Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trading [open]

Started by Qeth, December 29, 2012, 08:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qeth

--Lakirio, 19, Yoreiqi--

Beautiful and bustling, that's what the port was like today. She loved it like this, being surrounded by people. Though, she didn't trust the outsiders, she still enjoyed seeing all the different cultures. Their armor, clothing, and their accents piqued her curiosity. Not to mention the goods they brought to sell or trade. It made her eyes grow to the size of saucers.

But she was on a mission today. She knew there was someone who was bound to want her furs and leathers. She had a large bundle slung across her back, leathers and furs of the highest quality. All cured and worked by her own hands. She was quite proud of the quality of them, but thus far she hadn't been able to sell any. This was her second time into the market area to see if she could get rid of them this time around.

The first stall she stopped at kind of waved her off, not even wanting to take a look, saying something about her poor job. She huffed and moved on. He was a typical ignorant outsider, not even caring to look and see what beautiful hides they were. What was the name she had heard someone use for people like that? Bah, she couldn't remember and no point in dwelling on it.

She laughed quietly to herself and stopped at another stall. This older man who looked elvish traded for a few of the smaller furs. Praising her on her ability to keep the fur intact but give it a clean look. She thanked him and pocketed the goods she had taken. A roll of nice strong rawhide string that would go great on a new bow and some cloth that had a pretty design that she was sure she could incorporate into her armor she had been working on for years.

Another stall and she traded some of the larger furs for a pack of quality needles, some foreign food that smelled wonderful, and some various threads and cloths. She only had a few items in her bundle to trade now, mostly leather pieces that she didn't need and couldn't seem to get rid of.

She sighed then began to move towards her hut, stopping as she looked to the side, hearing a scuffle. She craned her neck to look and saw a small fight breaking out. Soon though the villagers would step in and break it up. It was apparent it was a couple of outsiders fighting about something.

She wasn't looking as she was walking and bumped right into someone, almost knocking them down but they seemed to steady themselves. Her hand reached out all the same though, gripping their shoulder and grinning at them.

"My apologies," she said in her native tongue.

wolfie

Findra was watching from above on another sign. She loved watching from heights knowing it had great vantage points on how to cause trouble. Watching those below her she wasn't seeing much fun for herself. It came though shortly as a stranger walked under her.

She sighed and put down her new fishing rod pulling the hat off his head depositing it on the man standing not far away. It seemed dumb but both didn't seem like they could walk without falling down at least once. It had the desired effect.

Instantly they were yelling and fighting. The one man looked bewildered on how he got the hat. The look on his face was priceless. Fin was laughing so hard she almost fell off her sign. She knew it wouldn't last and that she would need more fun soon. She couldn't stop laughing though at the trouble she caused. She had remembered to pull her line up before anyone saw it.

She saw someone stumble a little ways off. It was an opening and she was nowhere near to cause trouble. Fin realized though that sometimes trouble found its way into the open even if she didn't help it. She watched anxiously to see what the being would do.

MidnightShadow

Kalani wandered through the port city, taking in her surroundings. Everywhere she looked, she saw some strange little wizard in wearing heavy, uncomfortable robes, or a merchant arguing with someone over a bad trade. The air was filled with voices: common, Yoreiqi, and some languages she had never heard before. Of course, Kalani was used to the outsiders. She had lived in the Port of Ainu her entire life, and had met people from all over. She even recognized a few traders here today that were "regulars" at the port.
As Kalani slipped through the crowd, she saw a couple of foreigners arguing about something. Apparently, someone had taken a hat that belonged to someone else. As they argued, Kalani couldn't  help but chuckle. People fought over the silliest things. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a fishing line sway in the breeze before being pulled up into the air. Curious, Kalani followed the line with her eyes and thought she could make out a person. Before she could focus her gaze, however, someone bumped into her from behind. Kalani stumbled forward and almost fell, but managed to keep her balance. Looking frantically up, she gazed at the spot she had been looking at before. There was nobody there. Weird, she swore she had seen something.
A voice spoke behind her, and Kalani turned to look at the person who had bumped into her. It was another Yoreiq islander; a girl not much older then Kalani. "My apologies," the girl said in their native language. Kalani replied, "Don't apologize. I should have looked where I was going." She tried not to feel annoyed. This girl had caused her to lose sight of the strange person with the fishing line. Sighing, Kalani smiled politely and said, "I'm Kalani. I don't think we've met before."

Aeytrious

Being timeless, a person starts to talk to themselves when they're alone. Such as it was today as Ritousaey floated invisible above this bustling port.

"There are some very interesting people in this land. I may stay here for a few hundred years before I decide if it should be saved. Oh look, a Brownie" Ritou floated over to observe her up close. He sought through her mind for her name, Findra, a pretty name for a little gem like her. It appeared she was about to play some sort of trick. A trouble maker this one. No wonder her aura was so chaotic and murky, questionable morals. As is common amongst the wee fae, the multiverse over. She dropped her line, hooked a hat, and placed it on another mans head. Deft little trickster, but not deft enough.

From his angle he saw that someone had noticed her line, as she drew it back in. The young woman's gaze was climbing toward the brownies perch. Though she was tiny, Rit knew that many of the locals had keen eyes for hunting, and Findra may just get caught, despite her natural ability to blend in. Sympathetic to the plight of troublemakers, he did spend a thousand years as a pick pocket once, he helped Findra out. He grabbed her by the back of her tiny coat, and did a space/time jaunt. He set her down two signs over and two minutes into her future.

"Sorry little one, but you were almost spotted", the disembodied voice of Rit said. "Luckily I happened along when I did. Be more careful. The local hunters have keen eyes, little brownie Findra." Rit decided he'd watch her for a while. A disembodied voice that knows your name was a prank he'd love to experience.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin was enjoying things until something strange happened. In just seconds she was two signs over. She was wondering how that had occurred. She hadn't the abilities to just magically move like that. Some fae did, but not her. She wondered if she had some new powers she didn't know about til now.

"Who are you? Where are you?" She asked keeping back behind the top part of the sign. It was a safe spot for her. She was more interested in the voice than she was in that below her now. Did she have a new friend? Was that even possible considering who she was?

"How do you know my name? What is yours?" She asked when she remembered that it had said her name. She was very curious about this. She hoped the answers would come.

Aeytrious

Ritousaey quirked an eyebrow at the reaction. Such recklessly fearless little creatures, brownies. Fin's aura brightened. She was curious, and hopeful. A human would have run in fear that a ghost or demon was attacking them. He decided to show himself. He assumed his default appearance for this universe and moved back away from the edge of the roof to avoid as many gazes from below as possible. Keeping his levitation just a centimeter above the roof he phased out of invisibility.

"Hello Fin", he began, with the quick staccato rhythm, common to the tiny fae. "I am so old and so often alone that I forget my manners at times. It was rude of me to read your mind without your permission. I am Ritousaey, all powerful guardian of the multiverse. It's not as exciting as it sounds. I'm fairly benevolent at the moment, and hardly as impressive as the title alludes. You may count me a friend and call me, Rit."

With an innocent grin, Rit extended a finger for Fin to shake in meeting.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin wasn't expecting this at all. She had a feeling it was someone who possessed and used magic regularly, but this? Guardians didn't just come out without a reason though. She was trying to figure out why a guardian would be here of all places.

"Hello Rit," she said shaking his finger. Larger beings were never this nice to her. She wondered what he could want. Her mind couldn't contain this, "what exactly brought you to this place?"

Aeytrious

"Curiosity, boredom, nothing really in particular. When you literally have all the time in the world, can be everywhere at once, and do anything, it gets lonely. Plus it's my job to decide if your world is worth saving this time. It has been a few times, but usually its not. I hope this time it is. Is it?" Rit quirked his head to the side in thought with that question. More as if he had asked himself than Fin.

"If it is, I'll save it yesterday, and again one hundred years ago. And then a few more times later on. I'll even have to save it from myself at least once I'm sure." He smiled at that. Fighting himself off always amused him.

"It'll take me a few hundred years to decide I'm sure." He looked at Fin, inquisitively.

"Would you like to help me decide?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

"I know those myself its why I do what I do. I'm always looking for fun," she said with a large grin. She heard the rest Rit was saying. She didn't like what she was hearing. Their world needed saving? That was news to her.

"Why does our world need saving?" She asked not sure she wanted to get mixed up in all of this. Where was the fun in deciding if the world needed saving? He wasn't making any sense in what he was saying.

"Okay, I'll help you decide," she said not sure what that entailed.

Aeytrious

"Every world needs saving. Some more than others. Most times the people living on it don't know how close they all come to dying, until they do of course." Rit smiled at Fin, hoping to keep her in decent spirits. A terrified Brownie was not something he wanted.

"What makes me decide to save a place is pretty simple," he continued. "One way is it has to have something unique to itself that can't be found anywhere else. That's a hard one," Rit paused for effect. "There are an infinite number of places for something to be. There are even other you's at other here's." He hoped that wasn't too confusing. Time jargon even got him turned around sometimes.

"The other, and much easier way, is to be such a wonderful place that I love it and don't want to see it gone. With as much, death, pain, and suffering this world has, it won't be easy," Rit finished, hoping she might have something in mind to change the direction his decision was headed.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin was alarmed by what he was saying. She hadn't thought of that before. He confused her with the time jargon, but she didn't show it. She figured he was just talking in riddle. She knew he spoke truth about death. There had been a couple of close calls for her. She was grateful those had passed though.

"Do these other worlds have someone like me? I highly doubt it. Brownies maybe, but someone who seeks out a larger world for some fun? That's even rare among the brownies on this world," she said not sure if that was enough. She had a feeling he would want more.

"Have you see the world through my eyes? It is a wonderful place. Death, pain, and suffering are just part of it. Without those we wouldn't have birth, happiness, and joy. One must stub their toe sometimes to have laughter fill the world. Yes they are in pain, but the outcome is better," she said wondering what Rit was thinking now. She had a feeling she still had a long way to go to convince him.

Aeytrious

Rit ignored the question about other there being other Findra's. Of course there were others, but that would just be a distraction to the task at hand. Riding inside Fin's mind and seeing the world as she saw it was an intersting idea, but that's not what she meant. It was too early in the budding friendship to manipulate her words like that.

"Well I suppose," Rit said in thought, "that could work." He flashed her one of his most charming half grins, "Where would you like to go little lady?" He raised a finger indicating she should wait, and cocked his head a moment in thought.

"Perhaps I should put a bit of extra effort into this." In an instant he was a 20cm in height. Not much taller than Findra.

"What kind of mischief will we be making today Fin?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin had to think about this question of his. Where did she want to go? She smiled wondering what he was offering. Did that mean any place in this time or another? She figured sticking to this time was the best and this world. She wasn't ready to cause trouble any place else yet she hadn't run out of room here.

"Any place that I haven't been yet," she answered still smiling. It was the truth any place she'd been would be different by people, but she liked seeing new things. Along with the new things came new experiences. Fin wasn't expecting Rit to shrink down to her size. That made it more interesting.

"I guess you really do want to see through my eyes. I don't know usually I wait for an opportunity to present itself. If you force mischief it might not turn out so rewarding," she said a glimmer in her eye. She turned from him to look around. It wouldn't be easy to cause more trouble from up here. Someone might be expecting it now.

"We need to get back to the ground. There is a drain over here that will lead us safely down. After that maybe try to trip someone."

Aeytrious

This was going to be fun. Rit found himself genuinely excited for the first time in ages. He had achieved mischief in his very distant past, and he would again many times, but spontaneity was not present in his existence. Now that his mind was headed down this path, he started thinking of great pranks he could pull with his new friend. They would start with a trip down on the street below, and who knew what after that. He could take them anywhere. They could truly get away with the greatest mischief ever conceived.

"Well Fin, today I am completely devoted to your whims. I will follow your lead wherever it goes. To the drain?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin heard what he said and smiled. Nobody had been 'completely devoted to' her whims before. She was looking forward to this for several different reasons. The top two were that fun was involved and she was making a new friend. The fact that this went together only made it so much better.

She was about to move toward the drain pipe when she stopped. She noted below was a tabby cat. That would be trouble if they got down there and met up with the cat. She sighed not liking this. That was the best way down, a nice slide.

"We can't now. That cat ruined it. If only there was some way to get that cat. Hey can you make water?" She asked a glimmer in her eyes. Cats hated getting wet.

Aeytrious

"The cat? Water?" It only took Rit a moment to connect the idea, and it seemed quite funny and they hadn't done anything yet.

"I think I can do one better. If you prefer, I can open a portal to the bottom of a full tavern chamber pot. Both wet and foul." This was going to be a fun adventure, and having a new friend here would help with the decision to save this world.

"How would you like it delivered," Rit asked with a devious grin. "A personal rain storm of filth? A foul waterfall? Or perhaps a fast splash down?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

She heard his words and was about to explain only to find she didn't have to. He had a fast mind she liked that. She had been thinking to drop it down the drain pipe, but if it was foul they wouldn't want that as they had to go down that themselves.

"That would be even better. Perhaps a fast splash down over the side of the building here," she said the humor in her voice. She was seeing the benefits of having Rit around, but knew not to push her luck. She was after all helping decide the fate of this world. Heaven help this world.

Aeytrious

"Well let's move in to watch, shall we?"

Rit stepped to the edge and waited for Findra to get her perch.

A splash down was an easy task. Rit chose a chamber pot that wasn't too big, as he wanted the mess to be localized. From the top of the building might cause a huge splash and get passerby's too, that could draw unwanted attention. He created the portal just a foot above the cat and let the vile contents of the chamber pot plunge through. It washed over the cat completely. The reaction was immediate, and surely just what Findra had hoped for.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin moved in sitting close enough to watch what would happen without falling off the edge. She was waiting to see the cat be splashed, and wasn't disappointed. It wasn't long before they saw the cat yowel about being wet and running off. She couldn't help but hoot in laughter.

"I should say poor kitty, but I can't bring myself to do so. That was wonderful. Onto our next adventure?" She said motioning for him to move down the spout with her to ground level. She wasn't sure what they could do next, but opportunities had funny ways of presenting themselves.

Aeytrious

Rit found himself not only pleased with the success of the mischief, but also with the clear joy he had brought to his new friend. He hadn't done anything simply for "the fun of it" in quite a long time, perhaps a few hundred years. The cat sprinted out of the area with great alacrity. With a thought, the remaining mess below was cleaned up so that nobody would step in it, and the stench would not draw attention. Ritousaey followed Findra to the spout, and joined her for an exciting trip down into adventure.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey