Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Song of Battle

Started by Dreamwolf, November 12, 2012, 07:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwolf

Two years previous

Location unknown/Forgotten.

The sound of swords clanging together mingled with the screams of the wounded and the dieing, but it the only ting on the Warrior Smith's mind was the opponent in front of him. The soldier that held one of his own creations.

"I'll let you live, Smith, if you leave now." The bargain stung with insult. Both men knew there was only one way this would end, and that was with death. "It was fine to meet you the first time Smith, if only we'd decided head to different battle lines."

The two smashed together, their swords clanging like bells, the steel singing its own song. The two were locked in combat for only a few moments, and at the end Ragnr found himself with a sword passing through his right lung, and the soldier a sword in his heart. The Victor was thus decided.

"Fen, We need to move to the third battle front, the guy in the shiny armor said so." Luna, a Forest Spirit Fen had picked up while passing through Serendipity, came bouncing over, throwing one man several yard with a single arm. "Fen, can I have a shiny when this is done?"

"When this is over you can buy a bunch of shinies." Ragnr began moving towards the third battle front, which had been hit harder than the others despite a natural river barrier. By the end of the day the smith had suffered through several horrible wounds but kept fighting, his body healing at a rate that made some men flee the battle screaming of demons. This would ultimately be the deciding factor in the battle, as the opponent was unwilling to fight with a monster.

"Fen this is a lot of shinies. What do you call these shinies?" Luna looked at Ragnr, her face scrunched as she tried to figure out the use of these shinies that everyone was getting.

"That's five gold suns and three silver's, thougb don't ask me which silvers, I never could tell the difference. You should be able to buy some really nice shinies with that." Fen ttok the Wolf Girl's hand dragging he back to his cart. "Let's leave before they ask us to fight again. I'll make you  shiny for helping me with that giant of a man."