Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down [Goblin]

Started by Juno, December 27, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Akakios flashed an indulgent smile, amused but not surprised by her apparent disbelief of the sincerity of his claim. He was taken aback by her eagerness for more information, though. The vampire blinked quickly, not quite able to grasp why a lady of her position would be so interested in such a business.

He watched as drinks were distributed, silently taking the glass offered to him but simply holding it in his hand instead of drinking any of it. Swirling the liquid gently in the glass he looked to his companion thoughtfully, curious if he was privy to the High Lady's curiosity, but Lucas's eyes simply smiled at him over the rim of his own glass.

"I'm surprised a lady of such...qualities would be interested to hear such a thing," he admitted on the tail of her advisor's comment, smiling warmly as he lifted his eyes to meet her own. "Without being overly crass... It's a bit like handling delicate livestock. But they are so intelligent." The vampire chuckled privately, quite unable to help himself.

"I mostly deal in humans. Occasionally something more rare will come into my possession but," -he shrugged dismissively- "it is the same as any other business, no? Make profit off of what your customers desire to own. So that is all I do. Give them what they want, simple as that."

Akakios sighed softly in quiet contentment, finally lifting the glass to take a small sip of the drink he'd been playing with.

GoblinFae

The noblewoman's eyes crinkled at the corners with silent laughter. "I have found in my experience that it pays well to have a bit of an understanding of the businesses and happenings not only within your own province but outside of it as well. You never know what opportunities or follies for that matter might await you should you fail to look beyond your own front door." Amleah smiled in an almost self-depreciating way while taking a sip of her wine. "Perhaps it's rather unconventional of a High Lady to take an interest in such things but I must admit I never did much enjoy the conventional."

"And what if the customer's wants," Ro'or cut in, "exceeds your capabilities?" The look he gave Akakios was one of challenge but his question only caused Amleah to roll her eyes and huff in disgust. Instead she smiled to Lucas sweetly while slightly raising her glass to him in a quiet toast.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Lucas smiled softly as he watched them (but mostly her.) He was surprised to hear such simple words of wisdom from someone who seemed so young. He wouldn't dare ask her age in mixed company but it did leave him quite curious if she was truly so young or aged beyond her appearance.

After raising his glass to mirror her gesture the younger noble tore his eyes from the High Lady long enough to do the same towards his friend, wanting to encourage him to behave normally and not turn his nose up at their offered drinks if he did not wish to reveal himself fully to these people.

Akakios scowled but nodded in acknowledgement of the gesture, raising his hand to tip his glass slightly before finally raising it to his lips to take a few delicate sips. He was amused by Ro'or's question, though, chuckling lightly after he'd swallowed. "I've never encountered such a thing," he answered simply, confidently. "If I don't have what they want I can acquire it. Nothing is beyond my grasp."

The vampire smiled hungrily, eyes flashing briefly in amusement as he glanced between the unknown twins, lingering on Amleah before Lucas noticed him and shot him a warning look. He wasn't sure what that was for, but he thought perhaps he'd been a bit too rude for his tastes. Perhaps it was his desire to be social, but Akakios still never understood why good friendly relations were so important to the fae. Business ones he surely understood but he didn't quite see their conversation as something related to business even though it happened to be the current topic of choice.

GoblinFae

"How fortunate for your clients then," Ro'or returned. "Do you have many such exotic requests then? I'd imagine given the laws in this country that there would not be many businessmen who could provide such services. You must do quite well for yourselves too, gentlemen," he added nodding at Lucas as well in hopes of drawing him into conversation as well.

His sister on the other hand gave him a pointed glare, already sensing where the conversation was headed. For now she would hold her tongue but she did not relish the idea of her twin grilling the two men for his own pleasure. She sipped her wine in silence, draining the glass before asking for a second in spite of Ro'or's warning look of approval.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Lucas allowed his eyes to wander to the dark-haired man, smiling politely and nodding his head in acknowledgement. "Quite," he answered politely, seeing no reason to feign ignorance concerning their success among such company.

"Here and there," Akakios answered casually, shrugging slightly. "I must admit most do not have the imagination nor capital to make such requests, but they do happen." He looked to Lucas with a lazy smile. "And we are prepared when they come." The vampire didn't see the line of questioning as particularly invasive, at least so far, so he was still quite relaxed despite how he noted the lady of the room downing her drink faster than any of the men. He wasn't quite sure what that signaled, but he made a mental note to keep an eye on her for it.

GoblinFae

Ro'or was not to be deterred however, not even by his own twin sister. "And how exactly if I may ask do you acquire such specimens? I can't imagine that you are able to come by them easily," he said almost as if his words were a challenging accusation. Unhappy with such implications, Amleah immediately squawked out her brother's name, nearly spilling her drink in the process as she spun to face him. She knew what he had meant and would not stand to have her guests accused of illegal activities so soon after meeting them.

"Enough," she demanded firmly yet in a quiet voice, her forefinger pointing at him warningly before she quickly turned to the two gentlemen, "don't answer that. You'll only encourage him." Without waiting to see their reactions though the High Lady turned back to her twin furiously. "These gentlemen are here to be social," she all but hissed, "not to undergo an interrogation by you, dearest." She smiled with a clenched jaw that was obviously forced but she refused to back down until he did.

With a roll of his eyes Ro'or simply shook his head. "As my lady commands. But you've had quite enough of that for one night," he added, trying to relinquish her hold upon her goblet. She could only glare in disapproval as a servant collected it from her at her brother's command and she was left empty-handed. The dark twin ignored her pout to settle deeper within his seat. "And what would you have talk of Amleah? Ribbons and lace?"

She smiled broadly then, having regained her composure. "No, I think you're the only one here who would take an interest in such things," Amleah replied spitefully while smoothing out her skirts. "Oops!" she feigned embarrassment, "was I not supposed to mention that?"

"That was cruel sister, dear," his words rang within her mind.
"You took my drink away," came her expected reply.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Both Akakios and Lucas were well-versed in traversing such dangerous territory. Ro'or had not even asked such a thing as directly as he could have. There were many things about their business that happened to be more or less "illegal" but their good name kept them on the up and up. The pair looked at each other silently, confirming with the other through eye contact alone how it would be handled. That came to an abrupt halt, however, at Amleah's sudden rage.

Lucas eyed her with concern, uncertain if the sudden fire from the High Lady was because of her drinks that evening or true passion about them not speaking of the subject anymore.

Akakios, however, struggled to hide his grin to finally see Ro'or get what he thought he deserved from her. He wasn't sure if he thought his relationship with the High Lady would protect him enough to ask such questions, but it was rare to encounter someone who both thought so much on their business and dared to voice their true questions about it. Briefly, the vampire wondered if the man was interested for personal reasons in their "exotics" as he called them. It wouldn't be a first for them.

Lucas winced, blinking violently against the scene before him. Things had changed so quickly between them that he truly wondered if the High Lady was frequently a problem when she was drinking. The fae was tense, but the vampire didn't even hide his cheerful laughter at the insults she slung.

Knowing he was probably risking being thrown out of the province altogether, Akakios stared at Ro'or once he'd quieted down, trying to catch his eye. "Lord Dvorak," he drawled, beckoning at him with a hook of his finger to try drawing his attention his way. "I'm sorry your lady is so disturbed by such topics. I must admit it is generally not one meant for delicate ears. I should have known and I do apologize for upsetting her so.

"That being said, I would be happy to discuss your interests privately if you wish. If there is something on your mind you do not wish to discuss with your lady present," -he shot Amleah a sympathetic, understanding look- "I would be happy to play audience to that. We might be able to come to an arrangement, hm?"

He let the offer remain in the air, shrugging casually and sipping at his wine fussily. Truthfully he thought he already had the dark-haired twin figured out. It would not be the first time a customer had approach their true desires aggressively.

GoblinFae

Ro'or waves his hand dismissively. "Nonsense! We can discuss these things now. This setting is private enough. Amleah is just a flighty thing. Always overly worried about causing offence. See dearest," he all but condescended to his sister, "Lord Reolaras is perfectly fine. There was no need for your hysterical outburst." He chuckled and shook his head at Akakios as if to say 'women, right?'

Adjacent to him, the High Lady tensed before deflating slightly. For a brief moment she looked rather wounded at her brother's words before her mask flickered back into place. She instead resigned herself to be still and silent on the couch, expecting the three gentlemen to conduct their business talks as if she was nothing more than a living statue. Without her drink though she already found herself growing bored with nothing to pass her time.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios met Ro'or's eyes with a brief smile but out of respect for her and her position he did look to Amleah as well. There his smile fell away and he bowed his head to her enough to acknowledge her complaints even though he fully intended to disobey them. "Quite fine," he finally agreed, rolling his shoulders slightly and sitting back to relax in his chair.

"So you wish to know how we acquire them," he mused, tapping his fingers along the arm of the chair. "It's usually quite a lengthy, expensive process but that just comes with the territory, hm? We hire out for...expeditions to foreign lands. They'll purchase what we need and ensure a safe journey back to our motherland. That's where Mister Renwick comes in." Akakios smiled briefly at Lucas, pointing lazily even with his glass still in his hand. "I handle our clients and he takes care of transport."

Lucas acknowledged Akakios briefly whenever he noticed him but his attention kept flickering to the High Lady beside him. He wasn't sure of Ro'or relationship with her either but it seemed far too much to him for even a dearly beloved person in her life to order her drink away. It was disrespectful to undermine her choice, no matter what it was.

He tapped at his own glass, feeling a little out of place with it suddenly but not wanting to disrespect her by offering her anything he'd already put his lips to. "I'll be just a moment," he finally excused himself, setting his own glass at a nearby table before standing to talk privately with a different servant since the one that had taken her glass was long gone.

They seemed hesitant to obey him, glancing first to Ro'or almost as if they'd been ordered to obey him and somehow the request from a neighbor was too much, but finally the young man nodded and stepped out. A few moments later he returned with a fresh glass of a much lighter wine and Lucas took it from him eagerly with a smile and a few quick words of praise and thanks.

Returning to his seat he picked up his original glass as well, holding one in each hand. He studied them, brow furrowing in contemplation before he sighed and turned to Amleah for help. "Oh dear," he whispered to her in a self-deprecating tone. "You know I really wanted to try this," -he raised the new glass to her in gesture- "but I just don't think I have the stomach for it tonight. Would you mind?"

Lucas moved his hand closer to her, adjusting his hold on the glass so it would be easy for her to take if she wanted it but also easy to withdraw and set aside if she did not and rejected it.

GoblinFae

Amleah met Akakios's nod with a gaze of immovable, cold stone. She was far from enthused by his blatant act of defiance. That he would choose to follow the lead of the advisor rather than the High Lady who outranked all in the room including himself was rather off-putting. Knowing Ro'or's intentions though meant she was meant to bite her tongue and keep from making a mountain out of a molehill as her twin would call it.

"A rather profitable business then," Ro'or remarked. "What pray tell happens then on the off-chance that there is a sudden drought in your stock or even that your client has changed their mind after you have already acquired the product?" He took amusement at how easily the nobleman had followed him into opening up further despite his sister's obvious wishes to stay the conversation.

The only woman in the run glanced up at Lucas as he excused himself, nodding her head slightly in acknowledgement even as she struggled not to appear bored listening to all the business talk. Amleah knew her brother was searching for possible allies and enemies to the province and that right now he was having his fun but she aoat found herself longing for the boorish, gossiping women to distract her from the conversation. Part of her was concerned about finding out something unsavoury about the gentlemen as she had taken a bit of a liking to them and would be rather disappointed to learn they were able to be implicated of some crime.

When Lucas returned and spoke she looked at him first in surprise and then her warm smile returned to gently grace her features. Amleah looked from man to goblet and to man again in a curious manner. She certainly guessed at his true intentions and found herself honestly blushing at his display of discreet kindness. "How sad and unfortunate," she voiced quietly with concern. She hesitated in accepting the glass as she looked to him instead to allow him another chance to retract his offer. "Are you sure? I would not wish you to push yourself if you're feeling unwell Mister Renwick though I have heard the Zinfandel is quite a gentle wine. Perhaps though in the future we can meet again when your stomach is in better spirits and you can share some then?" She offered genuinely. 

,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios was surprised by Ro’or’s question, not really thinking it of any importance to someone who was neither involved in their business or purchasing from them. It seemed odd for him to care about the stock of their “products.”

He didn’t show any outward emotion on the matter, though, simply smiling in an understanding manner as if Ro’or had been very bright to wonder about that very thing. “Given the nature of what we provide our clients most are reasonable enough to understand that these things can take time. Those who are not so patient will either pay from their pockets for the inconvenience or do very little business with us again.”

The vampire paused briefly, eyes flickering to watch as Lucas left Amleah’s side, curious about what he was doing exactly but not enough to disrupt the conversation.

“It’s a relationship,” he finally simplified with a knowing smile. “Not a business or tradesman a client can just visit and make their demands to. If I’ve learned anything in this business it’s that involving people in anything takes time. Some of what we provide...you’d be hard-pressed to find it anywhere else. I find that’s usually what makes our clients remember their good manners,” he said with a goodnatured chuckle.

"If after all of that they are unhappy or don't want what they've asked for we have no problem with brokering a resale. I operate in absolutes, though. Payment for our contracts is fairly ironclad and doesn't depend on the client's happiness. Only the good health of their desired slaves upon delivery," Akakios explained. "They understand what they are signing up for, but it isn't unusual for some lonely gentlemen to think we offer complementary matchmaking services." He laughed genuinely at that, shaking his head in memory. It certainly wasn't something he ever wished to dabble in.

Lucas smiled at her words of concern but remained firm in his gesture so that she might not decline his offer out of politeness alone. He hoped she would only do so if she sincerely did not want to partake. “On the contrary I feel quite well, thank you,” he promised with a wink, not wanting her to think he was truly offering out of any feeling of sudden sickness.

Her own offer surprised him, though, his bright eyes widening slightly before calming to something much warmer. “I would be honored, Your Ladyship,” he murmured with a polite bow of his head. “At your earliest convenience.”

GoblinFae

"I take it then you don't sell on the common auction block then. If I'm understanding correctly you'd define yourselves more as exclusive and private tradesmen? You must have a tale or two to tell then of the rather demanding nature of rich clients," Ro'or chuckled softly. "Some nobles can be so finnicky after all. Love matches," he scoffed shaking his head. "I do not envy you such a task. Keeping up with this one can be trying enough one's patience without adding in other clients." He jerked his head towards his sister who ignored him to continue conversing with Lucas.

Amleah turned to face Lucas fully so that her back was to her brother and her shoulder to Akakios. She smiled impishly at his gesture before gently accepting the proffered drink at last. "To your continued good health then, Mister Renwick," she toasted him, gently clinked her cup against his. "And I will look forward then to our next meeting with great anticipation."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Precisely," Akakios agreed with a knowing smile and quick wink as he looked between the unknown twins. "I've found through the years our business is much more effective and efficient through private agreements."

Setting his glass down at the nearby table hardly having had half his wine he leaned toward Ro'or, elbows on his knees in feigned interest. "Forgive me, but you seem quite interested in all this, much more than I'd usually expect from a, well, uninterested party," he pointed out with a small smile. "May I ask if you have any history with my line of work?"

Lucas happily met her toast, a genuine smile there as he studied her and tuned out the other conversation in the room. Akakios normally handled interest in their work. He could scarcely call it his own considering he was fairly hands-off, plus he was much more interested in closer company.

"As will I, Your Ladyship," he murmured softly, dipping his head out of respect for her station. "Or is there another name you would prefer to be called by?"

GoblinFae

Ro'or eyed the man and his apparent interest coolly. He was not so easily convinced that Akakios was any more interested in the prospect of Ro'or's business than Ro'or himself was interested in conducting business with Akakios. They were alike in that respect, both were men of subterfuge who were testing the waters out around each other to see who would snap and who would flee.

"Perhaps," the dark twin responded evasively. "I may have in another life dabbled here and there with such trades. But," he added, turning slightly to glance at his sister, "a woman can change a man. Or at least she can try." Ro'or smirked and chuckled darkly while partaking more of his glass.

Amleah heard her brother, her brow furrowing slightly but otherwise ignoring the rather pointed jab that she personally knew was more for show than truth between them. Instead she did her best to focus on the kindly gentleman before her that seemed as interested in conversing with her as she was with him.

She smiled almost chidingly at him while giggling lightheartedly. She was too gracious to embarrass or insult him for his rather brash question but nor was she about to give in so quickly to such informality with someone she had only met a few hours prior. "It's a pity you're unable to try this wine tonight Mister Renwick," she stated emphasizing his name in hopes he would understand her answer to his question. "Perhaps when we are able to get better acquainted at our next meeting we might garner the opportunity to discuss it more."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios's eyes turned on the only woman in the room, studying the way she was turned away and speaking with his friend. They seemed to be getting along quite well but it did make him think his prospects of getting her alone again anytime soon were slim, especially knowing her station. He smiled knowingly as he turned his attention back to Ro'or.

"Time never changes some things," he agreed wistfully then shrugged. "But that is a pity. There's more than enough coin to be made, but... Not everything good comes from gold."

Still more or less tuning out the other conversation in the room Lucas smiled in understanding for her continued formality. Bowing his head slightly for his brief disrespect of her station he let the moment pass. "Of course," he answered with a sincere smile. "I'll be looking forward to it."

GoblinFae

"I always found the connections that one garners in such trades to be far more valuable than any sack of coin. You never know when they might be of some use to you," Ro'or commented pointedly. "After all when all the money runs out or the market dries of interest then there is always people out there able to rise above it. The more you know, the more likely you are to have the means to protect yourself. Wouldn't you agree Reolaras?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He could only smile privately at the thought that his market would ever run dry. It hadn't ever before and he doubted such a trade ever would, but he did agree with the odd man's sentiment of being prepared and protected. "Of course," he agreed easily enough, a smile reaching his eyes as he studied the dark-haired man.

"I must admit I'm curious what you find so useful about knowing those in my profession, but I suppose a gentleman can have his secrets." Akakios chuckled, eyes flickering to the lady of the room again and finding himself still quite peeved by the comfortableness he sensed in Lucas.

He cleared his throat to try and get his attention, pleased when the Fae's eyes immediately met his own for the sound. "You have been so generous to allow Mister Renwick and I to take up so much of your time this evening. I would never wish to take advantage of such an invitation. Might be best if we took our leave now," he suggested, surprised by the reluctance he saw in Lucas's features.

The younger man was careful not to make his true interests so obvious to the vampire but he couldn't help the few quick glances of apology he shot Amleah's way. His fingers twitched with longing to be far removed from proper behavior and etiquette. He dearly wished to be bold enough to take her hand or offer a quick kiss to her cheek before they parted ways, but he felt it far too dangerous with both Akakios and her seemingly stern adviser in the room.

Lucas showed only a flickering moment of weakness, though, his expression quickly changing to a distant smile. "If it would not offend Her Ladyship," he agreed, bowing his head to Amleah with respect.

GoblinFae

Ro'or simply smirked, keeping all the answers to himself while giving nothing away. As far as he was concerned, the other man was still an undecided factor and therefore could not be trusted with anything more than he possibly had already obtained from their little exchange. It did not escape him either the way that Akakios's eyes drifted once more to his sister which only served to widen his smirk.

Amleah on the other hand was rather disappointed and even a bit displeased at the interruption as evidenced by the flickering flash of tension across her face and the stiffness in her shoulders and smile. Lucas was not the only one who was reluctant. A quick glance to her twin though revealed that it was indeed time to draw the evening to an end.

"It was no trouble at all," she informed them, finally allowing her eyes to meet Akakios's evenly. "Will you be staying long in Tirial? I would be delighted if an opportunity arose where we could meet again." Amleah smiled shyly, the warmth of it reaching even her eyes. "You and Mister Renwick are excellent conversationalists after all. It would be foolish of me to let you both leave without even a semblance of hope over a return."

"Now, now Amleah, you know there are a great many affairs these gentlemen most certainly must attend to. It would not do for you to distract them from their duties all for the sake of your own silly whims and fancies. Come, come my dear let them be on their way. They've entertained and humored you long enough," Ro'or cut in, once more continuing their charade of a troubled relationship.

Amleah for her part looked as if she had swallowed something rather sour and was in the process of biting her tongue to keep from lashing out. Her smile was tight as if prepared to spring open in her defense at the very next insult sent her way. "Humor me?" she asked, slowly turning her head to look at him, "or humor you?

"I did desire to speak more cordially with Lord Reolaras but it seems you've engaged him in conversation to the point of boredom as he now wishes to leave and I have yet to truly converse with him as I had intended. My conversations with him earlier this evening alone were far more fascinating than anything you've managed to say in the last decade or so. In fact as far as I'm concerned you can be dismissed for the evening." She turned her head back to her guests, offering them both a slightly apologetic smile.

Ro'or looked at her with disbelief as he rose to his feet in haste. "Amleah, you-!"

"Good night," she interrupted sharply without so much as even looking in his direction, "brother."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios was rather amused by the bickering between the siblings. Quite a few statements that day made much more sense to him after Amleah’s confirmation of such wonderful news.

It was hard to hide his genuine grin of pleasure but even more difficult to hide the hunger in his eyes as they fixated upon the High Lady, studying her in a predatory fashion. “On the contrary, I did not wish for us to keep you for too long upon our first day of meeting,” the vampire offered, taking a small step closer to the light-haired woman.

“Besides, I was summoned here to attend your...festivities. And Mister Renwick as well. This was a trip of pleasure, not business. We’re in no rush.” Akakios chuckled softly under his breath, hungry eyes flickering to the man he now understood to be her brother. It put him quite at ease to know there was no true obstacle in his way, no complicated relationships to untangle.

“I must confess I never really tire of speaking of it, Lord Dvorak. I only noticed your sibling did not seem as interested in it as yourself. It only seemed polite to cease it, hm?”

Lucas had relaxed considerably to hear she was not truly in a relationship with the man he now understood to be her brother. He had had his doubts, of course. No proper lady of her rank would give him so much of her time and attention if she were truly taken.

While he knew it was in his nature, though, it bothered the Fae more than he was comfortable mentioning to see his oldest friend's obvious-to-him signs.

Offering a warm smile of politeness he waved off his friend’s blunt words and tried to lighten the mood. He didn't like seeing the vampire stare so hungrily at Amleah, but it was hardly his place to stop him from pursuing her if she would not attempt to herself.

“We will probably remain for another day or two. I can't think of any pressing matters to attend to, unless of course I haven't yet heard of them.” Lucas eyed his friend pointedly at that, hoping he had not left him to look a fool before them as he was quite desperate to not be telling any lies.

I can't think of anything.” The vampire laughed heartily at the look the younger man was giving him.

GoblinFae

Amleah smiled and nodded her head at their responses even as her brother continued to hover tensely over her. She opened her mouth to respond when Ro'or placed his hand on her shoulder to try and get her attention again. Without looking at him she brushed his hand away. "Go," she commanded quietly yet pointedly. The noblewoman waited, listening to see if he would obey and only when the door closed with his departure did she breathe an audible sigh of relief.

"My apologies gentlemen, he's not always like this." She giggled softly in jest, "only mostly." Her face lit up with her laughter as she attempted to motion for Akakios to sit again. "I would relish your continued you company though if you both could spare the time. I do not often get to converse so freely these days. I understand completely though if you must retire for the evening. I'm sure your travels were exhausting to have come so far for such a small affair as tonight."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]