splayed out against Idris' smooth back. In her drowsy state, she thought nothing of it, believing it was just one of her family whose nest was close to her own on the warm beach.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Her small hand went unnoticed at first, the warmth no different to him than the angled slit of sunlight that was assaulting his room. The young woman beside him forgotten, Idris curled in on himself as he reached out blindly to find and bring the covers back over himself again. The initial cold of them caused him to shiver, but he was holding out for the added warmth to come.

Soon enough, though, he realized that there was something resting against him. Drowsily turning his head, he peeked out over his shoulder through the tiniest of slits for the offending sun. Letting his eyes focus, he finally saw the curved, naked back of the woman who'd refused to leave the previous night. The hint at her nakedness immediately brought a blush to his cheeks as he opened his eyes more. He couldn't deny that she seemed unusually comfortable for a stranger. It made him wonder if something had happened in the night. No, you're definitely clothed...

Gulping, he cautiously turned towards her and reached out to pull the covers back over her body, lest she awaken and call him out for something he didn't do. Plucking her wrist up carefully, he tries to place it closer to her so that he could slide out of bed without disturbing her. It was a strange feeling for him, to wake up next to someone, and he truly wasn't sure what to do or how to handle himself with this disruption in his routine. Could he simply go about his normal business with her there? Well of course he should. It was his room after all. His domain. His turf and belongings. She was simply an uninvited guest that had been forced upon him. It wouldn't be his responsibility to ensure anything beyond her safety within his house. It was the least he could do for someone unfortunate enough to have been -or at least he suspected- dragged there by his idiotic brother.

GoblinFae

Vanora sighed, a soft smile flitting across her peaceful face as she burrowed into the covers that had unknowingly been pulled up around her. She did whine slightly in her sleep to have her hand moved but it was soon clutching tightly to the pillow wall and she was restfully sleeping again in no time.

Quiet murmurs escaped her lips as she sleep-talked in the language of her people, lost in the dreamworld where she was still with her family and her precious coat was close at hand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Satisfied that he hadn't woken her up by getting out of bed, Idris turned away despite the odd murmurings coming from her. Going about his business, he got himself cleaned up and dressed for the day, one he hoped would pass smoothly and would begin with returning the unfortunate young woman to whatever home he was convinced his brother had coaxed her from. Settling himself at the small desk beside the bed to finally crack open the journal he'd wanted to read the night before so that he could catch up on work while he waited for her to awaken.

In his eyes, he didn't need to do anything for her. Simply ensuring a compassionate level of comfort and sending her on her way was all he intended to provide no matter what his elder brother might have to say about it. She had a home, he was sure, probably somewhere within his own lands, but he really did not want to provide anything beyond safety if she was in trouble and he wasn't even sure of that because she'd yet to speak an understandable word to him beyond her name.

GoblinFae

When she did at last awaken, it was slowly and quietly. For several moments Vanora blinked lazily about, not recognizing her surroundings. It was not until she sat up and noticed the man quietly working with his back to her that she remembered the events of last night.

'It was not a dream after all then.' Her hand reached out longingly to the space beside her where her coat should have been. 'My beautiful coat, how will I ever get it back?' The Selkie felt heartbroken as her griefs of the previous day came back to weigh heavily upon her.

Vanora slunk out of the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible so as to not disturb the busy male. Yet as she sat on the end of the bed she quickly found herself becoming bored and hunger. Wondering what had him so entranced, the woman decided to take a look herself. It never occurred to her as she quietly made her way up behind him that she was being completely inappropriate and rude as she peeked over his shoulder, a strand of her dark hair sliding over his cheek.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]