Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yoreiq at last [Zozee9]

Started by Zane, July 25, 2012, 10:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

"Alright." Uriel nodded his thanks to the woman. He walked into the small hut and sat on the ground, his back leaning on the wall. "It's too bad that we have to stay here, I would have liked to get up in the air and get a look around, but I guess that can wait till later. How does it feel to be back home Kayala?"

zozee9

Sitting directly next to Uriel so that their shoulders weren't touching, but were close, Kayala sighed.

"It feels... different. I'm not really back home. Even though it's my homeland, it's not my home village. I mean, I've never met these people before. I expected it to be this way, but... I just feel a lot more like a stranger than I thought I would." Realizing that she was getting too sentimental for her liking, Kayala added, "How does it feel to be surrounded by topless women?"

Kayala laughed, but gave a slightly serious look towards Uriel. She was kind of curious.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel gave a nervous chuckle, "It's most definitely not something I'm used to, I'm finding it rather difficult to keep my eyes up." Then he looked at Kayala all serious, "Your shirt says on, at least until I'm used to it." With that he took his hood off and relaxed his wings, causing them to extend slightly.

zozee9

After briefly laughing at his embarrassment, Kayala put on a fake pout. Leaning towards him with wide innocent-looking eyes, she asked, "You sure?"

Of course, Kayala was just teasing Uriel... though she probably would've taken off her shirt if he hadn't said anything. It was habit. And, seeing as she was in a village in which being shirtless was normal, the fact that she was still wearing her shirt—even though it didn't cover some of her stomach—didn't help her feel any more at home. But Kayala decided she didn't care enough to actually push the issue.

But not pushing didn't mean not teasing. So Kayala stayed leaning in towards Uriel, with a pout, successfully suppressing her urge to laugh more.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel Clearly was not enjoying himself like she was, at his expense. "Who do you do this to me? I suppose if you simply must expose yourself to the world go right ahead, there is nothing I can do to stop you." He was coy in his words, it was a weak attempt to get back at her.

zozee9

With a sigh, Kayala backed away and replied, "You're no fun."

After a momentary pause, Kayala figured she should say something else. She thought for a second as to what to say, but quickly gave up and instead started tracing the tattoo marks on her right arm with her left pointer finger. It was a little quirk she had developed after she got the tattoos. Kayala usually did it when she was nervous, bored, or thinking of her past. In this situation, she was doing all three.

Zane

Uriel sighed, "Oh so you think that was fun for me?" He shook his head and leaned back, deciding to rest his head on the wall. After a moment he picked his head off the wall and looked over to Kayala, "so tell me more of what I can expect here for the next few months."

zozee9

Her memories disrupted, Kayala looked blankly at Uriel for a few seconds as her scattered thoughts came back together. Then, shaking her head to help clear her thoughts, Kayala responded, "I guess that depends on you. I mean, I don't know what you're trying to get out of this. Do you want to travel throughout villages? Or stay here? Or what?"

Zane

Uriel looked down, unsure. He hadn't thought about that. After a moment he picked his head back up and looked at Kayala, "Well I would like to stay wherever you are as much as possible, after all I did promise to take you wherever you wanted to go once this was all over."

zozee9

Nodding, Kayala replied, "That makes sense. But... you really should learn how to communicate with the people here. I don't always want to be the translater. And if we ever get separated, you need to know how to fend for yourself. In villages."

Kayala knew that Uriel would be perfectly fine if he was trapped in the wilderness. But if he wanted to learn more about his wings, he would have to actually communicate.

Zane

Uriel nodded, he figured that he would have to learn how to communicate here, "I haven't the foggiest idea how to learn a new language, I woke up knowing common. Could you teach me though?"

((OOC: Sorry for the short posts as of late...it's been a long time since I played with Uriel...give me a little bit I'm sure post lengths will pick up))

zozee9

Staring at Uriel, Kayala responded, "You've never learned even a little bit of another language? I just... I thought you would've since you're a wanderer. I can try to teach you, though. Would you like to start now or later?"

Kayala figured that Uriel might want some time to get his bearings, but she also didn't want to wait too long. Plus, it seemed like they still had a fair amount of time to spend in the hut, and she wasn't in the mood to go searching through her stuff.

((OOC: Haha I'm not even giving you much to work with. It's been a long time since I've played with any of the characters, and Kayala wasn't even one of the characters I got really into. Our story is interesting, but the character herself isn't one of my favs.))

Zane

Uriel bobbed his head a little, "Sure, we can start now, it's better than wasting our time while waiting." He got up and went to sit in front of Kayala. Once he was settled, he slowly started extending and pulling his wings back in. The constant motion always helped him think in the past.

zozee9

Kayala, though she had never taught anyone a language before, did her best to inform Uriel of the basics. She taught him words such as "what" and "traveller" and "food" as well as phrases like "I don't know" and "I can't understand". Although she wasn't really sure if he actually would remember anything, Kayala was just hoping Uriel would catch on quickly.

After about forty-five minutes of this, a stranger came into the hut. It was a little girl—maybe ten or eleven?—who hadn't been tattooed yet. The girl had shoulder-length jet black hair that matched her wings. Raven wings, Kayala decided.

The girl stood there for a second, first staring at Kayala's tattoos but then quickly switching her area of focus to Uriel's wings. The girl walked to them before saying, "Come!" in commoner's tongue. With her accent, it sounded more like "Ka-um!" She quickly turned away, ran back towards the door, and waited.

Zane

Uriel was catching on quickly, it was almost like he new the language but had forgotten it entirely. He finally felt like he was getting somewhere when the young girl came in and interrupted them. It annoyed him for all of three seconds until his stomach growled and he realized that a break would be welcome. He got to his feet and walk out of the hut, pulling in his wings all the way.

zozee9

Grabbing her bag, Kayala followed Uriel outside of the hut. But the second she stepped out, she saw what must've been almost the entire village surrounding them.

Kayala decided that the people had good intentions after quickly analyzing their faces. She assumed that they were just curious about the strangers... her village did the same thing whenever new people visited. As an older man stepped forward, Kayala decided he must be the village chief. With a quick bow, Kayala introduced herself and Uriel.

Zane

The elder man Returned their bows and stated, "We welcome you to village, we here have not seen white man with wings before, so unless you make problems, you are welcome to stay." His common was very broken but Uriel gathered what he meant. Uriel bowed deeply, "thank you."

zozee9

Following the old man to the village center, Kayala started talking to Uriel.

"The entire village will eat together today. This isn't always the case, but since we're visiters, it will be today. Smile, be polite, and laugh. Even if you don't understand them. Many of them will probably try to speak commoner's tongue, but not all. And some accents will be pretty thick." Kayala knew that as good as she was at speaking commoner's tongue, her accent still was traceable. "I'll try to translate what I can, but I make no promises. People will be talking to both of us. Especially the kids. They'll love us even more than most the villagers."

Zane

Uriel nodded at what Kayala was saying, he figured this would be a learning experience. He had never really dealt much with crowds in past, he stuck to small rural villages but even then there were never many people about at one time. Glancing off to the side he say the young girl with the raven wings standing next to a taller woman with equally black wings. Uriel guessed it was her mother, She was looking intently at him for he could only guess what reason, Uriel smiled at her and she gave a small wave.

zozee9

Kayala sat down at the table in the village center and motioned for Uriel to sit next to her. She knew the villagers would give them food, so she didn't worry about that. Noticing that the young girl that had first called them to dinner sat directly across from her and Uriel, Kayala internally laughed. Seemed like Uriel had managed to get himself a little follower.

As more people began to sit down, Kayala turned towards Uriel and whispered, "Good luck. They're going to be asking a lot of questions and you're probably going to have to tell your nondescript past multiple times. Have fun!"

Although Kayala didn't know what happened to Uriel, she had enough intuition to tell that he didn't like to talk about his past.