Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bad Decisions [Goblin] [M]

Started by Juno, December 29, 2012, 03:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He'd almost made it, his hand was even resting upon the door that stood between him and freedom from this strange, strange man. As he was pulled to a stop so abruptly, though, he all but fell against the door. Righting himself quickly but refusing to turn and face him once it sunk in how firm of a grasp he had on him, Julian lifted his chin in defiance once again.

"I'm not a mouse!" he protested, forcing himself to take a breath through his teeth as he gripped the door's handle stubbornly. "And I'm not your mouse either. I am a grown man, dammit! I have a name, too! There's no need for such a...ridiculous thing," he muttered, once again refusing to offer up his name.

Setting it in his mind what he was going to do, the blond man pulled the door open like it was nothing and attempted to march on, determined to not let him keep him there. "I thought we were sharing," he pointed out, still refusing to look at him. "I'll give you your shirt back later," he added noncommittally.

GoblinFae

A deep growl rumbled from the taller man's chest in response as he raced after his pet. Playtime was over. Once more this man had reminded Artorius why he was mad with him in the first place. Between the drink-spilling and his mouth, the gambler had had quite enough. Now he was going to show the little mouse who was boss.

He grabbed the other man roughly by the scruff his neck and yanked him back into the room before shoving him back against the wall next to the door. "I don't want it back later mouse. It belongs to me and therefore it remains in my sight, whether that means you do as well or you run off naked is up to you. Now, I promised you a drink and a bath. Both of which I have generously provided you, anything else is extra. Thus far I have asked for no payment save your cooperation. Are you really going to tread on my goodwill now, friend?"

Artorius gnashed his teeth angrily before dragging the man still by his neck over to the bed and tossing him there. "If you wanted food then you should have asked instead of assuming. I was willing to share some things with you but I don't even know you so why should I share anything else with a man whose name I don't even know? And that's another thing, if you don't want to be called mouse then give me another fucking name to call you or just suck it up and deal with it, boy! There are a lot worse you could be called, you ungrateful, demanding little shit!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Yelping sharply in surprise at being pulled so forcefully, Julian just stared at him with a mixture of awe and annoyance as he laid down the facts of their short, strange time together. Until then he hadn't seen it as goodwill or generosity, really. He thought he was owed all of the little luxuries he was greedily demanding, but he was having a difficult time connecting his wants with greed. Even as he was thrown upon the bed he could not see what he had done wrong, what had even driven the stranger to lash out at him now.

Curling himself up and sitting on his heels, he waited patiently as the man ranted on. His eyes widened at his choice of words, as he didn't understand why he had merited them, but he only flinched at the verbal assault slung at him. "...I thought I'd given you my name," he pondered aloud, gently grasping his chin in thought as he stared at the bed. "Did I really not? I thought you were just being cruel," he shrugged, seemingly unfazed by being tossed around, though he chose to bottle up his emotions on it for now. He meant it as an apology, though he had no idea how it might come across to the other man. One thing he couldn't stand was being scolded, and he was going to try to shrug off as much as he could even though it stung to be called out.

"I'm grateful..." He realized he didn't know his name. "I just...misunderstood. I thought you were just trying to embarrass me," he tried to explain, a blush rising to his cheeks as he at last lowered his head in submission. "You can just call me Julian. Julian Adair is my full name, though, if you prefer that instead," he finally offered, eyes fixed upon his own knees in case the admission wasn't welcome any longer.

GoblinFae

"If I was trying to embarrass you I would have let you run out there stark-naked the moment you were out of the bath." He began ticking off on his fingers all the things he had been generous about. "You were provided a bath, a fire for warm water, a free drink, the only clothes I had I shared with you, my space is being shared with you, and yet you still demanded more and even expected it."

He breathed heavily through his nostrils, trying to regain his calm. There was no use starting up another argument when the other man had finally apologized. A deep sigh relaxed his face into his usually crooked smile. "So the little mouse has a name. A pleasure to meet you Julian Adair. I hope that we can start off on a better standing now that you understand your place here right now."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He couldn't deny that he had good points. Reflecting on his behavior was...embarrassing. He knew he had been selfish now and how he must have looked to the other man. The mentioning of "mouse" again, though, jarred him back to attention in the conversation.

Blinking a few times as he lifted his head, he was surprised to see him actually smiling. His lip twitched as he wondered what, exactly, his place was to him. "My place?" he asked, trying to remain calm even though the words, at the surface, bothered him and left him feeling unsettled and vulnerable. "What exactly is my place here?" he wondered, unsure once the words were out if he actually wanted to know his opinion or not.

GoblinFae

While he was pleased to see the other finally cooperating, Artorius found himself at a bit of a loss. He was not sure how he would explain Julian's "place" here in his room. He certainly did not want to spook his new pet. No, he much preferred the slow fall into the trap that had been happening earlier.

This particular moment called for suave and care. He knew just what to do. Widening his smile, Artorius allowed a playful chuckle to pass his lips. "Your place, friend? Well isn't that obvious? You are here as a guest of sorts. That is to say, as much of a guest as you can be to a man you've never met and spilled your drinks all over. If you know what I mean."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The response he got was far from the calming, simple thing he'd hoped for. Furrowing his brow, he pondered the possible meaning of it all, still oblivious to the other's plans, though he was getting ever closer. "Guest of sorts," he repeated slowly, the words for himself and not his company.

With a half shrug and a puppy-like shake of his head, Julian sighed and looked up at the man again. "I don't know what you mean," he admitted. "Am I only partially a guest? Am I...not welcome?" The thought made him uncomfortable, if that actually was the truth. He didn't understand why he would be here at all if the other man didn't want him to be there, in his room. Julian just hadn't figured out the why yet.

GoblinFae

"You are welcome Julian. I'm just being honest that I'm being hospitable to you. I'm not going to bite," he winked teasingly, "much. But, I mean we're not best buddies. I'm not going to massage your feet or serve you breakfast in bed."

Artorius laughed, shaking his head at the idea. "You're pretty much on your own for those kinds of things, Julian. Now relax and quit your fussing. If you want food then just ask. I'm sure the lady could be brought back for you. She seemed to find you cute enough. Not that I can blame her," he muttered the last part, watching Julian from the corner of his eye as he walked back over to the tray of food.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was puzzled by his examples. "I've never had either of those things before," he said, a bit offended that he would suggest he would even ask. "And those are...really personal things anyway, I would imagine. I'm not rude like that. I would never ask someone I don't even know for anything like that." It was mostly for himself though, to have it out there that he'd said it at least.

His comment about the woman drew his attention to the door again as he pondered whether or not he wanted to go through the trouble, causing him to miss his other comment. "Could I...maybe just have one bite of your food?" he asked, slowly kneeling to turn himself around to face him, or at least his back, and scoot himself closer to the head of the bed. "I don't want to bother someone with getting me a whole meal. I'm not all that hungry...and I have no more money on me either so I can't pay for one anyway," he admitted.

GoblinFae

Artorius looked over to Julian amused. "Oh so now you want a bite of my food? Only a bite though? You're sure you don't want more, perhaps one and a half bites?" he jested, chuckling to himself. "Seriously though how can you be only hungry for a bite? I've never known a man to be only a bite hungry."

He shook his head and plopped down on the bed next to Julian before pulling the tray into his lap. "I'll make a deal with you," he finally bargained while offering Julian his mug of alcohol. "You tell me why you have no money and I'll let you have a bite. How does that sound?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The teasing for his odd request had the shifter flushing as he settled down to sit once again. Though the other man questioned his choice of words and level of hunger, he wasn't about to admit wanting more food and risk being called a liar. "I don't know," he shrugged. "That's just how I eat sometimes."

He was surprised when he actually proposed an offer to him, though, that would secure him this bite of food he was asking for. Taking the mug and staring at him with a dazed look as he thought on the question, Julian nodded. "Fair enough." He took a few sips from his mug before lowering it to hold atop his thigh. "For almost a year now I've been living on my own. I hunted my own food, got my own water, and I really didn't see many other people. If I did, it was in passing. I spent the money I had leftover on some supplies and clothes." He furrowed his brow as he glanced about the room one more time, his memory refusing to tell him still where he'd left them last even though they were long gone.

"Now all of that is gone," he sighed, shrugging as he looked to the other man before taking a long drink from his mug. "And I'm afraid of returning to my frie-amily like this. I feel like a shell of who I once was. I just...feel like I might not belong there anymore. Have you ever felt like that?" he asked him, looking up into those striking eyes again that seemed to so easily distract him.

GoblinFae

"Strange man," he chuckled to himself, shaking his head in disbelief. Artorius plopped down beside Julian on the bed, pulling the tray of food into his lap as he did so. He kept his eyes focused on the food as he listened intently to the other man while seeming to not really care. He was interested in any tidbits of information he could learn to be used later.

The gambler found it to be ridiculous and borderline pathetic to have to live on scraps the way Julian was describing. He had been a soldier before and remembered well the nights spent hunting his own meals as well as the relief that came from taking leave in a nearby town to enjoy a home-cooked meal.

The talk of being a shell of one's former self though disturbed him greatly. It was more than he was willing to admit but the notion had hit home. Artorius knew exactly what it was like to run from the life he knew in order to never set eyes upon the people that had once known that man that had been him. The face they saw on him was still the same face of the man they knew. But the person within was not the same. The man he was before was long dead, this new Artorius was all that remained and he could not live with himself if he had to face all his former friends and family to allow them to see the lie that lay within his unholy eyes.

"Nope!" came a cheery response as he speared some food enthusiastically onto his fork and pressed it tenderly against Julian's lips, refusing to give up the fork. "Your one bite, as promised."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Julian nodded with a sad smile, believing him easily enough about some something so dark. The food pressed to his lips so quickly, though, came a surprise. Slowly, he parted his lips to take in the food being fed to him, the action a fairly foreign thing for him. Chewing slowly, he shrugged.

"Thank you, that was good," he said, eyeing the food that still remained. "Did you have any other questions?"

GoblinFae

Amused that the other had not struggled and secretly pleased, Artorius returned to eating his own food. His lips curled roguishly though at Julian's question and he gazed at the other man from the corner of his eye. "Why?" he asked swallowing his food before turning his head to face his pet.

"Feeling hungry for more bites?" he questioned with a definitive click of his teeth and a dark smirk.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Julian's eyes widened as he watched the man's smile grow. Feeling small suddenly, he offered his own sheepish grin to not feel so out of place. The thought of more food, though, had him curious. It certainly would be a comfort to have more food in his belly. At least, it would be one less thing to worry about once he was gone.

The click of teeth had him jumping a bit, but he tried to smooth it over by stretching and cracking his back a bit while he was at it. "Well... I think you were right. I'm not hungry for just one bite... At least, I can't stop at just one, I don't think," he offered, trying to be playful in case he would be upset by it.

GoblinFae

"I knew it!" he crowed placing his fork down with glee. "I knew there was no such thing as being hungry for only one bite. You tried to pull the wool over my eyes but I was not fooled. For shame Julian, friend! Is that how you treat everyone that is kind to you? Or am I just the unlucky gentleman?"

He shook his head while smiling. "What are you going to do if you have to stop at one bite? What if there is not enough food? Or I run out of questions?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

His eyes widened at the man's sudden excitement. Chuckling nervously, Julian nodded. "I'm sorry," he apologized honestly, unsure if he was actually mad or not. "I won't complain, though, if you would rather not give me any more." Julian was quickly changing his tune, worried about angering him again. "I am content with what you've given me and I would leave happily with just a bite in my belly," he insisted.

"If you run out of questions...then I won't be a bother to you any longer. Just tell me and I'll be out of your hair. Without your shirt this time, of course."

GoblinFae

Artorius' attention was completely held by the concept of Julian walking out naked after giving up his borrowed shirt. He blinked owlishly before letting his features settle back into his predatory, smug expression.

"You would truly just walk off in naught but your skin? Brave man, Julian. There is no need for that though. You can stay. I do not mind in the least," he practically purred, spearing another bite of food. "A bite for your answer," he promised, holding the fork once more in front of the other man's lips.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Whenever I leave, yes," he said, though he was comforted that the man was not so angry with him as he had seemed earlier. Surprised to actually be offered food again, he flashed a genuine smile his way before carefully taking it. Chewing slowly to savor the taste, he hummed his pleasure.

"Thank you," he said genuinely. "Could you maybe spare one more bite for me? If you have a question, of course."

GoblinFae

"Mmm," Artorius hummed, distracted by his companion's slow acting of chewing. "Would be amendable to changing things up a bit? Perhaps instead of asking questions, I could ask for innocent favors? That is of course if innocent is what you're after," he teased winking an icy blue eye while taking a bite for himself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]