Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tired, weary and worn, she; she found herself numb to all of the effects around her. 
It wasn't until Urich rude comment for her to leave did she realize what she had just done-
Not only had she proved the Counsel wrong, made them leave, lost her standing with her aunt and probably a standing with the counsel, but she was now invariably homeless.
Not to mention, as she gave an indignant sniff, that she was wet, sopping wet, and muddy, just coated in mud!

She probably looked like some wild creature, some peculiar beautiful beast from the wilds, with her curly black hair in a mess about her face, plastered to her skin and her blue dress, now nearly black (and brown, thanks to the mud..) from the rain.  It was only then her cheeks heated in color, her eyes panged just ever so slightly with tears as he turned to address him.

"I wouldn't dream of staying here a minute longer, you ungrateful man," and pushing steadily on her parasol, she used whatever strength she had left from the climb to storm across the room and clean out of his god damn house.

Really, how rude of him to just cast her away! But, what had she expected?
She hadn't really done all of that just for him, anyways. She despised the man and in so, despised herself for protecting him- but it WAS the law, and she was tired of being called useless. But now, how could the counsel deny all of her hard efforts!?
But what did it matter?
For what home did she have to give? She was still of the Armani blood line, yes, but now what of it?

She was barely three steps away from his house when her leg suddenly gave way and she toppled into a puddle against the floor.  And finding herself too exhausted, and too overwhelmed from the whole ordeal, her mind spiraled away, and even a strong a woman as she could give way to a simple faint. Exhaustion could do a number on a lady-
but two rejections were enough to devastate.

So there she lay-
skirts and hair and body soaked in a puddle of mud while the rains continued to pour down from the swelling skies above.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He thought he locked that door.  No matter she was free to leave of her own volition.  She caused enough trouble...she and all her meddling women relatives and those feeble men that followed their lead like they didn't have the balls to do it themselves.  There was some respect to be had in that and granted, Urich knew Victoria had guts.  But he still didn't care for her.

He took a sip of his wine and took a seat at the table, drinking lazily and feeling like he wanted a pinch of tobacco of all moments, at least to calm his nerves as he listened to the rain fall in the opened door.  But he didn't pay much attention to it.  Thunder rolled lazily across the sky.  A pup moved from the safety of the bear rug and scampered near him, looking at him then at the door and stalking over to it in curiosity.

"Hey!  Get over here!" he said to the little wolf, who completely ignored him.  He watched the pup jump, seeing Victoria sprawled on the ground and turned to whine at Urich.  "Oh what now?" he said, standing up and putting his goblet down and going to see what the matter was.  "Shoo, get back to the rug," he said and saw Victoria sprawled on the ground just outside the antechamber door.

"Gods," he said, only slightly alarmed.  He dragged her by her feet and pulled her inside, closing the door to keep the wild winds out, locking it as well.  He then picked her up, cradling her in his arms and moving into the greathall by the fire place, placing her on the bearskin rug.  She was sopping wet, tracking mud and dirt everywhere but for the moment such a thing was secondary to him.  Urich knew she'd freeze to death if he didn't get her out of these ridiculous clothes.  And no doubt his face would be met with an endless array of slaps because of it.  If she was still alive that is.

He worked at her corset, thankful he knew enough about them to undo it with little trouble and prying it from her still form after he worked off her dress.  She was left in the last layer of skirt she had, though he even considered removing that as well.  Lastly were her boots and hosery, sprawled out and suddenly in the teeth of very awake, very playful pups.  Two were tugging it between them to see who could win out.

Urich put another log in the fire place and stoked the flames until they roared enough to withstand the rain.  He looked at Victoria, slightly worried and brought the wine beside her.  Good gods, this woman must have walked all the way here to meddle in his business.  And it showed in the swelling around her ankle.  He sat beside her and tried to wake her with the sudden smell of alcohol so close to her nose.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Exhaustion had taken it's toll. She was out like a lamp, but the alcohol had a mean kick that, once inhaled, she suddenly found herself snorting, face scrunching as she punched her arms out into alarm.

"Good Gods!" she said, now erect, panting heavily within a moment of panic as she suddenly realized, with a  shiver, she was .. almost naked and..
very close to a certain man she despised.

Jolting at the sight of him, she gave a gasp.
"Mister Renqvist!" she shouted suddenly, placing a hand across her heavy and exposed cleavage as her face gave way to a burn. "What on earth are you doing!? What am I doing here!?" ANd she blinked, looking down at her ivory colored under garments with another cry. "And where are my clothes!?"

A puppy ran by wiht the victorious, shredded ends of her hosiery.
Her eye lids went from wide, to narrowed as she sighed.
Then another pup raced past with the other end of it, a third one trailing, tripping over it's little puppy feet as it gave a yap in attempts to make claims of it.
She buried her face into her hand.

"Tell me this is a dream. I'm just dreaming this all happening," she grumbled into her palm, but felt too exhausted to fight any of it, but when she went to stand, she made a noise, a jolt of pain shot through her as she collapsed back into whatever remains of her skirts he had left her in.
Wincing, she looked down at her leg.
"Oh, I almost forgot I tripped down that bloody hill,"s he muttered, resting a hand over the swollen skin and winced.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

It was too late to regain any shred of dignity she thought covering her breasts would claim.  He already had plenty of time to take her in.  But he was still a man as much as he was an animal and good sense told him he was already in enough trouble as it was.  He couldn't help a mischievious grin however and took a sip of the wine in the goblet before setting it aside.

"Miss Armani," he said, getting up when she tried to stand.  He caught her in time before she landed backwards in a heap, helping her settle against the softness of the rug.  "Here have a drink."  He offered her the goblet.  "As much disgust as you hold for me, I'd prefer if you could save it until after you were well enough to travel.  You look like a heap of bones.

"You fell just outside my door and I dragged you in.  Look, I may be a wolf.  But I'm also a man.  And I'm smart enough to know you won't make it back to town in this weather.  For now it might better if you stay here."  He grinned, glancing at her chest.  "I can help take care of you ankle.  It looks pretty bad."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria's face flushed when he caught her. It was a most scandalous situation, but as he described it, it seemed she had little choice.
She made a face.
"That still doesn't explain my clothes,"S he glared up at him. "You always seem to take a fancy in destroying my clothes. Don't you find that a tad bit more wolfish than man?" she had to point out.  "Really, who sneaks into a ladies home to tear up her dresses!"

Bark! Bark!

Blinking, Victoria looked down at her leg where a little wolf puppy was smiling at her, tongue lulled and it's fat back side wriggling about as exuberantly as it's tail.  THe it began to chew on the under skirts as she gave a start.
"Really now!"s he tried pushing the puppy away, but it only barked and playfully licked at her fingers. She turned away, trying to ignore the thing but it only continued to prod at her, barking even when she continued to ignore it.

"Can you ask your beast to desist?" she inquired, not wanting to pay the puppy the time of day. Really, did it not know she was exhausted!?  Frowning, she found herself wilting into him, her head still dizzy and feeling a bit more light headed at the wonderful scent of his natural musk.

"So you say I feel just outside your door?" She pushed herself up warily, realizing hiding herself awy into his chest was an awful idea for a lady to assume. 

Also, the idea seemed preposterous, but... sadly it made some sense.
And he was right- she had lost much weight int he pass month- having given up many meals for her research. Unfortunately, her bust hadn't suffered the effects, but her cheeks seemed a bit more boney, evne her arms perhaps. Not that it mattered-
but her skin- HEAVENS. she might even have appeared the color of bone! Normally she dawned a rich tan, a tan she loathed, but feeling and looking sickly, well, her skin seemed to finally don a more suitable hue for a proper lady-

She placed her hand to her head, still struggling over the idea of her current situation. But that's when the pup jumped into her lap and she gave a start, an din her motion, she jerked her leg and gave another cry of pain-
but then the puppy went about, pushing her over onto the rug and starting happily lapping at her face-
and soon all of the other puppies had seen this..
and there was an entire HOARD of puppies upon her, excitedly lapping and licking at her with glee!

"Ooff! Ugh!" she would have enjoyed this had she not bee in such pain and exhaustion.
"Mister Renqvist!"s he called, waving a hand out between the mass of happy pups. "Your dogs! Please!" But they liked her too much to stop! and kept kissing at her nose and face! Even chewing happily at the discards of her dress.

She would need more than that mead after she was done with... well, whatever it was she now had to do here!

Lion

Urich was grinning with amusement as the wolf cubs had their way with Victoria.  He never thought he'd actually have a real smile with this dreadfully annoying woman around, but he did and felt much better for it.  And when all the pups suddenly started to gang up on her he waved them off.  "Okay, okay!  Away you little devils!  I'll have your hides!"  The pups yapped at him but scampered off as the headless ghost of Robern led them away with a floating tray of treats.

Urich turned back to her and grinned.  "See what you turned them into?  They were better off as killing-machines.  Now you've got them as little more than scampering little imps.  They get into everything!  But...I like them.  They are mine after all."

He pulled away from her and reached for the jug that held the rest of the wine.  It was strong and smelled sweet of fresh grapes, the perfect fermentation.  He poured himself another goblet then proceeded to sit beside her.  "Look, so you don't go getting any ideas about me, I stripped off your dress because they were soaking wet.  You'd freeze to death.  And furthermore you might bet better off taking off that last layer if you want to stay warm.  Here, you can have my jacket for now."

He took off his coat and placed it over her shoulders.  "Just don't poke too many holes in it.  Now...is there something more I can do for you before I tend to your ankle?  Would you like some more wine?  Would you like something to eat?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria's face turned more red at the idea when his coat as tossed over her shoulders. SHe quickly hugged it tight.
"I say! That would be hardly lady like of me, indeed! To go galavanting about your property in mostly nothing at all!"
Though when he began to offer her things, she wasn't sure how to respond, feeling squimish and awkward that he was suddenly catering towards her.

"No, you shouldn't fuss over me,"s he began, trying to push herself up right, but found herself only sighing with exhaustion.
"I don't know if I could eat. THough I haven't slept in days, ugh, all of that damned research,"s he mumbled, rubbing irritably at her temples. "You really shouldn't be fussing over me. And I really should be heading back to-" but when she tried to stand again,t he damn foolish woman jsut fell right on over again, giving a yelp of pain.
"Ugh, I should not have walked on the damn thing after all,"s he groaned, one eye closed as she winced.

Lion

Urich sighed, knowing it would come to this.  "Look, Miss Armani, let's face it.  You're a stubborn mule.  It's true.  And I'm an arrogant asshole.  I'm not trying to cover up the truth, it's too plain as day to deny it.  But another clear fact is that you're in no condition to be going anywhere.  Now, while I'll admit, I'd like you out of my home sweet home as soon as possible...I think this is the least I can do.  And now that you're finally a guest in my house, you can see what a great host I am!"

He smiled with pride at that and got up to the table and took off a plate of cheese and a chicken that he had planned to eat.  It was a little cold, what with all the ruckus and everyone constantly opening his door, letting cold air inside.  "Here," he offered, sitting beside her.  "It's cold but it's ready to eat.  No worms, no maggots.  A fresh chicken.  Don't ask where it came from.  And have some wine!  I'm sure you're freezing.  Please.  You're a guest in my home.  For now at least."

Urich got up again and disappeared down a corridor and after five minutes he reappeared with a kettle of water and put it on the rack by the furnace to warm.  As it did so, he dunked a clean cloth in it to soak in warm water and folded it over, before carefully kneeling beside her swollen wound.  "This is pretty bad.  What possessed you to walk on this in the miles it took to get here?"  He slowly wrapped the warm cloth over her ankle.  "Just relax."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria stared down at the food.
And stared, her face growing long.
"Why are you-" she began to ask, but the man was already off. Her cheeks swelled in a flush. What was going on here!? Didn't they hate one another!?
So he admitted all of their faults, but he wasn't kicking her out..
he could have just left her to rot and he'd be all the better.

She stared back down at the plate.
"I suppose I should be thanking you, but I also think I might be losing my head!"s he admitted, still not having touched her food. But when he drew near to her, moving towards her ankle she gasped.
"What are you!?" but when he moved to wrap a clothe around it, she tensed, a hand braced against her face in defense.
At his question, however, her eyes narrowed.
"They wouldn't let me tag along. But I had to get the upper hand!" she informed him, dropping her hand away from her mouth as she slammed it angrily into the ground, sending some of the chicken to the air before it settled back onto the plate.
"All they talk about all day is rules and regulations, and all I get to do is read and they sent me on this one assignment-"s he stared at him, almost indignantly as she went on with a red face. "AN assignment they sough tto ignore, then pressed the issue when I failed and wanted to have nothing ot do with me for my errors- but it wasn't my errors I was interested in, it was theres! To show them I was just as capable as the rest of the lot and well-"
she realized she had been going on and turned her face shamefully away.

"And well here I am, left to my rash fate. My leg injured, clothes torn off, in the home of the man who hates me, in a place full of-"
she saw a puppy had snuck in and was lickin gat her chicken.
"YOu scoundrel!" she swatted the air towards him to shoo him away, but hte pup made off with her chicken as she made a sigh.
"And now i'm homeless, disowned and without chicken." her lips sagged in a frown as she wilted.  "ANd I suppose you're allt he happier for it. At least they can't come back here. I know I've prove them right! They'll see it all in the paper work!"s he began, getting all fiery from it again.

Lion

Urich nodded as he listened to her ranting.  He was gentle with her ankle, an act that surprised even him.  But he thought nothing of it and pressed the warm cloth to ease the swelling little by little.  Urich nodded here and went 'mhmm' there and let the warm cloth sit after dipping it in the hot kettle again.  He removed it from the rack and set it on the floor.  It wouldn't do anyone any good to have it boiling.  And he was trying to help her, not scald her.  He could save that for later.

Urich sat beside her and pushed the plate a little closer, keeping the goblet in one hand and his other on the floor balancing.  "Now you see all the good talking and so-called paperwork does for anyone?"  He sighed.  "You don't have to thank me.  As happy as I am to watch you suffer and die, it's a half-hearted suffering.  I mean you're not even awake when it's happening.  And no doubt if you went missing, that crow-aunt of yours would be knocking on my door again, since this was the last known place you were seen, thinking I'd gone and killed you.  No...  I've decided if I'm going to kill you, I at least owe you the courteous having you awake while I'm doing it."

He couldn't help but afford her a grin.  "Relax.  You're so tense.  You don't have to be such a 'lady' here?  Why don't we call a truce for now?  Have a drink...and some cheese."  He frowned at the plate.  Little devil.

He looked at her skin...staring at its palor, feeling the magnetic spark pull his eyes across it, down to her neck.  He could hear the vulnerable blood coursing through there.  Too easy...so close.  But now was certainly not the time.  He grinned at her, a wolfish smile at best.  "Maybe I could do you a favor...  I certainly didn't ask for you to come here.  And I know I don't want you to come back.  You know YOU don't want to come back here.  I could try to talk things over with your aunt...maybe get her to keep you.  It's a sad thing, a woman with no home."

He leaned his head back and took a long drink from his goblet.  His clothes were soaked a litte from her wet clothing and his shirt clung to his chest.  A head reached up to work at the sticky collar and opened it a little to let some air.  "Is the fire a little too hot?" he asked, looking over to the furnace.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria donned a dreary expression.
"You ask me to relax, but there's no reason to," she sighed, lowering her head as her dark hair began to fall into her face. The elaborate  bun it had been tightened into, spiraling apart in pretty little messes about her face and shoulders.

But then at his mention to go after her Aunt, she sat up in alarm, suddenly grabbing onto his arm.
"No, you mustn't!" her eyes were so terribly wide now. "Do you not think of the consequences! Just wait until word gets back about this!" she nearly fainted away at the thought!  "I do not need my name tarred any further so. To be backed by a man in such conditions when I am not even wed yet! You might as well kill me now. THen I'd be homeless and unable to marry!"

Not that she had any suitors before! but he didn't need to know that!

Sighing, she dropped her head.
"No," and shook it. "Do not trouble yourself over it. I'll find a way to manage." but she sulked, not knowing really much of what to do. Her eyes only opened, staring down at the plate of food tiredly. Yes, unfortunately for Urich, she was too tired to eat, despite her stomach twisting with hunger- it was also twisting in knots of distress.

She sighed, defeatedly.
"Is it too much to ask at least for a bed for the night?" she said wearily. "I'm afraid my temper will grow only more coarse, and my eyes, too weak to remain awake any longer."

Lion

"Don't go dismissing it all so quickly," he said, feeling offended at her reaction but recoiling easily.  "I know it's a stretch, especially for me...but I feel partly responsible for what happened to you.  Your aunt is a horrid, horrid - HORRID - woman.  She must have never married or had something else to preoccupy her mind with herself.  Which is a shame.  But she obviously puts business before family.  And I don't think quite highly of that.  What good is a reputation when you don't even have a bed to sleep in?" he asked, serious and drank the rest of his wine.

His head was spinning, the effects quite strong.  He sat straighter and drank the wine which she did not and shoved both goblets away on the plate.  "You're a guest in my home.  I'm obligated as a host to see that you are treated well.  It's the least I could do...after putting your very livelihood on the line for me.  Well, for you mostly, but partly to help me.  It...is a little annoying.  I could have killed them all very easily.   And probably spent the rest of my days in an iron enchanted collar.  That wouldn't have been much fun at all.  So as much as I am reluctant to do so...I do owe you a great deal of thanks.  Maybe I can pay you back sooner rather than later."

He grinned at her at talk of a bed.  "I do...But the only good one is my own.  I don't suppose you'd be keen on taking it since it smells like a werewolf...and you don't care much for me.  I wouldn't be much of a hose if I let you sleep on a hay stack on the ground.  Now come on, up into my arms.  Don't worry I can carry you."  He leaned down and put an arm around her back, underneath hers and another underneath her knees.  "You need to kind of scoot near me for me to carry you.  It's not like you can walk without crying out in pain."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"W-what are you doing!?" she blushed as he moved to scoop his arms around her. "Carry me!?"
BUt she was hardly a dainty creature, heavy curves and chest aside, she was a tall one as well. Perhaps not as tall as him, but even still..
She tensed in his arms.
"Really! I this the only way!?" she cried, pushing back from him slightly. Honestly! he was being a bit too friendly for even her own liking! She just wasn't prepared to be scooped and carried off and away by..
by...
by this werewolf!

Lion

Urich sighed and raised an amused brow at her.  Of course, what did he expect?  Nothing with this woman could be easy.  He pulled his arms back and crouched beside her.  "Look, I'm not expecting a kiss or anything," he laughed.  "I'm just trying to help.  Unless you'd like to sit here on this rug and got to sleep.  But I promise you...the bed is much, much more comfortable....  Not to mention supported."

He laughed a little and offered his arms again.  "If you please.  It's not like you can walk anyway."  But before she could protest too much, he pulled her up.  It was a little too fast and the motion made him dizzy and he paused to keep his balance before heading off down the corridors.  She was a large woman, but her weight was just about nothing, not when he had his wolf strength to keep him supported at least until he got drunk enough.

"I told you you should have relaxed.  But you have a real hard time listening."  He followed the same corridor he went down to fetch fresh water though moved in the opposite direction.  The torches that lit their path automatically lit as he passed near them, carrying Victoria despite any resistance on her part.  "You act as if you've never had a man carry you before?" he said as he reached his chamber doors.

He waved a hand a little and the doors opened of their own volition and a grand bedchamber opened up before him, two candelabras in two corners.  A candle chandelier at the top, all alit with blue ghostly fire.  The bed was rounded, and clearly more comfortable than the bear rug by the furnace.

Yes, for a man with no real job, he lived quite comfortably.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria gasped as she was suddenly hefted into the man's strong arms.
"Mister Renqvist!" she exclaimed. "Really! I could at least try to walk!"s he began to protest, shifting uneasily within his arms and finding herself needing to hold onto him, bringing her much more intimately closer to him than she would have liked as she huffed her hot breath upon him.

"Really! I can't say that i have been carried by such a man! And here I think you must be rather enjoying yourself! To see me squirm so uncomfortably!" she declared, still flushed, but then upon seeing his room she gave a start, drawing a hand to her lips.

"Why, for a man living in some run down old place, you sure have found yourself a handsome bed!" she exclaimed, eyes still wide from it as she took it in. Why, it seemed even more robust than her bed at home!

Lion

"Oh please, enough with the formalities, Miss Armani.  I mean, Victoria.  What an interesting sounding name.  Vihk-toor--eeeee-uh.  VIktoireuh!  Hahahaha!  I digress," he said, walking around the bed.  "Call me Urich.  At least for now.  When, you're well enough to leave, feel free to call me whatever you like after that."

He approached the side of the lofty surface and set her down, very gently, as she was still wearing his favored coat.  He moved over her, pulling the silkened sheets from their folds and pulling them from underneath her legs, mindful of her injured ankle.  He made enough room for him to sit beside her and he smiled softly.

"I apologize if this is a little much for you, but old habits die hard and I like to make my guests feel as close to home as possible.  Are you sure you wouldn't like a drink, Victoria?  It'll help you sleep.  And ease the ache of your ankle."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria made a face at his statement. "Urich?" she said, repeating the name, but the frowned as he went about butchering hers up. "Hmph!"

Though when he set her down gently, she did her best to remain calm, after all he seemed ONLY to be trying to help and well...
"Sounds like a fantastic idea!" a little alcohol would let her forget about all of these shenanigans!
"I'll talk a little something of whatever you got." She clutched the jacket and leaned forward upon the bed, peering at him almost desperately before she remembered her manners.
"If only to help me to forget where I am momentarily. for the pain, really."s eh said, using her ankle as the excuse as she showed off her dainty, swollen ankle and foot, ad perhaps a bit more leg than she ought to have when she showed it off beneath her skirts.

Lion

His eyes truly had a mind of their own.  They wandered over her but he only raised a curious brow and smiled at her acceptance.  He always kept something a little bit stronger in his personal quarters than in the great hall.  He had a cabinet just across from the bed and leaned over opening it up and pulling out a fine black bottle.  He had glasses here instead of goblets and pulled out a pair of shorter glasses.

He popped the cork from its top and poured it.  "This is a fine madeira," he said.  "I bought off a merchant passing through from Adela.  He made all his own wines.  It's excellent, I think even someone of your fine breeding will enjoy it."  He gave her the first glass and took the second to himself when he approached the bed and sat down.

"I understand you'd like to forget.  I'm sure there's a lot of things you'd like to forget.  Hm...maybe I could..."  He stopped there, looking at her leg and then busied himself with a drink.  "Maybe I could leave you to get some rest."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria gladly took the glass and nearly down it all in a few quick gulps. ONce she was done, she sighed, rather loudly, and made a face as the wine burned on it's way down.
And of course it went straight to her head, but it was hardly enough.
"Here, just give me that bottle,"s he said, snatching it from him and taking it to her lips. But after a long sip, she sat up suddenly, spilling some of the drink upon her face and  lap.

"Yes, here, leave the bottle here, lest you want to stick around to hear a drunk Armani woman rant!" she said, waving the bottle about angrily and wiping what had spilled off her face iwth the back of her hand. "After all, WHO does my Aunt think she is anyways!" the woman started, face growing red from not just the booze as hse let out a hot breath. "Kicking me out of my own home just for showing her up! I deserve a title, a position at least, really! For all the things I've done!" She threw her head back, downing more of the buttery wine. "And really now, NOW I find myself at ends with a man who tried to kill me, laying in his bed of all places!" she was telling him this as if he didn't know! THen blinked to realize as she gave a giddy laugh, patting him upont he chest. "But you are a most amusing host, indeed! Offering me chickens, but.. but-"s he was laughing again, nearly doubled over in the bed, spilling more wine. "But the little wolves, oh how htey ate it up!" she hiccuped once at the end of another laugh before looking down at the wine bottle in her hand in question. "I say, perhaps I've had enough here." she said, trying to recompose herself, slicking back some of her hair as she tried to set the bottle aside, only she slipped and fell right before Urich.
"Oof!"

Lion

The madeira was strong to be sure, but he was beginning to see it didn't take much to get her out of her head already.  Urich watched with amusement as she snatched the bottle from him.  It was a good thing he had another stashed away somewhere, where even he couldn't find it unless he used his nose.  For now, he just watched her.  That was until she went on and on and drank more and more.

"Okay, perhaps you've had enough," he tried to interrupt only to be patted on the chest.  He was taken aback and kept his mouth shut, as she continued her rant.  Still she drank until she figured she had finished.  The bottle landed with a wobble on the bedside table and as she fell out of the bed.  His arms barely caught her in time before her face kissed the floor.

"Well, yes, I think you've had enough too," he agreed, both laughing at her and with her.  He smiled and helped her back into the bed.  "You don't hold your liquor very well, I see."  Urich got up and walked around the bed, closing the chamber doors as he passed them.  Without saying a word, his hands reached below and pulled up his shirt from being tucked into his trousers and he pulled it up and over his head, placing it on a chair beside him.  He leaned aginst it and took off his boots.  Soon his trousers went with it, and while he wasn't completely naked - still in his underclothes - he climbed in bed beside her and laid down, facing the ceiling.

He closed his eyes, preparing to go to sleep while the candles dimmed a little, as if by thought.  "Oh, sorry, but I hope you didn't think I was going to let you have this bed to yourself," he said, looking at her.  "Well, we've both had a long day..and night.  Perhaps its time to get some sleep."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn