Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yoreiq at last [Zozee9]

Started by Zane, July 25, 2012, 10:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

The dinner went well for the most part, various fruits and fish, it wasn't half bad. He told his story probably twenty times, each time leaving out the crucifix. He wasn't ready to tell about that yet, to anyone. After everyone was finished eating they moved onto a bonfire to celebrate the arrival of new guests. That was when someone asked if Uriel could fly.

Uriel kindly walked away from everyone else then turned, and extended his wings to their full length, a solid eighteen feet. He took a leap then took flight, only to be joined by many others, though they could not match his speed or aerodynamics.

After several minutes in the air he returned to the ground and went to sit by the fire, unsure of where Kayala was. Somehow he managed to get the little girl with the raven wings sitting in his lap. he had his wings outstretched so they would cool off and many people were coming up and feeling them, many commenting on their strength. All throughout the night Uriel was picking up the native language, now he could talk a very broken Yoreiqi.

zozee9

Show off, thought Kayala as she watched Uriel take to the air. But even she was still mesmerized by his pure white wings. He was still in the air when Kayala felt a tug at her shoulder. Turning around, she recognized the old man from before. He put his finger at his lips before motioning for her to follow him into what must have been his house.

Kayala stole one last glance at Uriel, but figured he would be okay by himself. So she followed the man. After entering the hut, Kayala gasped. Yoreiqis all live equally. That was just what their society declared. Because without any job, the whole village would suffer. So why would some people be treated better than others? It always made sense to Kayala. Even when she went to the mainland, she still was confused by why people chose to have rulers.

But the chief's hut did not seem equal. He had weavings on the walls and an animal skin rug on the ground. There were decorations and jewels that were often given to people in Yoreiq by travelers. But those things were always put in the town house so everybody could view their beauty. Upon entering the hut, Kayala already knew there was something wrong with how this society was run.

Kayala also knew that the old man would not have brought her here so she could how greedy he seemed to be. In fact, she doubted the man even knew she was from Yoreiq—she had mentioned it before, but not to the entire village. So he must've brought her into his house to talk business.

Sitting down across the table where he had situated himself, Kayala looked at his face and waited for him to start talking.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel Pulled his wings in, mainly because he was tired of people rubbing them like they could grant good luck. He looked down at the young girl on his lap, she had fallen asleep leaning against his chest. Someone came up from behind him and sat down next to him. A quick glance told him that it was the girls mother, their wings being a likeness.

"Her name is Akela, I believe she was taking a liking to you stranger." The woman's common was impeccable.

"Yes I believe you are right. How did you learn to speak common so well?" That was something that piqued his immediately, very few people here spoke Common here.

"Her Father. He was a tradesman who came in on the tides and thanks to a storm his ship was stranded here, he took up residence here. It wasn't long before I got pregnant, I didn't tell him when his ship was repaired and he left, promising to return. He hasn't since." Uriel looked down at the young girl sleeping in his lap, she looked to be about eleven or twelve. "You know you remind me a lot of him, in the way you carry yourself, Akela is a lot like him too. perhaps that is why she has bonded with you." Uriel rubbed the young girl's back between her wings, then looked around for a moment, Where was Kayala?

zozee9

After spending ten minutes in the hut, conversing with the chief, Kayala finally exited. It wasn't a calm exit from the hut. It was more like a "stomping out and breathing heavily in exasperation" kind of exit. Trying to calm herself so the villagers wouldn't notice anything strange, Kayala took deep breaths. She attempted to put on a smile, but couldn't keep it. With a large sigh, she started looking around for Uriel.

It was dark. The fire lit up the area directly around it, but, other than that, it was hard to see anything. Kayala skimmed over the people with her eyes, but couldn't find Uriel.

Where is he? Kayala wondered. How can it be this hard to find a man with white wings amongst dark sky? She had to talk to him right away. Although it wasn't a matter of life or death, Kayala knew that what she had learned may affect whether she and Uriel would stay in the village. So, with another sigh, Kayala walked towards the fire pit to look for Uriel in a more thorough manner.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel was still looking around when ha say Kayala walk up from the huts, and boy did she look upset. He used his arm that wasn't being used to half support the young Yoreiqi to wave Kayala over to him, When she sat down next to them it was all the more obvious that she was upset, "What's wrong Kayala?"

zozee9

When she saw Uriel waving to her, Kayala let out a deep breath. Then she saw the little girl alongside him. Apparently this conversation would have to wait. Not that it would've been smart to have it in the middle of the village, anyway. So with restraint, Kayala sat down and said nothing of importance.

Kayala replied, "Nothing. Just... reminiscing about when I was a child." That wasn't completely false. Then, because she assumed Uriel wouldn't buy the story, Kayala put a finger by her lips and glanced at the little raven winged girl.

Zane

Uriel understood immediately, whatever it was couldn't be talked about here. He turned to Akela's mother, "I think my and my companion are going to turn in for the night, if you want I can take your daughter to you hut."

The Yoreiqi woman looked at him and giggled, "Go ahead and take her with you, you are staying in out hut." Uriel nodded at her and stood up, holding onto the young girl so she wouldn't fall.

zozee9

Kayala looked at Uriel for a second with worry on her face. Then, realizing that the villagers could see her, quickly put on a fake smile. She didn't want any of them thinking that something was wrong. But she also knew she wouldn't be able to keep up a calm look for much longer—it took all her will to stay strong during her conversation with the elder.

So Kayala merely said, "I'll meet you at our hut. I'm assuming you remember how to get there?" It wasn't too far away. And since Uriel was a traveller, he probably had good memory of how to get places. But Kayala still wanted to double check, so she waited for his reply.

Zane

Uriel looked at Kayala for a moment, "I will just go with you, I've been feeling rather tired lately, now is as good a time as ever to turn in." With that he followed Kayala back to the hut once inside he settled back down against the wall, having set the young girl on one of the mats inside. "Okay tell me, what's wrong?"

zozee9

Kayala was still feeling unsettled. She didn't like that someone else was in the same room with them—even if it was just a little girl. Glancing at the girl, Kayala replied, "Can we go on a walk?" Then, leaning in towards Uriel and whispering into his ear, she added, "I don't care if the little girl is asleep. This is a private conversation." Kayala backed away and said, in a normal voice, "I want to show you how to navigate the woods around here." Kayala wanted to come up with an excuse just in case someone was listening in.